Chrome youtube video muted/unmuted affects my elma gameplay

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Zweq
34mins club

Chrome youtube video muted/unmuted affects my elma gameplay

Post by Zweq »

Today I made an interesting discovery:

I was using milagros saveload in hiflyer and got a perfect slide, I rewinded to the start of the slide and saved state there. Then I tried loading from the start of the slide like 100 times and always got a perfect slide.

My playing setup was the following: milaSL ingame FPS limiter at 999FPS, chrome on, minimized, playing random video on youtube with sounds on.

Suddenly while song on youtube was changing (the video was still playing because it was a full album) I couldn't slide and I started wondering what's going on. I went on the chrome and muted sounds and continued with the same setup with only change being youtube being muted. Video was still playing. Chrome was still minimized. Elma was still 999FPS.

I couldn't slide anymore, at all. No matter what. Even If I play a completely silent video unmuted I can't slide from that state :D Once sounds start coming from video again, perfect slide 100%

Now you might say dude your PC is shit can't even stay above 999FPS when have sounds on, but no that can't be the case because I have 2.6k FPS in elma.

Can someone explain how this behaviour is possible if elma is all about FPS?
analcactus
Kuski

Re: Chrome youtube video muted/unmuted affects my elma gamep

Post by analcactus »

me completing rubik's cube approximately 5 sec faster if using Global Deejays - the Sound of San Francisco instead of timer
Image Image
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Thanks for reminding me!!!

I had a very annoying issue when I was hoyling Enigma a couple of weeks back. I did the ez start without alo, so until 6s (first alo) I was pressing only gas. Most of the time I'd get the right leanback at 4-5s, but every once in a while I'd get no leanback which makes the 6-7s part impossible. This happened several times until I noticed a pattern...... Whenever music ended in WMP - I'd stop getting the leanback, even though FPS was not affected at all. I then tested it multiple times and it was perfectly repeatable: with music playing in WMP I'd get leanback 100%, but with no music playing I'd get it maybe 10-20% of times. So I couldn't play enigma without music!

Your discovery together with mine seems to suggest that processing sound on the CPU somehow significantly affects its processing of elma physics, that is independent of fps.

Time to rehoyl every internal WR checking whether playing/muting music makes it better? :D
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

What even is elma?
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Just tested again and with music playing I got the leanback 10/10 times, then without music got leanback 6/10 and 10/20 times, then puted music back on and got it 10/10 times again. Interestingly though, it works with muted music for my - just stopping music breaks it. I'll try with youtube videos on chrome later but now lysning to music and don't want to pause any more :)
sunl
Kuski

Post by sunl »

New meta: Music tracks specific for each internal where the music plays on/off in a set pattern after you press enter :P
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

did man try if change if put compatabiilty gak sound on/off or whatever called in elma settings?
mebe also randomly related to chipset noise gak thing that also hapens if use headphone/speakers from mb and if move mouse, play something without sound, etc, you hear noise gak? duno mabe unrelated
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

This is pretty funny finding. I think I've experienced this in the past.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

it would be possible to analyze .dat file (check the time stamps), when you side and when you don't
i assume with slide the times would be 1ms, 1ms 1ms, 1ms.., without it would be 1ms, 1ms, 2ms, 1ms (both with lots of 0ms, which are skipped)
[carebox]
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

I believe it has something to do with the cpu working. If the cpu is working with making sound from Chrome.exe maybe it makes elma behave a bit different if they are running on the same thread?

Try rising cpu priority for eol.exe for example, or close and open Chrome again and see if you can recreate the problem (if it isn't on the same thread then)