Elma Calendar

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Elma Calendar

Post by pawq »

I've been thinking lately about how easy it is to miss events in the Elma world. Whether it's cups, Elma Grand Prix, special battles or 1/3/24h TT, you have to visit every single thread in lauta to be able to follow everything and find time to participate. Think about how many times you realized too late that something was happening, or missed GAA because of a wrong time zone.

Wouldn't it be amazing to have a single, coherent Elma Calendar, that would contain the dates and times of all the Elma-related events? To be able to synchronize with a diary that would notify you of every thing that you wouldn't want to miss (or just those types chosen by you)?

It could be easily accessible and editable for everyone in a platform like Google Calendar. Just imagine being able to add an event for your ff and suddenly having 50 people playing it ;)

I'd love to hear what you think, and if you like the idea I'm more than keen to kick it off :) As for the platform to use, I think Google Calendar is most suitable as almost everyone has an account anyway and collaboration is easy. Google sheets was used for FEM organization etc. Butt of course if anyone has a better alternative in mind, please share!
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Re: Elma Calendar

Post by roope »

Of course this is a great idea; the problem is getting people to use it, as with most stuff. Would ofc be great for even the few that would use it.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

Definitely a good idea and Google Calendar probably very suitable option. I would use for sure.
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

yep +1 for gogel calendar, already using for few things i need, and there is nice way to subscribe to other mans public calendars there so ez to use on any android gaks at least
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
analcactus
Kuski

Post by analcactus »

if theres designer pls make elma calendar for 2016 and 2017 years so that it could be printed on relatively high format and put on wall
tanks
i missed the point of thread completely i know

just for me subscribing for elma-related google cal is no point
love
Image Image
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Yes. I won't stop shamelessly advertising the EGP's everywhere, but yes!
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.