If you could choose one new feature..

Feature requests and ideas for the new unofficial versions of Elma and general talk related to those.

Moderator: Moporators

dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

If you could choose one new feature..

Post by dz »

if you were given the ability to summon one new feature to elma, what would it be? remember, only one.
it could of course be an improvement of something existing already, almost anything.

now, think carefully..
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

Windowed elma sounds coal.
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

i think i would go for fresh new internal levels
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

When you're playing some level, then in the menu for the level, there should be some buttom called replays, where all replays for that level is stored :wink:
jcl
Donator duck

Post by jcl »

ability to use irc inside elma, that would be very coal
the weed fan club
eL
Kuski

Post by eL »

cool editor!!!
The fact that bob isn't banned proves that even Abula makes mistakes...
eL - the n00best n00b of all n00bs
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Automatically saving of Best Time-replay...Example: 44John, 11John.
Would be smart but not a fun feature.
Jalli
Pipe King

Post by Jalli »

Average and tt-counter(s) inside game...
4th position in WC4 (DAMN YOU KARLIS!!!!) PWNED KARLIS IN WC5!!!!TT:39:2x:xx (you've got some playing to do Stini ;) ) When it's all over the question is not who was right. The question is who's left.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

A flawless online mode perhaps.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Forget my last post...
A checkpoint-placer would be nice. You can somehow place checkpoints and when you merge two replays you'll see how much time you're leading with.....But just when you merge replays not in real game...
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

if you could get something to attach to your brain waves that will automatically do wot u invision, like the bike guy is reading ur mind and doing as you ask,

that would be kool
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

duh teleporter :P
it would be the coolest thing EVER ! a lot of new external levels ideas will come, and you could do a perfect labyrinth ...

now for my less-important features... :
new motions - super-alovolt, hanging with the body of the motorcycle (somehow), and some insane ways to get a big momentum...
moving things in levels - you know... it's kinda boring when you see the same things again and again... and it's very hard to find new styles when the conditions of the area are same. ideas for moving things : elevator (which brings you up and down), active apples (moving apples !! isn't it cool ??), moving killers and end-flower :D (cool too, uh ?), momentumers (kind of moving wheel, half in the ground, which pushing you forward or backward), moving polygons (THE coolest thing ! you can find at least 500 different styles if you're hoyling a level for a hour).
new objects - faked killers and end-flowers, gravity-apples that you don't must to take to finish a level), cut-time apples (cutting a second from your time !), add-time apples (looks exactly like the cut-apples, but they're doing the opposite...).
some software changes - creating a stats file for your REPLAYS and for your externarls, hundreds of editable int. levels, a much bigger selection of colors in the editor, and the most important thing in the editor category - easy grass putting ! I hate to guess how the grass will look like and playing with the polygon for h-o-u-r-s !
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
2fast
Kuski

Post by 2fast »

I think more levels or teleporter
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

WorstKuskiEver wrote:gravity-apples that you don't must to take to finish a level
Thatwould r0x
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

John wrote:Forget my last post...
A checkpoint-placer would be nice. You can somehow place checkpoints and when you merge two replays you'll see how much time you're leading with.....But just when you merge replays not in real game...
I been thinking about some check points too that one could set in a certain lvl. Fx if u said a check point which u can only pass if u pass it under 15 sec this way u would avoid crap times if u set up more if these in the lvl.
Proud Member Of RDK
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

WorstKuskiEver wrote:duh teleporter :P
it would be the coolest thing EVER ! a lot of new external levels ideas will come, and you could do a perfect labyrinth ...
I'm pretty open for new features, but I really hate this idea.
WorstKuskiEver wrote:super-alovolt
Alovolt is enough.
WorstKuskiEver wrote:hanging with the body of the motorcycle (somehow)
Keep the body of the motorcycle immaterial.
WorstKuskiEver wrote:some insane ways to get a big momentum...
Be more specific please. Mind you, I'm probably against it anyway.
WorstKuskiEver wrote:elevator (which brings you up and down)
Nah. It would involve more luck than skill.
WorstKuskiEver wrote:active apples (moving apples !! isn't it cool ??), moving killers and end-flower :D (cool too, uh ?)
There were moving apples and killers in Across 1.0, and it wasn't very cool. Trust me.
WorstKuskiEver wrote:momentumers (kind of moving wheel, half in the ground, which pushing you forward or backward)
Is this really necessary?
WorstKuskiEver wrote:moving polygons (THE coolest thing ! you can find at least 500 different styles if you're hoyling a level for a hour).
Could be interesting, but again, more luck than skill involved.
WorstKuskiEver wrote:faked killers and end-flowers
Nah, I don't like.
WorstKuskiEver wrote:gravity-apples that you don't must to take to finish a level)
Finally an idea I like. I've been thinking about the same thing. In fact, I think there should be a different object than apples to trigger gravity in the first place. It's so annoying when you have to guess if the apple is a gravity apple or not.
WorstKuskiEver wrote:cut-time apples (cutting a second from your time !), add-time apples (looks exactly like the cut-apples, but they're doing the opposite...).
Jesus.................NO!
WorstKuskiEver wrote:creating a stats file for your REPLAYS and for your externarls
I don't think I need that.
WorstKuskiEver wrote:hundreds of editable int. levels
I'm in favor of new internals, but hundreds might be a bit overboard. By the way, you can edit the internals. Read the FAQ.
WorstKuskiEver wrote:a much bigger selection of colors in the editor
Everyone wants that of course.
WorstKuskiEver wrote:and the most important thing in the editor category - easy grass putting ! I hate to guess how the grass will look like and playing with the polygon for h-o-u-r-s !
Grass is easy to make. Read the readme.txt, or open someone else's level in the editor and see how they made the grass.
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

MagnusB wrote: I'm pretty open for new features, but I really hate this idea.

Alovolt is enough.

Keep the body of the motorcycle immaterial.

Be more specific please. Mind you, I'm probably against it anyway.

Nah. It would involve more luck than skill.

There were moving apples and killers in Across 1.0, and it wasn't very cool. Trust me.

Is this really necessary?

Could be interesting, but again, more luck than skill involved.

Nah, I don't like.

Finally an idea I like. I've been thinking about the same thing. In fact, I think there should be a different object than apples to trigger gravity in the first place. It's so annoying when you have to guess if the apple is a gravity apple or not.

I don't think I need that.

I'm in favor of new internals, but hundreds might be a bit overboard. By the way, you can edit the internals. Read the FAQ.

Everyone wants that of course.

Grass is easy to make. Read the readme.txt, or open someone else's level in the editor and see how they made the grass.
8O :wink: :lol:
first of all, sorry abour my TERRIBLE english... (one language is enough for 13 years old, don't you think ? :D )
now, for your reply -
1. you don't like the idea of teleporters ? wow i'm surprised... i thought everybody wants it...
2. I don't have even alovolt (setup problem), so maybe this idea IS not necessary...
3. hmmm but only for hangings... pleeease.... (of course not always...)
4. ok ok so the current motions are enough :(
5. you need to learn when the elevator comes.... it's not randomally...
6. oh well :roll:
7. ... skipping to the idea you like... - yeah I hate to play those external-levels and suddenly to fly towards the ceiling and crack my head...
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

MagnusB wrote:
WorstKuskiEver wrote:cut-time apples (cutting a second from your time !), add-time apples (looks exactly like the cut-apples, but they're doing the opposite...).
Good argument MagnusB. No sense in cut-time apples since in maximum hoyling you must take all advantage you can get. It's same thing with putting annoying shortcuts because the hoylers will use them anyway and if it's too annoying people don't play the level.
WorstKuskiEver wrote:creating a stats file for your REPLAYS and for your externarls
Isn't this included to 1.11hb and 1.2? Also there are external programs on Moposite (Stuff - Programs).

The rest things I agree with MagnusB.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

Abula wrote:
MagnusB wrote:
Good argument MagnusB. No sense in cut-time apples since in maximum hoyling you must take all advantage you can get. It's same thing with putting annoying shortcuts because the hoylers will use them anyway and if it's too annoying people don't play the level.
Isn't this included to 1.11hb and 1.2? Also there are external programs on Moposite (Stuff - Programs).

The rest things I agree with MagnusB.
yeah maybe the cut-time apples wasn't a good idea... (he he in second thought it sounds crazy...)
and about the stats file... I knew there is some program... but why we should download a special program for such basic thing ? :?
ThanaTos
Kuski

Post by ThanaTos »

what about an in game clock which shows the real time and which is placed maybe in the middle at the top of screen, but smaller in size than the best time numbers. Would be really great when playing battles, at least in the last mins of battles.
I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.
Harald Hasch
Kuski

Post by Harald Hasch »

when you go to the replays section, you should be there were you exit the last time.
oizo
Kuski

Post by oizo »

different types of apples.. with different colors,

like blue gives you a softer bike, and green gives you extra bounce ability etc :)
Image| TT: 41:xX:Xx
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

oizo wrote:different types of apples.. with different colors,

like blue gives you a softer bike, and green gives you extra bounce ability etc :)
different colors would be cool, but this softer bike & extra bounce ability..no thanks..
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

This is the "If you could choose one new feature.." topic. If you have suggestions for features you should post them here.
Of course you can post it here too if it's really what you want most of all, but I'm sure for example Harald Hasch can come up with something more important than "when you go to the replays section, you should be there were you exit the last time". :)
Orangery
Kuski

One thing

Post by Orangery »

A front mudguard is all that's needed to improve the game. :wink:
Orangery
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

jcl wrote:ability to use irc inside elma, that would be very coal
well, magnusb wanted windowed elma, then theres a freeware small program called "always on top maker" combine these too ,stretch your elma so it has few lines from the bottom space for irc, and put windowed elastomania in ON TOP mode. well, and thats the feature that i want, windowed elasto. Netplay is 2nd
The One
Kuski

Post by The One »

hmm being able to take graphics from one lgr to another (such as the style bikes to highq) would be awesome
easier to make lgrs (such as a sort of 'wizard' :) that would make one step by step)
having the option of playing lev packs in the internal style (having to complete one before the next)
being able to have several different riders (instead of just 2)
easier and better looking editor (i find the current one boring and hard to use)
i think thats all
jus a few ideas 4 anyone who is thinking of programming something like that :D

bye 4 now 8)
Hi! Im a signature virus! Copy me into your signature to help me spread!
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

The One wrote: having the option of playing lev packs in the internal style (having to complete one before the next)
Great idea, well, maybe not so much the 'unlocking' part, but to have a 'play next' feature would be good
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Jonnka
Kuski

Post by Jonnka »

I think netplay would be the greatest thing that can be made for Elma
(\/)
(O.o)
(><)
/_|_\
Copy the bunny to your siggy to help him achieve world domination

LaMe
The One
Kuski

Post by The One »

just a few more ideas
when you open up a level pack, you should get a menu like:

Lost Internals
Play Freeplay
Play Mission
Watch Replays

i think that would do. like you could have freeplay meaning you could mess about with levels but not be able to set records. the mission one would mean completing like the internal style. also, having organized replays instead of scrolling through a massive menu would be good. (i have about 272 recs)

the idea of apples which change your stats - no go :(
not a good idea it would completely change elma - for the worse

also, i love (!!!!!!!!!!!) the netplay idea
Hi! Im a signature virus! Copy me into your signature to help me spread!
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

The One wrote: like you could have freeplay meaning you could mess about with levels but not be able to set records.
Hmm, I fail to see the point in this, maybe you could tell me.
Rules | FAQ
Loz
Kuski

Post by Loz »

elmabattle.net!

better battle systems where people would hoyl until thier hands hurt...
team RATI www.teamrati.tk
Sammus
Kuski

2 things

Post by Sammus »

If i could make 2 alterations in elma, or across, here they would be:

1) BIGGER LEVELS!!! them maximum posible level size is too damn small, now noone complains about this, so is there some way araound it I've missed? I got ALE (advanced Level Editor) and you can make massive levels, but you get and 'Sorry, internal error <crash>' when u try to play them - if only you could zoom out forever

2) this ones a lot to ask, but instead of bloody swishing his arms and in my view cheating, it should be all about leaning - the arm swishing was only put in because it was hard without, but i NEVER swish my arms, if i swish my arms in a level i quit and restart, it hasnt been done properly otherwise. - I guess thats why i only play a few internal levels and ones me and my bro make lol, most other levels its essential

well, what do you think? lol

Sammus
SveinR
Moporator

Re: 2 things

Post by SveinR »

Sammus wrote: 1) BIGGER LEVELS!!! them maximum posible level size is too damn small, now noone complains about this, so is there some way araound it I've missed?
Noone complains because noone wants bigger levels. Most kuskis think an ideal level length is around 30 secs to 1:30 mins.
Sammus wrote:2) instead of bloody swishing his arms and in my view cheating, it should be all about leaning - the arm swishing was only put in because it was hard without, but i NEVER swish my arms, if i swish my arms in a level i quit and restart, it hasnt been done properly otherwise.
If the <- and -> functions were taken out of the game, elma would be a hell of a lot less fun to play, and would have a much less worth of playing durability.
Rules | FAQ
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

i would want bigger levels to work with aswell. and that no volting thing, i would never play it but it could still be some option in elma so you could have own records with that mode or whatever
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
jw
Kuski
Team: raam65

Post by jw »

wasn't elma mend to be without volting? and aren't (almost) all levels possible without volting?
Wazza
Kuski

Post by Wazza »

In the current version you only see the time of your run, in the menu, if you finish the level. How about putting the time of your ride in the menu even if you don't finish. The time of the replay if it is saved that is.
It can be told just under "Failed to finish". It would be great if you had just died next to the flower and you want to know what time you had.
Sammus
Kuski

Post by Sammus »

Okay, YES elma was meant to be played without volting, if you've read the creators notes he says he put it in because the learning curve was too steep without it, and yes, every internal level is possible without volting, and yeah 30 sec to 1:30 is a good time for a level, but mine last like about 20 or 30 seconds tops and are severely limited with such tiny workspaces (remember, its basic physics, time is dependant on both distance AND speed), so my dream mods for elma are to have bigger maps and being able to turn volting on and off, or just completely remove it.
I guess this is partly due to my preferred level style and style of play, but i dont think they should be ignored because SveinR can't control the bike without volting, or enjoys those crazy ass levels people create where its impossible to get anywhere without it, or whatever reason it is (most probably the latter id say), but unlike him, i dont mind that he plays the game differently to how i do or likes different sorts of levels to me, because that is all about opinion!, but personally i think volting wrecks the game and levels are too small. and thats about all i have to say about that - and of course that i want to be able to make bigger levels.
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

Sammus wrote:Okay, YES elma was meant to be played without volting, if you've read the creators notes he says he put it in because the learning curve was too steep without it, and yes, every internal level is possible without volting, and yeah 30 sec to 1:30 is a good time for a level, but mine last like about 20 or 30 seconds tops and are severely limited with such tiny workspaces (remember, its basic physics, time is dependant on both distance AND speed), so my dream mods for elma are to have bigger maps and being able to turn volting on and off, or just completely remove it.
I guess this is partly due to my preferred level style and style of play, but i dont think they should be ignored because SveinR can't control the bike without volting, or enjoys those crazy ass levels people create where its impossible to get anywhere without it, or whatever reason it is (most probably the latter id say), but unlike him, i dont mind that he plays the game differently to how i do or likes different sorts of levels to me, because that is all about opinion!, but personally i think volting wrecks the game and levels are too small. and thats about all i have to say about that - and of course that i want to be able to make bigger levels.
When reading this I wonder if you have played the game more than a few hours :?:
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Sammus wrote:I guess this is partly due to my preferred level style and style of play, but i dont think they should be ignored because SveinR can't control the bike without volting, or enjoys those crazy ass levels people create where its impossible to get anywhere without it, or whatever reason it is (most probably the latter id say), but unlike him, i dont mind that he plays the game differently to how i do or likes different sorts of levels to me, because that is all about opinion!.
I don't mind how you want to play the game, I just stated my opinion. If I was a little harsh when doing it I apologize, I didn't mean to be. Being able to turn volting on/off could be a good thing, but removing it completely would destroy the game, I think.
Rules | FAQ
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Clean Elma, not possible to cheat in that. Impossible to make, I know.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
bettlar
Beginner kuski

Post by bettlar »

if i could chose one new feature it would be the ability to chose between 2 game styles:
-drive for records (like it is now)
-drive adventure
-->the second mode would be different to the one we´re used to in that case that you have three lives and checkpoints (+ stuff youre used to from every other adventure game)

then it also would make sence to have bigger levels
--> because if you get crashed just start again from the checkpoint!

thta would be what id like 2 see in "Elma 2" :-)
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Still waiting for Elmamulti online :roll:
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

flagtag ez fun, used to play that before but now I dont have anyone to play with
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

So whane play flagtag online :P
Jonnka
Kuski

Post by Jonnka »

Ye, ez max flag tag online would pwn :P
(\/)
(O.o)
(><)
/_|_\
Copy the bunny to your siggy to help him achieve world domination

LaMe
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Sure, everyone whanes mulit online elma...

But I want to see Elma Missions! not like "get 5 apples and get to flower", btu more like you start off with something to do, then when you do it it tells you to do something else...I dunno, whatever
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

chux wrote: But I want to see Elma Missions! not like "get 5 apples and get to flower", btu more like you start off with something to do, then when you do it it tells you to do something else...I dunno, whatever
Could be nice....but then, there's the problem of hitting your head and having to start all over again. I rather think that, instead of having to start all over again, you could start where your head hit, after, say, 5 seconds (similar to when rolling over and being unable to move on car games).
Rules | FAQ
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

example of missions:

:arrow: Do the tricks they (whoever they are) yell out within the timelimit.
:arrow: Collect as many apples as possible on some adventurelevel with a timelimit of mayb 5 minutes. If u collect 50 apples u unlock gravity up and down-apples in editor, if u collect 100 apples u get gravity left and right-apples in editor and if u collect 150 apples which should be like 80% of all apples u unlock next mission/level or similar.
:arrow: Hillclimb
:arrow: Pipelevs, get as far as u can (no timelimit)
:arrow: 1 on 1 race against programmed driver (which means he always drive exactly the same way), and as the game goes on these drivers gets harder and harder to beat.
:arrow: Highjump and longjump event.

:D
Snipey
Kuski

Post by Snipey »

Racing against a ghost. (ghosted replay)(think mariokart 64 if you dont get it)
Checkpoints on Huge levels(so you dont have to start over when you're 10 mins into it)
Upgradeable bikes obv.
Being able to get off your bike (not for practicallity, Fun : :D )

just some ideas

-Snipey