BUG reports of elma1.2 BETA Version!

Feature requests and ideas for the new unofficial versions of Elma and general talk related to those.

Moderator: Moporators

MaZ
Kuski

Post by MaZ »

okey... im a noob, but where can i download elma 1.2 beta.
if it isn't for download. i would like to be a beta tester.
2fast
Kuski

Post by 2fast »

You can download it from somewhere in this forum,I got it from somewhere here too.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

OK, I got a bug :/

Sometimes when I watch replays and I press the +8speed buttom, then when I release it, it still plays with +8speed :/
I can stop it by pressing some other speed buttom (or the same), but still it's annoying...
MaZ
Kuski

Post by MaZ »

if i would make a wr (which i wont)...will elma 1.2 beta be considerd as cheating? :?:

and also another question...which doesn't belong here: What kinds of cheats are used on wrs? just statedit?

I've heard that milagros made the replay to fun2.lev...if he is able to do that he would probably be able to cheat a whole wr-replay to, right?
IM NOT ACCUSING MILAGROS OF ANYTHING.
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

MaZ wrote:if i would make a wr (which i wont)...will elma 1.2 beta be considerd as cheating? :?:
I don't think it's detectable which version you've used. If it is, it's just because Hibernatus wanted it to be.
I'm sure a lot of wrs have already been driven with 1.2.
MaZ wrote:and also another question...which doesn't belong here: What kinds of cheats are used on wrs? just statedit?
(Hopefully) the correct question would be "What kinds of cheats were used on wrs?"
The answer is that while statedit was most popular, also other cheats such as timescale and invulnerability (that was a long time ago) have been used, and possibly also other cheats that have been kept secret from "the public".
MaZ wrote:I've heard that milagros made the replay to fun2.lev...if he is able to do that he would probably be able to cheat a whole wr-replay to, right?
IM NOT ACCUSING MILAGROS OF ANYTHING.
Yes he would, but apparently it's detectable.
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

when i try to start the game (using xp) the screen turns grey. then pressing anything will close the program.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Antz wrote:when i try to start the game (using xp) the screen turns grey. then pressing anything will close the program.
Read the readme and run the resedit program.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

:oops: silly me not reading readme and stuff before whining here. it works fine now.
hilamr
Kuski

Post by hilamr »

I install the 1.2 patch, change some things like zoom, still food etc.
play elma a bit. :lol:
And then next time i want to change something i get this:
"Wrong File Size!" :evil:
when i open elma.conf
This is really annoying, because i have to reinstall the patch. :x
What am I doing wrong????? :?:
:roll:
Image TT: 43:16:22
2fast
Kuski

Post by 2fast »

Nothing,that happens to me too
Jeppe
39mins club

BUG!!!

Post by Jeppe »

I have a bug or some virus in my new elma =) it seems like i always get good drives and wr:s are ez to break.

im sorry this post was stupid :oops:
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

I tried to change those sounds in elma but I cant get it work, if I change a sound and get elma running ,the sound wont come and theres a silence instead. But in most cases i get only errors when trying to open a level to play. errors like:

Reszlet kilog wav-bol!
16 bites wav-nal nem paros byteszam! (abcd) <- in this case i might have changed the format,but later on, i only did little changes

I make a slight change in the original wav, like add echo or reverse or increase/decrease speed and still it aint work.

Anyone experienced with those sound files ?

OK what i now got is that its the program SOUND RECORDER i have problems with. If i only save a file there without making any changes to the wav, it dont work in elma12. So i need another program to handle wavs.
Orangery
Kuski

Post by Orangery »

Hib, I haven't tried the beta version yet but was wondering if you could include an option somewhere (maybe the editor) of whether to have the biker facing left or right at the start of a level?
Orangery
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

That would change playability quite a lot actually, the direction is so well attached to our senses that it would be quite a chaos for example playing warm up without changing direction, there would be people calling it cheating and unfair, because, it might save time, hihi.

But I don't think it's worth it cause changing direction doesn't bother me at all.
Orangery
Kuski

Post by Orangery »

Dz... I was really thinking along the lines of having the option of changing the direction of the biker at the start of a level during a new level design and not for editing existing internal, external files.
Orangery
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

So you're talking about level editor feature... well you can always ask the guy who published the new level editor recently which reminds me, I should try it sometime ;O
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Such a feature could be useful of course, but changing directions, as dz said, isn't really that much of a hassel.
Rules | FAQ
KD
Kuski

Post by KD »

I think it is better if u know by default, where is your biker facing when start, so u don't have to even look at the kuski, only the level. Though it is good maybe only in battles, i dunno.
Thinking is not entertainment but an obligation! - Strugatsky bros
Orangery
Kuski

Elma 1.2 and bugs

Post by Orangery »

The new version of Elma works pretty well... nice work Hib! The 1/10th zoom is quite funny.

A couple of bugs to report though... I can't seem to open the Lev packs in the game. There's a list to choose from but pressing enter or return doesn't do anything.

Also if I click the checkbox for zoom textures in 1024 x768 resolution then play the game there is no difference in appearance. After quiting the game and returning to the configuration program the checkbox is still unchecked.

Last thing... is there a way of changing the colour of the little view screen?
Orangery
SveinR
Moporator

Re: Elma 1.2 and bugs

Post by SveinR »

Orangery wrote: A couple of bugs to report though... I can't seem to open the Lev packs in the game. There's a list to choose from but pressing enter or return doesn't do anything.
To be able to use that function you will have to have the levs already installed in your 'Lev' folder. If you have that, when you click on one of the packs in the menu you will get to another menu showing the levs in that specific pack.
Orangery wrote:Last thing... is there a way of changing the colour of the little view screen?
What do you mean by 'view screen'? Do you mean the map/navigator ingame? If so, the only way to change its color is by using another LGR. For info on LGRs go here: http://www.moposite.com/downloads_lgrs.php
Last edited by SveinR on 15 Oct 2003, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
Rules | FAQ
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

SveinR wrote:you will have to have the levs already installed in your 'Rec' folder.
im sure that should be the "Lev" folder, but correct me if im wrong
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Ky.Jelly wrote:
SveinR wrote:you will have to have the levs already installed in your 'Rec' folder.
im sure that should be the "Lev" folder, but correct me if im wrong
You're quite right, I believe :)
Rules | FAQ
Orangery
Kuski

Post by Orangery »

What do you mean by 'view screen'? Do you mean the map/navigator ingame? If so, the only way to change its color is by using another LGR.
Svein... I called it a view screen because pressing 'v' toggles it on and off. Anyhow thanks for the advice although I still don't know how to change the colour of the navigator in my own LGR's... other people have done it.
Orangery
pedro
Kuski

Post by pedro »

i have a bug.... if you select merge replays and select to replays with different levels, when you touch the flower it says something but i didnt bother writing down
TT=44:59:63
proud member of team [MK]

Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

why would you want to merge replays from different levels anyway, i think just doing that is a recipe for disaster
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
pedro
Kuski

Post by pedro »

yes i know..... i just fooling around with it and it happened...
TT=44:59:63
proud member of team [MK]

Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Orangery wrote:
What do you mean by 'view screen'? Do you mean the map/navigator ingame? If so, the only way to change its color is by using another LGR.
Svein... I called it a view screen because pressing 'v' toggles it on and off. Anyhow thanks for the advice although I still don't know how to change the colour of the navigator in my own LGR's... other people have done it.
You will have to edit the picture called "QCOLORS.PCX"
Orangery
Kuski

Biker bits

Post by Orangery »

Thanks Kopaka... I'll try it.

When using the development kit to make your own LGR's why is the biker that is supplied with it broken down into only ten pcx images rather than eleven which most other skins are?

This basically means that the ndskin.exe program can only work with Action Supercross.
Orangery
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

I was working in the editor and suddenly it froze, but i could still move the crosshair. It looked like this (the colors are wrong): Editor bug
(Download instructions for mongos: Save target as)

I had just installed Elma1.2 Final Version, but the intro picture is the only thing changed in that, right?
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

There is another bug also in the 1.2 final patch, if you change picture properties and press "g" to the clipping option, the whole elma crashes.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

zworqy that happens in all elmas, it has something to do with directx. just press p to play and go back, it should go away. that is if it's the same problem i've had.
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Moposite doesn't support this version - yet. That's because I went to army and had no time to take deeper look to it. So someone with knowledge of Elma 1.2 list here the bugs and problems of it. Does every feature of it work? Where I can get the final version?
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

You can get final version on GuyB's site :arrow: http://vk0.dk/elmadk/ :arrow: http://213.237.35.1/acrossdk/elma12.rar

As far as I know there is no bugs in the 1.2 beta version, but there is that editor bug in 1.2 final.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

zworqy wrote:I was working in the editor and suddenly it froze, but i could still move the crosshair. It looked like this (the colors are wrong): Editor bug
Alt+Tab, some strange action, Alt+Tab back to elma, and you have that bug. No special occurance in elma 1.2 final.
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

I always get Zworqy's problem. Usually I just try to 'uncover' open or exit and it goes. Now I'll try p or alttab
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

IM usin 1.2 final and i got a problem with one of the lev packs my friend did eventhough i have finished one of the levs several times it doesnt show any times in the .txt
thats not so bad but the problem is i cant get any tt wiht that bug
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Any ideas why the beta version is working better than the final release? What got fixed to final version then?
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

I could check my log if I were home, but as far as I remember it only has different intro screen, I mean, not the ugly black screen saying it's "beta". And then it has the bug in editor which Hib tried to fix for me but I think it still bugged, I'm not sure though, I might have lost the fixed patch. Anyway I really really hope Hib would fix the final patch because it's much more pleasant in a way to play with "final" than "beta".
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

My beta version has magnusB's intro screen anyway, you can change that yourself.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Blah.

I don't want to publish two version of 1.2 on Moposite and can't decide which is better... Yea, it's pity that Hib disappered.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

You could maybe ask milagos for help, maybe he has knowledge about this programming. :?
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

i use 1.2 final, after downloading and playing hoyla ission levels i thought i had prety good TT (11.55.xx) and then suddenly i discovered it only has 38 levels in the stats txt. and it has just skipped some random levels(palakit,reTurnaround etc etc) BTW i got all 42 levels and finished em all
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

Abula wrote:Blah.

I don't want to publish two version of 1.2 on Moposite and can't decide which is better... Yea, it's pity that Hib disappered.
Well, at least don't publish 1.2 final since it has a serious bug.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Juski wrote:i use 1.2 final, after downloading and playing hoyla ission levels i thought i had prety good TT (11.55.xx) and then suddenly i discovered it only has 38 levels in the stats txt. and it has just skipped some random levels(palakit,reTurnaround etc etc) BTW i got all 42 levels and finished em all
That's because those 4 levels are Across levels.
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

any idea how i can fix that, so i can know my own TT??
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Try LevStats prgram on moposite
Raven
Moporator
Team: MiE

Post by Raven »

On my friends computer, when I downloaded 1.2 patch, when we hav played liek 10-15 minutes, computer shuts down... When we played 1.11h it didn't make that faking thing... In that computer it is Win XP... :cry:
Seize the day
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

1.2 final closes when you press 'g' in the picture clipping in the editor- max annoying.
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

thats very known bug, plus its fixed in 1.2 very final.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
Rez
Kuski

Post by Rez »

VERY final? :?