We DON'T want a new version of Elma!!

Feature requests and ideas for the new unofficial versions of Elma and general talk related to those.

Moderator: Moporators

dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

easy for you to say when you haven't played like five years :roll:
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

people play some sports their whole lives and don't get bored.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

sierra wrote:people play some sports their whole lives and don't get bored.

Ye but this is elma, and here the limit is reached much easier.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
Lostsoul
Kuski

Post by Lostsoul »

sierra wrote:We still don't need a new version ^_^
You're still saying "we"...
TT : 55:43:81
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

sierra wrote:We still don't need a new version ^_^
oh yes we do ;)
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

Umm if you dont like Elma 2 you can still play the original so it doesnt really matter... there will still probably be Elma 1 stuff happening.
TT ~ 50:42
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Crypt wrote:Umm if you dont like Elma 2 you can still play the original so it doesnt really matter... there will still probably be Elma 1 stuff happening.
Cause there are SO many Across things happening now isn't there? ;)
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

We kinda have an OTHER version of elma now btw. :wink:
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

I dont think, that a Elma 2 would change the game completely, i think that the ones who were great to Elma and Across, still will be greatest to the new one...

But on the other side...It would be nice if it happened that the game was much different, so the new players had a change to play it from the start and get as good as the old ones :P :P

But that wont happen, and i dont want a Elma 2!
Wezz 1-100 Levels - PTL pack - ADLP Pack - CR Pack - My Website - Team Website - Proud member of TEM - DONT WANT A ELMA 2!!! My internal TT: 45:xx:xx - Team TEM TT: 39:xx:xx Image
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Just think of the differences between Elma 1.0 and 1.2...sach teh difference, not many people complained there. Elma 2 wouldnt be another huge step, but will be noticeable, of course. If we're (Hib :P ) going to be changing it anyway then why not get official?
I whane see new elma. When I get it I'll be this: :D
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

sure i nat care if it's just some kleine upgrade like Hibs ones. i mean if it's the same sort of change that across was to elma. not because i don't think i could do okay in it, it's a purely sentimental thing; i just like this version.

it's like going up to a guy who has a wife who he loves, and saying "i am going to get you a new wife with bigger tits". sure, the new one might actually be technically better, but because he loves his current wife of course he will say no.
kinghias
Kuski

Post by kinghias »

if the guy had his wife for several years it might actually be possible he wants the new girl, at least this what often happens in reality...

i want the new version too despite i like elma as it is
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

sierra wrote:sure i nat care if it's just some kleine upgrade like Hibs ones. i mean if it's the same sort of change that across was to elma. not because i don't think i could do okay in it, it's a purely sentimental thing; i just like this version.

it's like going up to a guy who has a wife who he loves, and saying "i am going to get you a new wife with bigger tits". sure, the new one might actually be technically better, but because he loves his current wife of course he will say no.

No actuly it would be more likely to compare this with a boob job, and he isnt forcing this on you just offering.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

do you think guys like Stikkybear and sventurbo felt elma 1 was just 'offered'. nat. when elma 2 comes, Elma 1 dies. there is no question about it.
ELMA PRO
Banned

Post by ELMA PRO »

well hopefully you dont play elma 2 sierra, so we will never have to hear your whining again
veezay
Kuski
Team: rotaplask

Post by veezay »

I'm with Abula & SveinR & whoever had similar thoughts. Physics/gameplay unchanged, more stats (a death map would be coal, you could zoom through any level to see the spots where you have died), new internals (among the old ones, both being in their own levpacks) and similar options like there are in 1.2, centered camera, resolutions, VCR-stylish replay viewing. That would truly rok.

Thou I'm not sure whether new internals would breathe any life to the game, old internals are _teh thing_ in any case and nathing's gonna change it. At least if they'd be similar to those added in Elma. They just wouldn't have the right feeling. Or dunno. Maybe teh old ones are already sach höyled to teh max noone gives a shit nor bothers to try to improve. :hangover:
Prestigious member of 6.58 Tutor01 club
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club

<ville_j> in addition to ""njoygin"""" footblay i ma """"""""enojying"" rap usic
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

ELMA PRO wrote:well hopefully you dont play elma 2 sierra, so we will never have to hear your whining again
lol shatefak already. i killed you in that other topic, i don't get it, you keep coming back for more? get off my dick ffs
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

sierra wrote:
ELMA PRO wrote:well hopefully you dont play elma 2 sierra, so we will never have to hear your whining again
lol shatefak already. i killed you in that other topic, i don't get it, you keep coming back for more? get off my dick ffs

Well at least now everyone else is on his side, so shatefaq!
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

Your right, people will start getting bored of Elma and will want something new. If there isnt a new version then there might be no scene.
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

That would be a fair conclusion if the elma scene was fading away. Unfortunately for the sake of your argument, the elma scene has never been growing faster than right now. Maybe when it begins to get smaller and quieter then your theory will become more applicable.
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

Crypt wrote:Your right, people will start getting bored of Elma and will want something new. If there isnt a new version then there might be no scene.
The problem against your theory is that the gameplay is very close to perfect. There isn't need for anything new to the gameplay. I would like to see new internals and alot more features in the options, replays and so on. They are the main thing to be improved. I want a new version with improvements on these factors.
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

Yes so do I, I dont want anything really changed gameplay wise, just other stuff like I want to be able to play against ghost rides. I think one things for externals could be bananas and stuff tho which would be one thing for gameplay.
Ruvio
Kuski

Post by Ruvio »

I agree with dz :D
Hockey's the best!
Rasken
Kuski

Post by Rasken »

I agree with dz too :wink:
Member of team LOS TT=40:59:56
ALP TT=26:21:34
dudek
Kuski

Post by dudek »

I think that current Elma doesn't deserve to be quitted by teh kuskis. And that's what would happen after releasing teh some new version imo. :?
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

WE DO WANT ELMA 2, SO ALL SHATEFAK
dudek
Kuski

Post by dudek »

Maybe you should get calm at first, before you write a comment, shouldn't you?
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

dz wrote:
Crypt wrote:Your right, people will start getting bored of Elma and will want something new. If there isnt a new version then there might be no scene.
The problem against your theory is that the gameplay is very close to perfect. There isn't need for anything new to the gameplay. I would like to see new internals and alot more features in the options, replays and so on. They are the main thing to be improved. I want a new version with improvements on these factors.
Yes quite agreeable, almost like another 1.xx version rather than a 2.0

a new game altogether WOULD ruin the scene as we know it, just look at how many acrossing legends have quit, only a really small number survived the transition
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

I like seeing new people :)
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I don't on some occassions. . .
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

I don't really know why you all complain about an Elma 2...

I don't see anyone who was angry at Halo 2 ?!
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

The_BoneLESS wrote:I don't see anyone who was angry at Halo 2 ?!
Hm, well, that's quite a bad comparison as Halo is a game that can actually be finished.
Rules | FAQ
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

I guess you mean this : Make an Elma 2 with a story mode !
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
twipley
Kuski

Am I that bizarre...

Post by twipley »

Cool 8)

In Halo 1 (I played a few times back then) I used to kill only with grenades, but after Halo 2 came out the dual-guns function ruined my play... :cry:

That's maybe that I learned to bounce in Elma, lol. I also tried of getting the higher death-mark, it's kinda hard you know when someone is shooting you and you have to hide and to throw some well calculated explosion-position grenades. ouch. :roll: :lol:
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Jeu, maybe. But don't proceed a further Halo discussion, please :)
Rules | FAQ
CMc
39mins club

Post by CMc »

I just hope that the new Elma will have limited graphics just like this one. Otherwise we won't be open to using our imagination and creativity. Just look what we did with the very few pictures we have. We made Sky pic into water for example. Imagination and creativity is what makes Elma so great and seperates noobs from very experienced level designers.
TT: 39:43:40

CMc's Elma Site: 100+ levels, PTL, Hoyla, and Pipe pack. And alot of other crap. http://www.freewebs.com/cmcelma/
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

It's bounce-talking... :roll:

Whatever you do, please keep the elasticity! This is what makes its charm.
Last edited by twipley on 20 Apr 2005, 15:40, edited 1 time in total.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

I think the game should have a story mode based on Rez' cartoon and this way, we might find out how the story ends...
ELMA PRO
Banned

Post by ELMA PRO »

no
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

no BoneLESS has good idea, elma pros idea bad
AusDerReihe
Kuski

Post by AusDerReihe »

it is quite amusing to read that people don't want a new elma because of THEIR feelings. the fact that the creator sells his game for money, that maybe HE would LIKE to create a new version to earn more money, seems to slip everyones mind.

"hey! ID software, Ubisoft Games, Rockstar Games! don't make sequels! don't think you have the right to do serious work and earn money! think of ME, i might lose some cred in the community!"

people need to understand that software that you have to pay for exist for one reason, and one reason only, to generate income. it is the foundation of bussiness. someone supplies, you pay. the only reason developers listen to users is to keep them using their product, it's called customer loyalty.

i fully respect the level of expertise that the elite elma players represent, but this game is not a result of their expertise, their expertise is a result of this game. stop whining, it only makes you look stupid. 90% of all forums online consist of whining, that is, the forums related to games. what's the average word count on any given post/reply on any given game forum out there? 5? 6?
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

congratulations, you just boosted the average by a huge 0,0000000001%
*clap*

but dude has a point there
even though balazs is developing elma 2 in his free time which isn't that much and not working on in as a full time job as the price he sets for elma doesn't give that much income as most of people just warez elma, only the most loyal go and pay him. i'm not loyal, therefore i don't have any influence in the fact that elma could probably be 3d or not come out at all.
39:37,91
Lasall
Kuski

Post by Lasall »

AusDerReihe wrote:it is quite amusing to read that people don't want a new elma because of THEIR feelings. the fact that the creator sells his game for money, that maybe HE would LIKE to create a new version to earn more money, seems to slip everyones mind.

"hey! ID software, Ubisoft Games, Rockstar Games! don't make sequels! don't think you have the right to do serious work and earn money! think of ME, i might lose some cred in the community!"

people need to understand that software that you have to pay for exist for one reason, and one reason only, to generate income. it is the foundation of bussiness. someone supplies, you pay. the only reason developers listen to users is to keep them using their product, it's called customer loyalty.

i fully respect the level of expertise that the elite elma players represent, but this game is not a result of their expertise, their expertise is a result of this game. stop whining, it only makes you look stupid. 90% of all forums online consist of whining, that is, the forums related to games. what's the average word count on any given post/reply on any given game forum out there? 5? 6?
It's only a hobby for him. He could work on a opensource project if he wants to as well.
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

Yes! Besides, ur point would be 100% true if it was any other game you e.g. find in the stores like GTA and so on, but this is way differently; this is a small shareware game, and if you look at interviews with him, he seems to be saying he´s glad some people still play the game, and he is developing a new version, it´s kinda more liek RK said;
it´s a hobby
Wezz 1-100 Levels - PTL pack - ADLP Pack - CR Pack - My Website - Team Website - Proud member of TEM - DONT WANT A ELMA 2!!! My internal TT: 45:xx:xx - Team TEM TT: 39:xx:xx Image
AusDerReihe
Kuski

Post by AusDerReihe »

i know my post doesn't really apply to this game, i was just maing a point. and yes, he probably could work on some open source project, but he doesn't. he is making a game. a low price on elma doesn't necessarily reflect that it is a hobby, it could simply be that he doesn't value his own work very much.

it's sort of clear in that he said he's glad people even still play the game, while we on the other side think it's an amazing game that we play for hours. IF he had the ability to limit piracy and predict elma's success, in my opinion, the game would have cost more.
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

In response to kuiva's article on mopolauta, I have thought the following and emailed to Balazs:

Code: Select all

hi, I know this sounds ridiculous, 
but it would be cool if you permit the free distribution of the game, cuz' the way to addict people to this game is by showing them good replays, usually done with the help of the full version, and hence this would give you more cash, I think, please correct me if I'm wrong, or contact me your thoughts!

Code: Select all

I still have some income from the game and the shareware version is there for the purpose of evaluation. Thanks for the suggestion.
Staar
Kuski

Post by Staar »

I agree with sierra and Karlis
Rock n Roll All Night and party everyday
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

ye im not fond of a new version either, i just hope the rumour of elma2 being released 02.02.06 is a lie.. :roll:
Proud Member Of RDK
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

Ez thats nat truu, balazs said in email nat long ago as i said that sometimes he make more, sometimes less, and he wouldnt mention any dates.
To me that doesnt sound like its going to get released about 5 days :roll:
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

how did elma get released? acrossers got any info in advance or it just 'suddenly' came?