FEM 2017: Thursday 20.7. or Friday 21.7. - Friday 28.7.

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

ile
Kuski

Re: FEM 2017: Thursday 20.7. or Friday 21.7. - Friday 28.7.

Post by ile »

nick-o-matic wrote:Greetings from FEM! Some info update:
  • The bed situation is good, four mans already are sleeping in tentsand few have own inflatable matresses. Also there is actually more beds in the house than previously. Just few of extra mattresses are used at this point, there seems to be about 10 unused ones atm. Just bring the bedsheets!
  • FF-cup 6 on Sunday is going to have some wickedly good stuff!
  • Everything is going pretty much perfectly so far!
ile wrote:it says it stops at "Stormi
pikavuoropysäkki,
Sastamala"

so that's what this picture http://kopasite.net/up/0/FEMmap2.png is talking about?
Yes, easy to get you from there for someone. =)
again, i need contact info to call/text when im at the bus stop
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

Beer battle starting in three hours!
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

i heard already one person making excuses for doing poorly in beer balle (nick rhymes with zille_k), embarrassing! zero will probably win
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

BEER BATTLE RENAULTS ARE UP GUYS
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

Zero was on his own level. I was second and beat him in only three levels altogether. Finman was doing nice but bear got him during the last five events.

Thanks for the beer battle, too bad I will never win!
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

A one fucking point! Zero was unstoppable tho.
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Fiddled the final amounts for prices - they are megalow this year due to high attendances, thank you so much everyone!

Code: Select all

night(s) €€€€
1        6
2        12
3        17
4        22
5        27
6        31
7-8      35

+2-5€ extra due to unexpected extra electricity bill and stuff
Johannes Nokelainen
FI7841082320014714

BIC code for international transfers: ITELFIHH
Address for international transfers (it has changed since last year):
Huopatehtaankatu 2B 17
53900 LAPPEENRANTA

Mobile Pay app: +358445942988

Paying in e-bank/Mobile Pay preferred, cash perfectly ok as well. =)
Last edited by nick-o-matic on 1 Aug 2017, 11:17, edited 4 times in total.
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Here is the 2017 FEMquiz, and unofficial afterbattle results are welcomed! Just send your answers to me and I will grade them (or you can grade other assignments than #1 yourself as well).

http://jumi.lut.fi/~jnokelai/FEMquizes/FEMquiz2017.pdf

I will update all the quizes and answer sheets to the same place some day too.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

That quiz is hard as fuck. How to remember who said what in IRC or EOL chat? :o I only knew (d) and (t).
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Lukazz wrote:That quiz is hard as fuck. How to remember who said what in IRC or EOL chat? :o I only knew (d) and (t).
The quotes try to be good examples representing personalities of kuskis, so you don't necessarily have to remember the exact line :D FEMquizes often have some insanely hard stuff but nearly always for any part at least someone has known the answer. First year I put there some random battle levels whose author you had to recognize and none was left unrecognized, which was very impressive. It's even fun for me to try to come up with hard but still realistically guessable stuff. This year nobody knew the answer for one of the polygons (won't spoil it here, please check the answer sheet later :P).
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Here's also the answer sheet for the quiz, including full results: http://jumi.lut.fi/~jnokelai/FEMquizes/ ... _sheet.pdf

Top 3 (maybe top 5 if I will manage) will get a personalized diploma level battle of chosen type as an award. Markku (the winner) has already chosen a 60min apple battle, which will be battled today or tomorrow evening!

Also in the afterbattle jblaze just tied Markku's points and made a new record to the last problem, very impressive!
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

few solutions missing from quotes section
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Vermin Supreme wrote:few solutions missing from quotes section
Thank you for the notice! Not missing anymore.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Who the hell are henke8100 and Henry. ;o
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Today was held low effort total time battle. 5 short levels for 45 mins.

Here is top3:
1. Markku
2. Ramone
3. nick-o-matic

Markku was the only one under 1 minute!!! do you have what it takes to get under 1 minute??? no beter results available because low effort

level pack in elma online: http://elmaonline.net/statistics/levelpack/lef
Last edited by Zweq on 27 Jul 2017, 15:53, edited 1 time in total.
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Oh uh, FEM17 done. It was my fourth modern Finnish Elma Meeting (2014-2017) and the biggest ever. I think we were about 30 kuskis now when in the golden era, the 2005 meeting gathered 24 kuskis. 9 different nationalities were covered! Just amazing. So great that people are still finding the joy of the game and do incredible stuff. There are so many dedicated people around. Thank you everybody! Level makers, site creators, audiovisual authors, max players, chatters, whatever is your contribution, thank you. But keep it constructive and positive. Endless verbal fingering is not usually that.

Because of so many dedicated players, this meeting was my best. Eventhough I can't really seriously compete with many players anymore, I found the elma competitions most fascinating. Being drunk and even doing the sauna is so last season. Elma playing and just enjoying the life is teh. The meeting was also good because I'm not anymore just the old legend but I also know somehow some of the newer players.

Personally I'm an extrovert. Eventhough I've met more Elma people than anybody else, I find the new social surroundings very challenging and demanding. I was very tired and couldn't express myself as I wanted. Sorry about that but hear me, I love you and the Elma community! Luckily I can express myself here :).

I want to thank everybody who contributed the meeting. Especially nick-o-matic as a main organizer and ramone being the mood keeper. Also Kopaka to get the Balleserver up (I regret for to not said any special goodbyes for my neighbour) and terb0 to organize the main event of the year flawlessly. I was 10th in beer battle. I tried my best, have no excuses of being unlucky or having a bad computer. Even terb0 beat me. Life is hard. But, we still don't have a triple beer battle master so I have a chance next year!

Paqw's contest was really cool. It required max effort, it felt like being in school where you don't know what happens next and you need to learn new things in front of other people. Afterall elma is chilling for me. But it's good to go to your disconfort level sometimes! I'm proud of myself to pass all the 8 events :). Blind folding was hard as f*ck but I guess best strategy is using a normal style and have a constant feedback loop. Say "clear" instead of being quiet when nothing is needed to press.

Maybe ramses could try the Moposchool: http://zebra.mbnet.fi/playing.html

My idea to have a break between the beer battle was not needed. People were social anyway. That's much better.

The group picture could have beeen taken before the quiz on Saturday when most of the people were around. Now vender, Kortsu and Igge misssed the picture :/.

I didn't really like the number of IRC quotes in Elma quiz. I find it a bit boring if the Elma knowledge master is the one who reads most of the lines in 10 different chats. The core of Elma is not that. But the polygon guess was good! I'm embarrased to not know the top10 of TT.

Also we got two new women to the long list of females who have been in the FEM. Orcc brought them in.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

I am home after a full week. It was great time and I learned some new things about myself. I could be more myself than previously but still not fully. I was able to talk almost norm with bene, dat members and stini but the rest of the pack I never really knew what to say osv and just wanted to keep conversations short or somthink.

Ramone was the best and the worst at the same time of this event. You can only know what I mean if you have experienced it yourself. I think he made it all more interesting for me and I hope he will take part in the future also.

Nekit taking part was really crazy. It is sometimes hard to communicate and my nerves almost boom many times, but anyway it was just really max that nekit took part and the event would have been less special if he didn't.

Weekend was very crazy but too loud for me. I enjoyed the group jog a lot. Half marathon first finish battle next year ?! We could have more of those (short) nonelma things to balance things. Like one for each day. Chessing on the terrace and all around chilling on the warm day (wednesday) was nice also.

I was a bit sad there was no programming or programming talk during event. Only zebra and smibu talked some c++ stuff that i barely understood. I would have been interested in some programming talk about for example new elma site and possible new things we can implement to make elma beter. At least one new idea came up and that was total time battles to EOL.

Sauna was very disappointing and I want to clarify to foreigners it is not supposed to be so damn bad lel.
zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

I am also at home now. It was great time! Was nice to see new people. Each year there has been quite many new guys to meet, which is nice.

I am also a bit quiet but it's normal for me. But I can usually talk quite normally with talkative persons like Ramone. So it was nice to have him there. I also expected to see adi&Markku&nick-o-matic, FEM wouldn't be FEM without them. :)

Some best moments:
- talking about Pipo's with adi
- talking about programming with Smibu. Like Zweq said, we could have more programming conversations in the future.
- making levels with Ramone
- eating insane's lasagne
- having my TT battle
- sauna & pond
- talking about DJ stuff with veezay
- seeing people höyling, especially adi & zweq. I was very amazed by their skills and persistence.

Thanks everybody, especially nick-o-matic for arranging this once again. See you all probably next year!
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

Oh and I was also jogging on Wednesday. I wanted to go alone but perhaps next year I could go with someone else too.
I visited "Piimäsjärvi" and I have to say the scenery there was magnificent. Distance was 13,5 km.

Sports tracker workout here: http://www.sports-tracker.com/workout/h ... 28de00ea14
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
Ismo
39mins club

Post by Ismo »

Again one FEM without Elma computer done for me. New bb program worked good enough. Everything worked good enough.

Tanks:
- nom organizer
- Orcc + Abula caring
- volleyballing mens and referee
- footballing mens
- sh*t pants card mens
- discussion partner mens
- couples competition partner
...and everyone else
[00:21:58] (@cyre) ismo taas juonu liikaa omenamehuu
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

The cleaning and organizating is now done and we are now on the way back.

We used more than 60e worth of electricity than last year and the cheap contract was based on that so she wanted that amount as an extra for us. Managed to get 20e from Abula's extension cords + igge's ethernet cables so had to pay 40e extra, so i might have to tweak the prices a little, so please dont pay yet if you havent paid. Sorry for the inconvenience. I will make new calculations with exact bottle money amounts later when home. Also I will write a longer and happier thank you post then like you guys! Orka with mobile now.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

wednesday car borrowing cost me 6.4/100*154.7*1.435=14.21 euros
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

Just goted home from FEM and it was amazing I had a great time and many laughs (As probably everyone heard). Met many great people and stuff.

Some of the very many highlights for me are:
The Lamp
Team DAT (+Zweq) drinking world cup beer together
Teaming up with Zweq to make a TAS rec (Although his laptop sucks and can't reach enough fps it was great fun)
Pawq's amazing contests and especially prices
Ville_J's amazingly smooth skin
Zero giving me an olutmakkara
Hugging finman
Talking to cardgame guy about everything
Cooking for everyone meals (8balle soup and insguy lasagna)
idiot system performance
umiz
Kuski

Post by umiz »

Damn, you seem to have a really nice time over there. I hope that I can participate next year. Seems very good organized!
[i cruise, i lev, i live]
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Damn, I cant connect my pc. Forgot 1 to 3 electricity thingie at fem.... Oke. I go store and fix. Fuck!
Elasto Mania - ez better
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

I just bought a Nocco.
Elasto Mania - ez better
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

nice can you share a pic?
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Today FEM17 came up in conversation, and I had to explain to my grandma, who is 83, that I went alone to a cabin in the forest in nowhereland in Finland with a bunch of strangers to play video games. She was so shocked she had to stop walking for a moment. Worth it just for her facial expression.

Back in the mid 2000's, when I first spyed the recs of people like Zweq, Adi and Markku, I thought they were some kind of mystic legends, and never in my life could I have imagined that some ~10 years later I would meet them (and others too) for real and discover that they did in fact not levitate, but were indeed normal people just like me. Normal people with unreal Elma skills.

My girlfriend, my parents, my friends, pretty much everyone thought I was fucking insane embarking on this trip, and maybe I was, but damn it was worth it. Meeting all of you guys has been amazing, the old and the new, and there is no doubt that if I have the opportunity I will go again next year. The contests and the playing was great, but I think the best part for me was getting to know the people behind the nicks I've seen almost every day for a few years now. Socializing, playing volleyball, chess, spying and just hanging around. I'm the kind of person who needs privacy, a lot of it, and if I've been in the company of others for too long I have to leave and be alone. This can easily happen in a matter of hours, but it never happened once during FEM, and I would have had no issue staying for longer. That is a complete first for me, and I think it speaks volumes for this community and the people in it.

Thank you Pawq, for jumping into this with me. Without you I probably wouldn't have gone.

Thank you nick-o-matic and Kopaka, for obvious reasons.

And thank you everybody, for making this one of the absolute highlights of my year. !FEM 10

"Weeeeell..."
- veezay

"There is no reason to bring a computer to FEM."
- bene

"oke"
- Everyone
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

I keep saying it every year but this was the best FEM so far. :D Very happy to hev been a part of it again. Lovly to meet familiar and new faces and hang out in max nice atmos for a week.

Oke, hmm, some disorganized thoughts:
- Everyone turned out to be even nicer and warmer than on internets, as usual.
- Thanks nom for making FFcup happen! Very sick good lev selection. Sorry for complaining about some errors.
- Thanks nom also for organizing this huge thing and quizzes and everything. It's a massive effort even without a whiner, sik job.
- Related to my complaining, thanks to Tisk for pointing out "it's personal" =P Always on point man.
- Flagtag in a LAN proved to have as much potential for fun as imagined. We really should make it a more organized event next year! Thanks Kopa for hosting :* and Dani for levs :*
- Hope Dani can make it next year. :O
- Unreal good lasagna and soup..!!! Thank you insguy and 8-ball! And everyone who left sausages in fridge.
- No bread in fridge spotted. This is an improvement.
- Rispekt to everyb0ne in spy division for catalyzing stoke and talks and lols etc.
- Some pretty legendary spy moments, eyeing legends like ILKKA, ramses, adi, Zweq, etc etc etc. Unforgettable.
- Also Ramone very MVP catalyst man. Seemed pretty goad at foot massages too.
- Heartwarming to see team dat united in flesh for the first time. All awesome mans, please come next year too. Bring Pab. <3
- Post pics of Nekit's new shirt please! Unreal design by Harald, easy nominee for GAA art. Another nominee obv being iCS's WC7 movie, holy shit!
- Nekit very nice man, hope his trip was worth it even though most people drunk etc. :D Good talks.
- ILKKA pro worm fashionista and elma yoloer. Also much much nicer person than I thought from internets.
- Nice impsy pack from Ramone. Lots of goad moments from this.
- Some of the best zebra levels I hev seen (Arrows). That is nat an light statement.
- I probably wouldn't have really properly met ramses if not for Pawq's couples contest. That was good. Impsy, but good. :) More social events!
- If you really have no other decisive reason to go to FEM, do it for the Lamp. This is not a joke.
- etc etc etc etc etc ......
Ruben wrote:I'm the kind of person who needs privacy, a lot of it, and if I've been in the company of others for too long I have to leave and be alone. This can easily happen in a matter of hours, but it never happened once during FEM, and I would have had no issue staying for longer. That is a complete first for me, and I think it speaks volumes for this community and the people in it.
Very well putted!

Cya next year. :)
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

I'll write up my emotional post later, but for now here are the results of the total time battles held during FEM. One is missing total times and one is severely incomplete (whtvr), but the others are fairly complete. The other two battles (lef and Arrows) had their results posted separately.

Code: Select all

Ramone total time battle from 20.07 - TOT??.lev

total times:

Zweq 45.36
Markku 45.67
ville_j 47.15
lousk 47.36
nickomat 47.53
Stini 47.79
pawq 47.88
Abula 48.12
Ramone 48.19
Igge 48.34
tisk 48.40
ramses 1:10.75

==========================================

8-ball total time battle from 20.07 - whtvr??.lev

total times:

Zweq 1:48:21
tisk 1:53:46
pawq 1:55:91
Abula 2:28:69

Ramone total time battle from 21.07 - ftot??.lev

best times:

ftot01 - 8.89 Ramone
ftot02 - 10.17 Smibu
ftot03 - 8.07 Nekit
ftot04 - 8.18 Nekit
ftot05 - 7.71 Zweq
ftot06 - 8.20 Nekit
ftot07 - 6.82 Orcc & insguy
ftot08 - 8.14 Zweq
ftot09 - 9.43 Zweq & adi
ftot10 - 10.03 Zweq & Ramone

TT of best times - 1:25.64

Zweq - 1:29:63
(individual total times were shouted out and were never posted anywhere)

insguy total time battle from 21.07 - F17itt??.lev

best times:

f17itt01 - 6.63 Zweq
f17itt02 - 8.47 Zweq
f17itt03 - 8.03 Zero
f17itt04 - 9.32 Zweq
f17itt05 - 9.99 pawq & nick-o-matic
f17itt06 - 7.70 8-ball

TT of best times - 50.14

Totals:

Markku 50.64
Zweq 51.18
nick-o-matic 51.23
Smibu 51.41
adi 51.68
pawq 51.81
Polarix 52.03
Abula 52.29
8-ball 52.34
Stini 52.52
Orcc 52.79
ville_j 52.79
lousk 53.10
Ruben 53.30
veezay 53.77
Kopaka 53.94
ramses 57.08
Last edited by pawq on 30 Jul 2017, 19:58, edited 3 times in total.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

umiz
Kuski

Post by umiz »

I Love you zweq! Thanks for uploading!
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Thank you everyone for all the thank yous and thank you for coming and making this the best FEM ever! Some of the high points for me included
  • The whole process of getting Nekit to Finland
  • Welcoming ville_j at the train station with the TV crew :D
  • Ramone's shirt!
  • Getting to know to some new persons IRL once again. From now on there is going to be a completely new aspect in meeting them online, and in a good way of course. :D
  • Just like in FEM15, Ramone again was the spirit of the meeting, this time perhaps in even greater extent
  • FinMan's arrival
  • b0ne's and Zweq's premiere show of wheelpop recs
  • IS duet
  • Local EOL server
  • Spying FFcup6. Quite sick to be able to switch spy IRL between Zero / Markku / Zweq / adi / FinMan depending on who is leading. Especially Zero's FF playing is a treat to watch
  • Nekit's zoom & his laptop keyboard & him finding new Hang Tight style
  • Volleyball & mölkky
  • Chess & Catan
  • Much more competitions and other program arranged than ever before, thank you!
  • I can confirm that The Lamp was not just a lamp
  • People keeping the cabin in better organization. There was still quite much work for the last ones on Friday, thank you for the cleaners and bottle/can returners!
  • People sharing their thoughts here now. For some reason (best FEM ever?) it is now happening in much greater extent than after previous FEMs =)
  • Same as previous point but about gathering the event results
I btw have as a new lost & found item a black PC power cable, probably FinMan's or Zero's (they both were wondering whose it is and eventually both left it there, but only they were sitting in that corner so its unlikely it's someone else's). After some turns of events I also still have insaneguy's towel, terb0's mouse and jblaze's headphones, all of which I at some point thought would be returned this FEM. :D Also I still have the mysterious black towel from FEM2014 or 15 :D
Abula wrote:didn I't really like the number of IRC quotes in Elma quiz. I find it a bit boring if the Elma knowledge master is the one who reads most of the lines in 10 different chats. The core of Elma is not that. But the polygon guess was good! I'm embarrased to not know the top10 of TT.
The amount of the quotes is vast, yes, but the point is not to remember all of the quotes (except maybe some legendary ones), but to recognize the kuski from his style. Most quotes should resemble the character of the kuski pretty well so that he is recognizable. :) Also a lot of guessing in this is inevitable, so realistically nobody can't get significantly more than 50% correct. And since it was just half a point per kuski, the top as well as average point amounts from this one were in fact pretty much the same with the polygon recognizion part, so it was not that heavily . :) Also they were mostly EOL/belma chat quotes, so IRCing not so needed anyway =) And also the purpose of this quote collection was to entertain people. That's one of the reasons they were so plenty.
Last edited by nick-o-matic on 31 Jul 2017, 12:25, edited 3 times in total.
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Back to more boring and practical stuff.
nick-o-matic wrote:The cleaning and organizating is now done and we are now on the way back.

We used more than 60e worth of electricity than last year and the cheap contract was based on that so she wanted that amount as an extra for us. Managed to get 20e from Abula's extension cords + igge's ethernet cables so had to pay 40e extra, so i might have to tweak the prices a little, so please dont pay yet if you havent paid. Sorry for the inconvenience. I will make new calculations with exact bottle money amounts later when home. Also I will write a longer and happier thank you post then like you guys! Orka with mobile now.
After final calculations I need more like 50-55€ to be on par with others full-timers with my share. On top of this 40€ extra electricity bill I underestimated the amount of can/bottle deposits for rest of the time. I would not orka go through 2nd round of paying for everyone so I would hope that some (or actually pretty many) volunteers would put few (max 5) euros extra to their payments to fix the situation. Some already have done that, thank you! Also I'm not expectying extra payments from Abu & igge whose cables helped to cut the extra payment by 20 euros. :)

Let's see if this works, I will keep you updated about the situation!

Also updated the payment post a bit above to contain the needed info for international transfers.
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

Thanks everyone for the best FEM yet! Fav moments etc:
- Thanks to Abula, Lousku and ramone for the rides
- Thanks to insguy, Polarix and Kopaka helping with ballsoup
- insguy's lasagne was great too! Honestly I hope future meetings have some common meal every single night. The atmosphere when everyone is sitting around a table (and the nearby area ofc because no table big enough) is just delightful. Felt like one big international family dinner in a sense.
- Very much enjoyed sleeping in a tent this time, away from commotion in the house. I went to sleep around 5 every night and would wake up around 12 every time as the tent started to heat up from the sun. Somehow felt fresh every day even after drinking (except after first night which was the hardest drinking for me).
- Enjoyed trying disc golf for the first time a lot! Will definitely drive to a semi nearby course with friends later this summer. Did pretty well teaming up with ramone (or actually I have no idea, where are results?). Just tossing the disc around in the yard with a few other mans was fun too.
- Volleyball was great, one of very few sports I actually enjoy myself, wish there were more matches and maybe more teams and a small tournament or something.
- Big thanks to everyone who made high effort levs for TT battles and other contests and even high effort prizes. Really made this feel so much more special.
- WC7 video was just great to watch even if seen almost all recs. Amazing editing and awesome atmosphere in the room.
- Idiot System performance was fun
- FEM quiz was just perfect imo. Laughed so much when reading the quotes.
- Beer battle was fun as usual but Zero was too good.
- Pawq's coop battles were the freshest thing I've ever played. I hope there's one of those every meeting now.
- Configuring a Steam controller to play Elma with was pretty fun (right trigger for gas, left for brake). It's hard at first and tapping gas/break is quite inaccurate compared to keyboard but it's very playable actually. I finished a few long FFs with it. Then I gave it to bene for like an hour, said I'll buy him a beer if he drives under 12 freefall and he actually did it, the absolute madman: http://www.recsource.tv/r/gfmuznhdwk
- Watching Zweq and bene TASing IRL was pretty sik.
- Playing Catan was nice, but maybe would have liked a few more matches.
- Mölkky was fun once again!
- I found myself mostly burned out from constant elmaing after a few days already so it was great to play other games with a few people also - AoE2 with ILKKA was fun (eventhough I got rekt) and a few people joined me for some Mortal Kombat rounds, and I played some split screen Rocket League with Polarix, also very fun. I very much look forward to more online gaming with mans in different games if we get a place with fast WiFi next year.
- Ramone very hype man, made the energy levels in the room so much higher throughout imo, very much appreciated.
- Nekit very )))))) man, no idea how he managed to play with that zoom.
- Very cool watching ramses learning eagerly and in very high pace and igge explaining things very well for him to understand. Maybe next Spef in the making o,o
- Watching ILKKA's "best rec of fem17" was just :DDD
- Spending a lot of time just chilling at the terrace outside and having both insightful and wtf random convos with everyone at various degrees of intoxication. Many mans turned out to be much more nicer and funnier to hang out with irl.
- The Lamp was pretty great btw, or very undeniably noteworthy at the very least
- Harald-insaneguy-8-ball couch best couch confirmed. Somehow ended up moving from a nice spot at a table to couch just like last time.
- Big thanks to nom for making everything seem smooth and taken care of throughout the meeting. If next year's possible international meeting in Latvia ends up actually happening I hope I can arrange it anywhere near as smoothly.

Some people mentioned expecting more programming stuff going on and that is actually my biggest and maybe only real regret this year - I expected I'll be more in the mood to get some work done on the new EOL site with Kopaka but most of the time there was really interesting and more social things going on and I just didn't feel like taking time out for something that might as well be done when I get home, I guess. I hope to make up for it in the months to come. Come to #developers on Discord or #discord-developers on IRC to bug me/Kopaka about the progress.
39:37,91
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

Finally back home, was fucking nice once again. So good to meet new people and see the faces behind their nick/eol shirt and of course max nice to see others again.

Thanks to nom for organizing flawlessly once again, Kopaka for the server, all the event arrangers, trophy makers, kitchen cleaners etc.

See you next year!!?
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Kopaka: can you send 7e to nom for my gas expenses
insane guy: can you send 7e to nom for my gas expenses
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

Zweq wrote:insane guy: can you send 7e to nom for my gas expenses
sorry forgot about that during the driving confusion.
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

np, sorry for not driving but i get a bit anxious thinking about driving in centrum of unknown town without map or gps. ;)
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

Driving in nearby unknown cities sucks here because all seem to have some horror design
Last edited by Sunshine on 13 Nov 2017, 05:13, edited 1 time in total.
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Probably some way of easing up congestion. Very lazy and probably ineffective way, but still.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

People have been paying the extra payments pretty well, thank you. =) However, it seems that some more is still needed. I haven't got payments from some people at all yet, so let's see.

The bottle moneys were more than 150 euros in total by the way, well drank everyone, that was one of the reasons why the expenses were so low per person (even with the extra payments).
Zweq wrote:Kopaka: can you send 7e to nom for my gas expenses
insane guy: can you send 7e to nom for my gas expenses
I assume you will substract these from your own bill? =)
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

nick-o-matic wrote: I assume you will substract these from your own bill? =)
maybe if you read discord once in a lifetime you'd be in the loop............!

but yes
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Fem was awesome.
I was annoying (sorry nom)
Nom has a sick cute russian gf
Zweq is not fat
Fm is cool af
Zero cant drink 15 beers (without puking)
Nekit will leave russia
Adi skilled as usual
Zweq has wrong reso so wheels not round
8-ball is chill af
Nekit has amazing kb
Nom is Johannes
Bene said wheelpop every 5th word
Sauna was bad this year
Polarix yelling when answer phone
Polarix pro smoker
Lousku chill as always
HaraldH very chill man
Ilkka is a legend in the making
Kopaka is quiet
Smibu also quiet and worst lgr
Ruben rocks two colour..... (Insert word here)
Vz tried to grab my cock while hugging me from behind
Vz good smoker
Antti smoke and no beer
Ville thin af
Ramone fat af
Abula always very pondus
Ismo quieter than 2015 (or I cant listen...)
Zebra sick good levelmaker
Insguy chilling without camera (very nice)
Pawq sick elma fan
Pawq sick trophys
Pawq sick contests
Markku owning as he did before
Terb0 very nice beeeeear! (And beer battle)
Kortsu fast visit
Shootah old I never heard of
Many fins weird and dont drink beer
Many fins drink soda with alco like 14 yos
Igge most positive man ever
Orcc such a man
Hölkky I win next year!!!
Time ran fast af
Ramses survived full week!!
I met Zero
I met Nekit
I met Zweq
I tried to kiss Nekit on the cheek (he turned away)

I have bad memory, forgot someone Im sure (sooooory)
It felt max nice to leave cause I was 100% annoying and felt abit embarrased (know I shouldnt... But, oh well)

Tisk had same old shirt, looked like a bum

Third and ez best Fem for me!

I painted Zeros nails.
I drank beer

I slept
In my room Nekit slept (wjen Nekit came I took his bag and picked bed in my room for him)

I had a cold all Fem
I complained like a baby all fem.
My knee is fucked

My nick is Ramone and I play Elma
Elasto Mania - ez better
umiz
Kuski

Post by umiz »

Ramone wrote: My nick is Ramone and I play Elma
<3
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

Ramone wrote: I have bad memory, forgot someone Im sure (sooooory)
Forgot lamp
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

I slept on lamp
Elasto Mania - ez better
Polarix
Kuski

Post by Polarix »

Smibu also quiet and worst lgr
No, that Sahara lgr is fucking amazing.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Where are the pics!?!?
Elasto Mania - ez better
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »