World Cup 7 format

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Ramone
50mins club

Re: World Cup 7 format

Post by Ramone »

Labs, you can type, so I assume you can read. Its stated clearly from me and others that a possible uphill in wc would not be like battlehill, nekhill, zehill etc. Would not be untested spammed hill.

Ofc, you are still free to think a well designed (designed for wc) hill would be bad. But then state that. Dont attack me by saying eol battle hill would suck, cause I never said thsts what I wanted.
Elasto Mania - ez better
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

I did not tell that to you.

It was to bene who was the one wanted eol battle as wcup event.
Team SPEED

roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

I personally would lean on everything being quite traditional. EOL battles would simply be too punishing, both because it's only 60 minutes (at most) while other events last for a week and it would be so impsy for many mans to participate. Over 1 week event(s) would simply make the cup last too long IMO; if there were 15 one week events starting from ~halfway of February, the cup would end in June. Would love some more opinions about the amount of events, it's still not totally set in stone.

I would love at least one "special" lev though; for example, like it's previously been discussed, all uphills don't have to be impsyshit nekhills! They can be very nice stylefindish, even cruisish levels at best.

But still, what's most important, just send whatever levs, we'll pick the best! wc7levels@gmail.com
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

Labs wrote: It was to bene who was the one wanted eol battle as wcup event.
No. I even say that it would be bad to have an eol battle as a wcup event. Please practice your reading skills.
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Labs wrote:
Ramone wrote:Hill in wc could be quite amazing! Cause hills almost always FFs. So many styles/tricks to find to cut time. 1 week hc hoyl could be sick af!
Ye make an uphill for nekit and a spin level for zero also a zweqspin for zweq!

Already sawn this argument twice. I guess time to say I'm not even playing the cup. I'm just still butthurt from the previous one having 2 pipes :blushes:
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

bene wrote:I would really like a battle event or ff event or something modern. World cup should adapt some to modern things and mix it up because world cup should test all skills not just traditional cup 1 week höyl.
No. Bene doesnt want a battle event...
Team SPEED

bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

bene wrote: Battle events are ultra bad for many reasons. I just threw the idea out there because it works with the general thoughts behind my post of modernizing.
bene wrote: IF battle events are added they would probably need to run separately with their own rules
bene wrote: a single battle event does not need to replace a 1 week event. Like have a few battles instead of one event
bene wrote: It maybe does not have to be as a battle in eol limited to 60 minutes
I think a battle event with separate rules could work and be nice and modern. Like a few levels that run for a few days each and total results up.
Out of all modern ideas I saw here I still think climb level is the best one.
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Maybe this will not be a popular opinion, but imo wcup should be a bit fewer events.. It always feels like interest drops off more and more anyway, and my guess is a big part of this is because after ~4 events (which alone is still 1 month of hoyling!) people realize they won't be able to keep it up for two-three months more. Imo ~10-12 amazing, creative, action-packed events would be funnier and would probably make for a more competitive cup. After all, 15 events is close to 4 months of constant elma. Only a select few can keep that kind of motivation and willpower (and all the power too them!), but it kinda makes for a watered-out cup in the end, where sometimes the end result is decided 2-3 events before the final level..
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

i think 15 is too much also
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

This is a tough one. Historically its been 15-20. But both are quite long. Maybe 12 would be better, or even 10?

Id be interested to hear ppls opinions.
Elasto Mania - ez better
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

I think many ppl think WC is too heavy. Maybe fewer events would result in more ppl wanna play? Also after wc almost all feel they dont want wc for a Looong time. Maybe would be good with fewer?
Elasto Mania - ez better
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

+1 on less levels.
God Bless America
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

10 seems good
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

I think 10 is too little if there are for example two skips. So maybe like 12 events with two skips sounds reasonable.
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

An option is also 15 but with couple shorter ones, so it won't last longer than 12 weeks.
adi
36mins club

Post by adi »

Maybe 12 events with 1 skip or 15 events with 2 skips
Team MiE
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

12 events with 1 skip sounds reasonable.
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

im probably the last person to give a proper opinion on that but some (not necesarilly all under 7 days) shorter events and not necesarily 15 (10, 12?) events would be good. 2months is much already.

about the levs: hoping to see something hard. some hoyla and multiroutes ofc also. but some lev that makes your poop lick your pants. with extrapart for those who already pooped and want ez
i dont know shit about playing anything for 10+ minutes, just expressing my wothless onion
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

In my brain the "challenge" lev would be max 2 mins long to finish and easy to finish for any skill level, but still contain tricks for pros. So that it would be all around improvement to previous wcups "challenge" levs. Think Wcup606 but a bit more variety.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

I forgot the most important thing. I hope there won't be many levels with "world cup 7" texts in them. Imo most of the time these just look goofy and damage the aesthetics.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

kuchitsu wrote:I forgot the most important thing. I hope there won't be many levels with "world cup 7" texts in them. Imo most of the time these just look goofy and damage the aesthetics.
I don't get this at all, I think a true WCup lev should have "World Cup" written somewhere :)
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

SveinR wrote:
kuchitsu wrote:I forgot the most important thing. I hope there won't be many levels with "world cup 7" texts in them. Imo most of the time these just look goofy and damage the aesthetics.
I don't get this at all, I think a true WCup lev should have "World Cup" written somewhere :)
In many levels its fkn awesome. Doesnt always fit. But if it fits it can be in all events!

Its fkn wc!
Elasto Mania - ez better
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Look at 606 - epic!
Elasto Mania - ez better
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

I'll also chip in a vote for less events. Personally I will probably mostly just finish the levs once so it doesn't matter for me, but in previous world cup it seemed to me that the last events were less played than earlier ones. It could be due to standings, but more so I think that kuskis were getting exhausted. So 10 events would do the trick nicely and be enough to find out the true master.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Or you could have most of the events, then a long pause, then the rest.
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

15 events imo, 5 shorter ones maybe but definitely more than 10 less than 20.
about an upik in WC I think you guys've got it all wrong, upiks are about random shit and tricks will be pos or impsy osv. would hate seeing some mega tested upik in WC, few testrides max preferably untested (just eyed with accuracy by someone)
ToMaT
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

last wcup had 8 events with winner time over 1min (ok 7 but one was 59.70) and only one under 30 secs and all mid-length levels were multistyle. imo should fit more hoylas into 15 event cup
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

ye i agre more short stuf
ToMaT
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

sory not enough space. alredy planed 5 pipes and 13 lab pros