terribly sad news

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Re: terribly sad news

Post by Bismuth »

Holy shit I met him and I was talking to him just a few weeks ago. I just saw the news on Facebook. I am shocked. Holy shit.

He's even online on Skype right now. I'm speechless.

By the way, devin, his name was Marck-Antoine Simoneau.

Edit: Shawinigan is about 200 km from where I live I might do the trip and go to the funeral, it's on Saturday the 18th
:mrhat:
Mrrrr
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Mrrrr »

I couldn't find news anywhere else. I searched even in the Quebec necrologue... the news etc.
RiP Mawane ((
RiP Devin ((
wtf mans?!
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

It was posted on his facebook page, too, but I can't find any article either. It might be too recent still.
Mrrrr
Kuski

Post by Mrrrr »

I'm on his facebook page but we weren't friends so I can't see it there. Anyway... :(
RiP Mawane ((
RiP Devin ((
wtf mans?!
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

http://i.imgur.com/IUfUW2F.png

Hello, we wanted to tell you that Marck-Antoine has passed away, the funeral will take place Saturday, July 18th, in Shawinigan.
Thank you,
Marck-Antoine's family
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

I went to the Replays and Times section and the latest post in the new tool-assisted times topic is by Mawane on July 8th. Fuck this really haunts me.
Mrrrr
Kuski

Post by Mrrrr »

Thanks. If you can be there, please pay our respects.
RiP Mawane ((
RiP Devin ((
wtf mans?!
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

I first met Mawane through belma i believe. He asked me to be on his team TR (TimeRiderz) and we were a team for sometime. He was easily the most dedicated, we would talk on aim (old messenger) or MSN (old messenger). He eventually kicked me off the team and I resented it (but well i deserved it). And we rekindled our friendship after some words spoken in EOL. He has always been very nice to me and we even talked about the three of us meeting at Devin's someday (still would like to meet the only other fellow American on here). Devin is not mincing his words by saying Elma meant the world to Mawane, looking at it all in retrospect I see that is very true.

I told him quite recently I wanted to finish all the Mawpis, I've done some 100 of them so far..... But this motivates me to keep going even though it will take me many years. I miss you very much Mawane. In my military family when a brother dies we drink a bottle of Jeremiah Weed for the fallen comrade. Sometimes you and I would drink together on EOL, well tonight I am going to do so in your honor buddy. I do not know what happens after death but I know the best possible scenario will come upon you.

Mawane will always live on in kuski's memories!

P.S. what a great picture Devin.
God Bless America
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

I will be present at his funeral next Saturday. I contacted his family and explained that I wanted to present a homage from the Elasto Mania community. I would appreciate if you could keep sharing your best memories of Mawane, I could translate them in French and present some of them as a mark of how beloved he was in this community.

I believe nobody in here was quite as universally liked as Mawane; I don't know anybody here who disliked him. For myself, I remember finding his teeth funny and ridiculing him a bit about that; however I felt remorse when I saw just how nice of a guy he was and that he did not deserve that, and from then I only had respect for him.
Raven
Moporator
Team: MiE

Post by Raven »

Bismuth contacted me with these sad news.

Mawane was a truly nice person, to me, to anyone. He was around alot and I remember how social he was with our community.
First thing which comes to my mind is that rapsong which lyrics were wrote by me and roope. He posted that rap to youtube and gave a smile/laughs for everybody. He was one of a kind, in a good way.

Nobody shouldn't leave this planet that way nor that young. It's sad, very sad.

Rest in peace, Mawane. Always on our minds.

-Rav
Seize the day
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

havent spoken with t0ny on facebook sicne august 2014, but the last message he has sent me was this video recorded at ?devins place?, well i was about to text tony yesterday and noticed that, positive memory of Maw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAXwiZAkGpY
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that
HatCat
Kuski

Post by HatCat »

lol at his ice-bucket challenge!

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qqmp2REKoE
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

playing elma just makes me sad at the moment.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

That was probably the only disagreement i had with mawa, not accepting his bucket challenge. I told him i had a flu and there was a great storm outside, prolly the worst in several years at Uruguay. But he still wanted me to do it.

If there is a way i can contribute, with any expenses maybe? Bismuth? Devin? Like nom said, maybe through a paypal account. Let me know please.
My Youtube Channel Level Stats Maker Battle Notifier!

Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
devin
Kuski

Post by devin »

Hello all, I never expected this kind of feedback from the community, It shows how much he actually meant to this community. I want his family to know how deep his roots actually were with us here in elma. I created a "GoFundMe" page to support the trip to his funeral. If you feel like donating any small amount its all good, if not that's fine too. I want to prepare some kind of speech to be given at his funeral that will be administered from my girlfriend who marck loved and admired more than me even (lol) I didn't want to accept money or ask anyone for money but she is set on going and I want to ensure she has a safe trip because personally I don't have enough money to actually make it happen. The link and story can be read here https://funds.gofundme.com/dashboard/z58tg7q I will be taking everyone's contributions to this thread, printing out copies of your entries to share with his family. This way everyone's condolences won't be going to waste. Also any further ideas would be appreciated, I've never had to do anything like this before.

Edit, I guess you can't use paypal in the go fund me, but you can register quickly and use credit/debit card transactions. But I opened my paypal account for those who cannot do that: allvintage87@gmail.com is my paypal email address. Thank you guys
-brag
Mrrrr
Kuski

Post by Mrrrr »

I must say I've come to know Mawane better through this topic. Unfortunately it's late, he's not with us anymore. But still, his videos and the way friends talk about him tells me he was a really amazing person!

He will surely be missed!
RiP Mawane ((
RiP Devin ((
wtf mans?!
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

No... Just, no... today I realised that I lost a friend. It feels terrible that he's gone. I wish I'd supported his style a little bit more because he had such a drive in him. The scene is weaker without you and I personally feel so sad for this... I hope that I will get another chance to know you in the next stage of life :'(
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
devin
Kuski

Post by devin »

Sorry Bisth, I missed your post there. It makes sense you go and be the one to pay homage as you speak French, Candace still has her heart set on going as Marck was dear to her and she wants to show up on my behalf. I wish I was as close as you were. I still need peoples help if the trip is to work out. And I do thank the people that have given, it will not be squandered.
Last edited by devin on 12 Jul 2015, 02:30, edited 1 time in total.
-brag
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

Pab wrote:If there is a way i can contribute, with any expenses maybe? Bismuth? Devin? Like nom said, maybe through a paypal account. Let me know please.
I won't need any contribution, thanks for suggesting. It's just gonna be about $40 in gas and I can manage that no problem.
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Devin's gofundme link didn't work, here teh:

http://www.gofundme.com/z58tg7q

Do you definitely need the full $500? I (and others) are more than willing to help of course, but some sort of minimum would be good to know as well. What's the least amount of money you need to make the trip? I'm not saying I wouldn't be willing to give extra for fancier flowers or whatever is deemed nice, but some estimated minimum would be good.

Gofundme gave me "Invalid credit card details".

You could place a shiny red apple and maybe a daisy among the beisik roses. :) I'm sure his family would know what it's about.

And yeah, bring a collection of messages from our community. It would be nice for his family and friends to know that there's this "hidden" community they might not be aware of that cares about him. Dozens of people have expressed their feelings not only here on lauta but EOL chat, multiple IRC channels, Skype... It can be a very positive surprise that he had many friends here.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Mrrrr
Kuski

Post by Mrrrr »

Gofundme link didn't work for me either so I used paypal.
RiP Mawane ((
RiP Devin ((
wtf mans?!
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

Very devastating news. I haven't spoken to him very much, but I would make a Lev or 2 for him and few times we drunk some alco on EOL. He was definitely core Elma community member. He was very good person. :cry:
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
devin
Kuski

Post by devin »

I don't fully understand the Go Fund Me page, I just seen others use it in the past so I tried the. As far as a minimum goes is hard to say, I figured out so far 180 USD aprx for gas and 2-3 nights hotel room would be 150-200. Flowers and stuff I do not know on that yet. But my dad is gonna give me $50.00 to go towards it, I have maybe $100 max I am able to give. I don't need hit goal, it was just a number anything will help. just 5 dollars from ppl makes a difference. I like the apple idea, as for the flower idea, do you think a bouquet of elma flowers appropriate? What are they called daisies?
-brag
HatCat
Kuski

Post by HatCat »

Pab wrote:That was probably the only disagreement i had with mawa, not accepting his bucket challenge. I told him i had a flu and there was a great storm outside, prolly the worst in several years at Uruguay. But he still wanted me to do it.

If there is a way i can contribute
Do the bucket challenge :p
k0xx
39mins club

Post by k0xx »

what the fuck. can not believe it. the nicest guy in the world? rest in peace mawanka. bottle of jack daniels is going down tonight just for you <3
elma
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

I have no words to properly describe how I feel about this. Mawane was a gem for this community and a truly kind-hearted individual; he will be sorely missed.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Luther
37mins club
Team: ICE

Post by Luther »

So sad, I can't believe it. I have no words for this.
Nekit for president
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

devin wrote:I like the apple idea, as for the flower idea, do you think a bouquet of elma flowers appropriate? What are they called daisies?
I was thinking of a bouquet of daisies as well.

I still keep thinking he's gonna be back and it was all a bad dream. I can't imagine what it was like for his family to see him go to work and learn that he would never come back.
umiz
Kuski

Post by umiz »

I'm really sorry to hear this. We talked some in eol-chat, not often but when we did we talked about designing and he was for sure one of the best level-designers in elma history with a big variety of level styles. Mawane was a great person, I always liked his ambitious levels and his kindness. RIP
[i cruise, i lev, i live]
Jake
Kuski

Post by Jake »

Dame, he had such nice levels o,o

Also Jeppe has been missing since late april. There is a picture of him from may. I hope he doesnt share the same fate.
<MACHINE[]> Zrex is graded ULTIMATE-NOLIFER |8==o~~|
700 battle wins Club - Proud member of TLR - Proud member of #coffee

Reached 10M points in ranks and decided to quit so
Zrex is now known as Jake.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

This is horribly sad news to read about... Only about a week ago I talked with him in EOL and played his battles. Even though I didn't personally know him that well I could tell that he was a really good guy and how dedicated he was to Elma. One thing I recall is his highly detailed and thought-through suggestions for the GAA, which show some of that dedication. What immediately comes to mind when i think about Mawane though, are his mawpi levels and their unique style.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

Without a doubt this was one of the kindest and most sincere, helpful and dedicated guys around.
My sincerest condolences to the family and friends.
Truly an awful loss, the scene just won't be the same again. RIP.
39:37,91
sunl
Kuski

Post by sunl »

Really sad news...

As someone who has always been more on the outside of the community I can also attest to his kindness and friendliness to me, especially during late night hours when sometimes it was only the two of us active online (since we both leave on the east coast of Canada) we used to have some very nice and fun conversations many years back.

Rest in peace
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

I am terribly sorry to hear this sad news, Mawa was the most kind person in elma community I have known, helpful and selfless. Accept my deepest condolences. :cry:
Rust
Kuski

Post by Rust »

My condolences to the family and friends.
Terrible to hear such a sad news...
RIP
TT: 45:01,xx Team EPC
1 - World Class . 3 - Professional . 18 - Good . 32 - Ok
My program for elma teams . Wood Kuski . Wood Kuski 2 . HER Cup Trophy
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

To see Mawanes name as the latest poster in New Versions completely breaks my heart... Devin please keep us posted as you hear more of what happened to him.
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

rip Mawane.
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

Every gaming community needs a Mawane. We lost ours, and Elma will never be the same again. This is truly the darkest moment in Elma history.
I made a poem, off the cuff.

Much love.
Awesome attitude.
Welcoming others.
Always excited.
Never mean.
Everyone's friend.

RIP Mawane.

:cry:
Polarix
Kuski
Team: TR

Post by Polarix »

What!? Uhm...

Damn.

Hope you had a good time Mawane.
sunl
Kuski

Post by sunl »

Death Notice:
http://www.oscarstours.ca/avis-de-deces ... eau#defunt

"At Thetford Mines, Canada, 9 July 2015, he died at the age of 25 years old. Mr Marck-Antoine Simoneau, son of Érick Simoneau and of Sophie Després, lived at Thetford Mines.

The family will welcome friends at the Salon St-Ours funeral home in Shawinigan, Saturday July 18 as of 12:00.

A Liturgy of the Word (prayer) will occur Saturday at 15:00 at the funeral home.

The burial of the ashes will take place sometime in the future.

Left behind in mourning are are his parents, his sister, his grandparents, his uncles and aunts, his cousins and his friends."
Last edited by sunl on 14 Jul 2015, 19:56, edited 5 times in total.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Wow... I guess it really didn't sink in until I saw this... Damn.. He really is gone..

So very sad to read this.. I'm thinking about leaving a message on the page, but maybe that's better left for Bismuth or someone who's attending the funeral to bring.. I'm not sure. All I know is mawane left this earth way too young, and far too many mawpies too early...
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

If you'd like to leave a message, please send it to me via lauta PM or in this thread and I will translate it and deliver it to the family on Saturday.
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

Oh no, not the news I expected after logging in after a long while. Mawanes level contributions to EOL were something I thoroughly enjoyed. Rest in peace.
devin
Kuski

Post by devin »

Hello again, I still have no more news about the causes of this but I would like to thank the many people who donated towards the cause. All together you guys have raised $161 in paypal donations and $115 at the go fund me page, totaling 276 and I have given her $130. So we have just over 400 to make this possible. Its amazing what a group of people can accomplish when they come together. Gas will be $150 and the cheapest lodging I can find was 140 for two nights stay so that leaves a little room for flowers, food, etc.

She will be departing tomorrow morning. Google says its 10 hours from here. She will be making the trip in a car I just got yesterday, so I dont know anything about the reliability of the vehicle and it kills me I cannot leave the country. So please wish her safe travels as she has frequented this topic from troll position ;)

Many thanks again guys.
-brag
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Heard the news from Bismuth yesterday, I'm still having a hard time processing the information. Damn.

I never was the most social person on belma. I often kept to myself when I played battles but Mawane would always greet me, start a conversation, whether it'd be about elma, girls, chemistry or anything he had on his mind. He would welcome any new guy in the scene and show him around instinctively. He was indiscriminating in his kindness, devoid of any malice, filled with love and geekery.

He gave so much!

I know he wouldn't want us to be overwhelmed with sadness but I can't help it. It breaks my heart to think his life has come to such an abrupt end.
My respects to his family and friends.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

This is unbelieveably sad. I just came home from vacation and see this. Can't describe what a great guy we lost. Marck was the first guy I ever talked to in the scene. We used too talk a lot back in the day when we started hoyling as a team. He motivated me much into hoyling just a little more. Many people was hard on him the first years when he got so many times overexited with things. His dedication resulted into countless good levs and much other stuff.

You'll be missed a lot Mawa, one of the greatest guys in elma.
Mawane wrote:I think elma is really addictive because it's so much hoylable. If you miss a try, doesn't matter because it takes you only 30s to do it again. But the main reason why I got addicted was because of infinite posibilities of levels. Always a level to match with your skills. More, there is a fabulous world around elma, so much stuff to see and exchange with other fans.
TT:39.59.86|| AvgTT:41.49.24 || Multi TT:27:43:82 || Team [TR]
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Just found out about this and it hurts so much. My condolences to his friends and family.
DaFred
39mins club

Post by DaFred »

I'm really shocked, you were always a really nice guy and willing to entertain and unite the many kuskis and communities around elma. Seeing you online always gave me a "good old times" feeling.
I will always miss the times at elmasite. I was searching at archive.org for memories and just the first date I clicked showed an aprils fool you shared once.
https://web.archive.org/web/20080714074 ... asite.com/
Thanks!
zaraptor
39mins club

Post by zaraptor »

RIP Mawa.

All who have played EOL late time(zones) will miss him.