20 pretty cool of my ideas for new version

Feature requests and ideas for the new unofficial versions of Elma and general talk related to those.

Moderator: Moporators

Crusher32
Kuski

20 pretty cool of my ideas for new version

Post by Crusher32 »

My 20 Ideas for new version of Elma

1. Get rid of the external emlmaconf.exe which is in 1.11h and have Alovolt key binding in where the other key bindings for the individual players are along with an additional Pause button which can be found and bound in there too.

2. Fast search automatically on and replay control keys automatilly on. (Pause on frame Space, Backwards Down, Replay faster Forward, Replay fastest Up.) have merge replay option. (same with what in 1.11b)

3. Get rid of Brake alias and ESC alias because I dont see the point in it. Why have 2 buttons that do the same thing?

4. Have a resolution function which u can toggle from within the game in the options menu. maybe windows elma but i dont really see the point in that.

5. For earch player from within the game have it so u can toggle colours for different parts of the rider & the bike & a picture of the rider & bike so u can preview it. (change colour of helmet, shirt, pants, bike.) & have a variety of colours. have mud guards on bike. maybe have the option to toggle a cigger hangin outta his mouth lol. maybe smoke comin from the exaust pipe.
hold accelorate & brake to do a burn out... i dunno....

6. Have different fruits instead of apples which trigger gravity. (different fruit for up gravity to left gravity to right gravity but apple to return to normal gravity.
For example Bannana to trigger gravity to left. if u get another bannana u'll continue gravity to the left. If u get a watermelon or something it would trigger gravity to the roof. but if u get an apple it would take u back to the ground.
(this could apply to iternal levels without changing times.)it would just look cool

7. U know how u can press CTl+Alt+Enter to get times from replayes. well instead of that u should just be able to press Ctrl & get a list of options (Open replay, Delete & Rename) U should even be able to delete & rename external levels from within the game. & rename names.

8. A speedomiter would be pretty cool which u could toggle from mph to kph and top speed capture maybe.

9. A Ghost which u can toggle on or off whicn repsesents the replay of the fastest time for the level. (fastest times for levels automtically get saved so they can be replayed as ghosts.) maybe saved as xxxxxxyy (xxxxxx representing first 6 letters of player name, yy representing level number of external level.) maybe for external levels u could choose which replay would be used to represent the ghost but it would have to be a replay from the same level. this could maybe also apply for the internal levels so that u can put yourself up against a ghost that doesnt have the best time for more of an equal challenge.

10 New internal levels.
these could be uploaded al moposite for voting or something before they got added. they'de have to be good ones covering a variety of cool & new tricks that u couldnt do in the earlier internal levels to get a good time.

11. remove locking on editing levels. this is just annoying i cant see the point in having it. they're Emla levels not important documents. I dont really know much about the editor but im sure someone could elaborate on things that could be done to make it better & easier to make levels.

12. Secret area in hard places to get to in every internal level (well maybe not all but more). & when u touch it u exit the level & than it can say secret area found next to the level list. but they gotta be really hard to get to and find. this could be really fun. no actually instead of the secret area sign make it a watermellon. for example on level one ya have the watermelon next to the roof of the level so u cant see it & its practically impossible to get. maybe for every 3 secret watermelons u find there is a secret level opened which is really hard & if u can find the secret in that well your just a champ. maybe 5 secret levels or something which means 15 secret watermelons in the game... I love this idea.

13. (for external levels). Grounds that bounce u when u land on em like trampolenes. Elivaters, elivators triggered when u drive on them, Escilators (drive against them & go slower, drive with them & go faster) Rocks that u can drive into & platfroms that fall down when u land on them. Cannons (sorta already have them with the narrow parts that u can break & go quicker when ya between em. if u know what im talkin about) umm teleports. giant fans that blow u around. I mean theres already invisible platfroms. have ice where it hard to break cuz ya slide.

14. get rid of that internal error when u stretch your boke to far. just have a limit to the amount it can stretch rather than kick u out.

15. have merge record option. also have it so u have the coice to only merge one or some of the names from a state file instead of just everything.
have it so u can merge just single player. or just muliplayer times instead of both.

16. mulitoplayer options? anyone got any ideas cuz i cant really see a point in it or how it would work. online or or modem to modem or even in a lan. u might as well both use the same keyboard cuz if ya gunna do records ya gunna be starten the level like a million times & when ya not there to talk with eachother it could get complicated.

17. Have a quick save button & quick load button so u can do pasrtial levels at a time. (umm actually that would be really bad)... maybe u could just make it so it u can have yourself set up in different parts of a level so u can practice different parts of the level. press a key to save where u are & another to start back at that point but it wouldnt be applicable to make a record for the level. just for practice purposes.

18. Training levels for individual different volts. name of the level what the volt is called. get to knw the name & how to do all the funky different tricks.. bounces & stuff

19 have beginner intermediate advaced & expert target times built in for each level. give ya an idea of how good ya are.

20. Background that move & nbew terrain. maybe rain (that moves) snow, trees that move with the win etc.

I cant think of anything else at the moment.
ok maybe ive gone a bit far with some things but im given ya stuff to think about.
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

only read until 10. or so...
im not the one who critizizes this, but many will...
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Re: 20 pretty cool of my ideas for new version

Post by dz »

Crusher32 wrote: 1. Get rid of the external emlmaconf.exe which is in 1.11h and have Alovolt key binding in where the other key bindings for the individual players are along with an additional Pause button which can be found and bound in there too.
why?
Crusher32 wrote:2. Fast search automatically on and replay control keys automatilly on. (Pause on frame Space, Backwards Down, Replay faster Forward, Replay fastest Up.) have merge replay option. (same with what in 1.11b)
isn't it better to have so that you can adjust them as you like them best?
Crusher32 wrote:3. Get rid of Brake alias and ESC alias because I dont see the point in it. Why have 2 buttons that do the same thing?
for me, ESC alias is one of the most used option after alovolt. normal quit as ESC is just too far away to reach without moving hands, very useful in short levels where you press ESC all the time.
Crusher32 wrote:5. For earch player from within the game have it so u can toggle colours for different parts of the rider & the bike & a picture of the rider & bike so u can preview it. (change colour of helmet, shirt, pants, bike.) & have a variety of colours. have mud guards on bike. maybe have the option to toggle a cigger hangin outta his mouth lol. maybe smoke comin from the exaust pipe.
hold accelorate & brake to do a burn out... i dunno....
uhm.. something like that could be nice i guess.
Crusher32 wrote:6. Have different fruits instead of apples which trigger gravity. (different fruit for up gravity to left gravity to right gravity but apple to return to normal gravity.
For example Bannana to trigger gravity to left. if u get another bannana u'll continue gravity to the left. If u get a watermelon or something it would trigger gravity to the roof. but if u get an apple it would take u back to the ground.
(this could apply to iternal levels without changing times.)it would just look cool
i admit there could be some special "definition" on gravity apples, but not too many different looking objects.
Crusher32 wrote:9. A Ghost which u can toggle on or off whicn repsesents the replay of the fastest time for the level. (fastest times for levels automtically get saved so they can be replayed as ghosts.) maybe saved as xxxxxxyy (xxxxxx representing first 6 letters of player name, yy representing level number of external level.) maybe for external levels u could choose which replay would be used to represent the ghost but it would have to be a replay from the same level. this could maybe also apply for the internal levels so that u can put yourself up against a ghost that doesnt have the best time for more of an equal challenge.
yes ghost... well it's not necessarily that good idea after all, it would, in some way, get people just copy styles more rather than being creative and making own decisions since with ghost bike it would be alot easier than it is now.
Crusher32 wrote:13. (for external levels). Grounds that bounce u when u land on em like trampolenes. Elivaters, elivators triggered when u drive on them, Escilators (drive against them & go slower, drive with them & go faster) Rocks that u can drive into & platfroms that fall down when u land on them. Cannons (sorta already have them with the narrow parts that u can break & go quicker when ya between em. if u know what im talkin about) umm teleports. giant fans that blow u around. I mean theres already invisible platfroms. have ice where it hard to break cuz ya slide.
sounds like extremely not-fitting in elma and the idea why elma is this popular. invisible polygons are probably already the stupidest thing there in level layout, so no.
Crusher32 wrote:14. get rid of that internal error when u stretch your boke to far. just have a limit to the amount it can stretch rather than kick u out.
good point.
Crusher32 wrote:15. have merge record option. also have it so u have the coice to only merge one or some of the names from a state file instead of just everything.
have it so u can merge just single player. or just muliplayer times instead of both.
i don't exactly know what you mean, but there is merge option for both single and multiplayer times.
Crusher32 wrote:17. Have a quick save button & quick load button so u can do pasrtial levels at a time.
(umm actually that would be really bad)...
indeed. there is internal unlocked levels as externals for practising.
Crusher32 wrote:18. Training levels for individual different volts. name of the level what the volt is called. get to knw the name & how to do all the funky different tricks.. bounces & stuff
there are many external levels dedicated to training all kinda tricks, for example "tricky world".
Crusher32 wrote:19 have beginner intermediate advaced & expert target times built in for each level. give ya an idea of how good ya are.
built-in - impossible. styles are being invented all the time and times are improving massively, it would just not work in-game. target time lists needs updating once in a while.
Crusher32 wrote:20. Background that move & nbew terrain. maybe rain (that moves) snow, trees that move with the win etc.
maybe in some way... but again, it should be something that is not too complicated and disturbing.
Luther
37mins club
Team: ICE

Post by Luther »

Crusher or whatever:
LOL! i wouldnt have gotten any wrs and wouldnt have made enigma either without BRAKE ALIAS. Best function in a long time. noob..
Nekit for president
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

apart from the fact that most of this has been said in other topics, i will agree with luther and anyone else that says brake alias is great, i suck at elma but would suck even more with out it.

somewhere in the list you mention saving midway throught levels, correct me if im wrong but isnt this the perfect thing for people that will cheat,o well
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

I'll reply here too to vote against suggestion number 3. I need both alias keys... ESC alias everytime and brake alias on certain levels to let my hand rest more :)

Making different objects for different gravity apples, sounds like possible for coders like milagros,hibernatus,mgen, could be solved and could be nice.

voting new internals: Well that could be cool,instead surprisingly get hit with new levs we could get to know some levs and then accept them. OLPs were a bit failure imo, too mysterious levels, I dont know.

14. ye
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Save/Load program would ruin it, although I do always find myself wantin gone when I hoyl Headbanger...
Ghost is a great idea even though it's been said before. Surely it shouldnt be too hard to make one...? Kinda like merge replays but with an active player as one of them...
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
ireneusz
Kuski

Post by ireneusz »

Crusher32 wrote:17. Have a quick save button & quick load button so u can do pasrtial levels at a time.
this would be good for practice that part of level witch requires let say speed or rotation at the begin of the part. so the externals are no good.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

ireneusz wrote:
this would be good for practice that part of level witch requires let say speed or rotation at the begin of the part. so the externals are no good.
It would be very, very bad to have such a feature. And that is a fact.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

Crusher32 wrote: 3. Get rid of Brake alias and ESC alias because I dont see the point in it. Why have 2 buttons that do the same thing?

Lets get rid your of ideas because I dont see the point in those
Tomorrow's Lucky Run Solutions Today
Flowertouching Men
Rez
Kuski

Post by Rez »

Crusher32 wrote: Rocks that u can drive into
there is no problem to make them in normal elma.
here an example:
http://mitglied.lycos.de/gax2008/dg041.lev
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

how in the world do you do that?! 8O
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Karlis wrote:
Crusher32 wrote: 3. Get rid of Brake alias and ESC alias because I dont see the point in it. Why have 2 buttons that do the same thing?

Lets get rid your of ideas because I dont see the point in those
well i wouldt care because I dont use either of them anyway :)
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

d.giovanni wrote:
Crusher32 wrote: Rocks that u can drive into
there is no problem to make them in normal elma.
here an example:
http://mitglied.lycos.de/gax2008/dg041.lev
I think what he means is, rocks/ball-like things that roll when you hit them.. So you hit one, and then it will move/roll further down the track. Anyway, I don't think that's a feature that would befit elma.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

I was thinking the ground should have a layer of mud on it, so when you land or something you leve a crater you can use for ramps...hmm
Some textures are like metal though, so they dont change
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

NOOO!!!!! stop telling thoose stupid suggestions!!!! it would just ruinin the game! The thing that made elma so popular is the simpelness, and if you ppl dont get that go BW or something.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

The ability to shoot Killers away. :P
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

What about a flame thrower to dig through polygons like in worms world party
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

OMG flamethrower! Great idea!
And bombs too, and the ability to 'invert' stuff, like Killer -> Apple -> Killer!
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

and fake flower traps that change to killers when you touch them and invisible apples and cheats and something else that just destroys everything.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
Rez
Kuski

Post by Rez »

elma 2 should be a 32 bit colour game.