New PR's discord channel

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

New PR's discord channel

Post by Kopaka »

So would like to hear some opinions, we have new thing where we're able to post all new PR's in eol in a discord channel, excluding "hidden" levels, which would be internals, battles, cups, so would there be any objections to this?

Some points from the discord discussion:

- it would be own channel, so you can just mute it etc if not interested
- playing hidden could be shown or not
- anything we show is visible today on the site, just would bring more of a spotlight on it
- mostly it's just putting public info in another place, could just imagine some scenarios where someone doesn't want the attention the moment they start trying a pack
- the main issue to discuss is whether everyone is comfortable with all PRs (except in internals and other hidden levs) being posted right away or not
- being able to block it by hiding yourself may defeat the purpose of the feature, but above point is valid as well
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Re: New PR's discord channel

Post by pawq »

Wow, so much response :bear:

I haven't caught up with everything yet (0% on discord), but it sounds like it could get very spammy.

I think times driven when hidden should be shown, cuz probably a lot of people are hidden by default and would get excluded without even knowing it.

Internal PRs could perhaps be displayed weekly as they get released on elmaonline.net, then we'd get a weekly snapshot of people's efforts :)

PRs in battles while battle is on should be excluded imo, even if battle is times shown, cuz that would get very spammy.
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Re: New PR's discord channel

Post by Chris »

It could bring some attention to levels and records that otherwise would never be noticed. I know that vz sometimes hoyl some random level and seeing progress live could be helpful for people who like to beat his times.

The issue is that eol is as I understand a bit inconsistent when it comes to displaying times if you play hidden. The times aren't shown in F7, but are shown in F5 and on eol site?
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()