Level Design Wish List

Feature requests and ideas for the new unofficial versions of Elma and general talk related to those.

Moderator: Moporators

Juish
38mins club

Level Design Wish List

Post by Juish »

There are many level designing programs, cool polygon tools, auto-gen levels. But what about the core level itself, why hasn't it advanced. It has predetermined limits that I think should be broken down!

My wish list:
- Expand the level's maximum dimensions (not necessarily infinite, but waaaaaaaaayyyyyy bigger and the max should be calculated by the square ft. not constrained to some rectangular shape)

- a new LGR with a Pixel sized Mask That allows for auto-Polygon masking or complex masking

- Tags - attached designer info (nick, team, country of origin)
- Tags - Some sort of "type" property. (Normal, Pipe, Uphill, hoyla...)

- EOL Designer stats? like...
Total times kuskis entered/finished/died in/esc'd a level designed by a particular designer
List of totals for Level "types" designed (20 hoylas, 10 pies... etc)
Total # of LEvels designed
most often time of day this designer posts battles
kuski that won the most battles made by this designer
designer kinglists(most levels, most battles posted, most pipes designed, most uphills designed...)
~hashtag levels on the eol site + level search (by type, by designer, or by keyword) so if someone wants to search "skateboard" and someone hashtagged their skateboard park level ~skateboard it would come up in the search.
"Designer level bank" where you can upload new levels that aren't battle levels or level packs. these "singles" still count towards your designer stats.

I could probably go on for a while with all the possible level stats, but it might leverage a few more designers to pop up.

I said this somewhere before but a multi user level designer would be interesting, where more than one designer can both design simultaneously in real time. or simply "spy" in real time. ever wanted to see TL in action? complete with spy while designer tests, and mini window for when one user is testing the level and the other is designing. also have voice and text chat for ease of communicating ideas.

Measure-a-Route Tool. Lay out a line of verticies on the map to measure distances (they don't show up anywhere, they are just for designing and testing purposes. Also the ability to have multiple measurements with color coding and name labeling. for measuring multiple styles. You could also use this tool for keeping things lined up over long distances.

lastly, ever thought of a "watermark/signature" type thing that is in a designated spot on the screen during the level (like a black ops calling card that you illustrate yourself) made by the designer and approved before it can be shown during your battle(so people don't abuse their priviledge) maybe even as a cool incentive you have to post 100 battle levels before you can be approved for a designer watermark. not large by any means just small, It's like an artist signing his work.

Collect your ideas here, elaborate, and programmers too, you probably have the best input on the possibility of some of these things.
Cheers.
TT= 38 somethin
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Re: Level Design Wish List

Post by Grace »

Juish wrote:There are many level designing programs, cool polygon tools, auto-gen levels. But what about the core level itself, why hasn't it advanced. It has predetermined limits that I think should be broken down!

My wish list:
- Expand the level's maximum dimensions (not necessarily infinite, but waaaaaaaaayyyyyy bigger and the max should be calculated by the square ft. not constrained to some rectangular shape)

- a new LGR with a Pixel sized Mask That allows for auto-Polygon masking or complex masking

- Tags - attached designer info (nick, team, country of origin)
- Tags - Some sort of "type" property. (Normal, Pipe, Uphill, hoyla...)

- EOL Designer stats? like...
Total times kuskis entered/finished/died in/esc'd a level designed by a particular designer
List of totals for Level "types" designed (20 hoylas, 10 pies... etc)
Total # of LEvels designed
most often time of day this designer posts battles
kuski that won the most battles made by this designer
designer kinglists(most levels, most battles posted, most pipes designed, most uphills designed...)
~hashtag levels on the eol site + level search (by type, by designer, or by keyword) so if someone wants to search "skateboard" and someone hashtagged their skateboard park level ~skateboard it would come up in the search.
"Designer level bank" where you can upload new levels that aren't battle levels or level packs. these "singles" still count towards your designer stats.

I could probably go on for a while with all the possible level stats, but it might leverage a few more designers to pop up.

I said this somewhere before but a multi user level designer would be interesting, where more than one designer can both design simultaneously in real time. or simply "spy" in real time. ever wanted to see TL in action? complete with spy while designer tests, and mini window for when one user is testing the level and the other is designing. also have voice and text chat for ease of communicating ideas.

Measure-a-Route Tool. Lay out a line of verticies on the map to measure distances (they don't show up anywhere, they are just for designing and testing purposes. Also the ability to have multiple measurements with color coding and name labeling. for measuring multiple styles. You could also use this tool for keeping things lined up over long distances.

lastly, ever thought of a "watermark/signature" type thing that is in a designated spot on the screen during the level (like a black ops calling card that you illustrate yourself) made by the designer and approved before it can be shown during your battle(so people don't abuse their priviledge) maybe even as a cool incentive you have to post 100 battle levels before you can be approved for a designer watermark. not large by any means just small, It's like an artist signing his work.

Collect your ideas here, elaborate, and programmers too, you probably have the best input on the possibility of some of these things.
Cheers.
All of these are good features of course.
I believe this is to be a feature in the Elma 2 editor.
Hard as fuck to implement but would be absolutely incredible. It could be difficult to regulate WHO has permissions to edit certain levels (ie. a collab level limited in editing to the collab designers.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

I once dreamt there was real-time levmaking balle. People were playing an ff and I was making it as they were playing it. After a while it got really stressful when someone (don't remember who) was really fast and I couldn't keep up making the lev so had to spam vertices like crazy. Would be cool but I guess hard to do)
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

I can't say I feel restricted in any way when making norm balle. Probably the best things would be:

- Define start angle.
- Pick n apples to be able to finish.
- Some jappe2 idea which I forgot how it was.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Zweq wrote:- Some jappe2 idea which I forgot how it was.
probably exterminate jews or sach.

But ye, i agree. Levmaking doesn't really need any improvements other than the ones you mentioned. Maybe banana teleports, but nothing too fancy is required.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

jappe2 idea was something like grouping apples with numbers or any other symbols and need to pick one from each group to be able to finish, if I remember right :o
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

What I would want, is to have a possibility to make some kind of puzzle solving levels. So apple triggers with moving/(dis)appearing polygons, or something... geez I'd cum in my pants instantly.
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

Yes, scripted events such as in Amle 2 editor is my top wish.
39:37,91