bananas

Feature requests and ideas for the new unofficial versions of Elma and general talk related to those.

Moderator: Moporators

onlainari
Kuski

bananas

Post by onlainari »

Well, this could have been under couple other topics ,but in this new version forum,its maybe more free to post a topic if its unique,so here's my idea.

There could be another object among apples. This has been thought of already ,but i'll introduce what i would want from it.

For instance banana that is not needed to collect. It would boost the bike. Eazy code ( like mila hib etc found out the rotation speed) So it would like boost the speed to some value.

This preference would be useful for mong levels. It wouldnt be in internals. Player can put bananas to make elmer to go krazy and wild. Maybe useful for real levels too.. A better way to get player from A to B to boost him for instance UP in small and restricted areas.

This wouldnt be any harm for elma, simply meant to use in mongo and play around levels, and in competitions,if it was used,pros would give hard criticism and thats why ignored if it was a misuse.
2fast
Kuski

Post by 2fast »

Deffinately not the best idea,but would be c00l
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

boost means... more speed ? like a little "push" from behind ? and the speed decreases every second ? hmmm...
well, i think we should NOT use it for making internal WRs... it's actually deleting years of hard hoyling, and it will be SO superfluous that everybody could put bananas where ever they want to... it's like diferent internals for everybody...

another thing - even if records with this prog will be forbidden, it's like creating another nitro... and someone for sure will be able to crack this patch and use it for making records....

so, i'm sorry for being such an evil ideas-killer, but i really think we should consider the possible results of this idea.

maybe if the effects of the banana will be less revolutionary or a little bit different, this idea will be very useful.
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Ehhh, WkE. I don't think you understand, it's the DESIGNERS that have to put the bananas in their levels. So they won't be in the internals we have now.
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Look how much we all complain about n00b gravity levels, surely new n00bs will make banana filled levels...
I think having bananas is a good idea, maybe oranges and watermelons too, they say we should eat 5 peices of fruit a day.
There should be more variety in fruit, but no special feature.

Ooh! Maybe a storyline too...(this isnt the right place...)
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
Chris Penrose
Donator duck

Post by Chris Penrose »

Maybe not a banana but a motor-booster.
I mean, how is eating a banana going to make you go faster on a bike? Only possibility is eating enough to make you fart like crazy which would propell the bike forwards.
Watch the birdy...
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

I've propably said this before, but I want homing missiles and minigun............NO, no guns, no fart and definately NO BANANAS, PLZ!

keep it simple stupid
Tomorrow's Lucky Run Solutions Today
Flowertouching Men
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

Chris Penrose wrote:I mean, how is eating a banana going to make you go faster on a bike?
good lord chris penrose you should not say stuff like that. seriously. this game is about a motorbike, an apple, and a flower. adding a banana there is lot more fitting than adding some mechanical coal turbo booster.
Chris Penrose
Donator duck

Post by Chris Penrose »

Is it a magic banana then?
Watch the birdy...
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

yes. it's probably floating in mid-air anyway. going round and round and round in its never-ending trip around itself.

btw an interresting thing about the speed boosting would be that most of you probably know when you increase acceleration in nitro the back tire easily trips the whole bike. so booster would not necessarily have to be an easy help. acceleration 1600 would make the bike very hard to use. maybe the booster could also lock the gas on?
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

Hmm i didnt think it that way... I was just thinking that the speed of the bike and the kuski takes kinda teleport to a situation where it itself is on speed...like it had earlier gained the speed
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

just like a fu**** boost / burst ,, you eat a banana you fuking swing for and slow down the speed again, like you use a nitro in off-road or when you collect a piece of motor or a wheel in RC PRO-AM, yeah.!.!
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

I think it would be too fu**** up, it would complicate the levels for nothing, the game is nice and shouldn't change !

Except for new FEATURES, no MAGIC BANANA SH**...
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Banana bombs like in Worms would be coal :D
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

To blow up walls? Make holes in the ground to use as ramps...coule be fun!
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
AlienKuski
Kuski

Post by AlienKuski »

Um... A banana bomb?
Why not a nuclear missile?
No weapons whatsoever. :evil:
But the banana idea, that could be c00l... but not for the internals. :o
Happy Höyling everyone
Crypt
Kuski

Bananas

Post by Crypt »

Bananas are a good idea, but yes just not in internals since it would ruin that expierence. I guess some n00bs would create a map filled with bananas.. and they get annoying at times
TT ~ 50:42
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

wet dreams about that? ugh :D
TT ~ 50:42
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

this idea just sounds bananas to me.....