FEM 2017: Thursday 20.7. or Friday 21.7. - Friday 28.7.

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Re: FEM 2017: Thursday 20.7. or Friday 21.7. - Friday 28.7.

Post by Abula »

Zweq wrote:guess i hav to take car again and bring own patja, because many foreign mans. I can take floorspot from aitta then again, it worked well enough last year. But I definitely need to purchase a laptop, and bring just monitor and keyboard with it, dont want to stress pc breaking on bumpy road places yet again. Also i gota get own net conection, last year was too ghetto for my taste
Disassembly the relevant parts?
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

following the screen fashion
<3
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Yeah jbl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See you soon! =DDD
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

I bet jbl coming to FEM because I made him lose a battle yesterday.
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

<3
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

yeah pawq, will be nice having an assistant in "polishing" the FEM!
bene wrote:I bet jbl coming to FEM because I made him lose a battle yesterday.
gotta pay the bill, i might accidentally hug you too strong :*

i'm really happy to come again, realised how much just now when i booked the flight! will be really cool to see all those elmafaces again, and some new heads also ofc.
stay strong all, and remember to keep your beer battle skills grownig, as i ain't no less gutsy than last year

with kindest regards to you, pukeblaze.
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Good jbl :)))))
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Ismo
39mins club

Post by Ismo »

Non-elma activity tip:

What
European Open 2017
European Open makes its second appearance on the Disc Golf World Tour during the 2017 season as a PDGA Major tournament.

European Open is a leading professional disc golf event in Europe. Competitors from all over the world gather to Nokia to conquer the famous course called The Beast, and to win the European Open title.
When
20.-23.7.

Where
Nokia, 30 mins caring from FEM cottage.
[00:21:58] (@cyre) ismo taas juonu liikaa omenamehuu
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Hi, I think I have high chances of being there ~21-25. The only problem is I have to work on Friday, which means I would get to Helsinki by plane late on the 21st. Will anyone else be around ~21:00-22:00 and is up to carpool?

Another alternative for me would be to get to Helsinki early 22nd (sat) if anyone else is getting there at that time?

If not I'll probably rent a car and try to find the way on my own, but would be fun to carpool other with elmans if pasibel!

Also is there any equipment needed?
I can bring many a TP/RJ45 cable from work, different lenghts (im guessing mostly needed is 3/5m, but can also bring 7-25m).
Can also bring 8-, 24- or 48-port 100Mbit switch (24p & 48p have 1Gb uplink through SFP+ (fiber/DAC), but i doubt it's needed?).
Also have power cables of different lengths and whatnot.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Awesome Igge!!! Really looking forward to meeting you =)
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

80 % chance I'll be driving Helsinki-FEM-Helsinki in the first weekend. Depends on the car inspection results (again).
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Btw. when you meet Tisk, remember this: http://www.moposite.com/downloads/wcups ... ndings.txt
veezay
Kuski
Team: rotaplask

Post by veezay »

since it looks like the original post with all teh chances etc. is quite rarely updated, i'll just update my current situation here that instead of super 100% confirmed, i'm one of the high chances guy (i didn't get my summer vacaycay during FEM approved after all, but i might have so little work hours during the end of july that i might be able to switch them up so i can attend all of it anyway).

also, Antti, who some of you may know from last year, would be my ride there and back, which means Antti would also be attending alongside. enjoy.
Prestigious member of 6.58 Tutor01 club
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club

<ville_j> in addition to ""njoygin"""" footblay i ma """"""""enojying"" rap usic
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Abula wrote:80 % chance I'll be driving Helsinki-FEM-Helsinki in the first weekend. Depends on the car inspection results (again).
Do you know if you'll drive Friday or Saturday?
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

veezay wrote:since it looks like the original post with all teh chances etc. is quite rarely updated, i'll just update my current situation here that instead of super 100% confirmed, i'm one of the high chances guy (i didn't get my summer vacaycay during FEM approved after all, but i might have so little work hours during the end of july that i might be able to switch them up so i can attend all of it anyway).

also, Antti, who some of you may know from last year, would be my ride there and back, which means Antti would also be attending alongside. enjoy.
Ok, time for an update. Actually it has been time for it every night for I don't know how long but I've been busy. But that's an excuse - surely it would have been possible to find some time. So sorry!

The cabin has now been officially rented and the final price turned out to be the same as last year - 980€ including the end cleaning - despite having better dates, more people and the extra sauna and extra sauna cabin for one day before the official renting begins. This is because Cabin Lady was happy how well things went again, for instance how we kept electricity and water bills below her expectations (according to her one 10-man group used 20 cubic meters of water). However there is some things to be improved. Namely, she has found some cookie or bread crumbs from some beds and she would like us to take all the blankets and pillows out to the fresh air once we leave instead of making the beds. These two things have been an issue previous years too, but I guess I have not stressed these enough. So I have now updated these to the opening post. Let's try to be extra nice after how nice she has been to us! ^^
Igge wrote:Hi, I think I have high chances of being there ~21-25. The only problem is I have to work on Friday, which means I would get to Helsinki by plane late on the 21st. Will anyone else be around ~21:00-22:00 and is up to carpool?

Another alternative for me would be to get to Helsinki early 22nd (sat) if anyone else is getting there at that time?

If not I'll probably rent a car and try to find the way on my own, but would be fun to carpool other with elmans if pasibel!

Also is there any equipment needed?
I can bring many a TP/RJ45 cable from work, different lenghts (im guessing mostly needed is 3/5m, but can also bring 7-25m).
Can also bring 8-, 24- or 48-port 100Mbit switch (24p & 48p have 1Gb uplink through SFP+ (fiber/DAC), but i doubt it's needed?).
Also have power cables of different lengths and whatnot.
Welcome if you make it!

If you don't have own desktop computer to bring, travelling with bus/train is easy and not expensive. You can talk at least to insane guy, Mats and Polarix about doing that from Helsinki and to jblaze about doing that from Turku. Also I will try to update travelling infos soon from the opening post.

A switch might be handy for distributing the internet from the modem to more non-wifi PCs actually! And some cords ofc too, but most likely not many needed.

Also mega welcome for insane guy, Ruben, Pawq, and jblaze too! And, what is quite awesome, Nekit is now pretty much confirmed! I had to send an invitation letter (http://imgur.com/6nDm8cx) as well as a copy of my passport to Rus officials that he could get a visa because you don't just simply leave Russia. =D
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

And, what is quite awesome, Nekit is now pretty much confirmed! I had to send an invitation letter (http://imgur.com/6nDm8cx) as well as a copy of my passport to Rus officials that he could get a visa because you don't just simply leave Russia. =D
are u for realz? wow.
my chances are still low to mid. I will probably not have time, but we'll see.
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Hello everybody going to fem!

I dont know how I will go there yet. I kinda want to drive and get ferry. but dont wanna drive alone. Luther will tag along I guess but would be gtreat to get a 3rd person. any danish guys wanna tag along? cph train goes straight to fbg where I live. So if you bring pc I can help unload if someone helps you load :P

I kinda wanna bring pc and my plan is get a new before fem. SOOO! Who wanna go?

I have a small piece of shit car (still best car) so cant fit 3 ppl with pcs but my amazing dad said I can borrow his SAAB combi. Which worked great for 3 ppl with 3 pcs and all other shit last time.

LUTHER? you dont answer when I call and I have no money to pay for ferry alone in advance.

Other swe/dan dudes! PM me! or write here, PM better or else might miss :P

Looking forward to drink tea with Nekit! :D
Elasto Mania - ez better
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

is there a spreadsheet for this year where we can announce contests and activities etc? cant find it here...
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Who will make levels for 90/120 hoyla tt competition. I can do it but would be fun to play someone elses levs. I make there then, so ppl know untested so I can play fair :)
Elasto Mania - ez better
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

insane guy wrote:is there a spreadsheet for this year where we can announce contests and activities etc? cant find it here...
Unfortunately not yet at least. But the main program is pretty much established already and the spreadsheet wasn't used really much last year any more. Actually in my opinion this topic should be enough to discuss the program.

On Saturday there is beer battle and FEMquiz. I hope we can also arrange new FF-cup on Sunday. On top of that there are these miscellaneous events and activities and the problem is more in getting someone to arrange something than in finding time for it. So, volunteers for something? :) It would be nice to have someone to collect some miscellaneous levels by various people and then construct some battle cup or something out of those.
Ramone wrote:Who will make levels for 90/120 hoyla tt competition. I can do it but would be fun to play someone elses levs. I make there then, so ppl know untested so I can play fair :)
This should be nice =)
Last edited by nick-o-matic on 24 May 2017, 16:34, edited 1 time in total.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Hey nom, I've been "working" on an awesome idea for a fem competition! Don't want to spill the beans here so I'll pm you on discord, just wanted to say publicly that I'm up for organizing something =)
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

I will make a TT balle (maybe 90 min, following Ramones suggestion) possibly on friday or sunday.
Monday or Tuesday I would like to make pizza for everyone. jblaze is already regretting that he said he'll help :) so more helping hands are welcome!

edit: Also, I will find whoever sacked the chain lev from last year and steal from their computer so we can finally play it, wtf!
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

I'm gonna start a 60min FF on some silent day

I don't say this because I care about mans ;) but because I'm annoyed of having a huge lev 33% done (that I already spent 5hours making few years ago) and this feels like a good way to get it completed.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Ins! short levels. u 10 secs! ty :D

10 levels tt battle is easily best battle. for you who dont know how it works. you dont tell individual times during battle. only your tt!

we have also done 5 levels and abit longer, like up to 15 sec levels. but still 90 or 120 mins ofc.
Elasto Mania - ez better
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

often I just make one lev and then move start/end/(apples) see Fanxx.lev in EOL
Elasto Mania - ez better
zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

I can also make some TT battles for you :)
I'm not yet sure when I will come there but probably I will be there on the later days, not in the weekend.
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
Harald Hasch
Kuski

Post by Harald Hasch »

HOwdy elastic folks!

I'm happy to say, after the last 2 years of me wanting to get my ass there, I'm 98% sure of coming this year, for the full week. Bringing a camera, cause im gonna film but definitely no Pc, cause i dont have one anyway.

See you there!

Im fucking stoked!
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Ramone wrote:Hello everybody going to fem!

I dont know how I will go there yet. I kinda want to drive and get ferry. but dont wanna drive alone. Luther will tag along I guess but would be gtreat to get a 3rd person. any danish guys wanna tag along? cph train goes straight to fbg where I live. So if you bring pc I can help unload if someone helps you load :P

I kinda wanna bring pc and my plan is get a new before fem. SOOO! Who wanna go?

I have a small piece of shit car (still best car) so cant fit 3 ppl with pcs but my amazing dad said I can borrow his SAAB combi. Which worked great for 3 ppl with 3 pcs and all other shit last time.

LUTHER? you dont answer when I call and I have no money to pay for ferry alone in advance.

Other swe/dan dudes! PM me! or write here, PM better or else might miss :P

Looking forward to drink tea with Nekit! :D

No one wanna arrange coop trip??
Elasto Mania - ez better
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

fucking nice
39:37,91
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

Hey guys I'm bene if anyone is going via tampere on friday mans I would very much enjoy to get picked up at airport to vrom from tampere to fem. If no one wants bene markku will have to leave fem to do extra trip to bene because markku is thursday man.
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
Markku
38mins club

Post by Markku »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Here's a spreadsheet for this year's carpooling info, equipment arrangements, event planning etc. Please fill in your attendance dates and details about your travel plans, like if you need a ride from somewhere or if you have space in your car for other mans. I prefilled some flight arrival/departure times for those who mentioned them in this topic, but edit them and add more details as needed.
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Harald Hasch wrote:HOwdy elastic folks!

I'm happy to say, after the last 2 years of me wanting to get my ass there, I'm 98% sure of coming this year, for the full week. Bringing a camera, cause im gonna film but definitely no Pc, cause i dont have one anyway.

See you there!

Im fucking stoked!
Pretty sick nice surprise :D Welcome, and #STOKE
Markku wrote:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Here's a spreadsheet for this year's carpooling info, equipment arrangements, event planning etc. Please fill in your attendance dates and details about your travel plans, like if you need a ride from somewhere or if you have space in your car for other mans. I prefilled some flight arrival/departure times for those who mentioned them in this topic, but edit them and add more details as needed.
Thank you really much!

As for competitions and events, seems that there has been quite nice activity in arranging those, which is great as well! But someone make some FF-cup levels please. :D
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

im very sad and disappointed to say that, but i cant make it this year due to personal turbulences and have to un-confirm myself :(
i hope you guys have much fun, see you in 2018 maybe. somebody please take my seat and help insguy with pizza!

best wishes

sorry for misconfirming
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Huge shame man, would've been amazing to meet you :( I hope you can sort out whatever happened!
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

jblaze wrote:im very sad and disappointed to say that, but i cant make it this year due to personal turbulences and have to un-confirm myself :(
i hope you guys have much fun, see you in 2018 maybe. somebody please take my seat and help insguy with pizza!

best wishes

sorry for misconfirming
Oh dear, didn't you buy plane tickets and all already? =S But if you can't come, then you can't.

Also best wishes for your personal life, which is obviously the most important in this situation
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

jblaze wrote:im very sad and disappointed to say that, but i cant make it this year due to personal turbulences and have to un-confirm myself :(

best wishes

sorry for misconfirming
fem canceled smorc
Harald Hasch
Kuski

Post by Harald Hasch »

i'll help that insane guy
Tisk
Donator duck

Post by Tisk »

I will come with a car from direction of Pori thursday or friday.

Will leave to Helsinki on tuesday, possible to transport a few mans if someone wants to leave on tuesday.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

I am now confirmed, 21st to 26th.
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Important pls read

A Finnish tv production company is shooting a series of documentaries of VR (not virtual reality but a Finnish railway company) and people traveling across Finland by train. Some time ago I decided to apply for this production with my forthcoming trip to FEM and today they contacted me that they would be interested in doing some filming of this. So, we thought that it would be nice if there were people in Tampere waiting for me when I arrive so they could possibly get some nice shots of the "reunion". I guess it's better the more people we get there, but it shouldn't be like anything fancy or special since it's just a documentary. Anyways, my train will arrive to Tampere on Thursday 20.7. 15:58, so if you are interested in this (I hope many are, would be nice to get such publicity for the scene and the event) consider if it would be possible for you to be there at that time. At least nickomat is coming there, but looks like not too many mans are arriving on Thursday so it might be a bit hard (Ruben and Polarix are potential, but they will be waiting for Pawq in Helsinki and can't make it to Tampere that fast, 8ball, Tisk and Nekit unsure too?).

What else.. These documentaries will be shown on a Finnish commercial tv channel in 2018 so ofc if you don't want to appear there then don't come (or stay hidden xd), but if you think it's interesting then please come! I don't know yet if they want to ask any questions or just get some generic footage but anyways would be cool to have some foreign mans featured in there too. They also wanted to contact Balazs to ask for some copyright things if they show game footage on tv, which lead to a question (on my part) whether I could possibly play the online version or only the very basic elma if they are filming my playing in the train, any thoughts on that? If they fail to get in contact with Balazs then maybe Abula can try to get involved, but I don't think it's very acute at this point.

Anyways.. this sounds quite interesting (to me at least), hopefully it's cool for others too. If you have questions you can contact me or nickomat about any possible arrangements.
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Kopaka wrote:I am now confirmed, 21st to 26th.
Awesome!

By the way, the train from Helsinki to Vammala is really cheap (12,80€) at the moment if you book it now. The price-to-conventioness-ratio is really great in this one because you can take this train even from the airport (!) and someone can always pick you up from the Vammala train station very easily as the distance is just 14km. Of course you can leave already at Tampere if someone else is coming via that and picking you up, and in that case Onnibus will be even cheaper if you don't come by plane.

And that's quite epic, ville_j! =D
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

ville_j: cool! Show them replays in shareware version while pretending to play?
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

I think ville_j should show demo runs instead of replays, they would match his skill level.

Me and gf could pasibly join the Tampere train station meeting since I'm planning on coming already on Thursday!
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Polarix
Kuski

Post by Polarix »

I want to be in this Finnish documentary.
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Polarix wrote:I want to be in this Finnish documentary.
Okay, great, as your plane arrives at 11:05 you should have plenty of time to come to Tampere before the 16:00 and even sightsee Helsinki a bit before that. :)
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

nick-o-matic wrote:
Polarix wrote:I want to be in this Finnish documentary.
Okay, great, as your plane arrives at 11:05 you should have plenty of time to come to Tampere before the 16:00 and even sightsee Helsinki a bit before that. :)
Initially I said no to Ville because we have to wait for Pawq in Helsinki, and making it to Tampere in time will be quite hard and needlessly stressful then. Though of course there is no problem if you want to go ahead to Tampere earlier than us, Pola, if you want to be on TV =D
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Polarix
Kuski

Post by Polarix »

Yeah we will see.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Planning to bring my drone (https://www.verkkokauppa.com/fi/product ... -FPV-lasit). Only problem is that I've been to lazy to learn how to use it but plenty of time left!
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

Roughly two weeks to go, any stoke around?
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

plenty here =D