gravity in elma.

Feature requests and ideas for the new unofficial versions of Elma and general talk related to those.

Moderator: Moporators

HerbieWest
Kuski

gravity in elma.

Post by HerbieWest »

In ELMA, gravity can only go down, up, right or left. It wouldn't add much to the game to have down-left directed gravity... BUT, i was thinking, how about gravity pionts somewhere in levels. That way, in any possition in a level, gravity would be directed to a single point in space.
gravity points could be triggered by designated apples (apple-1 triggers gravity point 1, apple-2 cancels gravity point 1 and triggers point 2).

One thing to decide about the physics of this pionts, is wether gravity acceleration should be constant or should it decrease as you go far from the piont (inversly proportional to the square of the distance as it works in real physics). With the second option you have a problem: if the bike falls IN a gravity point, gravity acceleration gets infinitly high (probably cousing a bug), so I would throw a killer in it. In the other hand, with the second option you can have more than one gravity point activated at the same time (with the constant gravity acceleration it would get kind of weird). Anyway I prefer the first option, it keeps the game simpler.

An interesting use of this would be to build a very large circular vertex, throw a gravity point in the middle, and make levels like little planets, like a normal level except, if you go in the same direction for a while you end up in the same spot (Imagine a labyrinth carved inside a planet). you could also jump from planet to planet changing gravity points. You could put a piont in mid-air and use it as a gravity slingshot.

And option like this wouldn't change the escence of the game so much (specially if used in large scales) and it would a add a lot of possibilities for level designers (anyway it would just be an option).

Maybe is a dumb idea and maybe its very hard to program, but its always good to share...
2fast
Kuski

Post by 2fast »

very good idea :lol:
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

It sounds very funny, but I think it might be a bit too confusing when you're playing. We don't know that until we've tried of course.
jcl
Donator duck

Post by jcl »

IMO gravity changes should be removed from elma
the weed fan club
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

i think elma should be removed completely!
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I think you should be erased completely
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

the idea is great. i think it might be good if there were arrows around the kuski pointing towards the gravity points with the size telling how strong the pull. it could be switchable like with map and time. that way you'd know where your bike is going to fall towards to
Loz
Kuski

Post by Loz »

Interesting idea, would be cool :D
team RATI www.teamrati.tk
AlienKuski
Kuski

Post by AlienKuski »

I think there should be no gravity apples in elma, or at least there should be some arrows in the apples to show the direction of gravity change... :?
Happy Höyling everyone
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

Arrows in the apples is good idea, thought of before too. But remove them? That's just stupid...
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
AlienKuski
Kuski

Post by AlienKuski »

Oh well, sometimes gravity apples are needed. But in many levels, there's just too much of those. :roll:
Happy Höyling everyone
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

Well don't play bad levels then...
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
AlienKuski
Kuski

Post by AlienKuski »

Hm... I don't think i sent two messages that are exactly the same... :oops:

All right, now I'm just trying to improve my times on internals.
I still have a lots o' höyling... :hangover:
Happy Höyling everyone