FEM2019: 11.-18.7.!

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Re: FEM2019: approximately 11.-18.7.! Please vote for exact dates

Post by Hosp »

If I come I can help cutting vegetables and stuff for food but I don't want to be responsible for ruining everyones fodd so best just tell me exactly what to do
ToMaT
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Put me on medium chances
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

Hosp wrote: 17 May 2019, 15:42 If I come I can help cutting vegetables and stuff for food but I don't want to be responsible for ruining everyones fodd so best just tell me exactly what to do
We can make vegan tortillas. I don't like cutting and I have a vision of the perfect outcome and how to get there!
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Most has been said already, but wanted to add a couple of points (in random order, as they come to mind).

Firstly, everyone who hasn't met Ramone (and those who have too), please bear in mind that he's psychologically an extremely excitable person. Even before I reached the end of his outburst, I realised that he just got very emotional so the posts wouldn't contain any reasonableness. IRL Ram is a very kind and loving person, just yes, a littel excitabel =)

Can't see terb0's post/threats anywhere, but if he wants to kick berh's (or anyone else's) ass, he'll have to kick mine first.

I can confirm that berh asked PEM mans about this, and we (me included) advised that he comes out and asks. I think he did it in a sensible fashion, certainly an improvement over last year's "I'm coming" :wink:

I, like many others, completely understand people's hesitation (or downright hate). And I do think it's justified. But at the same time, I agree with the words that forgiveness can help both sides a lot (despite those words coming from the culprit). I was hesitant about meeting berh too, but I did, and it was great. It certainly helps a great deal to actually see the face and hear the voice, because it's very easy to hone the evil image in your mind, fuelled only by bad memories. Meeting him is a confirmation that he's just not an evil guy. He surely went through a horrible phase (or many of them), but I do believe that he's not like that anymore. Not because he says so, but because I spent a few days in a single room with him.

Regarding what some mentioned and kuchi focused on in his post - I do think berh has difficulties expressing himself at times, and I'd say it's not just a language issue, because I had the same impression when talking to him in polish. Obviously it's much easier to account for this when talking irl than when reading online posts.

Maybe the most important bit:
Also semi-related, more related to what Lousku said about manipulation and blabla: I think berh got a few steps ahead of many others on this path to forgiveness, probably fuelled by being close irl friends with a couple of elmans and meeting many others happily. In other words, he spent the last few years "surrounded" by elmans who are totally fine with him, even some older kuskis (like me), who chose to forgive him. Moreover, he played EOL for quite some time under a fake nick quietly accepted by the mods, but following PEM, mods collectively decided to drop the false appearances and simply allow him to play under the nick people know him for. These things may've caused him to become a bit overconfident about his atonement and being forgiven, which now has kinda crashed into the "other" part of the community... But, having said that, he seems more understanding now than he did a year ago (in my opinion).
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Travelling by train, gonna need a monitor, please.
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Re: FEM2019: 11.-18.7.!

Post by nick-o-matic »

There's at least one extra monitor already, but I to gather more of them and also laptops/pcs for FEM purposes to our farm. So I am open for donations and/or buying them for a cheap price. If you want, you may even help by finding cheap ones and then sending them to me by mail (if you are not coming with car etc), I will cover that kind of stuff from the attendance fees.

Also I think it really looks like rather sure it is going to be 11.-18.7., so let's make that official. The action might already start on the Wednesday 10.7., but probably there's still organizational tasks to do, so I am not going to promise that, but the Thursday 11.7. I hereby promise. :)
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

Not 100% yet but no matter if I come or not, I will show something video related :)
I can get a flight Thursday-Monday straigth to that lappenrattatat which is kinda nice. I will try to get yanizzz to join (like very year) but he will not come (like every year).
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Great! Especially nice that the Lappenrattatat airport route could be useful to someone :) We are trying hard to get some traffic to our tiny airport :D
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

I will try to double-check everything on my end, but this may be the time in my life where everything actually lines up and I can attend. I guess it's been a long journey (over 15 years) so this could be a somewhat surreal experience (like meeting some kuskis in 2017 was: very awesome).

Don't know what to do for a PC as I've never owned a laptop, but whatever happens I'd want to bring my keyboard for sure. If there was a way to get a monitor etc. lined up that would be fantastic, but I'd want to confirm attendance 100% first and book flights.

Maybe it's time for a FEM bullet train? ;)
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Don't worry too much about the rig, as long as you can get something (anything) arranged. People are used to severely sub-optimal hoyling rigs at FEM :P

But yes, take your keyboard :smile:
terba
Kuski

Post by terba »

Thank you for your false news nom, stooq, pawq and others who spread this shit out of nowhere.

I did no threats at any point. Only expressed deep hate towards him.

[8:30 PM] terba: berh better not come, I will hate him forever
[8:30 PM] terba: a total dick
[8:30 PM] terba: or come and face hate
[8:33 PM] terba: he should be banned from eol, for life. biggest a-hole the scene has seen

And in february i even suggested: (thx dani for finding it)
"lets have berh in fem and show him our appreciation with hate and neglect etc like adults :D"

Witch hunt!
holja
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

I am terribly sorry and I am writing more detailed explanation post to the berh topic.

In other more positive news tomorrow veezay and Antti are coming to help in cleaning and organizing, planning and hoping to get a ton of stuff done.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

terba wrote: 23 May 2019, 17:29 Witch hunt!
Hands up who knows which political figure is well-known for using this phrase!
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Pls post berh things to the berh topic.
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

Lol a bit far fetched to get all political because of someone saying 'witch hunt' imo, has been a thing since the middle ages and probably even before that, not like Trump invented it.
ToMaT
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

I'm confirmed friday to thursday.
zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

I'm probably coming for a day or two or three. Probably not nights, only days. I'll inform later which days.
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

I am confirmation now: Fri morning - Mon morning, going to Lappenrattat. :beer:

Fun fact: I had to refuse an OK job offer to go to FEM but 5 mins after I booked my flight I got an update that the job moved to September and I'm still in :D
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

insane guy wrote: 31 May 2019, 10:17 I am confirmation now: Fri morning - Mon morning, going to Lappenrattat. :beer:

Fun fact: I had to refuse an OK job offer to go to FEM but 5 mins after I booked my flight I got an update that the job moved to September and I'm still in :D
Yeey!!
Gotta appreciate your initial decision though. :D Respect
36 club since 02/2024
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

FEM sheet here for noting down events, attendance, carpooling, equiptment etc.
bit.ly/fem19sheet
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

Update for Hosp: I will most likely not be able to come. Because of personal reasons I don't think it would be good for me. (+money reasons)
ToMaT
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Chill your bear lads!!! :D
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

https://bloxcar.fi/ could be an option to rent a car, it's "airbnb for cars". There are prices like 200e/week + petrol. Some friends have recommended the service but I haven't tested it yet. I don't have a car these days and buying one before FEM19 isn't very likely.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Heads up: following the success (read: pure joy) of previous editions, Couples Contest 4 will take place at FEM 2019!

For the first time, I won't participate in the contest, and instead I'll focus more on organisation.

There will be proper, well-defined rules.

There will be a proper couple matching system.

There will be a bunch of hilarious, but nevertheless competitive battles.

There will be films and pictures.

And, most importantly, there will be trophies!

Coming soon :bear: :metal:
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

Hype :bear:
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Tickets booked! I'll be at Helsinki at Monday morning (8th). Now to see what there is to do for a few days before FEM. :) I can also help out with a few things as well if you can use a hand.

Time to bring the Aussie touch to FEM. ;)
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

A.K.B. wrote: 9 Jun 2019, 02:40 Tickets booked! I'll be at Helsinki at Monday morning (8th). Now to see what there is to do for a few days before FEM. :) I can also help out with a few things as well if you can use a hand.

Time to bring the Aussie touch to FEM. ;)
My man!!! Awesome
36 club since 02/2024
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

I guess you can update me to high chance for Thursday and Friday and leaving on Saturday.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

That's the spirit Orcc and wow A.K.B., that is awesome, welcome! It also looks like Pab is coming, it would be bizarre to have people from Australia and Uruguay there even though Pab would come from Spain instead of Uruguay =D

Updated first post a bit. Added Kopaka's spreadsheet to the opening post and added the need of tableware like mugs and spoons and plates to the spreadsheet. Thank you for Kopaka also for sending email notifications about FEM to EOL users!

Also added this kind of detail about roads to use to the opening post:
nick-o-matic wrote: 14 Apr 2019, 10:25If you come by car, there are two possible gravel road routes to our farm, shown on the map. However, if you are coming from Parikkala direction or go to Parikkala to do shopping, please avoid the one small bit of road drawn in this map. It is being maintained by a local farm, and they collect fees from villagemans that use it (it is norm system in Fin countryside). However, we don't pay anything to them so we should avoid traffic which can be related to us on that road.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

15 years ago I attended my first Fem :)
Elasto Mania - ez better
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

I think I've lost count on my FEM's.

So would it be number 10? Sick, only feels like a couple times
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Can put me to confirmed 8)

Full time most likely 8)
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

:bear: :beers: :cat:
mr
38mins club

Post by mr »

There will be at least medium chances that I'll take part.
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Welcome to mr and also to danitah =D

I created a tourism section to the opening post:
nick-o-matic wrote: 14 Apr 2019, 10:25 Tourism in Eastern Finland

Especially for people coming from other countries or more faraway parts of Finland I would recommend to do some local sightseeing. I did my best to create a semi-comprehesive list of sights to you.

Koitsanlahti village:

Parikkala sculpture park (2km) Café Iloinen pässi (2km)
  • https://www.iloinenpässi.fi/
  • Local food and souveniers
  • For example bison burgers (there is a local bison farm, mb poss go there too)
Border zone signs (1-2km)
  • Signs that tell you not to go any further to the border zones
  • Do not go any further
Local berry farm (4km) Koitsanlahti manor (Koitsanlahden hovi) (3km) Orthodox-Karelian graveyard of Koitsanlahti Parikkala/Rautjärvi/Punkaharju: Uimola smoke sauna (30km) Hinkanranta smoke sauna (67km) Kollaa and Simo Häyhä museum (30km) Papinniemi camping (60km) Simpele antique and collecting summer event 13.-14.7. (10km) Eastern Finland: Savonlinna opera festival (70km) Lappeenranta (90km)
Attendance is getting really high, which is great. I am trying to gather enough mattresses and blankets and pillows to everyone, but to be safe, I recommend you to take your own blanket/sleeping bag if it is comfortably possible. A tent is a good solution if possible to take with you. Many people will have to sleep in the granaries or directly at the cowhouse attic, so to be safe, a sleeping bag is better because it is possible it will be a little bit chilly (+15 or less) at night even though FEM is at the warmest time of the year. Another thing is that some mosquito/fly repellent/trap solutions will be needed. I hope someone has good ideas for these. There is also some other needs like a router with more than 4 ethernet cable slots, I will update the need list to the spreadsheet soon. Would appreciate help with those things.

Time is getting tight, but I will at least try to arrange a FF-cup once again. Please send levels :)
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

I arrive in Helsinki at 14:00 on friday the 12th, and leave from Helsinki satuday the 20th at around 16:00. Took a few extra days after FEM to have some time to do some sightseeing. Rough plan right now is thursday and friday around Karelia area and then friday and saturday around Helsinki area. Possibly a couple small trips during FEM if there's some dull days, to see stuff such as the Parikkala sculpture park.

So I'm writing this in case others have similar plans, wants to tag along for some of it, or just have some ideas for what to see or where to stay. nom already gave some good ideas for Karelia area, ty. May rent a car to be able to get around and see stuff, and not waste hours due to train/plane schedules not matching up so well, unless better options presents itself.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

I think some short trip during FEM is ez, would love to go discgolfing! And that sculpture park on the way sounds nice =)

Also, in case anyone is considering travelling by train from Helsinki on Thursday (11.07), jblaze, Mielz and my are taking the train from Hki Airport at 13:21, with a change in Tikkurila (13:29-13:35), arriving in Parikkala at 16:31. roope mentioned that he and Haamu might also join that one, so let's make it a pre-FEM party! :D
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

pawq wrote: 18 Jun 2019, 23:39 I think some short trip during FEM is ez, would love to go discgolfing! And that sculpture park on the way sounds nice =)
I think we will go to the sculpture park together for example at Friday or Sunday morning, it is really a thing most people would find interesting and takes an hour or less if we go by cars :) And also forgot to write about disc golf, ez some trips together there as well. Third excursion we could do together would be the smoke sauna trips on both Wednesdays. Also I think some excursions with smaller groups to cafe Iloinen Pässi and to the border zone signs will happen.
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

ye those things sounds max, even if you don't care about sculptures or whatever it's nice to get out and socialize bit, disc golf at fem17 was one of the best moments for me

early on for fem17 there were talks of some hackaton of kinds for new eol site, in the end the site wasn't really ready for that, but we're in a very different place now, so things I could at least offer:
- if you have some ideas for new eol site that's maybe easier to explain in person feel free to come to me at any time
- if you're interested in contributing to the site but has a hard time getting started I can help getting you set up, or just answering any technical questions you may have
- dunno if some bigger discussion session regarding it would be interesting, and I may not be the guy to arrange it, but if there's interest it could be a possibility

also at fem17 zero asked me about third part of TKT level pack, and since then I've made exactly zero levels for it, I feel a bit bad since it was nice to know it was anticipated, but to make up for it I will make some kind of TT cup for fem, maybe with some new fancy real time results on projector, now I've said it here so there's no going back on it

also I think I've promised bene a pizza, so if there's oven and such for it and maybe one or two who wants to help I'm up for making some common food one night

also some people who are not attending have expressed interest in making levels, so if you're planning some contest and need help with levels I'd suggest speaking up now

also there seems to be about 5-6 of the elma wormers confirmed so far, so if you're interested in playing worms armageddon there's likely to be some games going on, so getting the game beforehand could be good idea, but it's also possible to play on same comp
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Levels needed for Couples Contest, as usual ;) Let me know if you'd like to make one or two!
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Id be happy to make a lev but no setup (will I?) yet. Could make at Fem but maybe too late?

Ill think of Idea :)
Elasto Mania - ez better
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

So sorry for late reply, been very inactive this year overall.

I can't come this year, I have a late vacation this summer and will work all weeks in july :/

Wish you all the best and hope you will have an awesome meeting!

Bjenn: Go to FEM!!
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Ramone wrote: 22 Jun 2019, 09:59 Id be happy to make a lev but no setup (will I?) yet. Could make at Fem but maybe too late?

Thanks, but you're playing! :P
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Moi!

Is it too late to apply for Thursday-Sunday (11-14)?

I'm 99% sure i can make it. I'm happy to sleep om the floor somewhere :)
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Ramone wrote: 22 Jun 2019, 09:59 Id be happy to make a lev but no setup (will I?) yet. Could make at Fem but maybe too late?

FFCup level needed from you, will not be late to make at FEM =)
Igge wrote: 25 Jun 2019, 15:53 Moi!

Is it too late to apply for Thursday-Sunday (11-14)?

I'm 99% sure i can make it. I'm happy to sleep om the floor somewhere :)
Moi! Ei ole, tervetuloa :D
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Awesome)

I'm thinking of maybe renting a car if no one is driving from Helsinki 11/7 and back on 14/7? Or maybe these will be pretty standard dates to travel?
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

pawq wrote: 18 Jun 2019, 23:39Also, in case anyone is considering travelling by train from Helsinki on Thursday (11.07), jblaze, Mielz and my are taking the train from Hki Airport at 13:21, with a change in Tikkurila (13:29-13:35), arriving in Parikkala at 16:31.
Come join Igge! :smiley:
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

pawq wrote: 26 Jun 2019, 13:52
pawq wrote: 18 Jun 2019, 23:39Also, in case anyone is considering travelling by train from Helsinki on Thursday (11.07), jblaze, Mielz and my are taking the train from Hki Airport at 13:21, with a change in Tikkurila (13:29-13:35), arriving in Parikkala at 16:31.
Come join Igge! :smiley:
Nice!

Just hope someone will be able to take me to train station/bus stop on Sunday as well to go home.
But I found a ticket that's leaving late so should have plenty of time to get back to Helsinki)

NoM does this count as confirmation for the trip?
Also where/how to pay the attendance fee? Cash on-site?
Or this part not settled yet?)

pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Nice that SAS has finally employed teleports :>
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Igge wrote: 27 Jun 2019, 17:10NoM does this count as confirmation for the trip?
Also where/how to pay the attendance fee? Cash on-site?
Or this part not settled yet?)
Sure it does =)

The payment part is not settled yet, you can pay at the place or with internet bank when everything is settled. About the payments: this year they are going to be approximately the same as before, which is something like 50-60€ for full time. However, I have been thinking about this whole payment system. For some people 50-60€ is ridiculously small money for a full week of cottageing, meanwhile for some others it is a really big money, and could even prevent them from coming altogether, which sucks really really much since the idea is that the FEM payment should be cheap. Thus, I have been thinking if it would be poss to go full communism and create a system, where rich ppl pay more and poor ppl less. This should somehow be based on voluntarity, so that no rich people would be forced to pay more than others. I have a few ideas for the practical implementation for this kind of system, which preserve anonymity and such. But first I would like to hear what do you think about this idea altogether.