BELMA - Battle Elasto Mania

Feature requests and ideas for the new unofficial versions of Elma and general talk related to those.

Moderator: Moporators

Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

It has become quite functionally now for portforward noobs like me, that's nice :), just can't see other kuskis and standings during battle, but well.

A few ideas for changes:

Some delay (2 mins maybe) between battle so you have time to watch winner replay ect. Either by making impossible to start a new during that time or put it in some kind of qeue so it start after that time.

Make battle starters unable to play their own external battles. Ofcourse ok for them to play internal battles and 1htt and such.

Change all occurrences of nab(s) to kuski(or player), and all occurrences of balle to battle

These are debatable changes I know, so does anyone agree/disagree?
Last edited by Kopaka on 30 Apr 2007, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Kopaka wrote: Make battle starters unable to play their own external battles. Ofcourse ok for them to play internal battles and 1htt and such.
Battle starter should be able to play the lev, but not have his nick come up on the list.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

Kopaka wrote:A few ideas for changes:
Some delay (2 mins maybe) between battle so you have time to watch winner replay ect. Either by making impossible to start a new during that time or put it in some kind of qeue so it start after that time.
Make battle starters unable to play their own external battles. Ofcourse ok for them to play internal battles and 1htt and such.
Change all occurrences of nab(s) to kuski(or player), and all occurrences of balle to battle
These are debatable changes I know, so does anyone agree/disagree?
delay us 1 min now, queue will be done
dunno about externals, there are no stats now, so they can play anyway and there are many common levs like MOPOCOxx and balle starter wants to play too usually
nabs/kuski, balle/battle, ... who knows..:)
[carebox]
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

It would be cool with autostart battle level after download :D

Or at least autorefresh level list :)
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
Jeppe
39mins club

Post by Jeppe »

or autokick zworqy
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

Hey! I came up with just mine, few personal ideas for Belma to make it an utopian tool for Elastomaniacs who think in my way, or similarly. My points will be shown in order to make the new patch a formally good one, at least in our minds, knowing milagros' lazyness and abilities. Milagros, we had never thought about such a patch till the recent times, when this splendid brainchild has haunted your ambitious person. Apparently, the more one gets, the more one wants, as we fall into the abyss of happiness with Belma.exe, we don't really know whether it's just our dream that is actually putting itself into life, or already a concept which is really precious and pretty touchable. In this soul condition, our lips are madly calling out for loads of brand new elma facilities, turning out the words to be very annoying or somehow angry requests...

Interface look & outer appearance

- The ingame FX text and chat colour

Well, wouldn't it be close to good if we could choose the font colour we want to see on our screen? Some people say that red is better than yellow, and some say that green is better than white. Maybe let's allow everybody to make the decision theirselves, it might be useful as yellow is found quite inconvenient nowadays.

It is only after years of preparation that the young [artist] should touch color—not color used descriptively, that is, but as a means of personal expression. Christian Science Monitor (25 March 1985)

- See only the kuski you're currently spying

As we know Belma allows spying, so you can overlook others' styles. It's very nice, and according to scientists there has already appeared another purpose for doubleclicking on kuski's head, located on our desktop. Some have time when they feel like (not 'spying' - okay) spectating other players, being curious of the style used, wanting to learn how exactly skilled observed kuski is, starving for breathtaking Markku's tricks, or another intelligent ideas. We want to make it easier, and more comfortable. We want to be able to see only the player we do actually want to. Spying the whole group also possible.

- Showing under 'battle results' what type of battle it was.

Sometimes it's confusing, because there is nowhere to find the information about the type of the battle after it is finished. No volt? First finish? Hm, can't guess... Warm Up 20 seconds? Maybe no throttle! No... Hm.

The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing.

* Archilochus

- Chat lines

Maybe we could hide/show the chat and choose how many lines it contains. Lenghtening single line is also a good idea.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, next they fight you. Then you win.

* Mahatma Gandhi

Things, that make our game easier and more comfortable

- An auto-reconnect button

'Huh, lost connection again? That's bad, I have to get out of my Belma and after that to turn it on again... Mum! Mum! Dad?!' - Oh, isn't this story of a young boy, playing so-called milagros' masterpiece charming? Why does his happily smiled face has to be suddenly made into crying colourless bulb?! It's high time we finally dried his salty tears! An-auto reconnect button! One thing! I choose which button 'does teh'!

- Auto replay downloader

Probably one of the would-be nicest and mentioned-the-most-times thingie. Our time spent with Belma would be just much more happier if we didn't have to wait for the rec for ages, and then clumsily to download it through annoying browser (like most do). How to manage with the problem technically? Maybe saving in the memory the name of the last rec and then uploading it to the server would do...

We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort. ~ Jesse Owens

Battle details and the other nasty things that are connected with just battling

- Showing ingame who started the battle

Showing ingame who started the battle. Showing ingame who started the battle. Oops, too many, I wanted only two (the headline, and the first sentence). Never mind. So, what was I going to say? Oh yes. So, battling is, unlike most assume, a complex competition and there is a great many factors that have minor or greater influence on our success. And one of them is knowing who started the battle, if we do, we can guess exactly who strangely knows the construction of the map, has the syndrome of levelmaker playing his own level in the battle, who to spy, and at last who to shout on when the level is this: bad. The mentioned information is missed.

- Showing ingame what was the time for the battle

Little boy: Uncle Jeff, please tell me what was the time for the battle!
Uncle Jeff: I'm busy, don't bother me.
Little boy: Uncle Jeff! Please!
Uncle Jeff: No! I have more important things to do now.
Little boy: Believe me, it's very important! It's crucial!
Uncle Mario: Mike, what do you need it for? Ohh, stop crying! Mike! Mike!

We have to avoid such dialogues! It's kinda painful for this young child! If one is a noob, he doesn't know if it is worth joining the battle or not, if there are 14 minutes left, we don't know for how long the battle has been actually going on. For 1? For 46? Both wrong guesses. If someone is very busy, it would help him to decide whether it is worth joining or not.

Ordinary people are as common as grass, but good people are dearer than the eye.

* Anonymous

- Every battle having its unique number as it is possible to run battles on the same level many times.

Wooh, sounds useless... Because it IS useless! Anyways if there are some ways to cheat and milagros will find it o.k. for these ways of cheating to exist in the future, maybe if there are some spare bytes in the rec file, information about player (shortened to 3 chars), date, and battle ID (all binary) included, sounds like a serious judge speaking. In black suit of course.

- Replay naming

Not much to talk in here at all. We have a limit of 15 chars nowadays. We have new types of battles nowadays. So, for now, as the following:

NV - no volt
NT - no turn
NB - no brake
NG - no throttle (gas)
AG - always throttle (gas)

S - slowness

Markku's would-be replay name in Kos51.lev, no volt, no turn, no brake, no throttle slowness battle:

Kos51NVNTNBNGSM.rec

Yahhah! One-life and first finish abbreveations aren't necessary. And the recname is nothing but lovely ;*

Statistics & stats ideas

- How to count the points, and who is the best

Hmm, these are obvious: best kuski in 7 days, best in 24 hours, best in the month, again with teams - maybe then teams will again gain their imortance, again with designing, amount of wins, battles with the greatest frequency, how many slownesses etc, hours of playing, and other ideas for stats I have no clue about, skint0r surely does. I luv stats, hihi. Wink.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

most of those things are done in newest version, read list in other topic

stats are done only we need server with mysql, then skint0r can do any php you want

font - color of that font is already defined in imported font.. you can do your own if you want, format is somewhere at hib's page
seeing also kuskis that are not spied is better imo
balle results with type of balle... possible
there will be 5 chat lines in next version, there isn't more space
ingame balle time - possible in results
replay naming was already decided, other stuff already there
[carebox]
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

milagros wrote:font - color of that font is already defined in imported font.. you can do your own if you want, format is somewhere at hib's page
Isn't font color determined by the LGR? Like in HighQ you have red text.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

zworqy wrote:
milagros wrote:font - color of that font is already defined in imported font.. you can do your own if you want, format is somewhere at hib's page
Isn't font color determined by the LGR? Like in HighQ you have red text.
font has color indexes, lgr has colors
so for any lgr color is determined when you import font, cant really change in some cfg or smth
[carebox]
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

:D Max post berhabdul :*

Strangely, this:
berhabdul wrote:- An auto-reconnect button

'Huh, lost connection again? That's bad, I have to get out of my Belma and after that to turn it on again... Mum! Mum! Dad?!' - Oh, isn't this story of a young boy, playing so-called milagros' masterpiece charming? Why does his happily smiled face has to be suddenly made into crying colourless bulb?! It's high time we finally dried his salty tears! An-auto reconnect button! One thing! I choose which button 'does teh'!
Reminded me of The Sims (info about items to purchase) :P
Rules | FAQ
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

1.005 released
you have to download everything to get it to work
its final version for now, i'l only fix bugs if any appear
[carebox]
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

changing keys doesnt seem to be a good idea, many nabs didnt download cfg and fkeys nat work, other problem is that some keys actually dont work anyway, maybe bad mapping
[carebox]
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

did ghandi hack berh's account? O_o
39:37,91
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

we might get new server soon,
skint0r will pay teh, need donations:)
[carebox]
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Will ez paypal him some money for server if possible
Magz
Kuski

WTF?

Post by Magz »

ncorrect version 1.005, server requiers 1.006

wtf?
somboy got the same problem, it apperes were it supposed to say "connected to server".

Plz help me!
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

get new version!
from #ballelma at ircnet
39:37,91
Magz
Kuski

hh

Post by Magz »

I can,t get it to work ant possibility u could post a link or something?^^,
SveinR
Moporator

Re: hh

Post by SveinR »

Magz wrote:I can,t get it to work ant possibility u could post a link or something?^^,
http://www.zworqy.com/belma/belma.zip
Rules | FAQ
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

version 1.007 now, running finally on normal server
you need to register and http://b.attle.info a play with that nick and password
stats are being saved \o/ and site ready soon
[carebox]
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

Server needed / Elma Online Battle
server found ;)
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

zworqy wrote:
Server needed / Elma Online Battle
server found ;)
Okay renamed topic and stickied it:)
KD
Kuski

Post by KD »

I don't know if its a known bug or not, but my belma just crashed, it says in bs.dll at the 00007a7b offset.
Thinking is not entertainment but an obligation! - Strugatsky bros
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

fixed teh, bug was there like always:)
[carebox]
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Any plans of adding thing so chatlines disappear after 1-2 mins? Kinda useless to have the same lines there for hours if none says anything. I know I can just turn chat off, but then can't see if there's new stuff said.
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

So my suggestion about "show who is spying you at the moment" didn't get much popularity?
ElToto
Kuski

Post by ElToto »

dz wrote:So my suggestion about "show who is spying you at the moment" didn't get much popularity?
ye i agree with that, if it doesn't represent too much work for mila of course. Actually it could be a good thing, making the "observing" stuff more complete in my opinion
tomorrow, i stop.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I'd like a portion of text that tells your current position, like this: 2/10 when you're second and there's a total amount of 10 players. I want this because the total results are kinda large mostly.
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

tijsjoris wrote:I'd like a portion of text that tells your current position, like this: 2/10 when you're second and there's a total amount of 10 players. I want this because the total results are kinda large mostly.
Very good idea!

I also wish the battle status text would be lower on the screen. It's too high and distracts the playing, it could be much more lower and out of the way.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

What dz said too.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

tijsjoris wrote:I'd like a portion of text that tells your current position, like this: 2/10 when you're second and there's a total amount of 10 players. I want this because the total results are kinda large mostly.
I've suggested this to mila before, but the problem is where to put it, dunno where it would fit really..
Rules | FAQ
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

at the very bottom! change position with chat, but that would be only useful (imho) when chatlines disapear earlier or later
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Also variable amount of chatlines, to be set in options somewhere, I'd like more lines of Barry, Larry & Rick than 5 at a time. :wink:
Raven
Moporator

Post by Raven »

yeo.

barry, larry & rick ftw :D
Seize the day
KD
Kuski

Post by KD »

I have an idea, don't know if it was covered earlier.

Hidden times battle.

You don't see the other players (that part i'm not sure yet, but it seems neccessary to reach the goal of the idea), neither their times until the deadline. Thus players can't even tell from the times if the others have better style.

About the shortened version of battle results. It would be really useful, i remember some similar idea from last years testing.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

ye, that was planned at the beginning but noone asked for that:)
[carebox]
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

Version 1.008 out
KD
Kuski

Post by KD »

You should include the new bmps in the zip zworqy.
Magz
Kuski

Post by Magz »

It would be cool if ballelma could be used to contests, and the server is reserved for a couple of houres for those who signed up. ^^,
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i dont really get what you are trying to say
[carebox]
Magz
Kuski

Post by Magz »

Like a contest or world cup, and u sign up and use the ballelma server to host spesific levs.
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

milagros wrote:i dont really get what you are trying to say
I get it, and I think it's a nice idea
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

and isnt it like that right now?
[carebox]
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

Magz wrote:Like a contest or world cup, and u sign up and use the ballelma server to host spesific levs.
just start a balle?
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Juski wrote:
Magz wrote:Like a contest or world cup, and u sign up and use the ballelma server to host spesific levs.
just start a balle?
I think his idea was a bit bigger than that. Like "server reserved for 36 mins clubers until tomorrow" Or "Server reserved for top ten at ballelma statistics page until tomorrow"
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

betar show ur face, shithead, or me gona do teh
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

niN wrote:
Juski wrote:
just start a balle?
I think his idea was a bit bigger than that. Like "server reserved for 36 mins clubers until tomorrow" Or "Server reserved for top ten at ballelma statistics page until tomorrow"
WTF??! close down main server from the public? who the fuck gains on something like that? Get a private server you mofo...
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Juski wrote:
niN wrote:
Juski wrote:
just start a balle?
WTF??! close down main server from the public? who the fuck gains on something like that? Get a private server you mofo...
Yes, that's exactly what I meant! Dude, read the sht before you draw conclusions..................[8]
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

niN wrote:
Juski wrote:
niN wrote:
Juski wrote:
just start a balle?
Yes, that's exactly what I meant! Dude, read the sht before you draw conclusions..................[8]
If this comment was serious, then no: you did not say anything about private server, you said something aobu reserving the server? Now the same thing.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?