PC - Elma or NES - Tetris?

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Ramone
50mins club

PC - Elma or NES - Tetris?

Post by Ramone »

Ive been missing Elma a bit. Havent touched Elma since FEM18 and before that not for about six months. I refurnished and made a nice PC-corner with a small curved couch. But when I brought my computer back from deep hiding it did not start. I even opened it and checked all wires. It starts but cant find all parts or something. But, I've been watching Tetris and its such a cool game, I played som old version on PC in Across days. But I have never played NES Tetris (apart from testing it abit as a kid) and it seems so fucking boss! I kinda wanna get a console and an old fat TV and start at it... But then PC is out as an option. So when it is time, what should I go for? Im torn, cant decide.

Pros?
Cons?
What are your opinions?

I just need some discussion to help my mind find the best route for my pleasure.
Elasto Mania - ez better
ASPIRINKA
Kuski

Re: PC - Elma or NES - Tetris?

Post by ASPIRINKA »

General idea: just do what you want, what you currently like the most.

As for me, I almost completely stopped playing classic Elma for now, instead I play mobile version of this game. Basically, there's only one reason for this decision: convenience. I can take my iPhone in hands at any time and do some tries for some level. Dammit, I don't even have to be at home! But I touch my PC (with Elma) very rarely: I have Macbook for everything I need to relax after working day. Maybe, I'm just not so dependent on computer games...
Nevertheless, I still feel as a part of Elma community, I regularly follow all current updates with Elma life, participate in WCups etc.

What I'm trying to say: Elma is not only about hours of playing, IMHO :)

NES Tetris is very cool game too, I even saw some tournaments of this game, amazing stuff indeed. So my opinion is: why not?
And I don't understand why you should choose if you can just combine both games in proportions you desire :beer:
Last edited by ASPIRINKA on 28 Feb 2019, 20:57, edited 1 time in total.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Why not both, get a gamepad (you can even get one that looks like the NES controller) with usb, get a NES emulator, fix up the pc, now you can swap between elma and tetris as you please.
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

I would play the grandmaster tetris forget exact name if I started. It was on agdq a couple of years ago looked sick.
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

BOOM! Tetris for Joseph!

Seriously, that boy is on fire.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Joseph is amazing!

I think getting a PC is the way to go. Maybe I wont even be that into Tetris as I think right now. With PC I get Elma and possibly test Tetris some with an emulator. Thanks for good input.

All in on NES is stupid and rushed. Also very typically me...

Also I have now learnt that my HD is done. Getting new HD to my old-old PC seems quite dumb, since it was a miracle my friend managed to get it running for fem.

Conclusion.
Unless I totally change my mind Ill add new computer to my to-do list. But needs some research first anyway, laptop, stationary, mini PC I connect to my TV and skip screen?

And so on, so on.

Thanks again, set me straight.
Elasto Mania - ez better
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

take your time but I would be happy to see you online in elma sometime again.
it sometimes is a bit quiet there nowadays :)
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
farnsworth
Kuski

Post by farnsworth »

Unless you're going to play new games with high resolution and details, I think a laptop would be just fine:)
My mate bought laptop 1 month ago for 1k euro, which can even play new games, but i doubt you'll need that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wvVZw-XQIU
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

A laptop will just be a lot more expensive for the same parts you could put in a desktop. So I'd only go for it if you're gonna move around with it often.

About tv screen, likely it has a lot of lag and low refresh rate, so maybe not very gud for elma.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?