Instant turn (no animation)

Feature requests and ideas for the new unofficial versions of Elma and general talk related to those.

Moderator: Moporators

Post Reply
badyl
37mins club
Posts: 169
Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 20:41

Instant turn (no animation)

Post by badyl » 22 Apr 2016, 23:26

Is there a version of Elma with an option of "instant turning" (i.e. there is no animation when pressing turn) ? Sometimes I find it really annoying when I don't know where exactly the head is. Examples:
1. During fast rotation the position of the head changes a lot when turning.
2. In pipes you turn so often that sometimes you don't know where the head is.

Is instant turn going to be available ever in the future?
Image

User avatar
kuchitsu
Kuski
Posts: 1171
Joined: 13 Aug 2010, 20:31

Re: Instant turn (no animation)

Post by kuchitsu » 22 Apr 2016, 23:27

AFAIK there was one for belma (made by jon?) but not for EOL...

User avatar
Lousku
Kuski
Posts: 2857
Joined: 5 Feb 2010, 00:25
Team: BAP
Location: expensive land of dads

Re: Instant turn (no animation)

Post by Lousku » 23 Apr 2016, 01:23

Yeah... Turn animation is kind of a retarded part of Elma, especially in pipes and zweqspinning and whatever. I'd like to get rid of it too.
kuchitsu wrote:AFAIK there was one for belma (made by jon?) but not for EOL...
I think it was Smibu.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?

badyl
37mins club
Posts: 169
Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 20:41

Re: Instant turn (no animation)

Post by badyl » 23 Apr 2016, 09:02

Anybody has it and can upload?
Image

User avatar
bene
Hot kuski
Posts: 807
Joined: 18 Aug 2003, 23:33
Team: dat
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Instant turn (no animation)

Post by bene » 23 Apr 2016, 12:48

I used 1 frame long turn animations for tas project cause there when bike is stretched over entire screen turn does not move head an little bit. It is on the wrong side of the screen.
Also nice for some things like new int01 (tas) end cause biker is licking end bump while turning 5 times in last second.
For normal live play it is pretty meh I think, it is nicer but doesn't really matter that much.
Image
Image
Image
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*

User avatar
dawid
Kuski
Posts: 171
Joined: 10 May 2014, 19:23

Re: Instant turn (no animation)

Post by dawid » 14 Aug 2016, 23:46

bene wrote:I used 1 frame long turn animations for tas project
Could u tell how did u make 1 frame long turn?

Cold
Kuski
Posts: 25
Joined: 10 Apr 2015, 16:27

Re: Instant turn (no animation)

Post by Cold » 17 Aug 2016, 21:51

badyl wrote:Is there a version of Elma with an option of "instant turning" (i.e. there is no animation when pressing turn) ? Sometimes I find it really annoying when I don't know where exactly the head is. Examples:
1. During fast rotation the position of the head changes a lot when turning.
2. In pipes you turn so often that sometimes you don't know where the head is.

Is instant turn going to be available ever in the future?
I'm not sure if you need this anymore.
Change 0x0042003D from je to jmp 004200BD.

If you don't know how, ask dawid or someone else to make a program for you.
Canada

User avatar
dawid
Kuski
Posts: 171
Joined: 10 May 2014, 19:23

Re: Instant turn (no animation)

Post by dawid » 18 Aug 2016, 21:37

Cold wrote:I'm not sure if you need this anymore.
Change 0x0042003D from je to jmp 004200BD.

If you don't know how, ask dawid or someone else to make a program for you.
Thanks man! imo at this moment cheat engine or some bin editor should be enough. I have one project where i could add this option but I have no time to finnish this program. It is still prealpha version :D BTW ur trick works only while playing, not in recplaying :roll: but it is no problem ofc.

User avatar
bene
Hot kuski
Posts: 807
Joined: 18 Aug 2003, 23:33
Team: dat
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Instant turn (no animation)

Post by bene » 19 Aug 2016, 08:54

I changed the duration to be less than 1/30. Works in recplay but then you have 1 frame long not instant.
Image
Image
Image
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*

Post Reply