This topic is for discussing bugs and features of "EOL2". Note the quotes - the final name of the game isn't really written in stone yet. This first post includes the download links for the latest version.
LATEST UPDATE: 23.12.2017 (version 0.5.1)
Browser (online version)
Before posting any bug reports or feature requests, check out EOL2 wiki page and the list of currently known bugs.
Please consider posting bug reports and feature requests directly to GitLab. Copying them from this lauta thread requires extra work, especially because the syntaxes are different (BBCode vs. Markdown). You need to create a GitLab account, but you only have to do it once.
Have fun! :)
IRC channel: #discord-developers @ IRCnet.
Currently, I'm waiting for MSVC to support C++ modules. It already does to some extent, but there are some bugs remaining. I've filed a few ones that I encountered when trying to use modules: one (fixed!), two (seems fixed), three.
This didn't matter much at the beginning, but as the project has grown, the slow compile times and the ancient #include system are starting to feel like a hindrance.
Code: Select all
- Make basic stuff work well: - Autosave best time rides, maybe even all rides - Show and save best times, import times to EOL2 from state.dat and external levs with top 10 times - Set cripple mode for playing (no-volt etc.) - Start designing/implementing online mode - First goals: - Show players in current level - Show list of online players - Make chat work - Investigate the possibility to use/integrate mila's/domi's client/server code - Investigate if the current API is good enough or if something should be added/modified etc.
## 0.5.1 (23.12.2017)
- Project renamed to EOL2.
- Bugfix: Sometimes closing the result window required two esc presses.
## 0.5.0 (13.3.2017)
- Replays of selected level(s) are listed.
- Any existing replays can be played, not just the latest ride.
- Unsaved replays can be saved later (but not after quitting the program).
- Replays of same play mode can be merged.
- Added support for ghost driver.
- Added option to toggle vsync preference.
- Added support for flag tag mode.
- Added Peek level -option.
- Browser version: Added support for downloading levels and replays via URL parameters.
- Browser version: Screen is now resized automatically to browser window size.
- XML format is now used for options file.
- Don't restart the whole application when changing full screen setting.
- Bugfix: Head was covered by suspension.
- Bugfix: Characters in key config textboxes showed up as US layout equivalents.
- Bugfix: Both in-game and menu actions were fired on keypress.
- Bugfix: Delete key did not work in textboxes.
- Bugfix: Alovolt and normal volt keys could conflict with each other.
- Bugfix: Arm animation sometimes went to incorrect direction in replay.
- Bugfix: Pictures in background -option was not being saved.
- Bugfix: LGRs without grass were not working.
- Bugfix: Driver body parts were not animatable.
- Bugfix: Browser version: Mouse wheel was inverted.
## 0.4.0 (18.9.2016)
- Pictures and textures are shown.
- Pictures and textures can be animated (using multipage TIFF images).
- Bugfix: Internal replays did not work in original Elma.
- Bugfix: EOL2 would crash if there was an object with invalid animation number in the lev.
## 0.3.0 (25.8.2016)
- Added support for lgrzip format.
- Added support for 32-bit graphics.
- Added support for OS X.
- Added better support for keyboard navigation in menus.
- Added support for Emscripten (web browser) version.
- Show rotation speed and its max value during ride.
- Bugfix: Bike went off screen with big zoom and non-centered camera.
- Bugfix: Non-centered camera did not get updated properly while playing a replay.
## 0.2.0 (20.9.2015)
- Added a simple keyboard shortcut mechanism for menus.
- Added replay playing possibility after a ride ends.
- Added FPS limiter.
- Show information (currently speed, max speed, one wheel status, apples) during the ride.
- Made numpad enter key alias for normal enter key.
- Removed lag that occurred while loading externals.
- Bugfix: Ground and sky textures were displayed upside down.
- Bugfix: Mouse scrolling was not working in key config tab.
## 0.1.0 (28.4.2014)
- Added support for Linux (Ubuntu).
- Timer looks better.
- Minimap resizes according to window size.
- Level size limits (dimensions, objects, vertices, polygons) have been lifted (only memory is the limit).
- Replays can be saved. So far the rec format is the same as in original Elma. Playing is not yet done, so you have to use external player or Elma.
## Second update (27.4.2013)
- Arrow displays the direction of gravity in gravity apples.
- Time is shown after ride (and whether it was finished or not).
- Reset defaults -button for keys.
- Toggle show/hide button for multiplayer mode (hides/shows the player's view).
- Grass is shown.
## First update (29.12.2012)
- Improved level loading speed a LOT.
- Added internal levels.
- Fixed ground/sky "jittering".
- Fixed flower in front of kuski.
- Fixed a possible very slight lag while playing.
- Non-centered camera works now.
- Added brake and escape alias keys.
- Keys tab page layout is a bit better now.
- Timer works now.
- Local multiplayer mode works now.
- Minimap works now.
- Fixed crash when lev folder was empty.
- Level loading stopped when encountering invalid lev. Not anymore.
- The order of windows is now remembered. Sometimes after finishing a ride, a wrong window was activated. Not anymore.
- Inactive windows become transparent.
## Initial release (15.12.2012)