List of features we would like to have in new version of EOL

Feature requests and ideas for the new unofficial versions of Elma and general talk related to those.

Moderator: Moporators

Post Reply
badyl
37mins club
Posts: 169
Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 20:41

List of features we would like to have in new version of EOL

Post by badyl » 24 Apr 2016, 09:51

I don't know whether a new version of EOL is ever going to happen, but if yes, we can write in this topic what ideas we have about it. Three from me:

1. Instant turn (no animation).
2. Changing LGR in-game.
3. Possibility of creating directiories and subdirectories in Rec folder and then opening them in-game in Replays menu (now you have to keep all recs in one folder)
Image

User avatar
Hosp
38mins club
Posts: 1820
Joined: 30 Aug 2009, 20:55
Team: MiE
Location: Uppsala, Sweden.

Re: List of features we would like to have in new version of

Post by Hosp » 22 Dec 2016, 08:44

MUST HAVE: Name of rec and lev when using RANDOMIZER in REPLAYS
Image
tomat

User avatar
ArZeNiK
Kuski
Posts: 286
Joined: 30 Jul 2016, 09:18
Team: Ferrari

Re: List of features we would like to have in new version of

Post by ArZeNiK » 29 Oct 2017, 05:06

replay download online from recsource for lazy mans
this signature is just as useful as elma in my life

Cold
Kuski
Posts: 25
Joined: 10 Apr 2015, 16:27

Re: List of features we would like to have in new version of

Post by Cold » 31 Oct 2017, 01:10

Sla wanted me to post this

Instant turn:
Addr: 0x0042003D
Old: je 0x004200BD
New: jmp 0x004200BD
Canada

sunl
Kuski
Posts: 325
Joined: 27 Jul 2013, 16:23

Re: List of features we would like to have in new version of

Post by sunl » 31 Oct 2017, 07:11

I love you!! Was looking for this forever :(

For the noobs:

Get HxD editor, open eol.exe and ctrl+F "74 7E DD 44 24 18 8B 44 24 18 8B 4C 24 1C DC 66"

Change the first "74" to "EB"

Save

Re-open elma

Tada

Edit: except it's not compatible with eol server rip

User avatar
iCS
Kuski
Posts: 227
Joined: 31 Dec 2015, 11:36
Location: Hungary
Contact:

Re: List of features we would like to have in new version of

Post by iCS » 31 Oct 2017, 09:39

Displaying nationality of the players in eol chat, so don't have to ask or lookup in elmaonline.net.

User avatar
ArZeNiK
Kuski
Posts: 286
Joined: 30 Jul 2016, 09:18
Team: Ferrari

Re: List of features we would like to have in new version of

Post by ArZeNiK » 31 Oct 2017, 17:47

iCS wrote:Displaying nationality of the players in eol chat, so don't have to ask or lookup in elmaonline.net.
or prob displaying name, team and country above players head?
this signature is just as useful as elma in my life

Cold
Kuski
Posts: 25
Joined: 10 Apr 2015, 16:27

Re: List of features we would like to have in new version of

Post by Cold » 31 Oct 2017, 21:13

sunl wrote:I love you!! Was looking for this forever :(

For the noobs:

Get HxD editor, open eol.exe and ctrl+F "74 7E DD 44 24 18 8B 44 24 18 8B 4C 24 1C DC 66"

Change the first "74" to "EB"

Save

Re-open elma

Tada

Edit: except it's not compatible with eol server rip
If you need anything else, just let me know.
I have a shit load of elma code mapped out.
Canada

User avatar
bene
Hot kuski
Posts: 796
Joined: 18 Aug 2003, 23:33
Team: dat
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: List of features we would like to have in new version of

Post by bene » 2 Nov 2017, 15:20

Make replay fast forward faster.
Image
Image
Image
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*

User avatar
Orcc
Moporator
Posts: 1574
Joined: 19 Oct 2004, 20:44
Team: IS
Location: Vaasa, Finland

Re: List of features we would like to have in new version of

Post by Orcc » 2 Nov 2017, 15:29

bene wrote:Make replay fast forward faster.
Yes, this would be very useful when watching team replays from ville_j
ReDesign Cup 2

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"

User avatar
ArZeNiK
Kuski
Posts: 286
Joined: 30 Jul 2016, 09:18
Team: Ferrari

Re: List of features we would like to have in new version of

Post by ArZeNiK » 3 Jan 2018, 08:45

so recently i got many ideas, many of them are probably nub, and it would probably need to recode the entire game, but:
-Showing name of lev, creation time and users name in replay section
-When new best time on internal, show when you've broken a target time (imo take directly from elmastats: ok, good, professional, wc), also show when new wr. Also show when you've broken minute TT limit.
-In Best Times section, show the top10 of individual profiles too, also in the whole comp best times part show how many records do each of the profiles have, like in Elmastats when comparing 2-6 players.
-Ability to change LGR-s ingame.
-Ability to change menu background theme (teh green shit) ingame too. Maybe space, aqua or something like that.
-Somehow, when you put a series of numbered levels (xxyy format, xx-name, yy-number) in the lev folder, the game should automatically put it in the levpac section, under xx name. The name could be changed afterwards ofc.
-Some levs besides EOL pack already in EOL folder when downloaded, maybe those that were put in levelpack section of 1.2?
-Higher resolutions available in teh eolconf.
-Ability to automatically save best time int (or some levpack, specified in eolconf) recs in the same format asballe recs (or maybe same format as in elmastats)
and that's it for now
this signature is just as useful as elma in my life

User avatar
Kopaka
Kuski
Posts: 6398
Joined: 23 May 2002, 13:59
Team: LAME
Location: In a northern danish city beating YOUR record.
Contact:

Re: List of features we would like to have in new version of

Post by Kopaka » 3 Jan 2018, 08:54

TGR wrote:-Higher resolutions available in teh eolconf.
Just fyi you can type in any resolution you want in that field. Although if you go much higher than the highest in the list the game can't handle it and will error.

User avatar
ArZeNiK
Kuski
Posts: 286
Joined: 30 Jul 2016, 09:18
Team: Ferrari

Re: List of features we would like to have in new version of

Post by ArZeNiK » 3 Jan 2018, 10:29

Kopaka wrote:
TGR wrote:-Higher resolutions available in teh eolconf.
Just fyi you can type in any resolution you want in that field. Although if you go much higher than the highest in the list the game can't handle it and will error.
oke thx
this signature is just as useful as elma in my life

User avatar
ArZeNiK
Kuski
Posts: 286
Joined: 30 Jul 2016, 09:18
Team: Ferrari

Re: List of features we would like to have in new version of

Post by ArZeNiK » 3 Jan 2018, 10:31

Idk if it could be possible to prevent some internal errors, ex. when rec file says it's too old/newdon't make it quit
or if it would be possible to increase the boundaries of the bugginess before interror comes? imo not
this signature is just as useful as elma in my life

User avatar
AndrY
38mins club
Posts: 361
Joined: 14 Dec 2015, 17:41
Team: VODKA
Location: Perm, Russia
Contact:

Re: List of features we would like to have in new version of

Post by AndrY » 3 Jan 2018, 20:51

would be nice, if poss to change resolution in game also (bcz of sudden flagtags)
TGR wrote: -Ability to change menu background theme (teh green shit) ingame too. Maybe space, aqua or something like that.
NO! WTF!? :o
Please, change lauta :bear: design.
Image
My levs and other Elma things: www.elma-andry.wmsite.ru

Cold
Kuski
Posts: 25
Joined: 10 Apr 2015, 16:27

Re: List of features we would like to have in new version of

Post by Cold » 3 Jan 2018, 23:29

TGR wrote:Idk if it could be possible to prevent some internal errors, ex. when rec file says it's too old/newdon't make it quit
or if it would be possible to increase the boundaries of the bugginess before interror comes? imo not
I patched most of the internal error in my elma hack, including going too far outside the level, wheels too far, etc... (it makes you restart the level instead of closing the game). I never encountered the rec file too old internal error, is it just that the date on the file is too new/old?

As for your other stuff, someone needs to tell me how the fuck to hook the drawing functions for elma so I can maybe add the other stuff. Old games are annoying to do so...

As for changing the lgr in game and background themes, no thanks... too much work.
Canada

User avatar
milagros
Cheatless
Posts: 4399
Joined: 19 May 2002, 17:05

Re: List of features we would like to have in new version of

Post by milagros » 4 Jan 2018, 00:09

internal errors were not removed, because it would allow for recs that can not be theoretically driven with original elma (bene recs)
fixing it such that the game does not close was too much work - basically the same function was called from various places and it would be hard to return to acceptable state from each place

also removing the error check could have caused comp freeze (division by zero) - it was possible but very hard to achieve even with sl
i used that check removal in that super old 55 rec (13.xx was it?) with free volting (not the almost acceptable bounce rec)
[carebox]

User avatar
ArZeNiK
Kuski
Posts: 286
Joined: 30 Jul 2016, 09:18
Team: Ferrari

Re: List of features we would like to have in new version of

Post by ArZeNiK » 4 Jan 2018, 07:06

Cold wrote:
TGR wrote:Idk if it could be possible to prevent some internal errors, ex. when rec file says it's too old/newdon't make it quit
or if it would be possible to increase the boundaries of the bugginess before interror comes? imo not
I patched most of the internal error in my elma hack, including going too far outside the level, wheels too far, etc... (it makes you restart the level instead of closing the game). I never encountered the rec file too old internal error, is it just that the date on the file is too new/old?
What elma hack? Could you send it to me?
The rec file says "too old" mainly when its a nitro one, but sometimes in other 1.0 recs too.
this signature is just as useful as elma in my life

Cold
Kuski
Posts: 25
Joined: 10 Apr 2015, 16:27

Re: List of features we would like to have in new version of

Post by Cold » 5 Jan 2018, 04:19

TGR wrote:
4 Jan 2018, 07:06
Cold wrote:
TGR wrote:Idk if it could be possible to prevent some internal errors, ex. when rec file says it's too old/newdon't make it quit
or if it would be possible to increase the boundaries of the bugginess before interror comes? imo not
I patched most of the internal error in my elma hack, including going too far outside the level, wheels too far, etc... (it makes you restart the level instead of closing the game). I never encountered the rec file too old internal error, is it just that the date on the file is too new/old?
What elma hack? Could you send it to me?
The rec file says "too old" mainly when its a nitro one, but sometimes in other 1.0 recs too.
I haven't released my hack since it can be used online and it includes all the nitro stuff. It's just a private hack for me.
If I were to release it publicly, I would have to make it only work in offline mode or something.

I could check the replay crash if you can send me a rec file that crashes.
Canada

User avatar
ArZeNiK
Kuski
Posts: 286
Joined: 30 Jul 2016, 09:18
Team: Ferrari

Re: List of features we would like to have in new version of

Post by ArZeNiK » 5 Jan 2018, 07:28

Cold wrote:
5 Jan 2018, 04:19
TGR wrote:
4 Jan 2018, 07:06
Cold wrote:
TGR wrote:Idk if it could be possible to prevent some internal errors, ex. when rec file says it's too old/newdon't make it quit
or if it would be possible to increase the boundaries of the bugginess before interror comes? imo not
I patched most of the internal error in my elma hack, including going too far outside the level, wheels too far, etc... (it makes you restart the level instead of closing the game). I never encountered the rec file too old internal error, is it just that the date on the file is too new/old?
What elma hack? Could you send it to me?
The rec file says "too old" mainly when its a nitro one, but sometimes in other 1.0 recs too.
I haven't released my hack since it can be used online and it includes all the nitro stuff. It's just a private hack for me.
If I were to release it publicly, I would have to make it only work in offline mode or something.

I could check the replay crash if you can send me a rec file that crashes.
oke
this signature is just as useful as elma in my life

User avatar
roope
38mins club
Posts: 1498
Joined: 14 Apr 2008, 17:58
Team: MiE
Location: jkl

Re: List of features we would like to have in new version of EOL

Post by roope » 5 Jan 2018, 23:57

Good feature: accurate stats

Once again I have 170 battles played in 2018/01 even though really it's 4.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club

Post Reply