1.11h - Is it legal?

Feature requests and ideas for the new unofficial versions of Elma and general talk related to those.

Moderator: Moporators

Epsilon
Kuski

1.11h - Is it legal?

Post by Epsilon »

I saw that Abula ha written in the last news some stuff about pathces illegality. I really need to know if 1.11h is legal or not in the Wcup and other contests. Is it?
Epsilon | TT : 45:42,82 | Elma Around the World | Smile levpack
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Somehow I guessed this thread would be created. There are million different versions of patches out there. I think everybody is messed up with them so it's a bit difficult now. To be 100% sure use 1.11a (maybe with Alovolt.exe if you need that). Many of us using 1.11h in WCup and so far no one has disqualified because of that.

Two mirrors to Alovolt.exe (not patches).
http://membres.lycos.fr/realathlon/pv/Alovolt_.zip
http://home.online.no/~nostrada/alovolt.zip
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Rasu
Kuski

Post by Rasu »

I have always been able to do alovolt + gas/brake, even before alovolt patch came. On my keyboard i even can press all four directions at the same time (gas+brake+left+right). So that's not something new, i would say.
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

yep, r0x0r PC doesn't help you there, you just need a r0x0r keyboard. or change buttons, I changed to numpad because arrows sucked while playing freefall, works fine with numpad.
Tomorrow's Lucky Run Solutions Today
Flowertouching Men
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Yep, this is a matter of keyboard and motherboard.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

it's matter of whole comp...
..even software you're running with elma (winamp and so on)
[carebox]
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

It is no problem doing that without the patch...
Rules | FAQ
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

I don't do that style anyway...And it isn't a problem holding in <-, ->, gas, brake, and turn at the same time (On my arrows buttons this works, all other buttons on my keyboard it doesn't). And since some can do alovolt without the patch, I don't see how the thing you describe cannot work for them.
Rules | FAQ
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

BarTek, you are way out there... it´s allways been possible to do this for me... I knwo you didnt believ me when I told you #across, you said I didnt understand... but I do... and it is Possible.. end of story...

:D

Just use whatever patch you feel like... who cares... I use the 1.11h from dz news.. and it works fine... I dont have XP so I cant do alo without it... so my choice is obvious... if I did a record and px or abula refused it cause of using patch I would not accept it... I need alovolt... so I use it... and if the merge crash.. so what... it is still in a unofficial program... if you use Official version it will never cause any problems... so how can they tell us not to use 1.11h? cause it causes recwatching problems with unofficial patch? seems very strange... cant understand it... I dont have problems anyway (iternal error once or twice, but it was just cause someones rec was meesed woth that 1st version of wonderpath, I think) so I will continiue to use it...
Elasto Mania - ez better
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

"I would like to remind you to not use the newest 1.11h patch because it produces unmergeable (with other versions) replays and unmergeable replay might be disqualifed at least in WRs and WCup"

is it true it can have problems with other patch versions, even with offical one while unoffical all works?
and as "newest", does it mean the very newest, beta patch on which at least i havent heard any errors yet.. ?
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

I'm currently using patch 1.1hb (elma1_11hb.zip), and everything seems to be fine.

please, report here if you have any kind of problems with exactly this patch version.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

dz wrote:I'm currently using patch 1.1hb (elma1_11hb.zip), and everything seems to be fine.

please, report here if you have any kind of problems with exactly this patch version.
There isn't any "b" in Elma start screen, right?
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

nopes, but in the "menu" it says "About 1.11hb".
Rasu
Kuski

Post by Rasu »

I have that version too, and haven't had any problems whatsoever. Well, actually this once, when I accidently merged two recs from two different levels, which left me with an internal error. Other than that, it works great!
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

yea that happened to me as well but i guess it's normal
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

dz wrote:yea that happened to me as well but i guess it's normal
Actually it worked in 1.11a. Ehm, where to get this 1.11hb? :]
GuyB
Donator duck

where to get

Post by GuyB »

Abula wrote:Actually it worked in 1.11a. Ehm, where to get this 1.11hb? :]
well, the version available on my site have been checked by Carc ( Mgen ) two times and should be free of errors.. That is the latest version of 1.11hb, uploaded october 22.

http://acrossdk.mine.nu/acrossdk/ .. get it in the download-section

GuyB[rdk]
Danish elma and across-site. Home of the OLDSCHOOL contest AND Hibernatus´ old ACROSSLEVELS
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Hey! Theres a link to me on there! :D
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

yeh I merged 2 replays from diffferent levels and I didn't get internal error,so u hef problams or maybe i'm cheating ihih pohoh
Mick
Kuski

Post by Mick »

ive been able to do that in nitro also onla. it does get internal error if the bikes get too far away though.
team EM - why not ok?