Golden Apple Awards 2016 - FINAL SHOW ON SUNDAY 19TH

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

insane guy
Kuski

Re: Golden Apple Awards 2016 - FINAL SHOW ON SUNDAY 19TH

Post by insane guy »

Missed the show, gz to all! Thanks for organizing, are there prices (trophies) this year? Can we see pics of winners with trophies in case?
thx to Sla for posting logs, well deserved winners in the categories I know about.
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

A big thanks to the arrangers of this show and to the community for thinking WBCII deserved a GAA. I want to give a shoutout to umiz since he was the other organizer of this cup. He helped me pick the levels and covered for me during some events I could not start. Also insane_guy helped out with that. This cup was hosted by HotHorses really. Also a thanks to the designers who deserve a piece of this GAA. I'd like to direct a subtle apology to kuchitsu for using his event in a way that made it seem less worthy. The truth is I thought it was such a good level that I really wanted it in the cup, but there were already many long events so I didn't want to put it as a normal event. Also, my ambitions were higher with the bonus event and I hoped for more players and a bigger stage for that event; which didn't happen.

I was very surprised to be given this award! It warms my heart. I've been very inactive lately. nindex.se will always be up and I will host a few more projects there in the future. Trek tracks competition 2 is the next. The levels are more or less done for that but don't hold your breath! For now, go beat some records at nindex :)

Very cool that Wcup is being hosted now! I won't be able to play but it looks so proffessional! The website is amazing, the special event and overall management is outstanding. Good job, very original and ambitious!
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

is there any chance we will be given final top5s preferably with points for each?
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

I asked right after the show and back then the answer was "no".
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

One of the reasons i dont vote anymore.
Team SPEED

pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Why tho? Seems really silly. Like not showing the times at the end of a skiing competition. You won, rest gtfo. Organisers, why nat?
Markku
38mins club

Post by Markku »

http://wiki.elmaonline.net/Golden_Apple_Awards_2016

Added the 2016 winners and their speeches to the wiki (better late than even later). Since every category had at least 30 voters on the third step (I don't have the voting results so I don't know how many exactly), all winners were decided solely based on those community votes, and the jury voted as part of the community. Hopefully the trend continues in the upcoming GAA!
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

I would like to kindly ask why the detailed results have not been published. This is highly disrespectful towards all the nominees and people involved. All of us deserve justice and if the results are not shown, people have to at least know the reason why they are hidden.
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Outdated now imo, I'd just forget about it. Iirc the jury decided not to publish back then. Last year we decided to publish top5s, and it's likely to stay that way for this year, so yeah.
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

With all respect, pawq, for you maybe outdated, for me still quite fresh (2y) and very important. At least the reason why it was hidden from the public. It's part of our history and let it be explained. Maybe there were a lot of draws, like in 2017 internalists and the top5-ers would like to know what was going on.
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

IIRC it they were hidden because they had always been hidden before
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

IIRC one of the arguments in various discussions was that some people could feel bad for losing by 1p and some could feel bad for getting very few votes (which is why we decided to release only top5s last year, and not full top10s).
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

aforementioned issues are absolutely significant.

adi, roope, Sla, Ruben and Markku - if any of you promised not to share the top5 points. please do. you'd break the promise but the whole generation of caring community will be much more thankful than alarmed! love you no matter what happens, share the love through our community and people that surround you, theres nothing else left to do in this joke-ish existence <3
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that