Idea: Secret Santa in EOL

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

ArZeNiK
37mins club

Idea: Secret Santa in EOL

Post by ArZeNiK »

So I just had this one idea recently, now that Christmas is coming, I am pretty active mentally in that subject.
Basically, the main idea is that somewhere in early December or something like that, every participator is chosen a person to gift, which means making them (a) level(s), whatever type you think they like (preferences might also get set during the applications). You need to send your "gift" to the organizer until Christmas. On Christmas Eve/Day, the gifts would get get delivered to the corresponding people by the organizer, and everybody can then guess who was their Secret Santa.
I await the feedback of not only the level designer type of people, because everyone is welcome in this event, even those who aren't specialized in levelmaking and thus not having confidence in their ability to make good. Because, after all, you know what they say - it isn't just the quality of the gift which matters, but also the intention, never look a gift-horse in the mouth osv.
So, what do you think of this entire thing? Please, leave a reply below if you have an opinion!
I'll take your feedbacks until the first monday of December (3rd) either here or in Discord, and depending on what I got I'll maybe start organizing the thing and collecting registrations, for people to have enough time making the level(s).
Last edited by ArZeNiK on 28 Nov 2018, 14:08, edited 1 time in total.
hi im arzenik :>
elmzuke.lev is the greatest piece of art ever created
AndrY
38mins club
Team: .lev

Re: Idea: Secret Santa in EOL

Post by AndrY »

wow)

is a man, who gets a lev, is known for man, who makes?
levels will be battled at cristmas or just sended?
when it will be poss to see all levels were participated in this?
My levs and other Elma things: sites.google.com/view/elma-andry + youtube
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

AndrY wrote: 27 Nov 2018, 22:20 wow)

is a man, who gets a lev, is known for man, who makes?
levels will be battled at cristmas or just sended?
when it will be poss to see all levels were participated in this?
i do not quite get what your first question refers to. you do know who you need to make the level for, but you do not know who makes the level for you.
levels will be firstly sent to the corresponding ppl, then i will probably reveal who made which level some time after you get them so you might have time for guessing. most likely won't be battled
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

I think this is a cute little idea. Probably the gift receiver could wish for a certain type of lev, because it might not be easy to know everyone's preferences especially if they are not battle levels. Maybe a lev pack?
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

Orcc wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 09:26 I think this is a cute little idea. Probably the gift receiver could wish for a certain type of lev, because it might not be easy to know everyone's preferences especially if they are not battle levels. Maybe a lev pack?
yes ofc, preferences will be known to ppl because they will get attached to the applications. yeah maybe there should be more levels made, but i think would depend on the capabilites of the gifting person if they will make one lev or more.
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

any other way than battling it might be not quite satisfying enough. i mean most wont try their best in some lonely empty level that is played by nobody.

especially if someone wishes for FF :D (as i would. unless it would be hyperlong challenge lev, then no need a battle)
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

jblaze wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 21:45 any other way than battling it might be not quite satisfying enough. i mean most wont try their best in some lonely empty level that is played by nobody.

especially if someone wishes for FF :D (as i would. unless it would be hyperlong challenge lev, then no need a battle)
hmm
yeah maybe
I'll consider the idea of balles or even a cup
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Why not host some event close to christmas for this? Get list of people interested, organise level-making in the next 3-4 weeks and then have Secret Santa battle-cup. That way people are interested in playin lev too.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

Grace wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 04:17 Why not host some event close to christmas for this? Get list of people interested, organise level-making in the next 3-4 weeks and then have Secret Santa battle-cup. That way people are interested in playin lev too.
good idea
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

UPDATE: Due to the lack of feedback and all the different opinions this event is cancelled
AndrY
38mins club
Team: .lev

Post by AndrY »

ArZeNiK wrote: 4 Dec 2018, 06:11 UPDATE: Due to the lack of feedback and all the different opinions this event is cancelled
wtf:/ why feedback, if all is clear?
imo need to just ask mans who want to participate and distribute :?
My levs and other Elma things: sites.google.com/view/elma-andry + youtube
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

I wouldn't battle these levels or make this a cup.
Imo just apply, make levels, send levels, play levels, reveal creators, make a levelpack at eol. Repeat next year. That's it.

I'd like a hoyla 15-25 seconds long thx