Elasto Mania II is apparently out

General discussions related to the official Elasto Mania 2 game and the iOS version.

Moderator: Moporators

8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Elasto Mania II is apparently out

Post by 8-ball »

I'm not sure if anyone noticed it already but the iOS version of Elma seems to have been repackaged and released as "Elasto Mania II" on elastomania.com. It includes the same old editor but with a few new features (of course limited in shareware version) that we've had in third party editors for a while now but also with some features specific for the new level format that includes switches, teleports and such.

I'm not yet sure I wanna buy the full version. The new level format is interesting to experiment with in editor but the physics seem absolutely fucked.

E2OL when?
39:37,91
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Re: Elasto Mania II is apparently out

Post by bene »

i bought it :bear: and also bought elma :bear:
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

If someone extracts graphics I'll make an Elma 1 lgr.
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Lee wrote:If someone extracts graphics I'll make an Elma 1 lgr.
Sorry.
readme.rtf wrote:No portion of this software may be disassembled, reverse engineered, decompiled, modified or altered.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Can we please just ignore this and proceed with our elma lives as normal?

Edit: oh wait it's not online, so it takes us back more than 10 years :D nvm this whole thing imo
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

Despite our frustration I don't think we should just ignore this game since it is now the official Elastomania 2.

Maybe Balazs will listen to our feedback about the problems if enough people actually buy and support the game. Who knows.

Also, our own Elma 2 project should be named differently! We never really had the right to call it that but now it would be very wrong.
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Zero wrote: Also, our own Elma 2 project should be named differently! We never really had the right to call it that but now it would be very wrong.
Smilma, Smelma, Smibulma, Elma Online 2, Elma 3, Elastofubalazsmania
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

danitah wrote:Smilma, Smelma, Smibulma, Elma Online 2, Elma 3, Elastofubalazsmania
EOL2 would be good :)
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

I'd suggest something like OpenElma. Because free and open source (kind of), you know.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

I'd vote for EOL2, but OpenElma kinda works too =)

Zero:
To make it actually competitive with the current EOL it would require hundreds and hundreds of hours of coding to make it online and have all the amazing features that EOL currently has. The hundreds of hours of coding that milagros and Smibu have already done. So why push for it again? Bearing in mind how responsive and cooperative Balazs has been so far (not), I think it would be extremely dangerous for our community to rely on him. The chances for having all the features we want + continuous support + feedback response in Elma II are virtually 0 in my very honest opinion. For me it's the equivalent of Elma iOS (or xmoto for that matter) - some other silly elma wannabe that isn't nearly as good as the game we all love.
veezay
Kuski
Team: rotaplask

Post by veezay »

ignoring the obviously horribléu physics, i have höyled teh Pack A Level 4 for a few hours now. it's surprisingly enjoyable once you accept that you're not playing elma, although at times i wish the bike did something i was intending. anyway, my pr on it 37.92, pls don't beat.
Prestigious member of 6.58 Tutor01 club
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club

<ville_j> in addition to ""njoygin"""" footblay i ma """"""""enojying"" rap usic
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

veezay wrote: it's surprisingly enjoyable once you accept that you're not playing elma, although at times i wish the bike did something i was intending. anyway, my pr on it 37.92, pls don't beat.
Pure gold!
Looking forward to come home tonight and play it!
Elasto Mania - ez better
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

http://elastomania.com/packs_win_new.html

EXTERNAL PACK BY CSABA!

OMG OMG!
Elasto Mania - ez better
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

oOk. I know many ppl solved alovolt for across, I would assume elma 2 dont have alovolt as default (as I assume it has supervolt, but talk about dif physics make we wonder) so it would be awesome if someome fixes this and post solution here for everyone to enjoy!
Elasto Mania - ez better
balazs15
Creator of Elasto Mania

Post by balazs15 »

I know these versions I release disappoint you and I'm sorry for that. I'm not good at making good times on the levels. When I played with the first experimental versions of the game, what I enjoyed was the movement of the bike, making small moves, jumps and flips and for me it was not about making good times. My fun in the game was to explore the levels and find the ways how you can complete it. I know other players enjoy making good times and I really admire all of you who can go these incredibly fast plays.

After the 2000 release of the game I was thinking about what changes I could make to the game to make it better. I experimented with a lot of things like the biker can change the level by exploding parts of it or shooting multiplayer mode, but by far the best addition I felt was the addition of doors, elevators, cards and switches. I played a lot of Doom in the old days and I think the idea of cards and switches came from that game. I was experimenting with the physics of the bike too, why release a new version if I do not put changes into it. Actually I like the new physics of the bike much better than the old one if I try it some time. It is unfortunate that it seems it is only me who prefers the new physics over the old one. In connection with doors and elevators I had a feeling that levels with doors might be a problem in regard of playing to achieve good times as you have to wait for doors to open and have to wait for elevators to get to their destination but overall I thought it is a good decision to include them into the levels.

Some explanation about the new versions: I made the iOS version mainly because after a while almost all the change requests I received were to make a mobile version. So I released an iOS version planning that I will add new things later to the game like android support, multiplayer, editor. But after that release I did not have the time to work on the game and the iOS version was not successful and I did not work on the game. Even before the release of the iOS version it was varying how much time I spent on working on the game. But now I had the new editor in the Windows version and I thought that it is not too much work to release it so that people can create levels with doors and elevators if they want to. And of course people with Windows machines can play the game too. So now I released the new version for Windows despite of the fact that it is almost identical to the iOS version. And though it has the same internal levels, you can play on some additional levels because you can download Csaba's levels from our internet site and play on them.

And I'm sorry for removing alovolt or similar things from the game. I always knew there were some errors in the game engine and still are. When I saw some replays with some strange tricks I told to myself there are some apparently big errors in the game and after that time I kept trying to fix these errors when I was working on the game engine. After the release of the iOS version I received complaints about the change of the physics, so when I was preparing the new Windows version for release I tried to figure out what I should restore to the old version so that I could make the option into the game to use some tricks that were possible with the old version. But I could not figure that out.
veezay
Kuski

Post by veezay »

i feel like elma2 is just a curiosity with its weird unnatural physics, so any effort to add/fix features found in original elma or eol is just a waste of time. rather add moving polygons to smellma/eol2 since they can obviously add something pretty interesting if used with taste (and i know there does exist people with taste in the current eol community, so all would nat be lost).

<ville_j> in addition to ""njoygin"""" footblay i ma """"""""enojying"" rap usic
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

I couldn't get AHK (autohotkey) to send left and right volt in the same frame to generate an alovolt.

Maybe someone proficient in AHK could try it and publish the script.
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

A game about exploration is not going to keep anyone interested for any longer period. What has kept me interested in elma for most of the past 15+ years is how you can always find some way to do a level faster, playing competitively against others, the physics just feels so perfect, and the community. The fact is even a tiny change to the physics is going to ruin the game for most of us. If the goal is to make a successor to elma and have the community adapt it, you pretty much have to work with someone in the community, there are just certain things that are essential to have before we would adapt it.

Not sure why moving doors and elevators would ruin the experience of playing for best times. A door could be mechanical and it could be a challenge to try getting through it while there is only a small opening. Or it could just open instantly and it wouldn't make a difference. For elevators the same could often apply, it could be a challenge to try jumping off as soon as possible, and one idea might be adding a new button to make the elevator go faster while you stand on it.
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

danitah wrote:For elevators the same could often apply, it could be a challenge to try jumping off as soon as possible
Start zweqspinning while waiting for the elevator to go up to climb the wall in the earliest possible moment!!!

I'm confused about one thing: Is there still alovolt in Elma 2?
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

danitah wrote:The fact is even a tiny change to the physics is going to ruin the game for most of us.
Or make it even better if the correct changes are made like an effort to fix bug bounces or bug pops.
balazs15
Creator of Elasto Mania

Post by balazs15 »

danitah wrote:Not sure why moving doors and elevators would ruin the experience of playing for best times.
It is quite possible I am wrong. When I put doors into levels, many times I had the feeling that they could block the game play to some extent if you are going faster than normal speed.
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

When I played with the first experimental versions of the game, what I enjoyed was the movement of the bike, making small moves, jumps and flips and for me it was not about making good times. My fun in the game was to explore the levels and find the ways how you can complete it.
Same here. This way to play Elma is also still progressing, with hard first finish levs. But I guess you mean to say this game was made for casual players, not those who keep pushing the limits for 20 years.

This community loves the original game and just needs features around it. This release is kind of the opposite of that; handling is very different and it's missing basic features from 15 years ago. So I guess we're not the target audience. Triggers and moving polygons are very cool though.
balazs15 wrote:
danitah wrote:Not sure why moving doors and elevators would ruin the experience of playing for best times.
It is quite possible I am wrong. When I put doors into levels, many times I had the feeling that they could block the game play to some extent if you are going faster than normal speed.
I don't think waiting for a door is a problem for speedrunning. It can actually result in some cool styles since you have this waiting time to gather as much speed as you can.

Good luck with this sequel in a more casual market.
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Schumi
39mins club

Post by Schumi »

Balázs: is it somehow possible to extract the levels and make them playable (even without any objects) in 2000s version?
Elasto Mania - 34:22.20 | #416 - 12. April 2021
Ancient Internals
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Schumi wrote:Balázs: is it somehow possible to extract the levels and make them playable (even without any objects) in 2000s version?
Lets everyone buy Elma 2. Balazs and Csaba deserves it!

I am stoked as fuck to get home from work and try it out.
Elasto Mania - ez better
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

WTF CRAZY! FINALLY
although what will prob happen to eol is pretty sad
hi im arzenik :>
elmzuke.lev is the greatest piece of art ever created
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

TGR wrote:WTF CRAZY! FINALLY
Nothing will happen to it.
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

8-ball wrote:
TGR wrote:WTF CRAZY! FINALLY
Nothing will happen to it.
well prob later we get used to this...thing and we make eol2 and sach
kinda what happened to acrose when elma came out
balazs15
Creator of Elasto Mania

Post by balazs15 »

Lousku wrote:
This release is kind of the opposite of that; handling is very different and it's missing basic features from 15 years ago. So I guess we're not the target audience.
When I released the iOS version I knew it was useless for you hardcore players. In my experience the community is quite different from normal players I know. In Hungary some times I met people who played the game and liked it. But they usually told me the game was too hard. And to tell you the truth, even for me, who played a lot for testing, most of the levels I received from players were extremely hard. So before the release of the iOS version I tested the game many times with friends who did not play the game previously. I tried to make it so that normal players can play it well. So the too main goals I had was to put new changes to the game (like new physics and doors) and to make it easier to play. You say it right, you are not my target audience :( But I think you don't really need a new version at least not a version which I was trying to make.
balazs15
Creator of Elasto Mania

Post by balazs15 »

Schumi wrote:Balázs: is it somehow possible to extract the levels and make them playable (even without any objects) in 2000s version?
I did not even try to do such a thing. The levels in the new version do not match the physics of the old version.

When I did the opposite thing, loaded old levels into the new game, they were practically unplayable.
veezay
Kuski

Post by veezay »

balazs15 wrote:When I did the opposite thing, loaded old levels into the new game, they were practically unplayable.
you do know that sounds like a fun challenge to some of us?

ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

So,I tried it. Nice gameplay elements and graphics, strange physics and sounds. You should make new head sprite, make some externals available in shareware version, make obstacle moving faster and such small things. Pretty nice you returned and made this thing which was considered mostly dead in our hopes for many years.
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

Bugs:

If you go to replay from the main menu and press arrow down you get internal error <Ugyeben!> <iuihuiui>. I have one rec saved.
Finished external levels doesn't show my best time in top left corner. It shows the default 88:88:88
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

TGR: it's extremely unlikely that Balazs' new Elma 2 will replace our EOL. It is more likely that continued development on Smibu's updated version of EOL will eventually (and hopefully) allow it to replace EOL.

Balazs: thank you very much for taking the time to explain the new game and the motives behind it to our community, I can clearly see that the community appreciates your input. Unfortunately, as has previously been explained, we are most likely not the target audience for the new release, so for us things will probably keep going as normal. Nevertheless, thank you for your time and consideration, and all the best!
Schumi
39mins club

Post by Schumi »

balazs15 wrote:
I did not even try to do such a thing. The levels in the new version do not match the physics of the old version.

When I did the opposite thing, loaded old levels into the new game, they were practically unplayable.
Ah oke. Anyways, even if the levels are not portable it would be nice to see an official level pack for the originial version as well. (Maybe 10 or 20 quality levels would be awesome from you and Csaba, believe me).

By the way, I totally understand that you tried to target a broader set of people with v2, yet I also believe it is highly valued and must be much appreciated that after 20 years you still care about this game, because it is technically 20 years old now.
On the other hand, being part of this community since 2001, I think they may felt like abandoned sometimes after releasing Elasto Mania 1.11a, but of course - and I must highlight that - you have NEVER owed for us with anything, and we do NOT have the right to critice you for anything.
Therefore I am telling you that any effort regarding the old version would make this community happy.

Probably the LGR can be ported to the old version, and the level pack is also a good idea, but who am I to ask for anything.

Thank you for coming here, and explaning you motivatons.

I ask you to watch this rec please, and you'll understand: http://www.recsource.tv/r/sumoigaxzf

Everything what Elasto Mania means to us is included in this replay. The site itself, the styles, every effort, millions of hours of playing, the people, whose life you have change forever.... Everything that we achieved during the 2 decades it reflects. Please keep that in mind :)
Ancient Internals
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Hello Balazs!

It is really interesting to hear your thoughts about all this. Most importantly, it is awesome that you are still active and showing interest in developing the game. But let me share some of my own thoughts as well. First of all, thank you for programming this game in the first place, it is really awesome and its physics are simply magnificient, they are so elegant and beautiful. Trust me, I am a physicist. :P Yes, there are obvious violations to the actual laws of physics and errors in the game engine, but all these oddities in fact just make the game mechanics much richer with an expections of bugbounces (not normal bounces, bugbounces) pointed out by bene. Of course they were unintended, but so what? There are countless examples of Nobel prizes that are awarded to research found by a fortunate accident or found in an attempt of proving the hypothesis wrong. The end result matters and the game mechanics of your game are in my opinion the best among any game where the point is to move within a level (car games, other vechile games, platform games, etc.). It is incredible - I could think of so many ways of programming the game engine differently or just having different values for some parameters and the game would be so much worse, something cool would not be possible anymore. It is like the laws of physics - they are awesome as they are and just changing few small things might make for instance chemistry (chemical bonding) impossible and the universe would be way more boring.

In my opinion Elma is an important piece of history of gaming in general (even though relatively few people have ever played it). All this is why I would love to see Elma becoming popular again and I am very happy of seeing you active in developing the game. Like most people here, I for sure disagree with how you are doing it. First of all, the beautiful physics should not be touched. They are fine for casual players as well. The original Across and Elma were very popular around 2000's, so the bike is not too difficult to control in basic levels. For casual players just finishing the 54 internal levels was a fun challenge with high, but not too high, difficulty level, and it still is. In my opinion as a first step just getting roughly something like the current multiplayer Elma onine with an addition of moving platforms and switches to Steam would suffice. I and rest of the community have really much improvement ideas on top of that. We as a community have already made huge amount of work towards this and we would love to help if you would agree with us, but if you want to do everything by yourself, we would hugely appreciate if you were open for suggestions and ideas. :)

Best regards,
nick-o-matic
Last edited by nick-o-matic on 13 Dec 2017, 20:05, edited 6 times in total.
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

I recorded some gameplay from the shareware version for those who are interested: https://youtu.be/RjfUBi7G2EA

I think the new elements are good, many interesting spots in these levs where you wonder what is the fastest way to go through them. B-3 start is a good example, I wonder what is the fastest way to get over that moving platform in start.

The biggest problem with the game in my opinion are volts: It's hard to build spin speed, and also very disorienting and hard to plan, generally just feels very weird.

As lousku says we don't just play elma to get the best time, it's also very popular with hard levels where the challenge is to simply finish the level. A lot of people in the community like to just casually finish levels too.

Still love you Balazs and it's very nice of you to come here and talk to us directly!

(btw, should be clarified that the replay posted above is tool-assisted)
Schumi
39mins club

Post by Schumi »

For some reason I feel like quoting the (almost) forgotten words of MUe (designer of 46. Bowling), to stand here for posterity.

Code: Select all

Az elma nem egy játék.
Az elma nem egy sport.
Az elma egy művészet, amely egyben életstílus.
Az elma egy tánc.
Tánc a levegővel, a földdel és az energiával.

Magyar Máté, alias MUe

--------------------------------------------------------

Elma isn't just a game.
Elma isn't just a sport.
Elma is an art, which is also a lifestyle at the same time.
Elma is a dance.
Dance with the air, ground and with the energy.

Magyar Máté, alias MUe

Ancient Internals
balazs15
Creator of Elasto Mania

Post by balazs15 »

veezay wrote:you do know that sounds like a fun challenge to some of us?
:)
TGR wrote:So,I tried it. Nice gameplay elements and graphics, strange physics and sounds. You should make new head sprite, make some externals available in shareware version, make obstacle moving faster and such small things. Pretty nice you returned and made this thing which was considered mostly dead in our hopes for many years.
Thanks!
bene wrote:Bugs: If you go to replay from the main menu and press arrow down you get internal error <Ugyeben!> <iuihuiui>. I have one rec saved.
Finished external levels doesn't show my best time in top left corner. It shows the default 88:88:88
Thanks for the bug report!

Unfortunately I do not collect the best times for an external level in the lev file. Instead the game displays the time achieved by the rec file if the level was successfully completed.
pawq wrote:Balazs: thank you very much for taking the time to explain the new game and the motives behind it to our community, I can clearly see that the community appreciates your input. Unfortunately, as has previously been explained, we are most likely not the target audience for the new release, so for us things will probably keep going as normal. Nevertheless, thank you for your time and consideration, and all the best!
Thank you!
Schumi wrote:I ask you to watch this rec please, and you'll understand: http://www.recsource.tv/r/sumoigaxzf

Everything what Elasto Mania means to us is included in this replay. The site itself, the styles, every effort, millions of hours of playing, the people, whose life you have change forever.... Everything that we achieved during the 2 decades it reflects. Please keep that in mind :)
Thank you!

Incredible rec as always. I would be sure this is some cheating if I didn't know it is not.
nick-o-matic wrote:For casual players just finishing the 54 internal levels was a fun challenge with high, but not too high, difficulty level, and it still is.
I hardly dare to say that for me some of the internal levels are impossible to complete. I surely remember that one level which was made by Mue is impossible for me and I think there are a few other levels which are near to impossible.
nick-o-matic wrote: In my opinion as a first step just getting roughly something like the current multiplayer Elma onine with an addition of moving platforms and switches to Steam would suffice. I and rest of the community have really much improvement ideas on top of that. We as a community have already made huge amount of work towards this and we would love to help if you would agree with us, but if you want to do everything by yourself, we would hugely appreciate if you were open for suggestions and ideas. :)
I don't know how my life will go and when I will have the time to work on the game. In the past I spent different amount of times at different times in my life on working on the game.
danitah wrote:I recorded some gameplay from the shareware version for those who are interested: https://youtu.be/RjfUBi7G2EA
I did not watched the whole video, but at 24:58 I see you eating the apple in a way I tried to make sure was not possible. I should have thought.
Schumi wrote:For some reason I feel like quoting the (almost) forgotten words of MUe
Just as some interesting info, I have been working for Mue for about two years now.

Thank you for all the kind words which I did not quote!
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

balazs15 wrote: Incredible rec as always. I would be sure this is some cheating if I didn't know it is not.
It is a cheated rec, which should have been clarified earlier probably. I think what Schumi meant to show you is how far we have gotten with our understanding of the game. Just to be clear driving like that is probably impossible for a human in a legit run.
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

danitah wrote:It is a cheated rec, which should have been clarified earlier probably.
What should also be clarified is that basically the only cheat used is to save and load mid ride. Someone still drove that rec, it's no other cheats to alter the game. It's theoretically possible to drive it. Just highly unlikely.

And there is like a handful of players that can drive such a run with cheats.
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

balazs15 wrote: When I released the iOS version I knew it was useless for you hardcore players.
It's not useless. It's a good mobile game. We probably also took many apples in ways that were not intended. Many recs here (wr recs made on mobile):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
AndrY
38mins club
Team: .lev

Post by AndrY »

Very cool! And special thanks for new old-styled Editor:))

But imo VERY need to correct it:

1) need center camera
2) need unmoving screen when volt

i hope it will be in elma 2.1)

-------------------------------------------------------------
edit: for me, the best variant is to save physics(imo everybody will agree) and graphics from elma1.3 and add there moving objects only
My levs and other Elma things: sites.google.com/view/elma-andry + youtube
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

danitah wrote:It is a cheated rec
Hardly! Saveload is now a default feature in Elma 2. =)
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

bene wrote:
I'm confused about one thing: Is there still alovolt in Elma 2?
I did alovolt many times by hitting left and right at the same time. Sometimes it works and sometimes not, so it's basically the same crap as in 2002 -_-

One 'bug' that I noticed and hasn't yet been mentioned I think: if I enter lev while holding left or right volt, I will instantly be in the position I would be in when the volt animation finishes. I can make a video later if needed.
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

Zweq wrote: One 'bug' that I noticed and hasn't yet been mentioned I think: if I enter lev while holding left or right volt, I will instantly be in the position I would be in when the volt animation finishes. I can make a video later if needed.
Oh yeah I also noticed this and forgot to mention it. Actually I tried to abuse it to drive faster :D
balazs15
Creator of Elasto Mania

Post by balazs15 »

bene wrote:It's theoretically possible to drive it. Just highly unlikely.
Incredible plays anyway!
ribot wrote:It's not useless. It's a good mobile game. We probably also took many apples in ways that were not intended. Many recs here (wr recs made on mobile):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
These recs are cool! I don't see bonus helmet times, I would have thought the normal levels were too simple for competition.
AndrY wrote:2) need unmoving screen when volt
By moving screen do you mean the biker going from left-right to right for example when the biker turns?
Schumi
39mins club

Post by Schumi »

Balázs: I suggest to download EOL. You can then check eolconf.exe to see which feature would be useful for the game.
Ancient Internals
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

I tested the game out for a while yesterday and I would like to thank You for making it available. I was interested in the iOS version but I do not have an iOS device to play that version.

The switches/doors/elevators/moving polygons are really cool and if this was an addition without the changes to the physics it would be huge. I probably wouldn't mind some changes to the physics for a new version of the game but the volts do not feel good at all in Elasto Mania II.
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Centered camera (player is always in center, and no camera movement when you press space) and alovolt button would be the two most essential improvements for me. I don't think nearly all of the eol config options are essential.
balazs15 wrote: These recs are cool! I don't see bonus helmet times, I would have thought the normal levels were too simple for competition.
This is part of the beauty of elma. Even the most simple looking levels will have infinite replayability because there is always some small thing you can improve.
balazs15 wrote: By moving screen do you mean the biker going from left-right to right for example when the biker turns?
By volts we mean pressing left\right buttons to make the bike spin. It feels like there is some extra camera effect added, like a small nudge or something when you do that? This makes it feels kind of disorienting.

edit: Also saving times in external levels is an essential feature in my opinion.
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

nice game me like
balazs15 wrote:By moving screen do you mean the biker going from left-right to right for example when the biker turns?
he doesnt mean turning, but rotating the bike. i think the issue is something like that the camera seems to not be locked close to where the center of mass of the player is, which makes the camera move around when you spin. i guess its a litle complicated since the wheels and head will affect where the center is but in the original elma its much less apparent, can only see it if spinning very fast
status:ONLINE - - -  drinking:GOFE - - - iq:85 - - - elasto mania ranking:#1