Weekly update of internal times

Feature requests and ideas for the new unofficial versions of Elma and general talk related to those.

Moderator: Moporators

Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Weekly update of internal times

Post by Kopaka »

Like with times in EOL levelpack it is also possible to add this functionality to other levelpacks including internals. So to bring back the excitement and secrecy surrounding WRs (if there will ever be one again) and just internal times in general we talked about doing this for internals. I just wanted to hear people's opinion first because this will been applied to all new times made in internals not just WRs.
culinko
38mins club

Re: Weekly update of internal times

Post by culinko »

why? for me it's a surprise when a wr is driven and now it happens like once per month or something. no need to "delay" the records and keep them hidden.
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

There's really no excitement of seeing all the new nab internal times, except for WRs. Therefore I would merely prefer to automatically hide new internal WRs from EOL site till the next WR table update occurs. This kinda spoils the surprise of seeing new WRs in the official table since all the times have to be driven online.. Weekly updates on Moposite would be sufficient enough.
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

Madness wrote:There's really no excitement of seeing all the new nab internal times, except for WRs. Therefore I would merely prefer to automatically hide new internal WRs from EOL site till the next WR table update occurs. This kinda spoils the surprise of seeing new WRs in the official table since all the times have to be driven online..
Agreed.

I am strongly voting for hiding them like on eol pack. Nabs like Haru of course say the wrs should be public instantly. But ask, for example Bjenn, whose wrs were often stolen after he actually had driven the wr but he never got it to the table because some other players beat them before.

So shategak nabs before speaking stupid things. Teh excitement is NOT the biggest when you enter elasto super tired in the midnght annd go play some retard internal liek hangman and Nekit did wr and sash. Mcuh cooler to wait for teh update liek the most of the normal players did before
with a real excitement.
Morgan
36mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Morgan »

dont hide internals, no weekly pls
Image TT - 36:53.16 || 17 Polish Records || SPEED
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

I'm very much for all times better than current WRs being hidden until the new WR table comes out
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

FinMan wrote:
Madness wrote:There's really no excitement of seeing all the new nab internal times, except for WRs. Therefore I would merely prefer to automatically hide new internal WRs from EOL site till the next WR table update occurs. This kinda spoils the surprise of seeing new WRs in the official table since all the times have to be driven online..
Agreed.

I am strongly voting for hiding them like on eol pack. Nabs like Haru of course say the wrs should be public instantly. But ask, for example Bjenn, whose wrs were often stolen after he actually had driven the wr but he never got it to the table because some other players beat them before.

So shategak nabs before speaking stupid things. Teh excitement is NOT the biggest when you enter elasto super tired in the midnght annd go play some retard internal liek hangman and Nekit did wr and sash. Mcuh cooler to wait for teh update liek the most of the normal players did before
with a real excitement.
because people not sharing your opinion are instantly nabs. cool story bro

i thought we are gonna keep elma community alive, not dead. even the hiding times in eol levpack (well, first update was ok, but after... it's levpack not a cup ffs)
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

FinMan wrote:A Nabs like Haru of course say the wrs should be public instantly.
Well actually if possible to hide only times better than current record for a week that would be max, but hiding all times is annoying as cunt.
Image Cyberscore! Image
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

Haruhi wrote:
Well actually if possible to hide only times better than current record for a week that would be max, but hiding all times is annoying as cunt.
When did I start agreeing with Haruhi this much???
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

imo how it should have been made initially:

if kuski is hidden also the time should be hidden. else: nat

that was easy
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

What's so important about internal stats on eol anyway? they are no where near complete, they only way to get somewhat complete stats is importing eol stats on moposite records (which will come) and you can't check those on eol anyway.

Ville_J wrote:
Haruhi wrote:
When did I start agreeing with Haruhi this much???
Something like that could be possible, like you can set a setting "hide my times untill sunday" or sach, then WRs and those with that setting only get's updated weekly and others every hour or ten minutes, or something like that
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

I want my nab times to be updated instantly (the way it is now).

I agree with Haru
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

ez weekly update for internals and all packs, kinglist and shit
[carebox]
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

ez do it? =)
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Working on this now.
So far its something like this: works like EOL pack, times are copied over once a week (say sunday).
But can add rights for special person (px) who can see realtime times (for verifying WRs).
When it does the weekly copying it checks for times better than current WR and puts these to special db table.
Then checks daily if these have been updated and if so puts them in with the other times so they are visible.
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

I take no objections as a consensus, otherwise speak now, I updated above post a tad.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Weekly WRs are the best solution. Beats the crap out of instant WRs, and is also better than the current "Maybe update, maybe no update" system we have now.

Do it!
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Ves
Kuski

Post by Ves »

Zweq wrote:if kuski is hidden also the time should be hidden. else: nat
If somebody saw the ride a rumor spreads anyway.
Kopaka wrote:Something like that could be possible, like you can set a setting "hide my times untill sunday" or sach, then WRs and those with that setting only get's updated weekly and others every hour or ten minutes, or something like that
EOL is only an instrument to verify WR is not cheated. Currently we have inconsistence between mopo and eolsite: to be accepted, WR-rec should be sent to px manually.

So the most natural would be personal option
Publish my times
  • immediately
  • only after mopo update
Through the externals to the skill.
Through the skill to the internals.
Through the internals to the divinity.
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

Hidden wr times until after update would be max. Also whichever way we get about one updated table/week would be best imo. Either manual (so long as the person is actually doing a good job) or automatic. And I agree with Ves that EOL should only be an instrument to verify replays.

So basically: not instant updates.
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Also, if possible, updates even if no new times. Like someone mentioned before the current system with updates only if new WRs doesn't really allow for consistency.
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Ves wrote:
Kopaka wrote:Something like that could be possible, like you can set a setting "hide my times untill sunday" or sach, then WRs and those with that setting only get's updated weekly and others every hour or ten minutes, or something like that
EOL is only an instrument to verify WR is not cheated. Currently we have inconsistence between mopo and eolsite: to be accepted, WR-rec should be sent to px manually.

So the most natural would be personal option
Publish my times
  • immediately
  • only after mopo update
Yes that's what I meant when I said that, won't happen, at least not right away though (will be only after mopo update for everyone), cus it's more work. WRs will continue to be updated by px of course like always, and as I said I'm making it so that they will be hidden on eol untill they have been so, so there will be no inconsistency.
niN wrote:Hidden wr times until after update would be max. Also whichever way we get about one updated table/week would be best imo. Either manual (so long as the person is actually doing a good job) or automatic. And I agree with Ves that EOL should only be an instrument to verify replays.

So basically: not instant updates.
Yeah everything will happen automatically on sundays, new times driven throughout the week are sent to moposite and made visible on eol (except wrs as mentioned above, which will await px's approval)
Igge wrote:Also, if possible, updates even if no new times. Like someone mentioned before the current system with updates only if new WRs doesn't really allow for consistency.
No idea what you mean really? What except WR page is not updated if there is no new WRs?
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

Kopaka wrote:
Igge wrote:Also, if possible, updates even if no new times. Like someone mentioned before the current system with updates only if new WRs doesn't really allow for consistency.
No idea what you mean really? What except WR page is not updated if there is no new WRs?
I think he meant to have the WR update even without new wr's, meaning those "No new WRs to be updated" -posts.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Yup. It's kinda sad how you can't really do statistics on the wr tables anymore since the updates have been so irregular. An update which actually states "0 new wrs" would allow for consistency and therefore make it easier to produce statistics.
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

And weekly updates without WRs would be nice. Atm, EOL pack times are not updated until someone does WR.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

why are table statistics necessary anyway o,o all of the statistics should have been based on time in the first place, 63 tables old wr -> 3 years 5 months old wr, 102 tables with wrs -> 6 years with wrs etc
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Yes that would be more sensible indeed zweq, dunno if Jokke has any interest in updating wr stats.
Haruhi wrote:And weekly updates without WRs would be nice. Atm, EOL pack times are not updated until someone does WR.
No they are. (last friday was exception cus cron script was turned off as part of the lag test and forgot to turn back on)
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Zweq wrote:imo how it should have been made initially:

if kuski is hidden also the time should be hidden. else: nat

that was easy
Igge wrote:Weekly WRs are the best solution. Beats the crap out of instant WRs, and is also better than the current "Maybe update, maybe no update" system we have now.

Do it!
I agree. However, I think one should have the option to put individual times on hold and "hiding" them from the update. Lets say WR-player XXXxXXX starts hoyling some internal and he needs 3 weeks to actually make the WR. That WR will hardly be any surprise once it's updated since his progress through those 3 weeks have already been updated (since those times aren't WR). If he's unlucky player YYYyYYY has already seen him coming and beaten the WR even more.

Having it that way is the closest to having it like in the good old days.

Feels too much like 1984 otherwise.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Yup. If a player chooses to play hidden, his times should be hidden as well.
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Yes yes yes.
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Ves
Kuski

Post by Ves »

Lazy Kopa, current implementation sucks :evil:
Internal 52.lev, Hang Tight
Best Times
1. Kazan 00:24,35
2. Zweq [WNO] 00:24,38
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Thanks for spoiling.

Also, doesn't px still have to manually update the record table, only the EOL times automatically become visible at the end of the week?
Ves
Kuski

Post by Ves »

Igge wrote:Thanks for spoiling.
Is was bolded together with Mielz's hooked on sunday anyway.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Ah. Thanks for spoiling that as well.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

this doesnt make any sense.
FinMan
36mins club

Post by FinMan »

go away Ves
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Picture of me reading lauta.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

I have ves ignored and I somehow sense I shouldn't regret :)
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

or maybe kaz could start sending wrs in
Ves
Kuski

Post by Ves »

Igge wrote:Ah. Thanks for spoiling that as well.
Spoiling what? Mielz's WR in hooked was updated.
Zweq wrote:or maybe kaz could start sending wrs in
Of course he would, but why he should? Why anyone is not able to collect few WRs during some period to send in?

Why no constructive posts? The question is: why system doesn't work as it should. Or, if it works as it is supposed to work, why is it so lame?
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

Ves wrote:
Igge wrote:Ah. Thanks for spoiling that as well.
Spoiling what? Mielz's WR in hooked was updated.
Zweq wrote:or maybe kaz could start sending wrs in
Of course he would, but why he should? Why anyone is not able to collect few WRs during some period to send in?

Why no constructive posts? The question is: why system doesn't work as it should. Or, if it works as it is supposed to work, why is it so lame?
It works exactly as it should. The new best times were held off until a WR update, and then they were updated when the WR update happened.
Image Cyberscore! Image
FinMan
36mins club

Post by FinMan »

Haruhi wrote:It works exactly as it should.
This.
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Well haru, fm, it doesn't completely, they are only held up untill weekly update, regardless of wether they are updated on official wr table. It's made to hold them off untill they are but it was coded pretty much untested.
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

I have now fixed the bugs with this system. Meaning if px doesn't update WRs before sunday midnight, any eventual WRs won't show on EOL site before he does update them.
Pascal
Kuski

Post by Pascal »

Yes, thank you Kopaka!