Do we tolerate any behaviour in the scene?

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

milagros
Cheatless

Re: Do we tolerate any behaviour in the scene?

Post by milagros »

what's this whinging all about? what are you? a fag?
[carebox]
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

danitah wrote:Well yeah my philosophy has pretty much been to ignore it, because as you said it's usually done for reactions, so by ignoring people you take away their reason to continue.

I don't think it's a freedom of speech issue. Obviously if someone spams every second that's reason enough to ban them. If someone stands outside of your house yelling all day that's reason enough to call the cops if they won't stop, that's pretty much the same thing imo. Any community can set rules for how people should behave within it, that's not about free speech at all in my opinion.
exactly. this is not a matter of free speech

being decent is also a thing. free speech is about opinions.

Limiting free speech would be smthg like: in eol we dont tolerate ppl saying they dont like short battles. its probably quite known I dont like em. But I know many likes them.
and ofc they should be allowed to say that. and start those. meh.

when younger ppl come into scene and seeing older ppl behave talk like we do in elma scene it kinda tells them its oke. ppl get formed by their environment.

and imo its not ok to talk like that.

and, as ppl said in this thread, many ppl shy away from scene because of it.
Elasto Mania - ez better
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

I give my respects to ramone for bringing this up. Myselves would have not done it, because I know how ridiculed I would have been.
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

gimp wrote:This may sound pretty American and all, but i think free speech is important, even if it is not something you want to hear or even if it is a mindless derogatory term. You can't just ban words from being said, you dont have the right. Be loving and ignore the things you don't like to hear, its mostly done for attention/reactions anyways.
Of course you can't just ban words, that would be censorship, and as we all know that's an American thing. But this isn't a free speech discussion at all, we're just saying what we don't like in the community, I don't think anyone is seriously considering banning specific words. You know, communication is important in any healthy relationship, so I think this is a good discussion, whether we agree or not.

Sometimes I read things here on Lauta, or someone says something to me irl, that keeps churning in my brain for a few weeks until maybe I change my mind.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

Ramone wrote:few ppl commenting on stayting out of scene due to how it is, and I know more have done the same.
i cant believe my eyes and i am not hallucinating as of yet. are we talking about the same game in here?
there do occur rude and offensive jokes but its all done in a friendly way, pretty much every kuski in the scene is highly trustable and helpful if needed. unless you feel personally attacked and touched because of not-so-serious combination of letters on the internet. but then i think you got biggers problems to consider.
i used to be a part of curve fever community. believe me, it was really toxic and fucked up. elma is nowhere close. elma is like a pixelmiss of perfection
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Ruben wrote:Of course you can't just ban words, that would be censorship, and as we all know that's an American thing. But this isn't a free speech discussion at all, we're just saying what we don't like in the community, I don't think anyone is seriously considering banning specific words. You know, communication is important in any healthy relationship, so I think this is a good discussion, whether we agree or not.

Sometimes I read things here on Lauta, or someone says something to me irl, that keeps churning in my brain for a few weeks until maybe I change my mind.
Okay yeah, maybe free speech was bad term and not what we are talking about here. and you're right, discussion cannot hurt anyone and is all good.

im just curious of the intent of the topic, are we just asking politely for people to be kind to others? No big deal there.

Or is this topic hoping a new rule/moderation comes up? Cause that would suck and cause too much drama, grey areas, and bullshit.
God Bless America
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

Ramone wrote:being decent is also a thing. free speech is about opinions.

Limiting free speech would be smthg like: in eol we dont tolerate ppl saying they dont like short battles. its probably quite known I dont like em. But I know many likes them.

when younger ppl come into scene and seeing older ppl behave talk like we do in elma scene it kinda tells them its oke. ppl get formed by their environment.

i agree, to get less ppl to shy away from the scene we need to be more welcoming and decent like ramone and say things like this to new players, especially if they are 14:

[17/12/05 20:50:36] <EOL_bot> (Ramone): no one apreciates you here. just go
[17/12/05 20:50:39] <EOL_bot> (Ramone): you are not wanted.
[17/12/05 20:50:46] <EOL_bot> (Ramone): grow up. learn how to behave. thanks.

[17/12/07 21:39:36] <EOL_bot> (Ramone): and you donbt belong in scene.
status:ONLINE - - -  drinking:GOFE - - - iq:85 - - - elasto mania ranking:#1
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

gimp wrote: Okay yeah, maybe free speech was bad term and not what we are talking about here. and you're right, discussion cannot hurt anyone and is all good.

im just curious of the intent of the topic, are we just asking politely for people to be kind to others? No big deal there.

Or is this topic hoping a new rule/moderation comes up? Cause that would suck and cause too much drama, grey areas, and bullshit.
If changing anything in moderating procedure I would say shorter bans, not stricter rules. Correct me if I'm wrong, but seems to be usually several weeks long bans being given out. Starting with a warning, then a one day ban, and after that giving longer term bans seems like a better way to go. It's possible I've only noticed the long term ones and this is already the way things are being done though.

My approach if someone is so annoying they are bothering me would be to tell them what is bothering me and kinda warn them that I might add them to ignore list, then just add them to ignore list for a while if they still do it. They won't bother me and I won't fuel their trolling, and maybe it can deter them from continuing the same behavior in the future. Haven't done this in elma yet, but there have been multiple times when I probably should have.

I can't be arsed to get engaged in the battle against words. If you say something like n-word lev to mean bad lev I will just think less of you. If you say all n-words should die however I think that should be easily bannable from eol chat. My reasoning is eol is the main place for our community, every player who wants to play elma online goes there. We have places like discord and #across where it's more optional if you want to go there or not and more lenient rules makes sense there. Not that I want to see that in those places either.
jonsykkel wrote:
I don't think this is the way to handle things. Talking against his behavior is one thing, but I don't think it does any good to go against him personally like that.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

jonsykkel wrote:
Ramone wrote:being decent is also a thing. free speech is about opinions.

i agree, to get less ppl to shy away from the scene we need to be more welcoming and decent like ramone and say things like this to new players, especially if they are 14:

[17/12/05 20:50:36] <EOL_bot> (Ramone): no one apreciates you here. just go
[17/12/05 20:50:39] <EOL_bot> (Ramone): you are not wanted.
[17/12/05 20:50:46] <EOL_bot> (Ramone): grow up. learn how to behave. thanks.

[17/12/07 21:39:36] <EOL_bot> (Ramone): and you donbt belong in scene.
since you have all log saved it would be more relevant to post all chat leading up to those lines. very out of context.
Elasto Mania - ez better
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

dident seem very relevant 2 me but ok here u go
#irc_eol.IRCnet.txt
(33.36 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
#irc_eol2.IRCnet.txt
(16.05 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i might be uneducated (not brainwashed) in this direction, buti thought gay bashing (especially white gay) is now perfectly acceptable, because at the end of the day, they are still men, and thus part of the "problem"
more info on kevinspacey.com
[carebox]
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

holy shit you guys are a bunch of fucking pussies
im pretty good at elma
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

So I counted five posts just in this topic that are using racial/sexist slurs to bash, with no other content what so ever. Yet people are saying there's no issue.
Spef
34mins club

Post by Spef »

Sometimes I wonder what the scene would be like if mods handed out punishments for bad behaviour and breaking rules
[10:47:49] (Hosp) tol thinks that all there is in life is a gf, status, money blabl
[10:48:19] (ANATOLIY) not all hosp =)
[10:48:29] (ANATOLIY) but elma must be at second screen
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

Kopaka wrote:So I counted five posts just in this topic that are using racial/sexist slurs to bash, with no other content what so ever. Yet people are saying there's no issue.
You and other moderators are a big part of the issue because this behavior is not moderated.
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

bene wrote:
Kopaka wrote:So I counted five posts just in this topic that are using racial/sexist slurs to bash, with no other content what so ever. Yet people are saying there's no issue.
You and other moderators are a big part of the issue because this behavior is not moderated.
Anyone can help with trying to create a better atmosphere in EOL, Discord, lauta etc.

Pusinshment isn't always the solution.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

bene wrote:
I dare say if someone has lived 15-20+ years and still can't recognize what is decent behaviour and what isn't then the problem lies elsewhere.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

SveinR wrote: I dare say if someone has lived 15-20+ years and still can't recognize what is decent behaviour and what isn't then the problem lies elsewhere.
So then you just ignore that behavior setting an example for everyone that it's completely ok to act this way in the scene? Just because the offender is old? Xira is under 15 from what I hear, does the age make it a cause for ban in this case?
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

bene. 14 aint that young. when you´re 14 you know shit. you know how to behave and so on.
Elasto Mania - ez better
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

bene wrote:So then you just ignore that behavior setting an example for everyone that it's completely ok to act this way in the scene? Just because the offender is old? Xira is under 15 from what I hear, does the age make it a cause for ban in this case?
No, but you make a good point - moderation is not the issue here - whether or not we ignore it is key. Do we speak out against such behaviour or just let it pass? This is something all of us can be better at, it doesn't have anything to do with moderating.
Rules | FAQ
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

i think should try to figure out the intent behind those types of gomments ("gay topic", "gay thread", "sla gay", "ram nigger" etc)
whats more likely, do ppl say these things becouse:
1. they hate all gay ppls and niggers, and they hate u so they call u gay nigger
2. they disagree with what u are saying and want to say something but cant (or are too lazy to) write down their thoguhts, so instead they resort to just saying something they know will provoke u
i would @ least guess that its something like the latter in most if nat al cases
there might be a issue but its nat racism/sexism (if u ask me, jumping to that conklusion is just ultra shallow analysis), maby more something like impolitenes and gl geting rid of that on the internet

about whether or not u should ban ppl for bad behavior: what dose that solve, maby makes ppl shadap for a while but i think wil just make more resentful later. is it that hardik to just ignore? again if we asume the intent is just to provoke, how about just not get provoked and vatch what hapens
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

bene wrote:
I'm not a moderator on lauta. But I agree. As SveinR says you might hope adults could behave themselves, but there's lots of evidence of the contrary, so moderation is needed. And you need continously active moderation with a common thread. Active moderators can be hard to find in a small community, but then again being small means it doesn't take that many people to do it. A lack of a common thread in moderation was clear when sla locked a topic, which gave a big backlash. You could argue it was a fair lock, but when there's many arguable worse offenses not being seen to, it seems very harsh to lock a topic like that.

When it comes to eol I try to moderate, but I'm not active enough myself to make a big enough dent. We have an eolmod chat channel in order to aim for that common thread. But it can certainly be better on eol as well. (with that said in any is interested contact me about becoming a mod in eol).

A clear leadership and direction in moderation would certainly help. Moderation doesn't have to be banning, just someone speaking up with authority saying this is not how we behave here.
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

Kopaka wrote:Moderation doesn't have to be banning, just someone speaking up with authority saying this is not how we behave here.
fishful thinking :lol2:
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

jonsykkel wrote:i think should try to figure out the intent behind those types of gomments ("gay topic", "gay thread", "sla gay", "ram nigger" etc)
1. they hate all gay ppls and niggers, and they hate u so they call u gay nigger
2. they disagree with what u are saying and want to say something but cant (or are too lazy to) write down their thoguhts, so instead they resort to just saying something they know will provoke u
i would @ least guess that its something like the latter in most if nat al cases
there might be a issue but its nat racism/sexism (if u ask me, jumping to that conklusion is just ultra shallow analysis), maby more something like impolitenes and gl geting rid of that on the internet
I actually don't agree that it has that much to do with provoking - it seems to me that "gay lev", "nigger lev" etc. has just become acceptable terms for voicing dissatisfaction or negative critic (certainly so for "gay lev", the "nigger" part probably less so).

This obviously goes far beyond the elma scene - denoting something negative with "gay" seems second-nature for a lot of people. I just don't get it.
Rules | FAQ
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

Sla wrote:And now i need help from all players so maybe this time i can be helped: If you want to get a solution for this please write that you agree. Something, whatever, "please fix this so we can see wrs", "sla gay", etc. Just be present in this topíc to make it trending.
My post was a joke obviously, just to be present in this topic.

I think there is no problem with these anyway, just dont take everything seriously. Life will be hard for ya if you do it.
Team SPEED

Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

grew up in a Christian school and swearing = hell, so instead we used words like 'gay' to 'swear' because gay was not okay
still use gay in that kinda way and I don't hate gays or anything
also about punishing people for joking around is a bad idea, already very small scene
ToMaT
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

SveinR wrote:
jonsykkel wrote:i think should try to figure out the intent behind those types of gomments ("gay topic", "gay thread", "sla gay", "ram nigger" etc)
I actually don't agree that it has that much to do with provoking - it seems to me that "gay lev", "nigger lev" etc. has just become acceptable terms for voicing dissatisfaction or negative critic (certainly so for "gay lev", the "nigger" part probably less so).

This obviously goes far beyond the elma scene - denoting something negative with "gay" seems second-nature for a lot of people. I just don't get it.
i think thats a slightly different type of usage than in the gomment examples i was referring to. when ppl say "gay lev" in eol chat, ye its probably nat to provoke the levelmaker or anyone in specific, i also think its just being used as a general nigative criticism like u said.
but ye duno why gay is used as a synonym for shit, maby would have to look into the sykology of swearing to fikure that out (althouhg, i suspekt the reason might still be because it offends/provokes some group of ppl. so in order to get rid of that you would have to get that group of ppl to stop geting ofended by it)
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Hosp wrote:also about punishing people for joking around is a bad idea, already very small scene
Of course joking around is fine. Doesn't mean you can do anything you want and excuse it just by saying you're joking. It's also very ironic that Xira gets so defensive from any little thing, then doesn't understand why his nigger "jokes" get badly received.
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

Well what's wrong with ignoring some behaviour? I mean it's good that someone fights it, but not everyone has energy to do it. When I play elma and hang on irc/discord I want to relax. If something I don't like happen, I rather go and do something else. There are many things that I would defenitely not tolrate and not ignore (like domestic violence etc), but what happens in elma I choose to ignore. I also ignore or don't talk about things like politics, because I don't want to waste time arguing with people. It should be job of people who run things like eol or lauta to deal with bad behaviour. If they do little or dont care, why would I waste my time?
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

chris +1!

related to this topic: family guy s16e06
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

jonsykkel wrote:i think thats a slightly different type of usage than in the gomment examples i was referring to. when ppl say "gay lev" in eol chat, ye its probably nat to provoke the levelmaker or anyone in specific, i also think its just being used as a general nigative criticism like u said.
"gay lev" is certainly not the worst offense, while I think we should aim to stop, there's worse things happening to focus on first. Like personal attacks which there has also been examples of. When it comes to that I don't think we should just ignore, sure a lot of people are able to, and even if we all were I don't think it's a very nice environment to be in if we just let people do that.
Chris wrote:Well what's wrong with ignoring some behaviour? I mean it's good that someone fights it, but not everyone has energy to do it. When I play elma and hang on irc/discord I want to relax. If something I don't like happen, I rather go and do something else. There are many things that I would defenitely not tolrate and not ignore (like domestic violence etc), but what happens in elma I choose to ignore. I also ignore or don't talk about things like politics, because I don't want to waste time arguing with people. It should be job of people who run things like eol or lauta to deal with bad behaviour. If they do little or dont care, why would I waste my time?
Yes optimally the mods should take the brunt of it, but no one is being paid or anything, so you can't demand too much either. Either way I believe the common people speaking up some times too is important as well. If it's always only the mods, it can quickly be seen as a couple of stickler-to-the-rules mods trying to get their world view through, rather than what's best for everyone. Even if what they do is. Of course you don't need to speak up everytime, but I think it's very important and more effective to see that maybe 80-90% is clearly against the bad behaviour, cus they speak up once in a while.
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

Kopaka wrote:
jonsykkel wrote:i think thats a slightly different type of usage than in the gomment examples i was referring to. when ppl say "gay lev" in eol chat, ye its probably nat to provoke the levelmaker or anyone in specific, i also think its just being used as a general nigative criticism like u said.
"gay lev" is certainly not the worst offense, while I think we should aim to stop, there's worse things happening to focus on first. Like personal attacks which there has also been examples of. When it comes to that I don't think we should just ignore, sure a lot of people are able to, and even if we all were I don't think it's a very nice environment to be in if we just let people do that.
Chris wrote:Well what's wrong with ignoring some behaviour? I mean it's good that someone fights it, but not everyone has energy to do it. When I play elma and hang on irc/discord I want to relax. If something I don't like happen, I rather go and do something else. There are many things that I would defenitely not tolrate and not ignore (like domestic violence etc), but what happens in elma I choose to ignore. I also ignore or don't talk about things like politics, because I don't want to waste time arguing with people. It should be job of people who run things like eol or lauta to deal with bad behaviour. If they do little or dont care, why would I waste my time?
Yes optimally the mods should take the brunt of it, but no one is being paid or anything, so you can't demand too much either. Either way I believe the common people speaking up some times too is important as well. If it's always only the mods, it can quickly be seen as a couple of stickler-to-the-rules mods trying to get their world view through, rather than what's best for everyone. Even if what they do is. Of course you don't need to speak up everytime, but I think it's very important and more effective to see that maybe 80-90% is clearly against the bad behaviour, cus they speak up once in a while.
I spoke in the past, not anymore.
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
ile
Kuski

Post by ile »

gay thread
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

This topic is huge and it would take all night to come up with a coherent reply, but here are some points.
  • Age and cultural differences affect how people see different words. For example old people in Finland use the word nigger instead of a black person, because that's the word they have always known to be used. It's not because they're trying to insult or not insult someone.
  • So words like gay and nigger should be replaced with idiot, shit, etc. If someone calls me idiot I find it offensive, but if someone calls me nigger, I don't mind since I don't regard the word as a negative word.
  • People like to hang around with other people of similar minds. My Mom tried for a long time to get me to hang out with religious people. I never did even though I find those people very kind and warm-hearted. I just don't like their company and humour. For example in my work place everyone insults each other and people love to work here. Just as well people in Elma scene befriend with those who are similar to themselves. If this was a religious tight rule scene then most of us wouldn't like it in here. (I acknowledge that there are such minorities here as well and it's nice that they stick along with us assholes.)
  • In a moderately big community like this there are bound to be different people. People shouldn't preach their own views but instead accept those of others. Nobody needs to be friends with everyone but everyone should try to get along. There's surprisingly much to be seen when you look at things from the other person's perspective.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Orcc wrote:This topic is huge and it would take all night to come up with a coherent reply, but here are some points.
  • Age and cultural differences affect how people see different words. For example old people in Finland use the word nigger instead of a black person, because that's the word they have always known to be used. It's not because they're trying to insult or not insult someone.
I think what you're referring to here is a word more closely resembling "negro" which may be considered somewhat neutral. Nigger on the other hand, is completely different and has always had a strong racist undertone.

(negro won't be considered especially neutral in english-speaking countries either, but we have a similar term "neger" in Norway which is used by old people the way you mention.)
Rules | FAQ
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

Well that seems to country-related then. We also have the word negro, but it is not really used. The word nigger is used even in old movie names etc.
NoobSty2-competition

bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

That's another thing trying to have shock value with the name
NoobSty2-competition

farnsworth
Kuski

Post by farnsworth »

Seen in perspective, elma is beyond good behavior compared to other games. That said. Improvements can always be made.
farnsworth
Kuski

Post by farnsworth »

For what it's worth, I will show you a Classic danish tune. It always make me giggle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDrzKBM73yc
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

jblaze wrote:i cant believe my eyes and i am not hallucinating as of yet. are we talking about the same game in here?
there do occur rude and offensive jokes but its all done in a friendly way, pretty much every kuski in the scene is highly trustable and helpful if needed. unless you feel personally attacked and touched because of not-so-serious combination of letters on the internet. but then i think you got biggers problems to consider.
i used to be a part of curve fever community. believe me, it was really toxic and fucked up. elma is nowhere close. elma is like a pixelmiss of perfection
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

seriously: Image
When I enter a lev with the title "Sieg Heil" and I see this it makes me so mad. FUCK THIS SHIT! How insensitive and stupid can you possibly be?
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

looks good lev where dl pls
Polarix
Kuski
Team: TR

Post by Polarix »

Im sorry. It was a bad joke. I will not repeat. Please dont be mad at me in long term insguy.
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Please don't use those words, gay and niger which are so offending and negative in our cultural context. Anti-immigration and other rightwing politics is another issue but we are not talking about politics here. Blame (or praise) ppl for what they do, not what they are.

I was a strict moderator back in the days and would like to still keep it that way but because it's not possible, we just must be well-mannered everybody. Idiots will be always around but let's be patient and helpful for them to take their time to learn.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

And I actually hoyled this level on low details...
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Can someone please explain what's wrong about that level? Do we want to never see the Nazi flag again? Are we afraid of it, does it threaten us somehow? What is the difference between displaying the Nazi flag and Harry Potter saying Voldemort's name out loud?

I know you won't believe me but I'm honestly not trolling a tiny bit, I just seriously don't understand negative reactions to such things. Why do people get hurt when they see a symbol even though it doesn't do them any damage as far as I can see? Can't they choose to be stronger than that?

And if you don't want me to share pictures of that flag, what else is undesirable? Will you tolerate a mention of Mao Zedong? Are photos of Beria OK? Can I draw Jack the Ripper as I imagine him? If the answer to some of these questions is "yes", what is the fundamental difference between these cases and what Polarix did? I can agree to not put the Nazi flag in my levels out of respect but I want to understand the logic at least.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Wanna understand the logic? Using the symbol of slaughter of millions of people as a joke is disrespectful to say the least.
iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

kuchitsu wrote: 25 Mar 2018, 22:50
Your questions are good imo. Your questions suggest me that you have no idea about how these things going in the west. I'm afraid it's too complicated to explain correctly. I don't have that much knowledge either, but I would say: yes, they are afraid of it. Yes, they feel threatened. Zero tolerance. Not even a joke about it as pawq said.

Somebody called my level n_gger and g_y the other day. I can't deny that I was a bit disappointed that he didn't like my level, but I didn't feel offended at all. If that is his style... let him to write it in the chat. Maybe he wanted to play a good hoyla and he got a long, 60 min lev instead and he got annoyed. Sometimes I feel the same, still I wouldn't use such words to express my annoyment. Usually I don't use any word in that case :D I try to remain tolerant.
Banning words doesn't seem to be reasonable, because today n_gger and g_y, tomorrow f_ck and sh_t and so on? Who decides which words are inappropriate in our community? Would we really feel better with such restrictions??
pawq wrote: 25 Mar 2018, 23:52Using the symbol of slaughter of millions of people as a joke is disrespectful to say the least.
Repeating again: it's one of the most sacred symbols ever, the swastika, symbol of the structure of the timespace at a certain phase during its birth (still used in many places in the world, and it is a legal kanji in Japan, amiright kuchitsu? :D :D ), regrettably stolen by H_tler and used for his corporate identity. I don't want to defend him at all, on the contrary. Just good to know imo.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

agree with kuchitsu
people complaining the most have a picture of che guevara on their t-shit
[carebox]