WCup and EOL financial status

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

WCup and EOL financial status

Post by Kopaka »

Since it's been very quiet regarding how world cup and eol donation funds have been used this is a post to make up for that, in order to respect donators and ensure them money are being spent as promised. First a few (very late) updates and then a status on the funds.

juish made a particular large donations thanks to some luck on his side. This is an email he sent:
Good day Sir,
I have donated $700 USD which = $1000 CAD right now with the exchange.
I would like this money to be used to develop and upgrade EOL and also to be used for server fees for many months to come :). Best of Hoyls Elmans!
Yours Truely,
Juish

P.S. Feel free to share this email with the community.
Other than that people are donating periodically to eol which is ensuring that we've not had any issues with paying server fees.

World Cup 6 and 7 prizes have been made, which includes throphies for top 3 and diplomas for top 10. A large part of these were handed out during FEM 2017, some have been mailed, and some are yet to be mailed. I'll try to make sure this happens real soon.

World Cup
History
Donations were open during world cup 6 with the promise of throphies and diplomas, with any left overs going to eol server expenses. As we got a lot of donations we decided it would be okay to use these for world cup 7 prizes as well.

Income:
World Cup 6 Donations: 296.09 USD

Expenses:
WCup 6 Throphies: 300.63 dkk (46.16 USD)
WCup 6 Throphies postage: 54x3 dkk = 162 dkk (24.87 USD)
WCup 7 Throphies: 232.50 dkk (35.70 USD)
WCup 6/7 Diplomas: 359.00 dkk (55.12 USD)
Wcup 6/7 Diplomas postage estimate: 27x6 dkk = 162 dkk (24.87 USD)
Wcup 6/7 Diplomas postage DK adresses estimate: 18x2 dkk = 36 dkk (5.52 USD)

Total: 194.43 USD

Remaining:
101.66 USD currently residing in the EOL paypal account. Might be some minor differences due to currency exchange rates changing over the years.

EOL
History
Since fall of 2010 donations have been open to help cover the costs of the server expenses. Expenses have stayed at a fixed 26 USD a month. This includes: Database VPS, website VPS, game server VPS. Donations go to a dedicated EOL paypal account, which can be used directly to pay for the server. Currently these donations have not been used for anything else.

Donators can be seen from the donator list on http://elmaonline.net/help/donate however people can choose to to be shown here, so the total amount is higher than what you see here. If your donation doesn't show and you'd like it to make sure you send me a message. It should happen automatically but may not always work.

Current balance:
1.021,83 USD (before today's payment)
http://elmaonline.net/help/donate is updated to reflect correct the actual status.

Future use of money
Considering the amount of funds we have currently it may be worth considering if we should use these on any additional things. This could be prizes, infrastructure etc. So we'd like to hear everyone's opinion on this, since it's your money, what if anything is okay to use it on.

There will be some changes once we start using the new eol website as this will be hosted a different place, might be higher might be lower, but probably not a significant difference.

Some people have suggested some kind of prizes for GAA winners.

Other things?
abruzzi
Kuski

Re: WCup and EOL financial status

Post by abruzzi »

What about EOL Promotion Campaign? Maybe not so far-fetched like billboards in China or Korea, but still some advertising?

If not now then when? Who knows what can happen, maybe even some drastic avalanche. People coming from similar communities or some other retromen wishing to refresh some old memories. We would also need some well-written instruction how to connect minimizing the effort.

The topic of EOL Promotion viewtopic.php?p=257259#p257259 initially cared about advertising just before and after the release, but from 2017 jblaze and pawq among others were excited to provide some ideas and do some work if an agreement would be found.
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

wow, juish. I've never heard of anyone who won similarly insane amount of money. Sik. Gz.
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
iltsu
37mins club
Team: EF

Post by iltsu »

Sick gz juish and very big thanks for donation!
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Ok hear me now! First Elma player getting 100M please employ me. Let's make an Elma Heaven!
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
farnsworth
Kuski

Post by farnsworth »

I think the money should be used for updates in EOL, also I think those high-end players knows best what could be needed. Maybe money for programming is too expensive, I dno and dno who could. But it could and would be sweet!:P
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

I think that's not an option, since mila is the only one who could do it and he's not interested in money.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Would be cool to see more money used as prizes for cups, Mopo Battles or internal WR:s/speedruns.
Most amount of time in elma (for me at least) are used to hoyl internals and I would love to see more money in prizepools and I think that would also invite more people to play more serious.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

1k is kinda little amount of money, no point planning anything big, just keep for server expenses. Or invest in google / microsoft, because it's dum to let inflation do its thing :wink:
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Zweq wrote: 30 Jan 2019, 16:00invest in google / microsoft
Apple shares plummeting
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Perhaps the money could be used to get Sla to FEM 2019.
AndrY
38mins club
Team: .lev

Post by AndrY »

mb for elma promotion?
My levs and other Elma things: sites.google.com/view/elma-andry + youtube
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

PogChamp! ^
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Lol, 2026. Soon we can hire a programmer to do the most boring tasks. Start from Across WR stats
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
umiz
Kuski

Post by umiz »

Wow! Nice donations!
Ill check my purse and see what I have.
[i cruise, i lev, i live]