eol chat hack

Feature requests and ideas for the new unofficial versions of Elma and general talk related to those.

Moderator: Moporators

ribot
Not banned

eol chat hack

Post by ribot »

it would be funny in eol if you change this words in chat:
shit -> nice
horrible -> wonderful
hate -> love

it would change the whole community
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
Igge
38mins club

Re: eol chat hack

Post by Igge »

Totally offtopic, but still:

I had an idea once that you should be able to start anonymous balles. I guess this could lead to nabs starting retarded levels on purpose, but I think it could be a fun experiment.

Sometimes during belma times I'd smurf on some random nick (no, Dave wasn't the only one) and start some balles with that. It was actually really fun to see how people reacted to my levels when they didn't know they were mine.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Wonderful idea, it would be really nice. I love you :*
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Igge wrote:It was actually really fun to see how people reacted to my levels when they didn't know they were mine.
I loved them o,o just as your yours :D
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Heah. On one of my smurf accs I made levels that only kopaka liked :D
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Madness wrote:Wonderful idea, it would be really nice. I love you :*
qft.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Madness wrote:Wonderful idea, it would be really nice. I love you :*
heh Madness being funny :) cheers :beer:
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

Igge wrote:Sometimes during belma times I'd smurf on some random nick (no, Dave wasn't the only one) and start some balles with that. It was actually really fun to see how people reacted to my levels when they didn't know they were mine.
I also did this, and enjoyed it a lot!
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Igge wrote:I had an idea once that you should be able to start anonymous balles.
Oh, I would love this...
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

If you think your reputation as a human being will suffer from starting bad levs, why not just start a battle lev pack named "bad" or "shit" or "chris" and start whatever levs

Also ban ville_j for phantom accounting
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

It's not so much about reputation suffering, it's more like... When people see a battle by umiz, they already expect to like it and that kind of influences their perception of the level. But if they see a battle by some unknown guy, they will approach it more critically, and perhaps they will be less afraid to voice their honest feelings if they don't know that the lev is actually made by a highly acclaimed author. It's like how sometimes writers release books under different pen names because they want people to judge their book on its own merit, if that makes any sense.
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

then you never know when "nice lev" is actually "nice lev" and ez find new word for shit like "poo lev"
some games put **** censoring
maybe chat hack could correct nabness
liek -> like
my are -> i am
oke ->
etc
My Youtube Channel Level Stats Maker Battle Notifier!

Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

Pab wrote:then you never know when "nice lev" is actually "nice lev" and ez find new word for shit like "poo lev"
some games put **** censoring
maybe chat hack could correct nabness
liek -> like
my are -> i am
oke ->
etc
1. Bjenn -> 29. Bjenn
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

Some impsy ideas came to my mind recently. What if we had a !command system in eol, as in #across and Discord.

My first idea was !juka command. Typing this in eol chat would echo "easy short level normal mode battle please" message. This command wouldn't do anything else, but it would be extremely helpful for some people. :)

Next step is an "auto random battle" system. Any player could type !randombattle in eol chat whenever queue is empty and nobody wants to start easy short level normal mode battle.
Then, a random old level is selected from the database (oke i know old levels not allowed by default, but the database is huge enough!), a random time (between rational limits, like 15-25 mins) is given, and battle would start. For avoiding unfinishable, bad levels, only levels with finished time(s) would be allowed. More limitations possible, like level must be older than 1 year or finished time must be under 1 min, etc.

Bot opponents (like in CS) also would be great. Are you playing alone at 3:30 am? Start a !randombattle, then !add 4-5 Z-bots (zero/zweq) and start höyling against CPU! EZ win. :)
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

iCS wrote:Bot opponents (like in CS) also would be great. Are you playing alone at 3:30 am? Start a !randombattle, then !add 4-5 Z-bots (zero/zweq) and start höyling against CPU! EZ win. :)
Good luck with the coding of a working elma bot :D

I really like the idea of starting a random level from the database. I think it is a much better alternative to waiting for someone to make "some quick lev".
The system would be slightly unfair from time to time but does that really matter? We don't have any kind of ranked battles in eol so it's not like the current battles are balanced. Fair perhaps but not balanced.

I think the outcome of this idea would be a more active scene and that's definitely what we should aim for. Good thinking iCS ;)
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Zero wrote:I really like the idea of starting a random level from the database. I think it is a much better alternative to waiting for someone to make "some quick lev".
The system would be slightly unfair from time to time but does that really matter? We don't have any kind of ranked battles in eol so it's not like the current battles are balanced. Fair perhaps but not balanced.
I couldn't say it better myself :O I guess we could give it a try and see if people get pissed off and start aborting? :p (since it's never happening officially...)
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

It would be much better to make a good level generator that would start a level when someone asks for one.
iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

Madness wrote:It would be much better to make a good level generator that would start a level when someone asks for one.
zebra's levgen isn't that bad. With proper settings, it's possible to create easy short levs, not only mega FF's. Example
Yet, battles on generated levels are very rare. I think people prefer human levels.
Zero wrote:Good luck with the coding of a working elma bot :D
Agree, seems impsy. But how man can know... maybe this neural network gak can evolve further than we can imagine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv6UVOQ0F44