Elma Online site: Plans, Ideas, Changes

Feature requests and ideas for the new unofficial versions of Elma and general talk related to those.

Moderator: Moporators

Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Re: Elma Online site: Plans, Ideas, Changes

Post by Bludek »

EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

some ideas, suggestions or possible improvements

comparision of players like on skintatious: http://skintatious.net/compare/user/Jeppe/user/Markku/
also like madness said, but all kinds of stats that is comparable like overall driving stats, amount of battles played/designed, total time in editor ( :D i guess such stat isnt saved tho)

also would be nice to add crash to the ways to fail a level: finish, die, crash, escape
and if crashing, result still uploaded.
possible real-time results? like if u dont finish before end, it tell your result until when balle ended

a Levels page for players like http://elmaonline.moposite.com/?s=playe ... e&p=levels
which u can see if they've been battled or only uploaded by playing it

also more sorting options to display external levs from db, like
-uploaded date
-alphabetic order
-popularity (total playing time of all players)
-rating
-and also same search options as battles

chat search would be interesting too :)
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

Xiphias wrote:ah ok makes sense.. let me try with normal words

edit: still bug
you're right, strange! he should fix that!
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

Blud wrote:its weird that on http://elmaonline.moposite.com/?s=battles&b=618 you can comment and on http://elmaonline.moposite.com/?s=battles&b=576 you can't.
you're just trying to make your levels popular :P
Bludek
38mins club

Post by Bludek »

Mawane wrote:
Blud wrote:its weird that on http://elmaonline.moposite.com/?s=battles&b=618 you can comment and on http://elmaonline.moposite.com/?s=battles&b=576 you can't.
you're just trying to make your levels popular :P
I swear I didn't see any comments on 2nd level yesterday (when server was down). Now it works correctly. Sry, my fault. And ye, I chose my levs as samples... Why not :)
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

I have now updated the site, so there should be no times shown that are not supposed to. So if you see any now, or vice versa, let me know.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Not possible to upload a replay from an internal level.

Code: Select all

Level does not exist in database.
What does this mean?

You do not have a time that match the replay.
I tried to upload a replay of some run I must have made after battle.. maybe while disconnected.. I don't know.
So you have to have your time in the database to be able to upload it on the site?
I could upload a replay by Bjorn and choose the settings
Share for designer
Share for team
Share for everyone

So "You do not have a time that match the replay." can't mean that I have to have driven that time myself to be able to share it.

Now I tried to download one of my uploaded replays from my Players page and got the error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare sql_quote() (previously declared in /home/kopaka/public_html/dlrrec.php:8) in /home/kopaka/public_html/functions.php on line 536
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

no idea about the bug but if you reconnect form the same comp and the rec exists, it should upload it automatically
[carebox]
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Probably some shit with internals in the getrecinfo script. I made it so you have to have a time in db that matches the replay, but later realized it would probably be nice to be able to upload other times aswell, so will change that later I guess. Dunno why you could upload bjorns rec though.
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

I've updated the script now, so there's no problem with internals and you can upload replays not driven online. Replays page might look weird for some recs uploaded before this update.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

total of records http://elmaonline.moposite.com/?s=stats&p=internal would be nice o/
Ali
39mins club

Post by Ali »

Now i have no idea if these bugs are already planned to be fixed because they are quite obvious but...
:arrow: 2nd player in multi pair can't rate lev & rec
:arrow: also his ranking is not updated after multibattle
:arrow: on multibattle screen it shows "3 players" instead of "3 pairs" or "6 players" (that's better because you can team with yourself)

And a suggestion...
- i noticed eol records playing time, seems rather easy to code this...
:arrow: count player's result into ranking only if his playing time is over certain time limit (let's say 20s or percentage of battletime)... because often battle is shit, therefore you decide not to play at all and relative ranking goes down 150 points or so
Czech Across Racing Team member --> http://www.homer.kbx.cz/cart
</signature>
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Ali wrote:And a suggestion...
:arrow: count player's result into ranking only if his playing time is over certain time limit (let's say 20s or percentage of battletime)... because often battle is shit, therefore you decide not to play at all and relative ranking goes down 150 points or so
Oh, that's genius! Of course everyone could also just get used to f1+enter to preview a battle level but actually getting to try it without a penalty would be great.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Ali wrote:And a suggestion...
Ali!!!! great idea! was always mad about it but somehow it never came to my mind
i think 10% would be optimal =) anyway surely % not sec because 20s in a 60min balle is nothin xd
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

in 2 minutes in a 20min battle some ppl might be able to make a decent result, kinda hard to define the line
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

For this battle, Kuper improved his own winning time at almost exactly the same moment the battle ended. His winning time for the battle is 15.65, but the rec is his 15.50 run. Note that it says "00:15,65 (watch online)", and the replay you get is the 15.50 one. It's not a huge deal if the same person did both runs, but it's a little worse if it can happen with two different players. Could one player get logged as the winner while someone else's rec gets uploaded?
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

the server asks client for the best rec but if it gets delivered after he drove another time and rewrites old rec, it uploads new one
the old one does not exist anywhere anymore
i don't think this could happen with other player beating him in the last sec
[carebox]
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

It's probably not worth the bother, but I suppose it could be fixed by special casing battle winning recs until they've been uploaded to the server. If a better time is driven in the interim you would have to save it with some sort of temporary name, and only overwrite the winning rec after it's been uploaded. But as long as it can't cause confusion as to who actually won the battle, it's probably not worth it.

The part where it says "XX:XX (watch online)" and then the time of the rec isn't actually XX:XX could be a source of some confusion though. It depends on how likely this is to happen, i.e. how long does it take from the battle ends until the rec uploading starts. If it could be relatively frequent it should probably be fixed. Otherwise, eh.
Ali
39mins club

Post by Ali »

Kopaka wrote:in 2 minutes in a 20min battle some ppl might be able to make a decent result, kinda hard to define the line
true... how about 20s or 10% of battletime, whichever is lower... 1 min battle => 6s, 3 mins battle => 18s, 4 or more mins => 20s ? could be reasonable imo
</signature>
Bludek
38mins club

Post by Bludek »

imo its not very fair idea... I'm kinda againts it.
Also it can happen, that someone joins in last 1 minutes of tricky balle and makes hard trick (and gets good time), but recieves no points, coz he played for such an short time...
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Blud wrote:imo its not very fair idea... I'm kinda againts it.
Also it can happen, that someone joins in last 1 minutes of tricky balle and makes hard trick (and gets good time), but recieves no points, coz he played for such an short time...
I agree with Bludek here.
Moreover everyone can open level in editor to see if it's worth to play for him.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

how about you just play the goddamn battle and stop whining ... xD
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

Obviously, if this were implemented, the time would always count if the player actually finished.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Watching replays online somehow doesn't work anymore. I've tried on mac and pc, firefox, safari and IE.

I got this error message in IE while trying to watch an replay online:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; MathPlayer 2.20; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; AskTB5.6)
Timestamp: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 17:39:41 UTC

Line: 501
Char: 7
Code: 0
URI: http://elmaonline.moposite.com/tabber.js
Aparrently that error came on the front page as well.
Ali
39mins club

Post by Ali »

Blud wrote:imo its not very fair idea... I'm kinda againts it.
Getting good result in less than 20s of overall playing time in long balle just doesn't happen. Plus what MagnusB said. Feel free to search the site and prove me wrong...
Madness wrote:Moreover everyone can open level in editor to see if it's worth to play for him.
Like anybody would do such inconvenient thing every time :S

imo good idea :D
</signature>
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

There could also be a "participate" button. Before you press it, you're not in the battle, only in the level.
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

We could also change nothing and let Bismuth get more points :mrhat:
:mrhat:
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

LousQ wrote:There could also be a "participate" button. Before you press it, you're not in the battle, only in the level.
Would be cool... everyone could play the level from the beginning and decide at the end whether to press teh button according to his time.
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Madness wrote:
LousQ wrote:There could also be a "participate" button. Before you press it, you're not in the battle, only in the level.
Would be cool... everyone could play the level from the beginning and decide at the end whether to press teh button according to his time.
Owned... Yeah, I didn't think that through.
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

Madness wrote:
Not to say it's a good idea (it isn't), but you could prevent this by only counting runs the player has started after pressing the button. The real reason a "participate" button would be a terrible idea is the inevitable screams of rage and tears of anguish caused by people forgetting to press the button. If there was gonna be a button (there shouldn't), it should be an opt-out button -- i.e. "don't count me as part of this battle" -- not an opt-in button.

Anyway, a short grace period after you've started the level like Ali suggested is clearly the proper solution. Or do nothing, and watch as life somehow goes on.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

omfg .. these stats are driving me crazy.
It will be like #battle.. ppl will stop entering battles to somehow watch out for their score.. or blabla.. then the battles will be like those normal 8-12 ppl battles with random noobs only.

I hope kopaka finds some system that doesn't end the battle era with nigger statwhores :PD

- Mr. tired and grumpy
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Xiphias wrote:omfg .. these stats are driving me crazy.
It will be like #battle.. ppl will stop entering battles to somehow watch out for their score.. or blabla.. then the battles will be like those normal 8-12 ppl battles with random noobs only.

I hope kopaka finds some system that doesn't end the battle era with nigger statwhores :PD

- Mr. tired and grumpy
The main ranking will not cause this, in that you can only gain points by playing, even with the proposed changes in the other topic. That's exactly why the relative ranking is not the main system, because it can cause this, but some people really liked it so it's there for them.
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

it would be useful in 1hTT battles, cuz somebody who dont wanna play this battle counts into standings when play even just one internal. when sb play just one internal during 1h balle, he counts into 1hTT stats with some great time, unbeatable for normal 1hTTplayer so it will make 1hTT stats false
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that
Bludek
38mins club

Post by Bludek »

on topic: It would be nice to have some link from player's profile to all his levels (started by him). Now it's very hard (read: takes a lot of time) to find some old levels started by someone...
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

battles -> serach -> designer..
[carebox]
Bludek
38mins club

Post by Bludek »

oh. ok. cool. ty.
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

jblaze wrote:
it would be useful in 1hTT battles, cuz somebody who dont wanna play this battle counts into standings when play even just one internal. when sb play just one internal during 1h balle, he counts into 1hTT stats with some great time, unbeatable for normal 1hTTplayer so it will make 1hTT stats false
For 1htt best times you have to make under 2 hours in that 1htt for them to count. Could be some limit for totals aswell, like under 8:50 or 8 hours.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Kopaka wrote:
jblaze wrote:
For 1htt best times you have to make under 2 hours in that 1htt for them to count. Could be some limit for totals aswell, like under 8:50 or 8 hours.
The limit should be 1 hour + finishing all levs ! Otherwise those stats are totally pointless.
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

More statistics for designers! Obviously Kopa loves stats so why not? :)

Some ideas:
- average battles started per week since registeration
- average length of battle (taken from wintimes)
- most levels by team
- highest rated levels by team

This would encourage more and better battles.

Also, how about battle/rec rating in EOL, not on the site? People rarely alttab to rate them on the site so ratings are somewhat random (no offense Mawa :) )
Last edited by Lousku on 22 Aug 2010, 11:43, edited 1 time in total.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

And I want stats of how many times I've farted during playing elma !
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

LousQ wrote:Also, how about battle/rec rating in EOL, not on the site? People rarely alttab to rate them on the site so ratings somewhat random (no offense Mawa :) )
very +1
Bludek
38mins club

Post by Bludek »

why can't I rate best rec (made by other kuski) on my lev? Makes no sense to me.
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

because you are not in results of battle
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

LousQ wrote:Also, how about battle/rec rating in EOL, not on the site? People rarely alttab to rate them on the site so ratings are somewhat random (no offense Mawa :) )
many +1, was thinkin about it before but orkad write
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

haha

Thor18 overall best times:
1. YEAHS 00:15,89
2. Alma [BAP] 00:15,93
100 Alma [BAP] 00:15,93

Thor18 playing time:
1. Alma [BAP] 04:17:36,54
12. YEAHS 00:16,56
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Mawane wrote:haha

Thor18 overall best times:
1. YEAHS 00:15,89
2. Alma [BAP] 00:15,93
100 Alma [BAP] 00:15,93

Thor18 playing time:
1. Alma [BAP] 04:17:36,54
12. YEAHS 00:16,56
alma top2-99 15.93-16.13 but anyway, megalol at alma :D almost like bis xdxdxdxdxd
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

this is so me :lol:
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

[carebox]
Morgan
36mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Morgan »

xD
Image TT - 36:53.16 || 17 Polish Records || SPEED
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

where combined tt? not there yet or i cant find?