Battle lev generator bot?

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

kuchitsu
Kuski

Battle lev generator bot?

Post by kuchitsu »

Would it be possible to make something like this? Let's say if there was no human-made battle during the last 10 minutes, then you can write "!new" and a bot will immediately generate something short and start a 10 min balle. Lev quality doesn't have to be high, the desperate "NEEEEEEEEEEEEW" screaming people will take anything. :) Pos/hard to do?
insane guy
Kuski

Re: Battle lev generator bot?

Post by insane guy »

It's an ok idea but I'm afraid of overuse and therefore max frustration for designers. There should be some sort of regulation e.g. only limited amount per kuski per day (1) and/or also time limits (like you suggested). If 10 mins no balle you can do the !levbot. Or maybe if like three people join and type !levbot there will be balle.

I remember some dark times in #battle when there was a new really shitty lev generator and it was pure hell all day long.

- just a designer who's afraid of losing his motivation to play elma...
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Yeah, it's a good idea. It was briefly discussed last year, starting from this post by niN.

I think it would be best if the bot waits for something like 30 minutes after battle, then asks in chat "Should I generate a balle?" and if (some condition of majority agreeing in chat), it adds a balle. Maybe it doesn't even need to ask first, just start voting or something when someone says a command.

Oh, right, there was already BBOT in belma, and jon suggested something similar:
jonsykkel wrote:i have a suggestion, ill make the bot wait 10 min after last balle, and if it still isnt anything on, it enables /balle and all that stuff
That tropic is worth a read. I think BBOT was taken down because of people spamming !calc or sach. Any shiny new bot in EOL will probably be abused (at first) just because it's there. But I'm sure it's pasibel to work around that, like with a longer waiting period before !balle (or whatever) is enabled.

The biggest issue, of course, is to make a variety of lev generating algorithms that are actually fun to play over and over. We already have quite many generators but few are consistently liked (ruh, zle... any others?).
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

Lousku wrote:The biggest issue, of course, is to make a variety of lev generating algorithms that are actually fun to play over and over. We already have quite many generators but few are consistently liked (ruh, zle... any others?).
Older versions of NEW! by totem had generator, I still use it, still require brain before starting it. He He / Points cloud / flat track
ribot made his TK Quantum generator too
Domi made a spiky/bumpy ff slalom generator (DomisLevGen.exe)

btw i need jon's lev generator, couldnt find using search
can anyone reupload it or link to topic
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Maybe challenge for someone bored... To make something a bit better than just random flat track etc. stuff, and make something that maybe uses some pre-designed smaller "components" so to speak, and has some restriction with where to put vertexes so there's always some space for kuski height, and maybe make sure all smaller parts has some way to fit with other parts so stuff could be randomized in some type of grid, levels could be made to some 1x15 parts or maybe 3x3 etc. Then when that stuff works oke, maybe have it be possible to randomize a little bit inside those parts, rotating/mirroring polygons and all kinds of jazz. okenpthx!
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

what would the battletime be?
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
BlaZtek
Kuski
Team: CMR

Post by BlaZtek »

NOOOOOOO, dont ever make such bot! Gad dame thats idiotic.
[13:22:24] (ImagebEAT) blaz super pro
[17:06:15] (ImageRamone) ok I suckj. blaz rules
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

BlaZtek wrote:NOOOOOOO, dont ever make such bot! Gad dame thats idiotic.
Why?
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?