Elma meeting activity ideas

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

jblaze
38mins club

Elma meeting activity ideas

Post by jblaze »

on the 19th of september we are starting a couple days long meeting with mielz. we have already picked some elma-activities to do.
but we want to ask you guys, do you have some idea that could make for a fun/interesting/original elma-time? maybe you already are experienced with hosting unique games that are suitable for real life meetings? please share!

our list so far includes:
- own packs (probably some classic TT, WR count + beerbattle)
- multi "apple battle" in internals. an ancient idea that we played with insomner in 200x
- first 6 internals
- 1htt
- multi 1htt
- freestyle challenges in random levels
- something pawq contest based
some random ideas would probably pop up once we sit at the real deal. but we want to hear your magnificent ideas too!
Last edited by jblaze on 6 Sep 2018, 16:00, edited 1 time in total.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Re: Elma meeting activity ideas

Post by Orcc »

Maybe have a king of the hill type competition with ~five or some short levs. The one who first holds all the best times wins. It might be good to start playing from different levs. Can imagine the pressure when the other guy is one lev away from winning!
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
ile
Kuski

Post by ile »

money
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Doing Skype calls to other kuskis.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

jblaze wrote: 6 Sep 2018, 13:14 our list so far includes:
- own packs (probably some classic TT, WR count + beerbattle)
- multi "apple battle" in internals. an ancient idea that we played with insomner in 200x
- first 6 internals
- 1htt
- multi 1htt
- freestyle challenges in random levels
- something pawq contest based
some random ideas would probably pop up once we sit at the real deal. but we want to hear your magnificent ideas too!
Just playing packs is quite boring. 1htt aswell. Ofc its abit different when irl but if few ppl and no irl spying it's waste of time imo.

What you should do is stuff you can only do in irl meetings and not online from home.

Needed:
Beer battle (15 events seems to be quite ok but 18 probably better)
Total Times battles, amazing fun! (Need balanced levels...)
Irl spying. Not planned events, but make sure spy ppl irl, it is very interesting. Seeing how ppl react and how they approach. Spying levelmaking irl is amazing too.
Zoom battles!
Watching Elma documentaries and recs together.
And a contest Id like but was always too lazy to make; Guess the player from replay! (Can't be like very known wr recs. But rather battle recs and posdibly options to pick from)
Take more photos than you think you need! (I only got one pic of Ruben! Amazing ofc, but still...)

Don't cram too much stuff in. Can't forget chilling and smoke breaks!

Also need one man that make sure stuff is happening! Would be good maybe if could combine nom with me and rent out for elma-meetings.

In irl meets its more loose, change rules/battletimes etc mid battle is very ok!

Skype/facetime other players during.

Also, online playing in meeting is lamest shit ever and one of biggest downside with fem. All battles/contests should be offline with classic yelling of best time.

Dont forget to insult other players and explain how much they suck when you win! Unluckily I won 0 battles in Fem18 so dont remember feeling... But maybe even better to brag when lead... Expose throat, put yourself in harms way!

Dont forget to eat and drink water to avoid headache.

Smile.

Don't bring fire arms, knife is ok.
Elasto Mania - ez better
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Damn Ramone, I miss you and FEM already :D
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

thanks for the ideas orcc, ile and ramone.

orccs idea sound fun and tense as fuck, pretty sure we will test how it works in practice.

gambling can be exciting, ile!

nice PEM FAQ ram, we will make sure to discuss each tip, especially the knife one!

and kuchi, we discussed some streaming time also. we will discuss ideas. if we find something interesting in terms of competition and are able to stream it nicely, we will try! if that doesnt work out, maybe some voice chats will appear in the game

the meeting is about to start in less than 5 days. excited!
Mielz
35mins club

Post by Mielz »

Thanks all for the suggestions! Basically, here's what our plan is:

Mielz
35mins club

Post by Mielz »

The fun has begun.
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

Report? Photos? Stats? WRs?
NoobSty2-competition

jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

there comes a little report from our amaziong meeting.

some background story:
me and mielz are quite equal when it comes to overall skill. im better at certain things, and vice versa. we are having quite a problem deciding which one of us is the top1 for MANY years. we had a short elma meeting in januray '18, things were still unsolved (in the end when i started winning he started pretending being ill, well ok ;) so, there comes a long, 8day meeting, september '18 me vs mielz.

teh report:
after finding mielz on bus station (at first i was sure he came by train) and driving a complex and wrong route home mielz was greeted by some greeting visuals upon his face [pic1], [pic2]. we decided to make many events. each one was awarded by amount of points that was decided before. for the first 4 days it was really fucking equal! we clutched our heads in disbelief of this astonishing equality :D we played 1htts, my&insomners variation of internal competition , battles, own internal challenges, first 6int competition, livestream speedrun, hosps (BIG THX FOR LEVELS ONCE AGAIN :*) and our own levelpacks (we made own levs fast, no serious testing. was fair as fuck. as expected, no signs of cheating were detected).
overally it was a great elmastic experience. i personally loved level pack events the most, besides mielz company of course ;] the levels, the competition. oh fuck my ass! it was tense and amazing as hell! we also did some elmic song remakes for fun.

stats:
1* Rules: 2h online, shown styles. most wins = 1 point. TT decides in case of 5-5. it was 5-5, mielz won in TT. 3:54:60 vs 3:58:12. levels were named 4blezXX.lev, you can check them out if you wish
2* 1hTT attempt, no training before. mielz had 2 skips, i had 1. 0,5p for winnner
3* another 1hTT. 42m52s for jbl, mielz did 42m16s. 0,5p for winner.
4* our own level pack. offline, hidden styles. each lev had separate balletime. best time reached in given time wins 0,2p. jbl 7-6 mielz
5* internal multi cruise through (me and insomner played that as fucking nabs in ~2009). rules: most apples collected in total (excluding 39 and 46) wins 1p.
6* one self-invented challenge in each internal. 0,1p for the first to do the challenge. jbl 28-27 mielz TENSE AS FUCK,
7* 1hTT, mielz had 1 skip and made 50m 20s. i had 42min30s, 0,5p for the winner.
8* own level pack, offfline, hidden styles, same rules as 4*. 0,3 for each battle. we made odd amount of levels purposely, guess what. jbl 5,5p-5,5p MIELZ :D amazing battle!
9* first 6 internals contest. we both start at the same time, the first one to touch 06 flower wins. point system: 5wins=1p, 4wins=0,5p, 3wins=0,3p, 2wins=0,2p, 1win=0,1p. jbl 1p-0p mielz LOOOL
10* 1hTT. mielz did 42:02, i gave up due to nabbish driving. 0,5p for the winner.
EXTRA: we did some twitchy speedrunning, was fun. we want to say thanks to all spyers. it was first time mielz tried speedrunning. he did some 55min and 54low finishes. i did pr, 47:02.
any doubts about who is the top1? :P

QUIET! WE ARE ELMING HERE [ELMA ZONE PROTECTED]

WELCOME BACK :>

goodbye pic
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Admirable passion, gz for meeting! :D
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

Great stuff, reminds me of all the times I kicked ville_j's ass. Keep up the fight!
NoobSty2-competition

abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

incredible stuff. the 8dayer out of the blue itself is worth some significant recognition these days as most people can hardly afford a couple of days off, let alone an elma-based meeting. obviously it's hard to distinguish 2 players on their elma skills if none of them sticks out, really.

reckon there have been some topics over the lauta span liek 'who iz better Kuski of the two above' or 'naem ur elma top6 oke', but such a detailed approach with unique 1-on-1 contest ideas (e.g. internal challenges), all with comprehensive stats behind and carefully invented point system is definitely the way to tell the difference in an extremely interesting and sophisticated manner.

Elmination Cup or Elma Champions League have been notable direct difference tellers before, but not much can be said after a couple of levels only. on the other hand World Cup should be the most reasonable choice, but that may happen in a utopian event of continuous and even effort having been put into.

nonetheless however if i were to choose from the given pair in question i might be tempted to hand the captain's armband to Mielz as he ended the nearly 9 years long Polish WR drought when after 19.04.03 #123 30. Pipe 33,29 ZiuteK [FRC] appeared 23.01.12 #345 53. Hooked 17,07 Mielz . having had several WRs he now leads Enigma - the most rusty, taboo and controversial internal? and Labby Pro - what is way beyond many's comprehension how one can hold concentration for that long a run. add to that 5th place in World Cup 7 and the results talk. it's not jblaze lost there as he doesn't like that kind of tension and is more of a battler and stunter instead. official Beer Battle winner, 1hTT and FF achiever, possesses strategical instinct of risk, stylefinding and effort management only Zero can possibly match.

whenever i battled jbl at my place my fist used to painfully punch the table very often out of the anger from inability to pose any real threat despite being given numerous handicaps. the above competition was unimaginably even with the 5.5-5.5 result out of 11 levs highlighting that every dame hundreth mattered. it would be nice to see more of such 1vs1 encounters among various ppl from the scene. looking forward to PEM now which will involve jbl and pawq among others, the most competition creative guys

ZAMK ŁEB TU SIĘ ELMI
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting