Elma 2.0 rumours,facts and your hypothesis

Feature requests and ideas for the new unofficial versions of Elma and general talk related to those.

Moderator: Moporators

onlainari
Kuski

Elma 2.0 rumours,facts and your hypothesis

Post by onlainari »

As one conclusion of this topic: http://www.moposite.com/mopolauta/viewt ... sc&start=0 Elma 2 is probably coming out in about half a year. This is a pure assumption that those forum users at that topic are speaking the truth, so we may call it a rumour,that Elma 2.0 is coming out.

It seems that there are more than one person that has information about the case. Probably more information and rumours spread around as time passes. Probably more users gains more information and so on. So if you hear rumours or if you know some facts, tell them here so more elmers will get to know the information and thus keep the motivation to hoyl and stay in the scene I think.

You can help fellow elmers to understand your words if you tell them if it is a fact, if it is a rumour of what level or if it is your strong or weak guess. e.g. Here's a imo strong rumour: Elma 2.0 is coming out in about 6 months.
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

hmmmmh... I think the hardest question in my mind regarding this is that will it have number of same levels as Elma 1.0 had when it was updated from Action Supercross. So 50/50 imo

If the elma 2.0 would have been made because of the huge request of Elmers themselves,then I have a strong feeling that it would have some kind of online mode. Probably the game has been indeed requested by us,probably milagros and abula. Other possibility is that Balazs makes it more like from his own head adding the new features as he comes up himself like Across was most likely updated to Elma this way. No one really knew what would it include.

Other updates are most likely in the menus and level editor. They will be probably more handy and easy to use. Level editor can make round etc. objects. Also the rec-limit will probably be higher again :)

These are all my guesses.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

I really hope there is gonna be a bunch of new levels.

Anyway... omg is it elma 2, w00t nice :P
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

My own guess is that it is more cheater save, e.g better encrypted state, or something. And what about the look of the bike and stuff, will it remain the same? Question, questions, and not even sure of the actual release of this new game. :?
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

I think he will need some help if he wants to make it more cheater safe, because mila abula haydonat0r knows better what progs cheaters use, or am i wrong??
And i really hope there gonna be all new levs.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

i hope elma 2 never happens.

and if it does, and it is significantly different, i'll still play elma 1
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

sierra wrote:i hope elma 2 never happens.

and if it does, and it is significantly different, i'll still play elma 1
you wont

when elma came I guess many liked across better at 1st cause they were used to it.. but not later on
Elasto Mania - ez better
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

you mean hibernatos, juski?
Anyway, one thing we all admire: it has to be better than elma 1! :wink:
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

i dunno why elma 2 would come in 6 months, in that email there was no time was there?

anyway, i hope elma 2 will be diametrically different. otherwise, what's the point with a new game? small features and stuff could just as well be elma 1.2b; elma 1.2 already has too many features for elma, like the zoom modes, which i never tried, but it's cheat.

elma is a nice game and i dont want elma 2 as an update or a substitute. i like the old elma feeling and cruising, and the wr total time can still sink minutes!

elma 2 should be a new concept. still based on the physical model of a bike, but more moves! pull bike up to jump higher, crouch to go under low stuff, super spin jumps and shit! a physical model has great potential for tons of moves, unlike normal games which need all moves programmed by themselves.
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

If it was to come, it SHOULD have many things done differently. Risks has to be taken, otherwise there wouldn't really any reason to make a new version.

Oh, and all levels new, please. Just let the old ones go, they have been there well long enough.
Juble
Hat tricker

Post by Juble »

dz wrote:Oh, and all levels new, please. Just let the old ones go, they have been there well long enough.
Yes. All new levels would make it great, but hopefully they miss out on those fast speed levels (eg: sink, steep corner, bumpy journey etc...).

And new features for the editor, just fun finding new stuff to use. :]
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

All I demand of a new Elma is that the same game engine is used, so if you're good at at Elma 1.x, you will be good on Elma 2 without having to re-learn every move. (Some additions to the game engine is ok though, like crouching or something)

Note: This is my 1400th post!!!
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

If possible perfect the game engine so it wont be the same, the best ones on elma will still prolly be among the best ones on elma 2 because so much different it wont by if you use the same controls
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
Ramzi
37mins club

Post by Ramzi »

I dont want Elma 2 i love normal elma and i wanna that normal elma be main :S
TT: 37.5x.xx|||| TeaM : [GF]
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

zworqy wrote:All I demand of a new Elma is that the same game engine is used, so if you're good at at Elma 1.x, you will be good on Elma 2 without having to re-learn every move.
Now that's exactly what I meant... the physics of elma at the moment is so good we can't think of any improvements, so why create a whole new game with same physics? Feels just like a useless upgrade. Sometimes you need to have the guts to take risks and try to create something new and unexpected, STILL trying all the time to include the main fun factors of earlier versions.

It could be a failure and keep people away from it, or it could be enough distinct and fun to really get people playing more, even the ones who have played the game long time already and more or less quitted playing.
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

i suppose for a while i would play both, and then eventually maybe only play the new one

but i don't like to think about that. elma is absolutely perfect :(
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
bob
Kuski

Post by bob »

elma 2.0 should be very different to normal elma, or else, like dz said, waht is the point?

it would be great for a new style where even average players of normal elma have the same chance of being as good as kuskis who get WRs in normal elma. to do that without them having SOME advantage though would be a TOTALLY different game, but still change some of the physics, add some new moves etc

i think it should be more technical.

either way, im ready for a change. something new and exciting, atleast for awhile.

across players did not predict just how different elma would be, so maybe we should be prepared for anything.
mcleod
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Well the change from Across to Elma was worth it...wasnt it?
The engine was the same(?) and everything, so surely another 'upgrade' would be good...?
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
SpeaK
Kuski

Post by SpeaK »

I think the new elma doesn't have to be so much different to the current one.
Better editor, new default lgr(or at least bigger version of the current one), and most important, NEW INTERNALS.

I think new internals would be the thing most people wan't(just guessing), and at least new internals is all the new elma really needs for me..
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

chux wrote:Well the change from Across to Elma was worth it...wasnt it?
The engine was the same(?) and everything, so surely another 'upgrade' would be good...?

teh same engine, dont think so. by the engine we mean(atleast i do) the physics, and they weere far from the same.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Really? I though they play quite simalalarly...maybe Im wrong, I dont play Across much...
Well personally I like Elma physics, I like to think my 'bike control' is pretty good...Id prefer the same engine, but I guess if Balazs wants a new one...
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

across - elma physics:
I don't know if I'd say they had much difference in physicz, only some changes. When I had played acro for couple years and got used to the game, I didn't think of these couple bad physics which were changed to elma.. But when I got used to elma then I can notice how bad they were, so it is impossible to say if there is some bad physics in elma... But currently, it just feels so much like there is nothing to correct in elma like many hear said...

Those bad physics in across were..hmm I got only 2 things in mind. 1) when you made those vertexes and there are these crossing points.. the bike used to fucking bingobango slow and hit those corners and you lose speed... So you often had to lift up your wheel on many spots. 2) the guy on the bike was more on the back of bike I think... now the head is more in front of the bike...that's it... other than that feels quite like elma...
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

The suspension was also quite a bit harder in across, so less possibility of dying when falling from big heights.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
nh
39mins club

Post by nh »

It would be nice to hear something from ppl who are developing Elma 2 now (if it is true).
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

It would be nice to hear something from ppl who are developing Elma 2 now (if it is true).
lalz, it would be najs to paly elma 2.0 one week and then quit finally!!!1
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

i have mailed balazs about new elma and all he said was:
i plan to make new version but it wont be open source.

well some things should be fixed in elma, but if it's elma 2 it would be utterly boring: when your wheel goes into a triangle like o-o> the bike flies around like crazy. also if you go with the wheels inside some tight vertexes o---- and break inside your bike will go really fast forward. then there could be a frog jump detector and fix it so that elma wont quit if your wheels go too far apart..
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
MJXII
Kuski

Post by MJXII »

I just reeeally hope elma 2 isn't worse than elma 1 :?
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

It may be a matter of weeks, maybe even days when next Across/Elma version is at our hands. Xiphias, I think, got a mail from Balazs saying that it's almost ready. Hands up, you cannot stop the evolution.

sierra =)
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i definitely won't play elma 2, not even try it
elma1 is good for killing time..no need to quit automatically but slowly lower playing..
[carebox]
teajay
Donator duck

sorrey for teh popular misspelling

Post by teajay »

I can't stop myself from trying I guess.

Postive thing is that I will DEFINATELY buy this.
SpeaK
Kuski

Post by SpeaK »

dz wrote:It may be a matter of weeks, maybe even days when next Across/Elma version is at our hands. Xiphias, I think, got a mail from Balazs saying that it's almost ready. Hands up, you cannot stop the evolution.
Onoes I'm excited. I will also buy this for sure. I hope this is for real this time!
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

the things i have said about the new elma are all true. just what ´Balazs told me.
here a pic of the email.

http://www.kurki.buildtolearn.net/uploa ... iphias.gif

Can't wait until this new version is finished.
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

I will BUY it too.
39:37,91
teajay
Donator duck

lame joke

Post by teajay »

So it will soon be finnished? =)
Juble
Hat tricker

Post by Juble »

yay, cant wait for new version...i was slowly getting sick of elma after 3 years, maybe this will boost the intrest level. :p
CMc
39mins club

Post by CMc »

Juble wrote:yay, cant wait for new version...i was slowly getting sick of elma after 3 years, maybe this will boost the intrest level. :p
Yeah, totally...I'm getting impatient! :wink:
TT: 39:43:40

CMc's Elma Site: 100+ levels, PTL, Hoyla, and Pipe pack. And alot of other crap. http://www.freewebs.com/cmcelma/
freak
Kuski

Post by freak »

Hi,

Could anyone give me an email to Balazs? I got GREAT, easy to implement idea how to hugely improve the game.
i'm freak, and people call me freak
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

freak wrote:Hi,

Could anyone give me an email to Balazs? I got GREAT, easy to implement idea how to hugely improve the game.
It's told on www.elastomania.com but anyway: balazs2(at)elastomania(d0t)com
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
freak
Kuski

Post by freak »

This email doesn't work. Anyone know working?
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

freak wrote:This email doesn't work. Anyone know working?
How do you know?
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
freak
Kuski

Post by freak »

Ok, finally I've send it.

Message body:
Hi,

If you are planing to release new version - you could make it even better!

I got some idea how to make it with small efforts.

PLAY TIME STATISTICS!

As you know, many kuskys spend a LOT of time hoyling levels.

As a programist I see some great feature - each level's time played.

You could also add more statistics: number of starts/level, avg time/ride.

It would be GREAT to see how much time people spend playing Elastomania
DamRho
Kuski

Post by DamRho »

freak wrote:Ok, finally I've send it.

Message body:
Hi,

PLAY TIME STATISTICS!

That's your super improvement that will change the game forever? :roll:
It's a cool feature nonetheless but it's something more for an Elma 1.3 than for an Elma 2 really. Since we're at things that take minimal programming effort at least replay packs (organizing them into sub directories) should be working, that can be done by any beginner programmer with no effort at all so I think it's a must. But it's something that would suit better an Elma 1.3 as well; I can't really remember anything big that should or could be changed into a new major version.
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

I can't really remember anything big that should or could be changed into a new major version.
onlinemode??
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Message body:
Hi,

PLAY TIME STATISTICS!

I have announced this suggestion over 6 years ago and it has been on Moposite's wishlist for 4 years now.
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

Abula wrote:

Message body:
Hi,

PLAY TIME STATISTICS!

I have announced this suggestion over 6 years ago and it has been on Moposite's wishlist for 4 years now.
do Balazs read Moposite?
A beer a day keeps the doct0r away.
last.fm profile
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

wieloryb wrote:do Balazs read Moposite?
No one knows...
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

zworqy wrote:
wieloryb wrote:do Balazs read Moposite?
No one knows...
He said in interview he does every once in a while.
DamRho
Kuski

Post by DamRho »

John wrote:
I can't really remember anything big that should or could be changed into a new major version.
onlinemode??
OK, you got me there. That would be neat. 8)
freak
Kuski

Post by freak »

Message body:
Hi,

PLAY TIME STATISTICS!

All rigth. I have just recieved the answer from Balazs. He said:
Balazs wrote:(...)that is a
good idea anyway, I will consider it for an upcoming version
Cheers!
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

As far as I know, he replies like that to every suggestion people give him. That's really not the first time I've heard that from him. :wink: