statistics and battles in ballelma

Feature requests and ideas for the new unofficial versions of Elma and general talk related to those.

Moderator: Moporators

milagros
Cheatless

statistics and battles in ballelma

Post by milagros »

i'm going to do stats next

what kind of statistics and battles should be there

stats:
1. for each player for each level there will be his best time and time he played that level together (from that its ez to generate top10 or so)
2. do we need top10 of that player for each level?

all other stats (only internals, lev packs, ..) can be generated from that

battles:
level, starttime, time played, battle type and all players that played it with their best result (time, no of apples, ..)

battle types:
normal battle (others can be shown or hidden) - time/apples matter, one-life battle with countdown (players frozen at start till it starts), most-left/right/top/bottom battle - uphills and stuff (should wheel/head count or position of the middle of the kuski ?), first flower touch wins battle (you can restart), ..

anything else? your opinions?
[carebox]
zworqy
Kuski

Re: statistics and battles in ballelma

Post by zworqy »

milagros wrote: stats:
1. for each player for each level there will be his best time and time he played that level together (from that its ez to generate top10 or so)

What the hell does this mean?
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

zworqy wrote:
milagros wrote: stats:

What the hell does this mean?
that means in the database i'll have :
zworqy - WCup601.lev - best time 1:22:35 - played for 5:08:44:20
- WCup602.lev - best time 14:14 - played 33:44:33
millagros - WCup601.lev - 'best time' 6 apples - lpayed for 02:22:22

you can generate top10 for wcup601.lev, you can generate top10 for most played.. you can generate top10 total time for all wcup6xx levs...
[carebox]
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

what happens with different levels with same name?
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

Juski wrote:what happens with different levels with same name?
all levs have some crc check, ez save it too
[carebox]
DaFred
39mins club

Post by DaFred »

wow that sounds really nice =)
I like the different battle types ==))

Is it possible every player can start different battles or just the "serveradmin"?
Kale
Kuski

Post by Kale »

DaFred wrote:wow that sounds really nice =)
I like the different battle types ==))

Is it possible every player can start different battles or just the "serveradmin"?
Totally agreed.
zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

milagros wrote:i'm going to do stats next

what kind of statistics and battles should be there

stats:

battles:
level, starttime, time played, battle type and all players that played it with their best result (time, no of apples, ..)

battle types:
normal battle (others can be shown or hidden) - time/apples matter, one-life battle with countdown (players frozen at start till it starts), most-left/right/top/bottom battle - uphills and stuff (should wheel/head count or position of the middle of the kuski ?), first flower touch wins battle (you can restart), ..

anything else? your opinions?
The current statistics can be seen in my homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/battles.html
These statistics are kinda complete with different kind of stats (best player, best designer, best winning row, best designing row, average players per battle, average battle length, average winning time, total number of battles, monthly stats, annual stats, overall stats, battle index, event number, designer, starttime, duration).

I don't expect all of these be available in in-elma-battles, but at least some of them would be nice.

Is it possible to merge these stats? Or is it even wanted? If we want to do some merge, i should be able to read in-elma-battle stats somehow, maybe i could teach my prog to read an another-kind-of-stat-file, or you to imitate a log file (for example).

If ppl don't want to merge this, I assume the #battle will fade away in time, so these stats will soon be useless as well. But maybe it's time to give new players an opportunity to be the top 1 player (you wouldn't need to play 5 years to get all those jaytea's points).

New kind of battles are of course fun, at least that countdown thing is a great thing. I don't know anything about those top/bottom/etc battles, maybe not needed.

I think top 10 in each level of each player isn't needed in statistics (at least in externals).
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

all that statistics will be there (or will be possible to 'count' them)
top/right/.. battles were wanted by john - its like you have a hill and you want to climb as high as possible.. dunno if necessary
onelife battles with countdown will be definitely fun
ive finally found platform independent mysql library, so i might do that update soon
need also some ftp library to download/upload lev automatically ingame

btw. there were 2 bugs, il fix them later (f1 centeres screen - typo, alovolt nat work in lev editor)
[carebox]