FEM 2018: Thu 12.7./Fri 13.7. - Fri 20.7.!

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Re: FEM 2018: Friday 13.7. - Friday 20.7.!

Post by bene »

I won't bring computer or anything big just essentials to survive like sängkläder and kalsonger. Visiting elmans before sounds max. I am on vacation the entire week so can go earlier to visit elmans.
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

I'm thinking about tenting this year too :]

Too bad I won't be able to meet anyone earlier cuz holiday with friends just before FEM and flying to Turku on Friday :( But max stoke anyway =)

Great to know that you're coming insguy! :beer:
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

bene wrote: 13 Apr 2018, 11:17 I won't bring computer or anything big just essentials to survive like sängkläder and kalsonger. Visiting elmans before sounds max. I am on vacation the entire week so can go earlier to visit elmans.
Then should be np at all. When me bart/luther went we brought 4 pcs and 4 screens including barteks monster old screen ;)
Elasto Mania - ez better
Honza
38mins club

Post by Honza »

Got room for one more? I always wanted attend fem. If I'm welcome..
TT: 38:36,51 || team SPEED || Islands WR
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Dayum Honza, would be sick if you came! I haven't heard anything about there not being any room left, but I don't think nom has put together a list yet. Anyway, I'm sure it won't be a problem, especially as it's still quite early :)

See you soon hopefully! :beer:
Honza
38mins club

Post by Honza »

I'll try my best to make it :) I wonder how many people are bringing a computer. I could defo bring a laptop, even made some sick times on it back in the day :D I can also sleep in a tent or something, totally flexible :) Also because of my job and flight prices I'd like to plan it as soon as possible.. see ya, hopefully :beer:
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Pretty much everyone apart from bene is bringing a PC or a laptop :D over there it's obviously far-from-optimal conditions for hoyling (tight space, lots of gak everywhere, lots of people), so wouldn't worry too much about the PC. I normally play on a PC on 24" with a bigass keyboard, but at FEM played on a 15.6" laptop with teh laptop keyboard and was oke, got used to it in a day :) some ppl bring a laptop+keyboard.

And imo just go for the tickets! I've already booked mine some time ago :D although I'll have to rebook tomorrow, cuz they postponed it ;/ gonna be at teh Helsinki airport on Friday 13.07 at lajk 10:30am, train to FEM leaves at 12pm :)
Tisk
Donator duck

Post by Tisk »

Pawq: So train to Vammala leaves 1½ hours after you've landed? Shouldn't be a problem. No need to go to Helsinki centre. All trains to Vammala stop at Tikkurila train station about 15mins after they've left from Helsinki, and it's a 8 mins train ride from Airport to Tikkurila
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

pawq wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 02:08 Pretty much everyone apart from bene is bringing a PC or a laptop :D
imo ismo and card game guy was also without computer last year it's a thing. I had fun.
Edit: card game guy had but like never used? :bear:
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

bene wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 07:05 imo ismo and card game guy was also without computer last year it's a thing. I had fun.
Edit: card game guy had but like never used? :bear:
Oh yes, Antti :D

Ismo: yea I took the train back to the airport last year =) the train to tikkurila from the airport leaves 1.5h after landing, so just boring waiting time instead of cool femming time. But could've been worse I guess =)

edit: can go to tikkurila sooner ofc but that's the one that vr.fi shows matched with trains to tampere & vammala so I guess no earlier match or sth.
FinMan
36mins club

Post by FinMan »

its likely i need a ride from Jyväskylä to fem this year so i could brink my comp and stuff. if there are spots in cars, contact. preferably the whole week or close to it.

woop woop, i am in time for this stuff, not doing everything last day :beer: and putting this here so it doesnt disappear to the history, not sure if correct place, hope it is, oke
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Just rebooked flights, cuz the original one to Turku got postponed and I'd get to the cabin ridiculously late :(

Here's the updated schedule, in case anyone wants to tag along, or more likely - meet up at the airport and travel on together :beer:

Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

FinMan wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 18:11 its likely i need a ride from Jyväskylä to fem this year so i could brink my comp and stuff. if there are spots in cars, contact. preferably the whole week or close to it.

woop woop, i am in time for this stuff, not doing everything last day :beer: and putting this here so it doesnt disappear to the history, not sure if correct place, hope it is, oke
Pfft. Last years plan all over again, let's go :beer:
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

jaytea wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 07:56 Sierra and me 99% confirmed for FEM this year.
Honza wrote: 15 Apr 2018, 16:53 Got room for one more? I always wanted attend fem. If I'm welcome..
Wow this is big. Seems that once again FEM is going to be even better than year before. The only problem would be the sleeping space but it should be ok if many bring tents. But I don't know if those coming with aeroplanes should bother with that. Also maybe we can rent the extra sauna cabin for the weekend like in the 1st year. I recall cabinlady has usually asked around 50€/night but you'll never know, let's see.
Abula wrote: 31 Mar 2018, 23:05 Idé: documenting some interesting events in more pro way than before.

Now all the videos are pretty much random mongoing which isn't very interesting after the years. While doing the article, I've noticed that there are only a few videos showing anything interesting like TorInge, Zweq and Jalli playing. Well, I haven't checked all milloin FEM14-17 videos so if someone did, please recommend.

I would like to see how Ramone makes a level or Zweq plays SL or Markku dodging, Zero piping and so on. Maybe the first levels of Beer Battle could be included but only the first. And of course some introductory to the cottage. Can be livestreamed too?

If "The Four Pro" competition can be set, that one too. The four players should be selected by some objective measure (or jury = nom) so that we can reproduce it next years. It's always difficult to decide who is the first not in.

Maybe there could be "a video day" when the video is recording all day long so it would become normal and all the interesting events could be recorded during the same day.

Needed: tripod, pro camera, enough memory, volunteer to cut and edit.
Bonus: two commentators who tease only each others and on permit the player(s). Orcc and Ramone?

1 h tt could be recorded as well in a way where the best players (adi, Zweq etc) sit next to each others. Maybe someone manages to get under 40 mins. The current best recorded is adi's 40:30.

What else?

I'm not master of any skills required in this project but I've seen people who are. I can help of course where possible. I hope to hear a comment from insguy if this sounds realistic at all?
It would be mega welcomed for anyone to document stuff in any way. I always enjoyed reading Abula's pedantic old-school FEM reports.
Honza
38mins club

Post by Honza »

So is the date already pretty much set in stone, or still open?
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

It's definitely set in stone. I mean, I booked flight tickets and all :p but nah, it's 100% confirmed,
zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

I have an idea of a new kind of contest: 24h level pack:
- I will be making couple of (good?) levels and releasing them at FEM.
- I will give you 24 hours time to play them.
- The player with best total time will win.
- There will be some prizes too.

So it will be like TT battle, but not a "battle" in the sense that it will last for 24 hours.

Would there be interest in this kind of competition?

I think I can be in FEM from saturday until wednesday. I think this contest could be arranged from sunday to monday or from monday to tuesday. Or what do you think? Do you have a schedule already somewhere?
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

zebra wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 06:22 I have an idea of a new kind of contest: 24h level pack:
- I will be making couple of (good?) levels and releasing them at FEM.
- I will give you 24 hours time to play them.
- The player with best total time will win.
- There will be some prizes too.

So it will be like TT battle, but not a "battle" in the sense that it will last for 24 hours.

Would there be interest in this kind of competition?

I think I can be in FEM from saturday until wednesday. I think this contest could be arranged from sunday to monday or from monday to tuesday. Or what do you think? Do you have a schedule already somewhere?
Sure, all competitions are nice! There actually was something like this but with a little bit longer battle time than 24h for the HALF packs. It was liked particularly because the HALF levels were a big deal. It was intended as a background event. If I remember correctly, some people hoyled it really much and later continued playing HALFs after FEM and some did not really play it after the first day. So in this kind of event I might expect very polarized efforts by players but I don't know if it is a bad thing. It might be a good idea if it was not just a TT because then it will be sensible to try to get the best time in just a single level and hence contribute with a smaller effort.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

The Nice pack also had a similar vibe as a long-term FEM pack, but obv with very different targets. Limiting it to the whole FEM, rather than particular 24h, could be an alternative =)
zebra
Kuski

Post by zebra »

nick-o-matic wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 15:52 Sure, all competitions are nice!
nick-o-matic wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 15:52 It might be a good idea if it was not just a TT because then it will be sensible to try to get the best time in just a single level and hence contribute with a smaller effort.
Good point. There could be some special levels where I would give prize to the best player. I'll think about it
pawq wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 16:27 Limiting it to the whole FEM, rather than particular 24h, could be an alternative =)
Good idea otherwise, but I would like to be there giving the prizes and seeing the results. I'm afraid I can't be there whole time...
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

#STOKED

I will try to test if pc starts tonight!
Elasto Mania - ez better
ile
Kuski

Post by ile »

So I want to hold some type of running contest.

Plz vote your interest here: https://www.strawpoll.me/15634859

And for those who are interested, vote for distance here: https://www.strawpoll.me/15634962

Note: Beer Mile means Drink one :bear: can , run 400m, repeat this for another 3 times. So in total 4 :bear: and 1600m runned.
PLEASE DONT CHOOSE THIS!!! I WILL PUKE AND DIE BECAUSE NO BEER PRACTICE AT ALL :( :( :( :(

Also poss to do sprint and longer distance separately if want.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

There was talk about combining running and elma before, for example some 3km run + the first 10 internals (or however many). I think it would be mega cool and I'd go for sth like this much more keenly than for pure running =)
Tisk
Donator duck

Post by Tisk »

First run 10 km then finish all internals (both about 1 hour)
farnsworth
Kuski

Post by farnsworth »

Tisk wrote: 5 May 2018, 19:00 First run 10 km then finish all internals (both about 1 hour)
Have like 5 lines from the house 1 km out in hard terrain like bushes - wood - maybe even lake. After 10 levels(or whatever) you finish 1 line too (you can have an apple to collect there, to prove you've been;p). After 52 you celebrate by getting drunk instantly or add 1 hour.
Terrain is more equal for all since noone trains for it not to mention it's a lot more fun to run in that than on a road.
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Tisk wrote: 5 May 2018, 19:00 First run 10 km then finish all internals (both about 1 hour)
It's logical but everyone can stop running now and just play Apple Harvest and Zig-Zag.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

That's not really true, not everyone practise running. I would say I could cut 20-30 mins out of my 1h tt (estimate at the moment 1:20) and 10 mins out of running (estimate at the moment 1:00). ´So combining those would get the best result, not just getting three minutes out of apple harvest and zig zag.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
zebra
Kuski

Post by zebra »

Would be disgusting to play all internals after 10 km running. But could work the other way around: Internals -> running-> sauna? :)
Anyway I think I wouldn't be participating, because I haven't played internals in a long time... It would take the whole day to finish them all :D
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Should be lovely experience with all the runners playing through internals in 1 room soaked in sweat.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

10km (!!?) run plus internals seems amazing. Ofc have to start with run and end with internals.

Thats the way to get a thriller ending, ppl can fail alot and fall behind or luck and catch up in elma. If end with running its more or less done when 1h tt is done (since I assume most ppl know what others normally run on). Also running after elma wont really affect the running so making it a combo-contest seems kinda useless. Playing elma after run might be alot harder though, try to get pulse and/or adrenalin down. Might effect some ppl more than others and it could be a potentially sick contest! With awesomly exciting and nailbiting end... So then making it a combo thing actually makes sense.

If anything were to change (Im not saying it should, seems quite perfect combo/idea) Id say 10km is long as fuck! The longest Ive ever ran is 2,5 km and that was a total nightmare. 10km might scare of some of the less hardcore runners. But since Im not competing my opinion dont count for much.

Another thing that could be changed; the levels. If someone made quite easy pack with abouth 30 levels it would be more random than 1h tt and possibly attracting more players. Like a massive FF battle. Kinda cruise levels but not totally one-routed (like internals) Brain might be abit fucked up after run so could make for some insane laughing monents for spectators when ppl make stressed and bad calls during runs.

If its first 1h tt and then running I dont see any point in it. And I wouldnt be excited about it at all.
Elasto Mania - ez better
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

10km is like, a lot
500m would be fine I guess
ToMaT
Olliz
Kuski

Post by Olliz »

Hmm...

13.7 :P

If you accept random mans stopping by!

Is ville_j not coming or what? :cry:
"Now sonn the mettings start . See you i am happy Laestadian if i die to night i come to the heaven.see you" (c)marcus (random swe elma player)
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

Olliz wrote: 16 May 2018, 15:45 If you accept random mans stopping by!
Only if you bring a level :bear: I want a level by Olliz :bear:
Olliz
Kuski

Post by Olliz »

Yesh yesh as I promised :D

I will even try to make it good (read: playable ... can finish)

Someone better have a floppy drive ready though. I'm not kidding.

ps. nick-o-matic .. litil birds sang that you live where I live .. hmm mm?
"Now sonn the mettings start . See you i am happy Laestadian if i die to night i come to the heaven.see you" (c)marcus (random swe elma player)
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

At the moment it seems ville_j is not coming, and for a floppy drive someone needs to go to a museum :)

Would be great to see Olliz though!
NoobSty2-competition

Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

don't even have a cd/dvd drive since 2014 :D and i think havent had floppy drive since 2005
ile
Kuski

Post by ile »

lol wtf is a floppy drive?
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

The idea of a 10 km run + finishing all internals or doing some other approximately 1-hour elma task is awesome. However, it takes super long time, it would be tough for bad runners and bad internalists and also the weekend is packed. Therefore, for weekend a similar but more casual duathlon/triathlon/evenmanierthlon would be more fitting. I suggest this kind of events:
  • shorter run, possibly just 100-400m
  • six first internals
  • just regular EOL battles which will be played anyway (any battle types)
  • some strength-related thing
  • javelin throw
  • some skill stuff such as handling a football
  • surviving against a pro chess engine as many moves as poss
It is very natural to do the 10km run + internals as a FF, but in the above case some point system thing would enable more flexible event planning (it just has to be possible to rank the contestants).
Olliz wrote: 16 May 2018, 15:45If you accept random mans stopping by!
Omg, welcome!
Olliz wrote: 17 May 2018, 01:55ps. nick-o-matic .. litil birds sang that you live where I live .. hmm mm?
Wow, yes, I actually was sometimes pondering if one could interpret your mopolauta location status in such a way! I thought noone (expect Zox) lives here because in moposite kuski gallery nobody is listed to live here. When will we hold an elma party?
Last edited by nick-o-matic on 17 May 2018, 21:22, edited 3 times in total.
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

I am in the process of making attendance lists and it seems the attendance will not be as high as it looked like at some point - there has been some cancellations. Tomorrow I will have the lists hopefully.
Olliz
Kuski

Post by Olliz »

Orcc wrote: 17 May 2018, 07:11 and for a floppy drive someone needs to go to a museum :)
Zweq wrote: 17 May 2018, 15:18 don't even have a cd/dvd drive since 2014 :D and i think havent had floppy drive since 2005
ile wrote: 17 May 2018, 16:04 lol wtf is a floppy drive?
Guess we'll have a "throw floppy" event then :lol:

I have one place where I can transfer the level to the disk so I will bring it. Maybe teh throwing disk is more fun anyway :P
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

Olliz wrote: 18 May 2018, 00:06
Orcc wrote: 17 May 2018, 07:11 and for a floppy drive someone needs to go to a museum :)
Zweq wrote: 17 May 2018, 15:18 don't even have a cd/dvd drive since 2014 :D and i think havent had floppy drive since 2005
ile wrote: 17 May 2018, 16:04 lol wtf is a floppy drive?
Guess we'll have a "throw floppy" event then :lol:

I have one place where I can transfer the level to the disk so I will bring it. Maybe teh throwing disk is more fun anyway :P
Sounds like an awesome event
36 club since 02/2024
Olliz
Kuski

Post by Olliz »

Sounds like I need to bring a lot of floppy disks :lol:

First man throws the disk to teh lake ... event over :twisted:
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

I'll be coming to fem as full time as poss and so far I have no idea how I will let alone with my pc setup.

Please let me know if a car ride for both ways is poss somehow))
36 club since 02/2024
ile
Kuski

Post by ile »

Zero wrote: 19 May 2018, 09:24 I'll be coming to fem as full time as poss and so far I have no idea how I will let alone with my pc setup.

Please let me know if a car ride for both ways is poss somehow))
putt pc in bag, take bag to fem, ez!
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

The first post has been updated, including preliminary attendance lists. It looks like we can crack 30 this year as well! I most likely forgot someone and there are most likely some other mistakes as well, please let me know in these cases.

Most of the attendees (if not all) seem to be there during the weekend, so it might be pretty packed there. Therefore, I recommend those who come with their own cars, to take tents/mattresses with them. The sleeping situation should not be critical (we can also perhaps rent the extra sauna cabin like in 2014), so foreigners and people coming by busses or such do not need to bother in my opinion. Just everyone should remember to take bedsheets/sleeping bag.

Also, this might be a good point to announce a call for new FF cup levels. It was pretty nice last year during FEM, so would be nice to have another this year again!
ile
Kuski

Post by ile »

u forgot me
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

ile wrote: 20 May 2018, 18:15u forgot me
Omg sorry it was because you weren't in the last years speculation lists as you signed in so late. At least at some point I was thinking that I will have to remember add you!
Last edited by nick-o-matic on 21 May 2018, 08:40, edited 1 time in total.
Olliz
Kuski

Post by Olliz »

Question:

Would you guys enjoy a mini-documentary about my trip to FEM?

1. I really dont know any ppls (the ones I've talked in the past are inactive)
2. It would be taken with smallish reso digicam
3. Shaky-cam
4. Not too long, maybe 10 mins --- I like editing videos

Please respond.

:lol:
ile
Kuski

Post by ile »

i dont relly see the point of making a doc out of that....
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

Aren't those kind of things just perfect? Last year watching Nekit's photos of his trip was great fun.
NoobSty2-competition