Startballe/EOL Feature Idea? Scheduled Battles.

Feature requests and ideas for the new unofficial versions of Elma and general talk related to those.

Moderator: Moporators

devin
Kuski

Startballe/EOL Feature Idea? Scheduled Battles.

Post by devin »

I think start balle should have schedule tool so you can start levs way ahead of schedule w/o interrupting current queue. Cause sometimes have limited time and some mongo 45 min ff balle on and wanted to have a lev start during times u can be on computer. (guess does not appy to n0lif0rs)

I mean EOL website supports battle times and time zone change options...its just eol would have to have another key to bring up list of scheduled battles ie. mopobattles, special battles, whatever battles, etc.

what u think? orka idea?
-brag
Igge
38mins club

Re: Startballe/EOL Feature Idea? Scheduled Battles.

Post by Igge »

I don't think that would work. I say we keep the "first come, first serve" system. Otherwise eevryone would queue for prime-time and no one would be able to balle levels normally then. I for instance wouldn't like having to queue several days in advance (because I couldn't queue today because everyone queued for today several hours ago), so I would never get to balle anything during prime-time.

queue.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
devin
Kuski

Post by devin »

good point maybe limit amount per day or month or w/e dunno
-brag
zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

Would be excellent feature when arranging mopobattles.
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

dunno about scheduling but one feature that we used to have in early belma was unlimited battlequeue by one person, it was reduced to 1 because of inability to really punish people back then. It's a bit sad to see that it never came back as unlimited or at least 3-5 for "trusted" battlestarters
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

zebra wrote:Would be excellent feature when arranging mopobattles.
i knew you´ll say that :)

imo nice idea, but maybe accessible just for certain people (some -rators and trusted ones, or just to special balle starters)
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

It's an interesting idea yes. Of course it also has some issues. For example what igge mentions, but if we keep current limit of 1 battle in queue I don't think that will be a problem. Another thing is that if there is some battle scheduled for 20:00 and a battle ends 19:50 you might have to wait 10 mins to battle if those who have a level ready want it to be battled longer than 6 mins.

A solution to that is using the cup system for such scheduled battles, so they are driven parallel with normal battles. Of course it's very bugged atm so unusable for now, but also might be easier to fix those bugs than adding that functionality to battles (and remove the limit that you can only set it hourly), still a big job though I would guess. mila mentioned not too long ago that multi and cup was kinda added on top of the normal battle system which wasn't made for such from the beginning. So it was made in somewhat weird way or whatever, which I guess is also the cause of the many bugs.
devin
Kuski

Post by devin »

Good points Kopaka, what you said makes sense because you understand more about how the system works more than most. But the idea could still be used if not too hard for the things mentioned above. Because there would be quite many conflicts if too many battles scheduled. but great for mopobattles and cups as well.

Its jus sometimes ppl put bad levs for too long and some ppl are unable to start their lev if they wanted to be present. Also having your battle at the end of a list of battle queus totalling over an hour can be frustrating, might sound silly but having some kind of vote which balle comes first, 2nd, 3rd, etc. Obviously only usable for prime times. Im not so sure of this idea so im sure others would not care for it. but jus thinkin....U could choose towards designer u prefer. sounds like complicated integration imo in comparison to functionality or likablity among players.
-brag
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

Imo, absolutely no votes for designers you prefer - new kuskis would never get to put levs, and ppl whose levs suck to the majority would neither. It would remove some variety of battles.

EDIT: I re-read your post, I don't think it's worth coding such for prime times. And I think battles should be queued the way they are put into queue. Scheduled battles is a nice idea, if it can be created in a smart way.
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

This could be applied to mopobattles or another significant events. Otherwise I'm strongly against it. =)
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

"some people put bad levs for too long time" Image