FEM 2018: Thu 12.7./Fri 13.7. - Fri 20.7.!

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

nick-o-matic
Kuski

FEM 2018: Thu 12.7./Fri 13.7. - Fri 20.7.!

Post by nick-o-matic »

After the doodle poll and other discussion about the dates, the Virri farm has been reserved from Friday 13.7. to Friday 20.7.!

What is it like in FEM?

To see it perhaps the best way is to check the pictures of previous FEMs, kindly provided to us by Markku:
http://mm.1g.fi/kuvat/FEM2014/
http://mm.1g.fi/kuvat/FEM2015/
http://mm.1g.fi/kuvat/FEM2016/
http://mm.1g.fi/kuvat/FEM2017/

The finance part

The cabin rent will cost 1200€ and end cleaning will be included. I will tell here when I have calculated appropriate attendance prices but for now it looks like it will be a bit more expensive than last year, but still cheap.

The reservation has been done directly from Cabin Lady instead from the Lomarengas cabin renting site. This means that Lomarengas gets 0€ from our reservations but also Lomarengas does not provide any insurances. This has been like this after the first year, after which Cabin Lady considered us so trustworthy that it can be done. =) We pay about the same price that would be the price when using Lomarengas though, but that is because we will have 20-30 persons there instead of officially allowed 10. Anyway, due to lack of insurances please be extra careful in not burning the house down.

Who is coming?

Here I will try to update a lists of people possibly coming. The splitting to different categories is quite rough. "(?)" means that I'm just guessing the category. Please tell me if you should be moved to another list or added/removed altogether, most importantly please verify as soon as possible when it is a sure thing that you are coming (excluding sicknesses and other unexpected events). When you confirm that you are comping please also tell how many days you are going to spend there (it helps in deciding the attendance prices).

High chances (confirmed if bold):
  • Abula Image (1-4 nights)
  • adi Image (full time)
  • bene Image (full time)
  • Boomer Image (5 nights)
  • csorfab Image (2 nights)
  • epp Image (nearly full time)
  • FinMan Image (5 nights - full time)
  • Honza Image (full time)
  • ILKKA Image (full time)
  • insane guy Image (4 nights)
  • Ismo Image (2 nights)
  • jonharkulsykkel Image (nearly full time)
  • Lousku Image (full time)
  • Markku Image (full time)
  • Mats Image (full time)
  • Nekit Image (full time)
  • nick-o-matic Image (full time)
  • Orcc Image (weekend)
  • Pawq Image (full time)
  • Polarix Image (full time)
  • Ramone Image (5 nights)
  • roope Image (weekend + 0-2 nights)
  • Ruben Image (full time)
  • Sick_Mambo Image (full time)
  • Spef Image (5 nights)
  • Stini Image (weekend + 0-2 nights)
  • terb0 Image (5 nights - full time)
  • Tisk Image (weekend)
  • veezay Image (+ Antti Image) (full time)
  • zebra Image (4-5 nights)
  • Zero Image (as full time as poss)
  • Zweq Image (5 nights - full time)
Medium chances:
  • axxu Image (?)
  • dz Image (?)
  • farnsworth Image
  • Harald Hasch Image (???)
  • igge Image (?)
  • Kiiwi Image (?)
  • Kortsu Image (?)
  • talli Image
  • Smibu Image
  • Tigro Image
  • vender Image (?)
Slim chances:
  • Bjenn Image
  • Frostidllo Image
  • Hosp Image
  • jblaze Image
  • Kopaka Image
  • Olliz Image
  • Ville_J Image
  • Xarthok Image

I have no idea - probably not:
  • anpdad Image
  • BarTek Image
  • Bludek Image
  • Koo Image
  • jamppa Image
  • Juzam Image
  • Luther Image
  • milagros Image
  • Mira Image
  • Quantz Image
  • Rast Image
  • ramses Image
How to get there?

it's very poss to get to FEM from any of the three major cities (Tampere, Turku and Helsinki).

Some train and bus prices from last year (I will maybe update these later):

Helsinki-Tampere
Onnibus: 1€ - 3.5€
Norm bus: 21.5€ - 27€
Train: 9.9€

Helsinki-Vammala
Norm bus: 30€
Train: 12.8€

Tampere-Vammala
Norm bus: 10€
Train: 3.8€

Turku-Vammala
Norm bus: 10€
Train: 15.50€ - 21.60€

Turku-Tampere
Onnibus: 1€-3€

The sites from where you can book these tickets:
Norm bus: https://www.matkahuolto.fi/en/
Onnibus: http://www.onnibus.com/en/index.htm
Train: https://www.vr.fi/cs/vr/en/frontpage

Locations of bus and train stations, airports and harbours in these main cities (there are cheap ferries travelling to Helsinki and Turku from many different countries):

Bus- and trainstation, harbours and airport of Helsinki.
Bus- and trainstation and airport of Tampere.
Bus- and trainstation, harbour and airport of Turku.

It is enough if you manage to get yourself to Sastamala/Vammala. Someone can ez get you from there.

Also there will be much traffic through Tampere, so someone can very possibly get you from there as well. Also few mans will most likely drive to FEM from Helsinki and Turku as well.

Finally, here is a map of the venue itself and some notes. In case you arrive there when the prev mans still are there, please drive to the pond sauna instead of the house.

What is needed?
  • Bedsheets. Or sleeping bag and a pillow cover. Cabin lady is really strict about this. They are needed even if you use the provided extra mattresses. Last year some pillow had some stains and Cabin Lady did not like that.
  • If you sleep on the extra mattresses, also own pillow and blanket/sleeping bag are required.
  • Extra computers for those that can't take one with them.
  • Ethernet and power cables etc to allow everyone to have internet. Also all kind of miscellaneous computer stuff is most likely useful.
  • 3G/4G mobile internet stick for the router.
  • Stuff for prizes for competitions.
What is not needed?

These things will be already there thanks to kindness of Cabin Lady:
  • Internet things like router and antennas. However, as already listed above, a 3G/4G internet stick for the router is needed. Smibu is bringing one but it is always good to have more just in case.
  • A projector.
  • Mattresses. There are plenty of extra mattresses. But they need bedsheets or sleeping bag as it is not allowed to sleep on a bare mattress.
Also here's a general specsheet of the cabin:
  • Dishwasher
  • Cloth washing machine. Last years it has not been used much. We are paying for it so please take advantage of it!
  • Very good selection of cookware (several pots and frying pans and so on). You don't have to bring this kind of things.
  • Two fridges, one freezer. Also drinks can be stored in a ground cellar.
  • Several saunas: one in the main house (electric sauna), one at the pond (wooden sauna, this is the preferred sauna to be used) and also a smoke sauna at the pond (this would cost extra, but we have had such policy that we can use it after the owners have used it if it still has some heat left)
Is there going to be some rules or other kind of boring stuff?

Yes. FEM is a big community for one week, and as a by-product of fun fun fun there are also plenty of tasks that need to be done to keep things rolling and the place in non-chaotic condition. Most improtantly:
  • Please recycle - there will be own bins for norm waste, cardboard, biowaste, metal and glass. Also bottles and cans worth deposit money will be and as per tradition, they will be returned to the shop and obtained funds will be used as cabin rent money.
  • Please contribute to keeping the place organized. This includes
    • taking the trash out
    • emptying the dishwasher
    • making the dishes
    • keeping the fridge organized (There has been some problems with the fridge space during the last two years. So please try to use fridge space reasonably and organizedly. Drinks can be stored in an outside ground cellar. It's not as cool as fridge but you can take some drinks from the ground cellar to the fridge or freezer shortly before you use them. Also when you leave make sure that you are not leaving anything to the fridges, or if you do, please make sure everyone know that those items are for everyone)
    • all other kind of miscellaneous cleaning and organizing of the place
  • Please dont eat anything in the beds
  • Please contribute to end cleaning before you leave - even though the actual cleaning part of the end cleaning is included for the rent, we have to take out all the trash, make dishes and also in general leave the cabin in non-horrible and organized condition. In each FEM the biggest problem has been that at the end there are massive amounts of trash and dishes everywhere and unlabeled food items in the fridges which means hours of work for the last mans standing. So when you leave please take some trashes out and/or do dishes and make sure you are not leaving any unlabeled food items in the fridges. If you don't want to take some foods with you please donate them for common good or throw them away.
  • Please take all the blankets and pillows out to the fresh air for a while before you leave unless someone else is coming to sleep there! Only if it rains or if you have not been using one of the real beds, this isn't of course required. After that you can just please leave them on the bed instead of making the bed.
  • If you use the laundry machine, please ask others if they want to put something to there as well.
Other ways to contribute include:
  • Returning the empty bottles and cans to the supermarket and giving the €€€ to me (for FEM-money)
  • Boiling some cofe if there's no cofe left
  • Making common food
  • Taking care of warming the wood sauna
  • Most importantly: contributing to the program and competitions or at least making battles for EOL if there isn't anything else going on - the meeting is about Elasto Mania after all =)
Where can I sleep?

In summary there are:
  • 7 premium-quality beds in the main house and one really small one.
  • One small room with an extendable bed (enough for 1-3 mans depending on how close you are)
  • 3 beds in a granary. This option was quite cold previous year, but now the hope is that the nights are warmer as it's July.
  • More than enough extra mattresses that can be scattered anywhere.
All of these options strictly require bedsheets. And extra mattresses also require own pillow and blanket/sleeping bag. You can also sleep in your own tent or car as few people have done. Or in rocking chair/sofa/plain floor/... xd

When can we come and when we have to leave?

Officially our rent begins on Friday 13.7. at 16:00 but in practice it has always been okay to arrive earlier. In practice we can arrive as soon as the previous mans leave, which is at latest 12:00 on Friday. But even Thursday is possible if they are gone by then, as has happened some years. Our rent ends at 12:00 on Friday 20.7. but in practice we can stay there until 16:00 when the next mans arrive. Especially if we help Cabin Lady in cleaning and re-arranging the tables before the arrival of next tenants. :)

Old opening post:
Dear all,

It is once again time to figure out the FEM dates. In fact the proper time already was a while ago as the Virri farm calendar is being rapidly filled (I'm very sorry about the delay), but it's better now than never:

https://doodle.com/poll/ndb38gprx39xknqm (link fixed)

I did set the available dates around July because based on tentative renaults August was not okay for pretty many people. As per usual, you can put yellow for maybe-dates. You can also just message me or write to the topic if it is easier, so if all the dates will be ok you will not have to check all of the boxes. =)
Last edited by nick-o-matic on 11 Jul 2018, 17:00, edited 31 times in total.
ile
Kuski

Re: FEM 2018: ??? -???

Post by ile »

Also, Inspired by zweq I want to hold a running/jogging/walking first finish irl battle. Not sure about what would be a good distance, but preferably long distance. 5KM Suggested.
Last edited by ile on 16 Feb 2018, 09:55, edited 3 times in total.
Frostidllo
Kuski

Post by Frostidllo »

ile wrote: 16 Feb 2018, 05:08 Also, Inspired by zweq I want to hold a running/jogging/walking first finish irl battle.
It was gxx who asked Zweq about his time on 10km and me who suggested some kind of elma+running battle
First thoughts were:
All start a speedrun at the same time, once finish AH, you start your 10km run, first finish wins.
I did some math with totaltimes and 10k times.
Zweq: 35 + 56 = 91 mins
Me: 53 + 42 = 95 mins

Shortened version suggested by jblaze: finish int1-int6 + 800m run
Or by me: warm up + 100m run.
Little bit unrelated but if mans interested i can do new topic for that (should we call it elma duathlon?)
<finman> really great to see dildo speedrun7
<finman> because it's not all about doing 40.xx tt first try
<finman> its also about finding own limits osv
<finman> and ihope others follow
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Correct doodle url for voting: https://doodle.com/poll/ndb38gprx39xknqm

The one nom posted is for editing.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

many days - full time, 99% (1% coms from posibility of getting sick or accident or DIE)
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

many days - full time, 99% (1% coms from posibility of getting sick or accident or DIE)
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

I have now responded. If confirmed between Jun 28th and Jul 8th I will book flights pretty quick. Otherwise, I check with decided date and see what I can do. ;)
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

voted if it is june 28th to july 6th im 100% not coming
FinMan
36mins club

Post by FinMan »

If bene does not go my motivation goes down by truckload of :bear:s

k
Tisk
Donator duck

Post by Tisk »

I will try to come for a few days if family obligations permit. Will only find out right before...
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

I'm pretty sure I will join :D
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
farnsworth
Kuski

Post by farnsworth »

Even tho i'm pretty unknown, would it be okay to show up on bicycle from unknown shores and say hello to worldofrealmans for a day or two?:)

promise ill cycle with an elma shirt on all the way!
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

farnsworth wrote: 19 Feb 2018, 13:32 Even tho i'm pretty unknown, would it be okay to show up on bicycle from unknown shores and say hello to worldofrealmans for a day or two?:)
Wat you're farnsworth the cool guy in eol ofc welcome
farnsworth wrote: 19 Feb 2018, 13:32 promise ill cycle with an elma shirt on all the way!
Amazing :bear:
ile
Kuski

Post by ile »

farnsworth wrote: 19 Feb 2018, 13:32 promise ill cycle with an elma shirt on all the way!
:bear: :beer:
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

farnsworth wrote: 19 Feb 2018, 13:32 Even tho i'm pretty unknown, would it be okay to show up on bicycle from unknown shores and say hello to worldofrealmans for a day or two?:)

promise ill cycle with an elma shirt on all the way!
Would be amazing to see you! :D!
farnsworth
Kuski

Post by farnsworth »

cool all ty! route planning started!
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Anybody from CZE/SVK planning on going?
Bludek/Mira/Frostidllo/hehe/culinko/milagros?
I though I could go if someone else was going from here.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

I'm also hoping that more PL/CZ/SVK mans will come this time! But I think you should come either way Tigro, the trip is very short compared to the week of awesomeness at the cabin ;)
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

It looks like it will be either 6.-13. or 13.-20.7.. Exact decision will be made soon!

There has been considerations in having the FEM in our onion farm in Parikkala perhaps even this year, which would be a welcomed and refreshing change as at least some people are a bit bored with the same old place. But due to several reasons we will most likely just have it in Virri for the final time (more is not possible anyway because Cabin Lady will stop renting Virri) and then in Parikkala 2019 onwards.

Omg awesome farnsworth! Would you really come with bicycle? And why would you not stay for longer than just a couple of days? :D

Also omg awesome Tigro! As far as I know, Frostidllo is very possibly coming (depending on the dates) and even milagros possibly, Bludek is low chance according to him.

Sunl: it is possible to find pretty cheap tickets to Europe if you reserve them early ;)
Frostidllo
Kuski

Post by Frostidllo »

Tigro wrote: 20 Feb 2018, 00:50 Anybody from CZE/SVK planning on going?
Bludek/Mira/Frostidllo/hehe/culinko/milagros?
I though I could go if someone else was going from here.
The possibility of me attending FEM gonna be decided very soon since there are dates when I absolutely can't go no matter what. I will contact you when FEM date is 100% with more info ;)
<finman> really great to see dildo speedrun7
<finman> because it's not all about doing 40.xx tt first try
<finman> its also about finding own limits osv
<finman> and ihope others follow
Polarix
Kuski

Post by Polarix »

Me and Mats talked about driving to fem this year. We can pick up 2 guys, but they have to be picked up very close to this route:

I also very like this combined sport with elma and running battol.
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

Polarix wrote: 20 Feb 2018, 17:43 Me and Mats talked about driving to fem this year. We can pick up 2 guys, but they have to be picked up very close to this route:

I also very like this combined sport with elma and running battol.
pls me well depends on when fem is and what dates you go and leave and what date fem is and when i want to come
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Awesome, Mats and Pola!! :)

Oh dear, Kiiwi, you indeed had few drinks too many heh. I bet you can see your misunderstanding once you sober up. =P

About the berh situation, it is welcomed to have some sort of discussion about it. I also clarified the very basics about it to my original berh post because I realized not everyone even know about him:
nick-o-matic wrote: 20 Feb 2018, 01:14Abruzzi is berh (berhabdul) who used to terrorize belma / EOL / mopolauta over a course of several years by hacking, cheating, trolling and bullying people. Despite he has not done that for few years he still has pretty bad reputation with many people.
Polarix
Kuski

Post by Polarix »

@ bene

oke
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

FEM 13.7.-20.7. confirmed! :beer: --- OR is it? read further -Abu

The prices are going to be higher this year because Cabin Lady visited during the attendance peak last year and saw how many people we have and because the attendance probably won't be as high as last year. But we will see!
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

nick-o-matic wrote: 26 Feb 2018, 20:29 the attendance probably won't be as high as last year.
What do you mean! It should be higher!! :D

Is it confirmed-confirmed? I mean is it booking flights-confirmed?
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

pawq wrote: 26 Feb 2018, 20:45
nick-o-matic wrote: 26 Feb 2018, 20:29 the attendance probably won't be as high as last year.
What do you mean! It should be higher!! :D

Is it confirmed-confirmed? I mean is it booking flights-confirmed?
Well I guess there are pretty many who are not coming this year but were there last year. On the other hand pretty many new people coming as well. Let's see :beer:

Yes, it is that confirmed=)
bene
Hot kuski

Re: FEM 2018: Friday 13.7. - Friday 20.7.

Post by bene »

@polarixmats when are you leaving and going home?
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Re: FEM 2018: XX - XX EDIT: dates still uncertain!

Post by nick-o-matic »

.Okay nobody please do not reserve flying tickets etc!

I asked cabinlady why she had not reserved 13.-20. for us in the Virri calendar even after the 100% final confirmation. Now what had happened was that 20.-27. was in fact not reserved by someone else, it was put reserved by cabinlady for us. Therefore she thought that I gave final confirmation of reserving the 20.-27. when I told her that I reserve 13.-20., but now we figured out the misunderstanding. Nevertheless, she refuses to put it to 13.-20. because the original offering was meant to be for 20.-27. and she tells that it is give or take 20.-27. (20.-27. suits her better). I guess it is most likely take. Another possibility is the onion farm but the timetable for that one is rather tight because there is so many arranging to do. 2019 would be more comfortable.

To be honest I did read one message of her too sloppily so actually she told me that the reservation was done by her, so this is very much my fault as well. This is the level of confusion what happens when you combine klasik cabinlady and klasik nom. Sorry!
Polarix
Kuski

Post by Polarix »

@ bene. Seems 20th to 27th july is confirmed cabin time. So most likely we will travel from the great city of Sandnes at extremly early thursday. So we will be at stockholm at thursday evening. We will probably leave 27th. I dunnu turku ferie times yet though, we can check that out in early july.
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

Ok cool you are planning full time sounds nice. I can be in Stockholm Thursday evening if it's 13-20 or 20-27. Just gotta figure out how to find you in Stockholm.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Wtf!?!?!?

Help pls! Work scedule got done/finalized yday.

What is happening???

Cant write its decided when its not...
Elasto Mania - ez better
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Is 20-27 100%!?
Elasto Mania - ez better
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

No nom is trying to reason with cabin lady so we get 13-20 that we said from the start and reserved she booked 20-27 when nom said 13-20 cause it's more convenient for her or smth
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

nick-o-matic on Discord wrote: <nom> i asked cabinlady why she had not reserved 13.-20 for us in the virri calendar even after 100% final confirmation. now what had happened was that 20.-27. was not reserved by someone else, it was put reserved by cabin lady for us. now cabin lady thought that i gave final confirmation of reserving the 20-27 when i told her that i reserve 13-20. now we figured out the misunderstanding but she refuses to put it to 13-20

<nom> but to be honest the original misunderstanding was my fault because i did not read one cabinlady message carefully
<nom> but after that i talked about 13-20 in many messages but cabinlady did not notice the mistake

[nom also said that cabinlady said "20-27 only take it or leave it" but then that 13-20 would be more expensive...?]

<nom> but i guess i can ask if poss how much higher price she wants. im afraid more than 150e
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

We will see what happens. I have vaca july 1 - july 22 anyway. Does not seem to be changable at all anymore, mothers booked kindergsrten for their children etc so...
Elasto Mania - ez better
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

fem is not fem without ramone rip fem
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

I think 150e extra is nothing. Rich mans / Finns / full-time workers / passive idlers could pay more. I can double my share at least. Maybe have two options: normal price or double price and everybody can decide by himself and it can be done anonymously and nom does the math (and rounds up to have some margin). So like:

Old way: Cottage price is 1000e. Abula pays normal, Tisk pays normal, nom pays normal. Everybody pays 334e.

New way: Cottage price is 2000e. Abula pays double, Tisk pays double, nom pays normal. Abula and Tisk 800e, nom 400e.

Also the duration factor would be nice to have as previously.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

I 100% agree with Abula and I have no problems paying extra if required.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Yeah! Even if lets say 500 extra its not much, shared between 10 ppl its only 50.

Imo just check how much extra she will take and then book teh 13-20 :)))
Elasto Mania - ez better
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

I agree completely, I'd also happily pay more if needed.
Polarix
Kuski

Post by Polarix »

I can pay ez 100 euro. Need Ramone at Fem or ban.
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Update: Cabinlady apparently misunderstood my explanation about the misunderstandings and now she realized that i really was really talking about 13.-20. for a long time with specifically mentioning these dates and she changed tone from angry to a bit sorry and agrees to give the earlier week for 100e higher price and I confirmed because of Ramone.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

:))))))))))
Sick!
Great!
Amazing!

Much love!
:*
Elasto Mania - ez better
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Also, change name of topic again maybe? ;)
Elasto Mania - ez better
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

nick-o-matic - Today at 19:49
sent email to cabinlady about 13-20
100% confirmed when in virri calendar the dates move
So let's wait until 100%... ;)
Kinnijup
Beginner kuski
Team: Spefbene

Post by Kinnijup »

Wow looks like a lot of fun :beer:
ile
Kuski

Post by ile »

Polarix wrote: 28 Feb 2018, 18:42 Need Ramone at Fem or ban.
Polarix
Kuski

Post by Polarix »

Need to level up stamina so can beat Ilkka in elmarunning battle