FEM 2015 - 1st post updated 8.8.!

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

kuchitsu
Kuski

Re: FEM 2015 - 1st post updated 8.8.!

Post by kuchitsu »

11 days in a house with noone but kuskis, it truly looks like Elma Heaven!)
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Sold both antennas and the router to cabin lady so we don't need to worry about returning those anymore! And we will have working internet next year here.

Also we are going to do the end cleaning ourselves tomorrow to save 120€ so there is only few hundred euros needed to collect afterwards. I will soon tell the more precice amount. :beer:
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

On my way home now, thanks guys it was so fun again! I initially paid for three nights but ended up staying for the whole time so I guess it tells everything. See you next time!
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

Hosp wrote:barbapappa absent :(
He shied out from the picture and even taking the photo was too much, so we had to use timer
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

pics or didn't happen
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

Lukazz wrote:pics or didn't happen
Orcc wrote:First weekend group picture: http://kopasite.net/up/0/fem15.JPG

insguy, ismo, jokke, markku, dz, tisk, axxu, abula, zebra, orcc, smibu, ville_j, ramone, luther, k00, adi, nick-o-matic, roope, lousku, terb00bs
NoobSty2-competition

Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

I only recognize Adi, Luther Abula, Ramone and I think it is Lousku with the beard and yellow shirt =D
edit: or maybe who I think is Adi, is in fact Nick-o-matic, not sure!
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Bjenn wrote:I only recognize Adi, Luther Abula, Ramone and I think it is Lousku with the beard and yellow shirt =D
edit: or maybe who I think is Adi, is in fact Nick-o-matic, not sure!
you realize that the names underneath are from left to right?
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

No I didn't, thank you!
Luther
37mins club
Team: ICE

Post by Luther »

I Love you mans so much! I got back into safe-land without dying. Even Bartek did. It was worth it as always.

Trying to dust off some old ability to recreate and enhance the experience in some writing shortly.

Ville J always providing insane social skills. Lousku also. Adi proving how skill can be shown with pure emotion in a very raw way which is more than oke. Markku doing the same thing but with brain likewise, also oke. Swedes being out of place and loud, osv. Nicko having to practice patience and adaptation... These kind of things.

An evaluation of all mans coming soon. Kortsu sporting a mullet like it's 95 with a superiour confidence, perfect humor and an rl bike? And what's with the german director?
Nekit for president
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

I hev to post this picture of me and Luther here, made me smile so much when I saw it)))
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Pascal
Kuski

Post by Pascal »

Nice one, wish I could join you one day. And great to see Luther healthy, looks like he never had his shoulder broken. :)
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

I really had many great experiences in Finland. Miss many people now once home, miss the awesome weather, the good times, the chill moments, the sun, the awesome finnish summersun. The woods, the lakes, all the amazing people that showed up. And god damn I miss the sauna. And the smokesauna, and the pond. And the great times in sauna, the silly and serious conversations. Oh, the sauna. I really trully miss it, the whole experience, with all you guys. My heart lacks a piece right now. I dont miss the elma. But I would gladly go to bed in the cabbin right now wondering where to drive tomorrow. I think I would like a "normal" vacation in Soumi-land and just drive where the roads take me.

Extra special thanks to nom for his extreme patience, and making all this happen. You trully deserve an amazing thanks! My trip would never have been the same without you. Next time we meet, I will beat you, whatever game we play when that happens.
Elasto Mania - ez better
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

also, do anyone have a good pic of the whole room with all the ppl there from the first weekend where I sit and play? I would love a great "vacation-pic" for my fb. Want one where I sit and play but still see how big room and how much people, thanks in advance!
Elasto Mania - ez better
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

When will pics osv be released?
ToMaT
mr
38mins club

Post by mr »

I became so happy when I saw the group picture :D

10 years ago I was last time arranging and taking part to FEM. 10 years is so long time and there's still so many same people taking part to this happening (I've met 10/20 people of picture).

The scene is still alive with this way also. Just great!

Waiting for report with more pics and other stuff..
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

Hosp wrote:When will pics osv be released?
Maybe FEM2015 didn't happen. They all just photoshoped few images and don't have time or it just takes too much time to create more fake pics :(
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

When I think Luther, I think small man. Only because sound like Irish Jockey when english on Skype. :D
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
TarGEnoR
Kuski

Post by TarGEnoR »

:) Cool picture, interesting to see who is who :)
http://home.no/drinx <-- Li world top10, OLP world top10 table, and olp statistics
TarGEnoR
Kuski

Post by TarGEnoR »

Im :)

http://home.no/drinx <-- Li world top10, OLP world top10 table, and olp statistics
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Hi TarGEnoR 8)

Ookkay, I have calculated all the money things and the situation is A LOT better than I thought. This is because
  • We got the end cleaning money (120€) back even though our end cleaning was flawed (not so many truly cleaned, the biggest thanks go to Markku and Smibu). Actually we maybe wouldn't even have done the end cleaning since the money situation already looked better in the end but when I asked what is needed to do in the end cleaning from the cabin lady she understood we definitely want end cleaning and I didnt orka correct. =)
  • We got really much money from tölks and bottles, more than I thought (since less ppl). Over 80 euros!
  • Got one 30€ payment which I wasn't expecting since forgot that he hadn't paid.
  • Ville stayed full time so more euros from him!
  • Sold antennas and router to cabin lady so didnt even have to try returning them. All in all got nearly 500€ from her - including end cleaning refund =D
  • Also had got a bit extra payments already.
So I'm only 173€ short atm and obvofc I can pay much of it myself (full time 72€) so if I get about 100€ back I'm happy! I think those whole helped the most (for example with cleaning and internet things) do not need to pay. And also those who had sick travel expenses (for example our foreign guests) do not need to pay extra. And also ppl in bad money situation don't have to pay. I think it's like 5-15€/person for the rest!

It would be nice if you wrote some reports! I'm going too but not a really big one and not soon - I'm travelling now.

Still havent finished femquiz grading, I've been quite busy =S And now I'm travelling so you need to wait ;S
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Just a small clip I already shared on Whatsapp: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B05dm- ... 5WZDQ/view
Such sweet tsöff sounds during beer battle =)

EDIT: really looking forward to all teh upcoming texts!
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

haha who is it complaining about the levs?))
Kortsu
Kuski

Post by Kortsu »

What an awesome time I had, thanks to all of you for that! I just love the way you are welcomed when you arrive, like mans had known you for many years, which I guess they have but mostly online.

Ramone saw me arrive and immediately introduced himself, what a great dude to talk to, laidback and chill, yet quite nervous when it was time to start heading home. I like how nom was Johannes to him.
Luther again was very nice to meet, remember to bring that bottle next time and leave some for me, bro. Get that beard growing again, nice start!
Bartek definitely had the dankest bodily fumes, also was nice to hear Mega Man 2 music on full blast in the middle of the night. Best banter imo.
Lousku had easily the best beard this time, and chillest attitude.
Forgot to ask Smibu about Elma 2, otherwise didn't interact much with him.
adi played some Mario Kart 8, hope you enjoyed it! Fun to spy him playing Elma live.
Markku, I need pictures!
ville_j won BB again, gz dude! Thanks for letting me use your laptop.
Thanks to nick-o-matic for another great event and another nice board game.

Maybe next time I can join people for other activities outside the cabin. Sauna was amazing again, as expected. Smoke sauna is a rarity for me, so that was a nice experience. I was the worst elma player of the second weekend, no surprises there.
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

kuchitsu wrote:haha who is it complaining about the levs?))
I would guess Ramone
My Youtube Channel Level Stats Maker Battle Notifier!

Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

nick-o-matic wrote:173€
Skickaded 20e.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Okay, I actually have enough money already! Mega thank you for extra payers!

What it comes to reports and stories, its quite long time from FEM already so please write something before its forgotten!
Mrrrr
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Mrrrr »

Pics please! An image is 1000 words. Go go go! :beer:
RiP Mawane ((
RiP Devin ((
wtf mans?!
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

I promised I'd try to write at least a short lauta post about FEM15, so here's that. I don't have a diary, but some incoherent unorganized general thoughts. I won't mention everyone because time and mental energy are limited, so it's not possible to connect with everyone in a way that would produce something interesting to post publicly. You're all pretty awesome people anyway. :)

It had been 8 years since a proper big FEM by the oldschool mans, so in 2013 a smaller bunch of the new generation (Spef, jon, Hosp and I) rented a small cabin for a week and invited some others. nick-o-matic, roope, Kiiwi, Jamppa and Rast joined us, all newer mans who came together playing balles in belma and EOL. Definitely a different part of the community than the oldschool, but also intertwined with them. Some Orcc might say it wasn't an actual FEM, but it was a necessary initiative since no bigger FEMs had been happening, and it probably launched nom's interest in bigger meetings as he started planning FEM14 and took responsibility for it.

I've thanked him many times already, but nick-o-matic is really important for FEM. He is taking the biggest responsibilities, negotiating with the notoriously unpredictable cabinlady and organizing everything without asking for much. He could be more bossy for his own sake, but I'd also call him a true leader since he doesn't crack a whip but sets an example and basically only asks for help with things he doesn't have time or resources for. Without him we probably wouldn't have these meetings.

FEM14 brought the old and the new together in a meeting for maybe the first time, so it was an introduction phase. Nervousness and awkwardness were somewhat prevalent at least on my part, these things take time. Of course there were many funny and good moments and it was well worth attending, but I was missing some connections with mans, obviously regarding things beyond Elma itself.

This year though, collectively we were more familiar and relaxed, and the atmosphere allowed more interesting conversation. Still, it took some time to relax mentally and open up. It also took the couches, which had been hauled to the kitchen to make room for more computers on the first weekend. Bringing them back to the big room was nice, because for some mysterious reason it's easier to connect with people when you're facing them. We touched a wide range of subjects from the advantage of starting the game young, like Zero, to social constructs and behavior, societies, war, Mars missions, whatever came up. I really enjoyed it.

Of course nervousness is always an element in these things, to some degree. Most of us only meet face to face once a year, if that, and it takes time to adjust to interacting that way instead of just text. Chatting has its advantages too: conversation is more liberal, it's easier to open up, and you can take convenient thinking breaks of whatever length during conversations. But some essential parts of communication that have been used for at least tens of thousands of years are simply not there. When talking face to face, often you don't need to completely verbalize a thought, because facial expressions, gestures, tones of voice and other elements help deliver the message. This was a fun thing to explore sitting outside with Luther and ville_j one night. At least for me, this is part of the reason why it's absolutely worth it to drag my ass from the computer to actually meet you mans and see how well we can transfer communication that developed on the internet to a totally different setting. It takes some adjustment, but eventually it works and we can connect quite well.

There's also the problem with online interaction, that sometimes mans come off as arrogant or offensive when they're really not being that serious at all. I don't realize they're joking, and they don't realize that I don't realize they're joking, so we're talking past each other and conflicts arise from of nowhere. I've interpreted at least Ramone and BarTek as arrogant in the past, but meeting them face to face revealed that they're really quite sensible, reasonable and kind mans. Very good company and conversation partners as well.

The Swedish trio of Luther, Ramone and BarTek was an important element in the social climate. They were really needed to instigate many conversations. Either there is just that big of a cultural difference between Finland and Sweden, or they differ from us by being outgoing enough to travel to a different country to meet people. Either way, I'm very glad they joined and I wish they will join again next year.

Because of my physical condition and the shit behind that, I was hesitant to even attend in the first place, but missing it would have been regrettable. I have to thank everyone who happened to be nearest whenever I needed help carrying stuff around, heating food, fetching drinks, whatever. Everyone contributed to make basic things significantly easier for me, even going out of their way to ask if I needed help. Without it, I wouldn't have been able to enjoy the meet very well.

Apart from physical difficulty, I was also afraid of being an elephant in the room, making things more awkward for whatever reason. And it was partly weird the first few days. E.g. I wound up explaining it straight away when sitting outside with Abula and roope, which was stupid and unnecessary, but I think (or hope) it wasn't much of a factor after that.

I also had my doubts about insane guy's documentary project and what he was actually planning to include in it, but this was only because I wouldn't have had any idea how to approach a project like that myself. As it turned out, he had a great drive and promising ideas, and I hear he got a good variety of interviews as well. I wanted to contribute too, but had no confidence in being able to say anything useful. I regretted that a few days later when I got more comfortable, but I'm certain that others had far better insight. Quite excited to see the results. :)

Planning contests is a bit difficult, because of course you want the most players for the best contests, but at the same time I feel like it's a bit of a waste that everyone is concentrated with a keyboard during the first weekend when you have the most mans present for socializing. So a balance is needed here.

Markku and adi are nicely calm and intelligent personalities, and of course premium spy victims, especially as they sat next to each other near the couches. For instance, sitting behind them to spy SkypeC04 live (with EOL chat on phone (wow space age Russian technology)) was pretty exciting, although neither managed to finish that monster of a lev.

Since veezay couldn't attend after all, we needed someone to bring decent speakers on short notice. So adi made his travel more difficult by hauling his speakers and turned out to be a good dj, playing mostly jazz and other chill music. The cabinlady theme song was from his collection. And I will probably always associate adi's EOL shirt with just the bestest grin he had every time he finished some kreisi/funny ride and looked around to check who witnessed it.

Carcassonne, besides being a great game, was a fun excuse to sit down and talk bullshit for a few hours. We had a funny meta-game and accusations (against nom mostly) pulled out of thin air. Sun was shining from completely clear sky throughout the game (and the whole meet, really). Anyway, we should probably play more board games.

Kortsu is always good chill company. It was fun being exhausted on the last night, spying Kortsu playing something and listening to Luth and vj's commentary on it.

Markku and Smibu were reliable and responsible as always, staying to do most of the end cleaning with nom on the last day. Special thanks to Markku for staying last to help me and keep company while I waited for my ride.

It's real hard to do FEM justice with a proper report, but... let's put it this way: spending 10 days with sach kind, intelligent, funny mans in that peaceful environment is far more valuable to me than the actual cost of attending.

So, mans who are reading this but haven't been to FEM yet, I'm assuming you already somewhat enjoy the atmosphere in EOL chat, #across, lauta or wherever. It's possible to find the same thing at FEM, with a little bit of work in getting used to the idea. So, of course I have a bit of an agenda in writing this post: I want to meet more of you next year. :)
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

I want to say thanks for you all, especially for nom to make FEMs happen and to keep them still going strong! Elma forever! Lousku: it's oke, sorry for the lack of empathy - never been my strength :|. Been playing much more after the meeting (and because of new keyboard). Got pretty good time in HALF2G for my skill level.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

aren't any more pics coming? :(
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Abula wrote:Lousku: it's oke, sorry for the lack of empathy - never been my strength :|.
I didn't notice sach at all. o,o Thanks for steak. :D
Lukazz wrote:aren't any more pics coming? :(
Markku has pics but he's been traveling and has to do some processing and organizing, so be patient. :)
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Very good text Lousku, but know this, during Carcassonne there were no accusations pulled out of thin air! Wtf?! But it was very very fun, and agree, more board games. Loved playing with nom!

Also, that is part of the fun with board games. If I come 2016 I will bring my favorite game.
Elasto Mania - ez better
Mrrrr
Kuski

Post by Mrrrr »

Ramone wrote:I will bring my favorite game.
...which iiiis? :D Catan? :roll:
RiP Mawane ((
RiP Devin ((
wtf mans?!
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

FEM2015 didn't happen! It's all fake. :cry:

ps
Marku post pics
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
Markku
38mins club

Post by Markku »

Pics are finally up! Some of them have captions on the top right corner (it's easy to miss them so I'm mentioning it here), and you can also add comments on the right side of each pic.
http://mm.1g.fi/kuvat/FEM2015/

A few more pictures may come later as other people send them to me. I'll post here if and when there are new pics for you to see.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

ram and luther such models.
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Very nice pics! GAA photoshop skills Markku :P
zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

Thanks for pictures, Markku! Nice to indulge again in FEM atmosphere :)
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

ahh, amazing people, amazing area to spend holiday, IM SO SO JEALOUS
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

Liked the battle video, where timer on projector :beer:
Team SPEED

Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

very nice collection of stuff) magic bottle, mysterious stroller, might be some spell cast upon that forest! find out more at FEM16!
ToMaT
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Thanks! Possible to get them in a zip?
Markku
38mins club

Post by Markku »

New pics by nick-o-matic and others are now available in the Misc folder:
http://mm.1g.fi/kuvat/FEM2015/Misc/
Abula wrote:Thanks! Possible to get them in a zip?
http://mm.1g.fi/kuvat/FEM2015/DownloadAll/
On the bottom of that page there is a download link for getting everything in one zip (all in one folder, since the site doesn't seem to be very subfolder-friendly when it comes to downloading). In any case, there's a similar link on the bottom of each daily subfolder if someone wants to download more selectively.
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

So we have been talking with customized dates with cabin lady during summer prime time too. At the moment the official situation is that you can only do reservations from Friday to Friday during the prime time summer (July and so on). It used to be from Saturday to Saturday which was completely retard, this Friday-Friday is manageable. Anyway, some Wednesday-Wednesday or Thursday-Thursday would be a lot better.

Nevertheless, cabin lady suggested Wednesday-Wednesday 27.7.-3.8. for us. It is still during the official prime time so if she gives this earlier date (not mid-late-August), which might be better for more ppl, it means that the cabin will be empty from Friday to first Wednesday and from last Wednesday to next Friday. So this offer is quite nice from her. Should we take it? And when should we decide? I don't know for how long this offer is valid. Is it better to decide now so that ppl could already mark FEM to their calendar and fix their holidays or should we wait that ppl know more about their next summer plans (in case ppl don't priorize FEM over other events)? Anyway I copied the old spreadsheet so ppl maybe could fill their dates to there. Rules:
  • Green = most likely it will be ok
  • Yellow = dunno if ok / I would prefer some other date
  • Red + some text = Most likely not ok
If you don't have any idea about your next summer activities and you are not going to priorize FEM over other events (which you don't know yet), please put everything yellow.

The sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

I didn't orka polish it yet but it works. Are there any major events during 27.7.-3.8. in Fin btw? And maybe should make a poll of "early reservation" vs. "late reservation (as in 2014, 2015)" poll to poll section?
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

I'd think it should be easier for many people to get holiday around july than late august at least, so there's a chance more would be able to come. At least that would be the case for me. On the other hand having it closer to prime summer vacation time, might mean people have other plans around there. In any case no matter when if things pan out, it will be top priority for me.
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

Quiz renaults?
NoobSty2-competition

kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

And did they recalculate the FF cup results?
Luther
37mins club
Team: ICE

Post by Luther »

Last edited by Luther on 15 Feb 2016, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.
Nekit for president
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Orcc wrote:Quiz renaults?
The work is in progress! I know it's ridicuously late already and this thing has been bugging me but I have simply had things with higher priority to do all the time. Anyway now the results actually really are soon ready.

I wasn't planning to do this before finishing the results and the answer sheet, but now that I think of it, it doesn't matter if I publish the quiz already to everyone. So here you go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ihtezafurty6r ... 5.pdf?dl=0!!! (I have made minor clarifyings and fixes to the FEM version).

Feel free to make this quiz yourself and after I have published the result sheet calculate your own unofficial score and see if you can beat hangover Orcc, prime Markku/adi or photographing BarTek and insaneguy! I will make some kind of scoreboard with both official (from FEM, graded by me) and inofficial (from others, self-graded) results!
kuchitsu wrote:And did they recalculate the FF cup results?
Those small problems with FFC5 results were fixed nearly right away.
Thank you!!! I am not completely sure if that offer is still valid though because it has been a long time since she offered those dates. But I will ask her. Also I need much more opinions if that date would be good and if it is good idea to decide the date this early.