Across lev's

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

squiike
Kuski

Across lev's

Post by squiike »

Got myself a Raspberry pi and since its linux it can only run dosbox. So im stuck with across for now.

Anyone got huge amounts of old Across lev's they can share` for that 100% nostalgia?

Cheers
:beer:
Lukazz
36mins club

Re: Across lev's

Post by Lukazz »

I haven't tried playing Elma on a Raspberry Pi, but I play everyday on my computer with Debian by using Wine, so I don't see why it shouldn't work with Raspbian on a Rasberry Pi.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
squiike
Kuski

Post by squiike »

I guess there is a way, but i want to play across also. Would be great to play old external across levs.

Im new to the Linux scene. If anyone make it work, feel free to share how.
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qu1o3oe37 ... s.zip/file here is my whole across folder, it has soem 200 smth levs or dunno
hi im arzenik :>
elmzuke.lev is the greatest piece of art ever created
squiike
Kuski

Post by squiike »

Yep, same as i downloaded :)

Its fun to read the comments the lev creators have made.
I wonder if it is possible to do the same int styles in Across as in Elma.
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

squiike wrote: 22 Jul 2018, 21:47 Yep, same as i downloaded :)

Its fun to read the comments the lev creators have made.
I wonder if it is possible to do the same int styles in Across as in Elma.
then i could reccomend acpacks from here http://moposite.com/downloads_levels.php, although you can't put them in the same folder, because across can't load more than 500 (?) levels

you can't do all the same int styles in across as in elma, at least those doable are mostly much harder than in elma, hence them being only found in the latter, like 05 brutal which was also done by zweq in across ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y29-qf6tfC4). this is mostly because of the absence of alovolt in across, and also the sloppier physics. if one would start hoyling across hardly (but why would anyone ever?),i think they could beat at least half of if not all wrs in some years or smth. if you check out across moporecs, you can see that many styles there are obsolete considering nowadays' elma standards, but performing the new styles in across needs either high knowledge of across physics to learn how tricks are performed, high hoyling skills to just be able to do these (zamppe), or both. i think it could be a brain relaxation for some low tt mans to once sit down to across and just try their best there for fun, with 14 year old etalons. many wrs would follow imo. maybe even a programmable alovolt could be done - but why bother? some styles are still highly impossible tho (07 brutal, 02 lj, 19 lj, 09 end style, 10 brutal, 15 style, 23 brutal, 24 brutal, 30 brutal, 31 fpstrick, 44 sc, 47 shortestcut - i mean elma ints here). btw, if anyone does any of these styles in across i'll record myself going to africa, killing a rhinoceros, batheing in its blood and guts and then sacrificing the remaints of the saint animal to the ancient gods.
hi im arzenik :>
elmzuke.lev is the greatest piece of art ever created
squiike
Kuski

Post by squiike »

Impressive rec. Also check this; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkB8nWc ... aZ&index=2

DL'ed all the Across packs. Some were missing, but that was alot of levs. Im gonna dig into these old ones. There may be some gems from old lev makers :D
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

I like your usage of apostrophe's.
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

elastlev.zip
(166.67 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
These date back to 1998-2001