Records

Different kind of Elma News.

Moderator: Moporators

Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Records

Post by Abula »

Description: WRs, World Top10 times, country records, total times (personal, team, national)
Writers: Cloud, jcl, dz, Luther, 8-ball
Last edited by Abula on 4 Aug 2004, 21:57, edited 3 times in total.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Cloud
38mins club

Table #134

Post by Cloud »

Here we are, I'm honoured to be able to post the first [excluding Abula's posts :) ] post to this new Mopolauta section: News. This new section was created because Abula will go to the army in a few days and there won't be much news on Moposite during Abula's army service. He will be there from six (6) to twelve (12) months, have fun ;D. To this 'News' section we will gather all the latest news happened in the scene. Me and jcl will inform you about the latest records, WRs etc.

Table #134 (Updated 6 July 2003)

Now I will give you a small summary of the latest WR table:

This table was quite glorious and had above the average amount of new WRs per table. Nine (9) new WRs were made.

23. Quick Round 37,90 psy. This must be quite hell of a ride, psy improved the former record by almost 0,5 sec. Note: Team dot [.] also introduced their new logo, it's quite nice :).

32. Steep Corner 43,52 Cloud. The 2nd oldest WR was beaten by me.

43. He He 57,79 Cloud. DarMoeD lost a WR

44. Freefall 12,23 Buci [ESP]. A new guy on the table, Buci. Karlis' WR was beaten by 0,01 sec. However, this WR is a mystery. Buci claims that his 2nd time is 35.xx. If it's true, he must have been damn lucky.

47. Enigma 19,62 Cloud. Look at ramone's ex-WR (19,75). I just had a bit better start. Boring WR.

48. Downhill 49,12 Zweq. The oldest WR was beaten by Zweq, congrats! It's worth it :).

49. What the Heck 40,23 oizo!. TorInge had this WR for ages but now oizo! managed to beat it. Nice work, but maybe TorInge will retaliate?

51. Tricks Abound 44,02 Cloud. Mick's one of the oldest WRs was beaten. Under 44,00 soon?

53. Hooked 17,42 deadnite. Oh boy, Karlis and deadnite have had an exciting battle with Hooked. The last word was given by deadnite. An amazing WR and I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Abula updated the records today. It might be the last records table for quite a long time due to Abula's army service as he said on the mainpage:
Records #45 - at 18:58 EET by Abula
Records updated. The next update won't be up in a few weeks because of my army so no need to submit your state.dats in a while.

The total time list has at least two (2) names worth of mentioning; Zweq keeps on improving and his current TT is 38:33,98. Pretty mad, isn't it. He has the best TT in the world. And the 2nd name is John who pushed himself under the 40mins limit barrier and now is a respected member of 39mins club :). Congrats.

- Team IC's (Imagination Crossers) TT went under 38:30. 38:29,80 to be exact.

- Finland soon under 38:00 in country total times list. Just a couple of weeks ago WRs TT went under 38:00 so we are doing quite well :).

That's all for now. Puuh, it wasn't fast to write all this :P.
(*_*) (*_*) (*_~) (~_~) ...zzzZZZzzZZ...
jcl
Donator duck

Post by jcl »

Fast interview with Buci, the kuski with the mostly unexpected FF WR:

jcl: Why did you start to try FF shortcut?
Buci: I thought i need to drop TT, and FF shortcut seemed the best way to do this.

jcl: Did you try the fastest style first?
Buci: I played around with the fast style long ago, nobody believed that I can make it...

jcl: But you did succeed. What was the first thing you did after driving WR (apart from saving replay)?
Buci: First I thought WR time is 12.22, but I was happy getting my first Hungarian Record, tremors started, then I yelled around for at least an hour. Later I was told I drove a WR...

jcl: Rate luckyness of your WR from 1 to 10
Buci: 5

jcl: Do you plan to take other WRs?
Buci: Nooooo, maybe I improve FF, that's all.
the weed fan club
jcl
Donator duck

Post by jcl »

WR Table #135

6. Long Haul 31.87 Zweq. A 0.01 sec improvement, still it's nice.

7. Hi-flyer 33.65 Zweq. Finally someone made an improvement on this level, only matter of höyling as former WR by FatherGod was published long ago.

19. Turnaround 37.80 Zweq and 20. Upside Down 1:01.86 Zweq. Another 2 of DarMoeD's WRs taken by Zweq. Upside down is a very nice ride, more than a second improvement, soon under 1 min?

49. What the Heck 39.99 TorInge. TorInge seemed to be lazy a bit lately, but now he takes glory of first WTH run under 40, improving his former WR.

All in all, Zweq is still on fire, now having 14 times on the WR table. With this rate he passes DarMoeD's 16 WR record next table...
the weed fan club
jcl
Donator duck

Post by jcl »

Zweq just announced he took another DarMoeD WR:

Level 16, New Wave: 1:29:72
the weed fan club
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

jcl wrote:Zweq just announced he took another DarMoeD WR:

Level 16, New Wave: 1:29:72
...and later on at the next WR-list, where zweq could have broked the record "most WRs in one table", which is 16, mr [FM] got New Wave WR with 1:29:70. So zweq is still haunting that record.
Could it be that he will never get closer than ridicuously 0,03 seconds.. that is something we will most likely see during the next few tables.
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

Okay lets analyze the new WRs on table #139.

--------
14. Loop-de-Loop 17,72 by TorInge [IC]

loop-de-poop, ehm, -loop, was considered as one of the most hoyled one before, and if we could guess which own wr Tor would improve, not many of us would've picked loop. So this was definietly a suprise WR. wuh.
--------
16. New Wave 1:28,50 by dz [FM]

This is considered the most impressive WR during all Across and Elasto Mania time being. I heard dz gets averagely ~153 private messages a day which are all about begging of this amazing replay. Hmm, somehow that name sounds familiar.. :roll:
--------
29. Headbanger 44,66 by TorInge [IC]

VERY impressive. This replay must be totally insane as well as inhumanly brutal. I would like to see it. :P We'll see if IRK is still able to take it back. I wonder what's Tor's second time..
--------
36. Fruit in the Den 58,49 TorInge [IC]

TorInges third WR on this very same table. That already is very impressive. This one is old dmd WR, leaving dmd only two WRs on the table. (yes, that's the one who had 16 WRs not too long ago). I really wish there will be the feature to always browse the past WR table and compare old time to the new ones. Anyway, this is also one of the levels which are absolutely too low on time to be done with the generally known styles, so there must definietly be something nice new stuff..
--------
44. Freefall 11,93 John [WNO]

John's first WR! gongrats, I think you're not considered as n00b anymore :P As John is now offically the first under 12 seconds on freefall, Zweq announced earlier having 11.9x before the update, so I guess Zweq is unoffically the first one. If you wonder what kind of new style there is, come to IRC #across and type "getrec 44". ;)

That's all for this table I guess. Nice to see some new TorInge WRs and hopefully we'll be seeing more of them, because otherwise Zweq takes the table under his control, and as usually, the more challenge, the better.
Last edited by dz on 18 Aug 2003, 22:23, edited 1 time in total.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

dz wrote:I really wish there will be the feature to always browse the past WR table and compare old time to the new ones.
I will just said for the people that didn't knew, Abula made such a feature a little time ago.

In the right down corner, under old tables, you can pick any table from table #1 to table #139, then click generate, and you will see that table.
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

Okay; lets analyze the new WRs on table #140.

--------
13. Hill Legend 15,86 by TorInge [IC]

Very very nice time from Tor again, taking Jokke's WR out. (you bastard)
--------
22. Slalom 39,97 by MadMan [EM]

Slalom 40 second barrier broken. Not much else to say.
MadMan: play more often you mango ;O
--------
42. Enduro by TorInge [IC]

Ok, with some hundreads off from earlier WR here also, Tor brutally takes Jokke's another, and only WR, leaving him out of WR tables for the
first time in Elasto Mania history. Before this table, Jokke has had at least one WR in 139 WR tables in a row. No on will ever beat that in elma at least =)
--------
44. Freefall by Zweq [WNO]

Zweq takes back the WR from his teammate John, though I heard some rumours his drove this time before John's WR, so that was pretty nice of Zweq to give John a change to show on the table for the first time. That is, IF the rumours are true.
Oh, and freefall time seems to be pretty good at the moment. Though we all know soan ez 10s style. ;S
--------
49. What the Heck by Zweq [WNO]

Quite impressive. About half an second improvement on this one. Now, I'm going to paste some quotes from what happened at #across before the table.

(Aug:Sat) 20:06:39 *** huba (mane@user-sjk2-188.dial.inet.fi) has joined #across
(Aug:Sat) 20:06:57 *** @Sandels sets mode: +l 75
(Aug:Sat) 20:08:40 <huba> zweq made a nice record on what the heck
(Aug:Sat) 20:08:59 <schumee> huba: tell
(Aug:Sat) 20:09:22 <huba> about 1 sec better wr
(Aug:Sat) 20:09:36 <schumee> i dont believe
(Aug:Sat) 20:09:43 <schumee> who said it?
(Aug:Sat) 20:09:44 <huba> new style
(Aug:Sat) 20:09:52 <huba> i saw it yesterday

So far it's only half sec better, maybe he has the other half on store?
--------
Well, that's it for table #140. Nice last two tables. Zweq has again 16 WRs and I believe he will make history at table #141 by having most WRs ever on the same tabel.
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

Yey table #141 with four new WRs...

--------
05. Uphill Battle 20,67 by Zweq [WNO]

A neat improvement by Zweq with heah time. Exactly 1 second better than the "unbeatable" old wr by mengerle with old style. I wonder when it'll be under 20s..
--------
35. Labyrinth Pro 2:23,66 by TorInge [IC]

Not bad. But not that good actually :P Lapro will go under 2:20 anyways one day. :)
--------
39. HairCut 41,16 by Zweq [WNO]

Nice improvement again on this level by Zweq. I heard it's another new style. I also know this again wont last too long.
--------
49. What The Heck 38,97 by Zweq [WNO]

So the 1 sec improvement was true after all like I assumed on my above post. Some neat new style used there.
--------

So as you can see, only Zweq & TorInge wrs on this one, how boring would wr updates be without these freaks?
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

WR table #142.
--------
17. Labyrinth 55,28 by Zweq [WNO]

Zweq took back his labyrinth WR from TomCat by some hundreads, nothing special here. Notice, this was +1 WR compared to last table where Zweq had 16 WRs, so basically he could've gotten 17 with this one.
--------
39. Haircut 40,89 by Zweq [WNO]

A little improvement by Zweq with the new style. ;)
--------
42. Enduro 48,36 by Jokke [FM]

Ok so Jokke lost his streak on having WR in every table, it's past now, and Jokke is once again the king of Enduro with an amazing time.
--------
44. Freefall 11,87 by Karlis [FM]

Ok so this is where the fun starts. Zweq had a WR on this one earlier, and now when you get another very good chance to make history, you get beaten by 0,01 seconds; in other words, 1 hundread of a second.

As we can see, Zweq keeps playing hard to get 17 WRs and I'm sure he will get it one day, but wasn't that day supposed to be already three weeks ago?
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

World Records #143 - 7th september 2003

Code: Select all

08. Tag - 21,07 by Mick [EM]
I guess it's a basic drive with a nice bounce, or LastDay kind of swingback, maybe headfirst finish. Not bad 0.08s improvement. Who will get the honour to take off the 21s limit? GO KARLIS!!!!!!!! (you call me partial?)

16. New Wave - 1:28,13 by Zweq [WNO]
Well, sometimes you get lucky and take dzwrs ;S
Not that bad time, but nothing that sepecial, it'll be taken care of I assure you. :P

19. Turnaround - 37,46 by DarMoeD
The rumours say he played this track once and tried something new at the end and here we are. Oh belive that playah! Good 0.34s improvement.
Wuh wuh I know dmd hasn't done any wrs for ages but I kinda expected something like this coming, his been pretty active lately...

44. Freefall - 11,80 by Zweq [WNO]
Again an improvement on ff, this time pretty nice one. Seven hundreads meaning there has to be something nice new.. it'll be taken care of. :P

---

So now Zweq possesses (MWOSTATST) the most wrs on the same table at the same time -record. :S Gongrats.
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

World Records #145 - 21th september 2003

17. Labyrinth - 54,97 by TorInge [IC]
Pretty nice improvement (former 55,28), the bounce style must be done very fine with this kind of time.

18. Spiral - 44,64 by Cloud [IC]
Cloud taking back his record by ~0.1s, nothing special to mention about.

22. Slalom - 39,93 by Zweq [WNO]
0.04 improvement, nothing special. Slalom's been broken quitea number oft times lately just by hardcore hoyling I guess.

33. ZigZag - 1:02,62 by Zweq [WNO]
This one is quite a fine one, but if you've seen TorInge's ex-wr replay (from replay sharing topic), this one isn't with the very same style according to Zweq so I guess it'll be improved more sometime soon.
Zig WILL go quite well under 1 minute some day, the style is obvious and already known at least some guys but there's one problem which can be solved though, as usual. :P

39. Haircut - 40,65 by tORiNGE [IC]
Quite a nice improvement (former 40,89) on this one. I think it's some weird alternative for the mongo spike at the last area of the "start".
I would love to see that rec hihi

40. Double Trouble - 1:25,60 by Zweq [WNO]
As former record was 1:25,79 I don't think there's anything special in this one, as it's Zweq it would propably be improved more if there were. Of course these are just my speculations.

44. Freefall - 11,74 by Karlis [FM]
Nice one compared to the lenght of the level. Formerly 11,80.

48. Downhill - 48,82 by Luther [TNT]
Luther's first internal wr, gongraz. It'll be propably improved even more, at least I've heard so, veery nice.

---

8 new wrs in one table again... what would happen if Zweq & TorInge stopped playing? You think about that.
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

Internal WR table has gone totally insane. After Zweq, DarM, TorInge and Cloud joined in same team, there's been alot IC WRs in every table for quite a while now.

Think about the fact DMD had only one WR some time ago when he still wasn't playing, and now he has already thirteen. Yes, 13 WRs. That's as much as Zweq has at the moment, and I think DMD will have more WRs than Zweq on upcoming table. I can FEEL the hunger inside him to get 20+ WRs. :P

TorInge's not getting so much WRs at the moment which mainly is because of King Cup I think. EZ dominate there.

About latest records, there are couple of really sweet new ones.
To name a few, DMD's O&U 29,99 is very nice looking one. Finally under 30s. :) Circuitous 22,56 by DMD is also very good one. Downhill 46,35 by Luther is truely excellent one as well. Can't complain of Zweq's Expert System 54,58 either.

Next week's insane WRs? Can't wait.
Have you been thinking IC's current goals? How about this, IC member WR on every level. :D
At the moment, members of IC possesses 41 of 54 WRs.
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

Hello again from the outskirts of latest amazing elma world records.

It's been again busy month with the world records. Since last report, there has been four new offical tables with new best internal times there are.
#152, #153, #154, #155

World records are not what they was, let's say, a year ago. back in 2002 wrs were something extremely special and when one was braken, there was usually big fuzz about it. At the moment, it's not the same. Why am I saying such thing? In a negative way? Well, as everyone has noticed, the days we are living in at the moment, every sunday there is literally a huge bunch of new wrs. Come to think of it, during the last five tables for example there has been amazingly 28 new world records. It's just unbeliveably much and it feels like taking a new one is just.. easy.

The absolute truth though is the fact that of course they are now extremely more difficult to take than a year ago. The thing is, at the moment, there just are so many good players who has the passion to take out new ones every week, guys who believes in themselves and simply masters the game. This is just one of the fact which proves the game is more popular than ever right at the moment - today.

One week and not a single new world record - can't even imagine it happening. Take a moment and imagine yourself to one year backwards, could you believe to the amount and quality of the records which are being taken out every week at the moment?

Anyway, to the fine records braken during last four tables, almost each one of them are worth mentioning, but it would make this little review kinda useless, so I'll just mention some really really special ones.

On #152 DarM really amazed us with his 2:20,77 on lab pro as the past time was ~2:23. Amazing.
As for that wasn't enough, the insane record was taken out by Luther right on the next table by 2:20,42. Amazing. Karlis also drove very nice 0.39s improvement on gravity ride.
Table #154 out and what in the hell do we see? We see labyrinth pro improved once again, this time by over 3 seconds. Just the fact that lab pro has been improved over six seconds in just a few weeks, alone, is unbeliveable. Still wondering why I simply call all this "insane"? You got to be really out of you mind if you don't agree with me.
Well, we have one more table to go, the latest one and what do we see here? First of all, we see gravity ride taken out by over 0.2s again by Zweq. Absolutely insane. There is something really interesting in the ride since even pexi was looking really close to it. ;)
Enduro was taken out once again by TorInge with fantastic time, 48,16. Oh my god. Well if these weren't enough already, look right at the next level. DarM's 57,32 ride on hehe taking out previous one, 57,78 is just what would say truly amazing.

To put it short, once again there has been simply amazing new world records that we have been witnessing during past four weeks.
As said before, world records are not the same as they used to be, something special so to speak, but does it really matter? Watching more new wrs is better than watching less more don't you think?
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

Warm Up world record has unoffically been broken.

As you know, elma has only two decimals, but the interesting thing is that no matter what the imaginary third decimal is, elma is coded so that it always rounds them to lower decimal, meaning 10,067 will be rounded to 10,06 while it actually should be 10,07.

It has come to my knowledge that DarM's current warm up world record is 14,079 if we use a proper time calculation tools, so we can see it's actually quite an interesting situation. It is below 14,08 alright but only by 0,001 second, which is practically not even detectable with human eye, but since elma rounds it to lowest decimal, it IS a well-earned world record.

Some time ago though, Karlis managed to drive a 14,07 one too and later we checked what his time would be with three decimals and it turned out as 14,074, which is actually 0,005 seconds faster than DarM's drive.

Interesting maybe?
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

World record table has been settling down during a couple of last months compared to how it was a few months ago. Nothing unexpected there and frankly, I'm happy with that.

The latest table release #168 gives us two now solid improvements; Stini achieved his first internal wr as far as i know by taking Cloud's old time of 33,14 by two hundreads, congratulations.

Zweq also took a record from Cloud with a nice improvement of almost a second. Very nice. With these two losses Cloud has only one record left and I've heard his not so much into elma business at the moment - but who knows what he'll decide to do..

WR total time is now 37:05,21 which means it will soon reach another unbeliveable limit. It just cannot stay still.
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

So, a small review of the last 3 WR tables
>>

Stini [Arcao] finally broke 33 secs limit in Pipe, not a bad improvement after all in such short level - 0,14 secs. - 32,98
New Wave has also been improved, this time Luther takes Zweq's WR by 0,15 seconds. - 1:27,98

DarMoeD breaks Labyrinth's WR this time, beating Zweq's time by solid 0,38 seconds - 54,49

The lastest WR table gives us an improvement in Double Trouble, where oizo! takes back his former WR by beating Zweq's time by 0,10 secs and lowering WR TT down to 37:04,44 - 1:24,81

Resume:
As we all have seen it, the are less and less WR improvements every next table. I still remember 8 WRs in one table not that long ago but do that mean that the limit for improving the times is coming closer and closer? Next tables will show it. Some wise guy said that in elma everything is possible, let's prove it ;) Btw, 3 Zweq's WRs have been beaten in last 3 WR tables, he'll probably want to take a few back, we'll see... Stini does well on Pipe, but some say that the start bounce IS possible without bug-bounce but Stini believes, or want to believe, that it is not :) DarMoeD has 21 WRs at the last table, while Zweq has only 10. DarMoeD's Warm Up WR celebrates 76th 'still_damn_staying_on_teh_table' anniversary, while rumours tell that there are even 14,05 recs...

We'll see...
39:37,91
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

Another review of the last WR tables:
>>

Very mysterious WR by Djievis in this table and the level was Curvaceous with time of 30,79 - taking mr's WR by 0,13 seconds.

Zweq takes back his former WR in Double Trouble from oizo! with a time of 1:24,23 - beating oizo!'s time by 0,78 seconds - quite a solid improvement. It's been rumoured about ez 1:23, we'll see.

2 WRs there: First - TorInge gets an impressive WR in Framework, taking mr's WR down with 39,17 - improved previous record by 0,27 seconds (mr's time was unbeaten exactly 50 tables). Second - Enigma 19,61 by Zweq - beats Cloud's WR by 0,01 seconds.

Two great improvements on the last table. First : Freefall 11,53 by Bokhylle - he takes back his former record by 0,08 seconds from Karlis, maybe a new style, who knows. Second : Enigma 19,16 by Stini - most shocking WR in the last tables, probably - improves Zweq's WR by 0,45 seconds in that short level. Stini says that his second time is 19,6x and that bounce was probably on margin between normal bounce/bug bounce. But it was accepted, by the way. Congratulations, Stini, for your 2nd WR.

Resume:
Quite solid WRs in the last tables, mysterious kuski - Djievis gets a WR, Stini get's his second WR, Bokhylle gets his second WR. Darm's Warm Up is on the table for 80 tables now (omg).
WR TT down to 37:02,92

An Interview with the happy 2 WRs owner - Stini:

-= What do you think about your WR? =-
Well, I can't say anything else than it was a nice start with an awesome bounce.

-= How many hours did you play until you got that time? =-
Hard to estimate, I played until 5 AM on couple of days.

-= Do you think that it was a perfect run? =-
Of course everything could be done faster... I've done the start almost 0,1 seconds faster sometimes but the bouncing is hard when you have a lot of speed.

-= And... Why Enigma? =-
Well, one night I tried it and I finished it like 5 times in an hour (I had done the bounce only once before)... Then I wanted to make under 20... Well, I made 19.99, but I wanted a bit more under 20 and after some playing I got 19.68 :S Then I knew that I could beat the wr.

-= Any more WR plans? =-
Not really... yet.

C ya, folks!

8-ball.
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

Finally Abula has announced that the long-awaited Records update is coming soon!!! And new e-mail address for state's sending too - records@moposite.com

Read More - www.moposite.com
Luther
37mins club
Team: ICE

- Target List -

Post by Luther »

The new Target Time list is up.

Developed by Karlis, Cloud, Zweq, Ramone and me. After hours of discussion of how to make the times and sort them into different classes we came up with the list you're now free to watch on Moposite.

While we made this list people have screamed and whined that the list is "too hard", but for the record:

World Class time is a time not very easily achieved, and in order to get one you must have alot of skill plus you have to hoyl the lev for some time. And that might not even be enough, a professional player might be unable to get a world class time on a level, but that doesn't make the player bad. But it's perhaps not his kind of level? And remember, World Class isn't something a player just gets without efforts. A semi good player should never be able to drive a world class time.

Professional is the category in which most professional players has their times. A professional time indicated that the player has hoyled the level and that he has some skills with the level. An average player could also drive a professional time, but shouldn't be able to have very many, because after all a professional time is a professional time. That means it should be hard for any player, even a professional player, to achieve a professional time.

A Good time is just what it sounds like. It's a time a professional player could drive in some minutes or perhaps even hours. For a professional player a Good time shouldn't be considered very good, but more like a pretty unhoyled time. But for an average player however an OK time is actually very good, and indicates that they have put alot of efforts into driving it. Don't underestimate a Good time (I have some myself).

An OK time is a time a beginner should be very satisfied with, because the leap between an OK time and a beginner time is big. And often getting an OK time indicates you have managed a harder style on the lev, which is a great improvement. A professional player who achieves a good time however shoulnd't be entirely satisfied and should pretty easily be able to improve it.

A Beginner time represents a time a player would get after playing some Elastomania, but not yet accomplished anything special. This category applies to those who has learned how to handle the bike in different situations but who does not yet master the dynamics of the game. And also a Beginner time is often driven with easier styles, because a player that is relatively new to the scene might find the best styles a bit too hard. An average player to gets a beginner time should pretty easily improve, and a professional player getting a beginner time should be embarrased and ashamed and either quit playing internals entirely or spend thirty seconds and improve the fucking level.

Please enjoy the new list. We think it should pretty well determin where you are at, skill-wise. If you disagree, it's your own problem you're not aware of what a good time and a bad time is.

/Luther
Last edited by Luther on 12 Aug 2004, 15:19, edited 1 time in total.
Nekit for president
Luther
37mins club

Record

Post by Luther »

And now finally a new records update has been made. And very interesting changes has been made to the top100. Primary issue is we don't see Darmoed in the lead anymore (if he didn't get caught he'd have 37:2x). This means Zweq is currently World Number one with and astonishing 37:40, followed by t0r at 37.49. So it'll be very interesting to see if Zweq will keep up his leading or if t0r manages to pass.

As third we have John with a truly outstanding totaltime of 38.21 which is quite a leap from t0r's total but indeed an excellent totaltime.

When looking at the list now you can also see many players who are said to have great total times haven't yet sent in. So don't be surprised if some changes will be made in the top in the nearest future.

The only three going safe from not yet updated total times so far are Zweq, t0r and John. Even myself as 4th is not safe (with Daemon just behind me).

Really nice updates has began taking place again and I'm looking forward to see how the time development will turn out in the future.

All for now.

Luth
Nekit for president
Luther
37mins club

yesh

Post by Luther »

Another Records update took place the other day:

t0r and zweq are competing like madmen about the first position in the world, while john and Luther (ME!) are a bit behind. It seems like ICE and WNO are in the middle of a war.

It seems like people are hoyling mad: we have 30 kuskis under 40 minutes and 9 of them are even under 39, top 4 is under 38.

Keep up the hoyling - zweq is still world number one, but for how long?
Nekit for president
Luther
37mins club

Post by Luther »

So what is the current situation with Internal Times?

John has driven 6 WR:s so far during 2006:
#232 20,13 John [WNO], 21st improvement on Uphill Battle
#231 30,61 John [WNO], 19th improvement on Long Haul
#236 36,17 John [WNO], 23st improvement on Quick Round
#235 43,60 John [WNO], 18th improvement on Headbanger
#236 38,78 John [WNO], 19th improvement on Framework
#235 38,18 John [WNO], 24th improvement on What the Heck

TorInge has driven 13 WR:s so far during 2006
#232 33,07 TorInge [ICE], 12th improvement on Hi Flyer
#232 20,84 TorInge [ICE], 21st improvement on Tag
#232 23,11 TorInge [ICE], 25th improvement on Gravity Ride
#232 54,63 TorInge [ICE], 22nd improvement on Labyrinth
#232 59,57 TorInge [ICE], 17th improvement on Upside Down
#232 36,21 TorInge [ICE], 22nd improvement on Quick Round
#232 50,61 TorInge [ICE], 17th improvement on Bounce Back
#232 58,18 TorInge [ICE], 29th improvement on Zig Zag
#232 57,58 TorInge [ICE], 16th improvement on Fruit in the Den
#232 39,08 TorInge [ICE], 18th improvement on Framework
#232 38,35 TorInge [ICE], 23rd improvement on What the Heck
#232 53,39 TorInge [ICE], 21st improvement on Expert System
#232 43,16 TorInge [ICE], 27th improvement on Tricks Abound

Dariuz, Memphis and Raven have driven one WR each during 2006:
#231 11,51 Dariuz, 14th improvement on The Steppes
#233 24,41 Raven [TEM], 8th improvement on Precarious
#234 1:16,59 Memphis [HHIT], 15th improvement on Animal Farm

It's obviously been a battle between two giants: John and TorInge and a team rivalry battle between WNO and ICE. Impressively, a few standouts have made it into the table as well - and hopefully more will. Also note that the WR:s taken by Dariuz, Memphis and Raven (14th, 8th (!) and 15th time they were beaten) haven't been beaten very many times, compared to those of John and TorInge. It's interesting actually, but I have no explanation for it (an exception is TorInges Hi Flyer that only had been beaten 11 times before he took it).

The battles that yet have occured are those that follows:
#232 36,21 TorInge [ICE], 22nd improvement on Quick Round
#236 36,17 John [WNO], 23st improvement on Quick Round

#232 39,08 TorInge [ICE], 18th improvement on Framework
#236 38,78 John [WNO], 19th improvement on Framework

#232 38,35 TorInge [ICE], 23rd improvement on What the Heck
#235 38,18 John [WNO], 24th improvement on What the Heck

Where one can see John is working intensively to keep TorInge from dominating even more. Interesting though, is that it seems that when someone random or unexpected enter the table, their WR:s are more unlikely to be beaten than for instance if TorInge takes a WR and John drives it back in one table. Maybe it's because it feels better for them to take eachothers WR:s ;)

We're soon in April and there's exactly 9 months left of 2006. During 2005 71 WR:s was beaten and so far 19 WR:s have been beaten. If the WR:s get beaten with the current frequenzy, 2006 will provide approximately 75 beaten WR:s . So far no tendencies imply that WR:s have become too hard to beat, but maybe upcoming statistics will show that the WR:s have become significantly harder to beat?

Tomas Samuelsson, aka. Luther [ICE]
Nekit for president
Luther
37mins club

Post by Luther »

So what about the new WR table? Some mind blowing times there I must say:

Tunnel Terror
20. #202 57,46 TorInge [ICE]
21. #237 57,21 Zweq [WNO]
22. #238 56,93 Zweq [WNO]

Zweq pushing the limits for Tunnel Terror. But something tells me this was just "one of those Ez WR:s", because:

Jaws
16. #157 54,53 Zweq [DZ]
17. #227 54,02 Luther [ICE]
18. #238 53,88 Zweq [WNO]

Say hello, invent some new styles, make it a few times, improve the WR with 0,5s and be happy? No, Zweq totally crushes 54.02 and let's us all know that Jaws is far from "done". Insane, insane. The Replay must be...

What else is there besides Zweq ownage in #238? Well we see a first timer as well! Krus finally drove that Islands WR, and is left with nothing more to play. I tried to inspire him to move on to Spiral or whatever else, but he keeps on höyling Islands. Maybe we'll see more improvements from Krus on Islands - time will tell (or well, his time actually).

Islands
19. #194 20,92 MadMan [EM]
20. #197 20,88 Karlis [FM]
21. #238 20,81 Krus [y]

Then of course we have John keeping up his incredible playing with another Labyrinth improvement. Labyrinth WR is getting better and better, but I doubt it's still even close to perfected. More improvements will come on Labyrinth shortly, I reckon.

Labyrinth
20. #200 54,73 TorInge [ICE]
21. #207 54,67 John [WNO]
22. #232 54,63 TorInge [ICE]
23. #238 54,60 John [WNO]

It was long ago we saw a table update without John [WNO] on it. People seem to be more surprised with John absent from WR table updates than present. That's status.

Uphill Battle
21. #232 20,13 John [WNO]
22. #237 20,11 Jarkko
23. #238 20,10 Jarkko

Jarkko is pushing the limits. Will he improve a third time? I surely hope so! Good luck man, and keep höyling!

New Wave
16. #169 1:27,98 Luther [ICE]
17. #176 1:26,71 TorInge [ICE]
18. #179 1:26,54 TorInge [ICE]
19. #238 1:26,40 Luther [ICE]

And there it went back to me, finally =)

So long, and 'til #239 ;)
Nekit for president
Luther
37mins club

Post by Luther »

Elastomania times development: Records, Total Times and its effects on the scene in general.

In order to at least attain some form of structure I have chosen to divide people in Blocks in reference to what their Total Times are. I will only attend to World Total Times top 100 in this writing, and particularly the top 50.

Block Number One:

1. TorInge [ICE] 36:49,91 15 May 2006
2. Zweq [WNO] 36:59,78 15 May 2006
3. John [WNO] 37:08,08 15 May 2006

Well, we see that TorInge is still dominating, but Zweq is indeed showing his muscles, pushing himself under 37 minutes and leaving the notorious 37 Minutes Club for good. WNO is really fighting hard to hold ICE back from ascendancy and they do well (in
Block Number Three we will see more of WNO and how xp is struggling to enter another Block in order to threaten ICE).

John is playing with great determination and does succeed in doing so; if he manages to keep up with his current steadfastness, he will reach the 36 Minutes Club in no time at all.

Block Number One together keep 32 of the World Records. The Trio proves that Total Time indeed is an indication of something more than simply have decent times on all the internals!

It has also come to a point in Elastomania history where a Records update has become something where we can see most players in top 20 improving their times consistently. This is of course joyful for all of us that love the game, and for us who love the fact people are enjoying themselves competing and playing. I would gladly hope to think that the current situation with Records remains as it is now, forever. It would mean a lot to me, at least.

Not only does the extreme competition bring better Total Times and naturally better times in form of World Records, Team Records and Personal Records, but through it, new styles, new tricks and new ways of approaching the game evolves (I will present some of this later in this writing).

Speaking of consistency, regarding the World Records, it might be worthwhile for some to exemplify how stable the people in Block Number one is:

Tables with WRs (players)
4. TorInge WR(s) on 160 table(s) (#083-#242)
7. Zweq WR(s) on 134 table(s) (#109-#242)
34. John WR(s) on 57 table(s) (#139,#178,#188-#242)

Where one clearly notices that TorInge was the first one to ever achieve a World Record, followed by Zweq and John. Personally I find this interesting: did TorInge play Elma for a longer time than Zweq? If they would have achieved a World Record on the same table, would Zweq have had a lesser Total Time difference to TorInge? Most likely this fact is irrelevant, but what is not, is the fact John is a relatively new player - to me (and probably to many). He has improved rapidly ever since he joined the scene and quite frankly I never saw anyone drop in Total Time and achieve such Records within such a short period of time!

I remembered John entering the Total Times top 100 - already at first with an outstanding Total Time. From then he just climbed the list, as if he had a ladder whilst the rest of us still used rope. I do not like this idea in the sense, for instance, of me being more primitive and hence less skillful(even though it might be true). I confront these thoughts with greater rejection even though I know I am a bit envious of him. This is contradictory, because one should not begrudge him his success, because that would indeed be primitive, if not. Though as long as he stays in the deep forests of north Sweden, I will be calm.

WR owners total (players)
1. TorInge 1947 WR(s)
2. Zweq 1574 WR(s)
15. John 228 WR(s)

WR total time improvements (players)
1. TorInge 42,20
2. Zweq 37,74
31. John 3,79

This is where things are getting really interesting! At first one could think of John as a player who only played for Total Time and never tried to do that little extra required in order to drive a World Record. Though people present in the scene today might think otherwise - since it was just recently John started beating World Records regularly, with great confidence. The truth though, is that John for a very long time mostly played with the target of lowering his Total Time. This is worth pointing out to new people who just recently joined the scene or to people who have been present for a while, but forgot. Hence it would be easy to explain this extreme leap between the number of World Records held from TorInge and Zweq to John.

On the other hand, whilst John was lowering his Total Time, what was TorInge and Zweq doing? Indeed, since their Total Times are better than Johns, surely they must have done the same? There is an irregularity in the amount of World Records John have had in relation to his Total Time. But anomalies is all Elastomania will ever have. Enough about John.

For a while people thought Zweq had disappeared in order to never come back, but now he has proven otherwise. He has surprised me now after his come back more than he ever did. With ease he has invented new styles and broken World Records as stealing candy from children. Or at least that is clearly the impression you get from what he claims regarding his World Records and Personal Records.

And you might think I forgot to write something extra about TorInge, but I intended not to: TorInge is the best player in the world as of this moment. As long as he is the best, all he does is widely acknowledged and known to everyone regardless of skill, Total Time, activity on the scene and so forth.

Conclusively about Block Number One though: as the World Total Times top 100 indicate, reaching Block Number One will take anyone behind them (first out me) a while - a very long time, in fact. The only thing that will happen here, will be the internal fights between themselves. They are unthreatened and can continue their walk towards better times without any hassle.

Block Number Two unfortunately only consist of one player - me.

4. Luther [ICE] 37:27,97 15 May 2006

I am at this point unthreatened as well as unable to threaten. I will not sit here and write a lot about myself, but as a comparison to the World Records statistics presented above, here are mine of the same:

Tables with WRs (players)
12. Luther WR(s) on 98 table(s) (#145-#242)

World Records on 41 tables more than John and 36 tables fewer than Zweq. One could say when it comes to tables with World Records, I am just in the middle of John and Zweq. I have also never lost all World Records on a table since #145, which could be an indication of some form of consistency.

12. Luther 251 WR(s)

I have also had 23 more World Records in total than John and way too few to even willingly compare to Zweq.

WR total time improvements (players)
15. Luther 9,92

Last out, I have improved the World Record total time with 6,13 seconds more than John have.

This all seemed like one hell of a bragging when compared with John, but remember this: John joined the scene later than I did and as I said, John did play for Total Times very hard the first year (or two), disregarding the fact he was able to drive World Records. Though take notice, John drove his first World Record 6 tables before I drove mine.

Let us quickly proceed to the next block, which is way more interesting, because now we are getting closer to where the heart of the action is. Block Number Three.

Block Number Three is very temporary, since there are rather many people soon to be entering it and re-shape its structure.

5. xp [WNO] 38:05,90 15 May 2006
6. axxu [AC] 38:06,60 15 May 2006
7. Kuper [RET] 38:12,77 24 April 2006

These are presumably the hottest candidates for being the next guys who will join the, what used to be extremely prestigious, 37 Minutes Club. If I was to guess who it will be, my vote would go to axxu, but of course that is my own subjective opinion and should not be taken as a sign of some invisible alliance between me and axxu towards xp and Kuper.

108. xp 4 WR(s)
37. axxu 82 WR(s)
93. Kuper 12 WR(s)

Now things are getting really strange, WNO stationed xp has most likely taken over the role in WNO that John used to have. He obviously does not play essentially for World Records but instead focuses on getting a phenomenal Total Time, in which he has already succeeded. It is also very rare to see xp practice any battles or participate in any External Cup - which I totally respect him for, though I cannot lie and say it would be useless to see him participate in an External event of some kind. Maybe World Cup 6 (if it is arranged) would make this exception?

All the people getting closer to 37 minutes in Total Time seem to pass the last 10 seconds with haste, thus maybe it is about time someone else joined me and John (now that John soon leaves the Club) in the 37 Minutes Club.

axxu on the other hand is a spectacular player, an acclaimed Externalist as well as an Internalist: an overall player who just this year started to lower his Total Time determinedly, and what not? Yes, he rise from a rather mediocre Total Time to an incredible one in just months or perhaps even weeks. With 78 more World Records held in total than xp, axxu will be a tough competitor for Kuper and xp. AC is about to become a serious threat to WNO and ICE.

About Kuper; he comes and goes, but when he is here, he always does something special. I am convinced that if he played more than he does, he would challenge my Total Time within just a couple of weeks. He is, to me, relatively unknown and all I know about him are the questions I have been answered by ANpDaD.

Block Number Three is, as I earlier made clear, about to be merged with Block Number Four. The reason is simple, the people in Block Number Four are the essence of Total Times top 100 list. They are the professional players who keep on putting pressure on those above and stress those behind them. They are the players who have not yet reached their goals or targets or their potential maximum (even by far). Block Number Four consists of quite many people and they are all well known and most of them are my personal idols as well:

8. mr [FM] 38:33,62 15 May 2006
9. ANpDaD [GF] 38:44,26 27 November 2005
10. Ramzi [GF] 38:44,78 27 November 2005
11. Cloud [ICE] 38:46,75 10 August 2004
12. Quinn [GF] 38:49,23 26 December 2005
13. Markku 38:51,94 11 December 2005
14. ciph [EM] 38:51,97 30 January 2006
15. DaemoN [AC] 38:51,98 10 August 2004
16. proDigy [POL] 38:52,90 8 January 2006
17. dz [FM] 38:56,68 11 December 2005
18. Tm [TEM] 38:56,97 15 May 2006
19. Luke [KOGaFiM] 38:59,67 30 January 2006
20. Jalli [ICE] 38:59,72 27 November 2005

mr, representing FM has been busy as a bee, operating in the shadow of Block Number Three players. He currently leads Block Number Four and might be the one who will make Block Number Three and Four into one. Though I happen to know that another AC member have a Total Time better than mr's: DaemoN, who said the other day that he has some 38:26,xx. But do not let yourselves to be deceived; DaemoN already had his current Total Time that is presented on Moposite the 10th of August 2004. And with this speed he will probably reach 37 minutes in 2008 or 2009. Hence mr's is the one I would put my cards on. Notice dear mr, watch out for ANpDaD and Markku - follow what they play and how they play what!

8. mr 343 WR(s)
75. ANpDaD 24 WR(s)
6. Cloud 371 WR(s)
20. Markku 126 WR(s)
112. ciph 3 WR(s)
17. dz 208 WR(s)
112. Tm 3 WR(s)
26. Jalli 112 WR(s)

And those who have never had a World Record in Block Number Four are:

10. Ramzi
12. Quinn
15. DaemoN
16. proDigy
19. Luke

So, obviously here things start to vary a lot. My honest opinion is that most of these players, the legendary ones such as the FM represented dz and mr, or the ICE represented most old school member Cloud and also Jalli, or the newer players, have an extraordinary potential. And if you want to speculate on new World Records or even World Records by first-timers, it is Block Number Four you should watch over. They are hungry, tired of living in the shadow of the people in Block Number Three and they are tired of the huge Total Time gaps present in the top 20.

As things look now, the Total Times for top 20 are constantly being evened out and the important question that follows is: will the rest of top 100 follow? Do they (of course some do but do they all) possess skill or determination enough to prevent any further gaps in the Total Times further down in the top 100 list? I watch this development with great interest, and I recommend you to do the same.

In general, the gaps in top 100 are instead being placed further down than from where they have been presently: in the top 10. In the near future I anticipate the main and biggest Total Time gap to take place between 39:3x - 38:5x.

There is great interest in being in Block Number Four, so people already there better leave 38:5x quickly, unless they want to lose their positions. There is no longer time to relax just because you entered another minute club! And Elastomania is not about relaxing and there is nothing easy with competing about a top 100 position in the world.

I am glad this has been shown lately, considering to the extent people have sent their Records and their increased activity in general!

Be good, it is now weekend. Sincerely Luther, a.k.a. Tomas Samuelsson

edit 01: DN is not in AC anymore. And oizo! is a lazy bastard
Nekit for president
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

WR-table #288

Post by John »

The most recent WR-table is now one week old, let's sum it up with some statistics:

Number of WR's beaten: 2
Old WRtt: 35:51,64
New WRtt: 35:51,29
Total improvement: 0,35 seconds

And for the individual levels:

22. Slalom
Previous WR-holder: TorInge
Old time: 38,96
WR-age: 62 tables
New WR-holder: Raven
New time: 38,92
Improvement: 0,04 seconds

35. Labyrinth Pro
Previous WR-holder: John
Old time: 2:15,16
WR-age: 1 table
New WR-holder: John
New time: 2:14,85
Improvement: 0,31 seconds

There's not much to say about my own Labyrinth Pro. I had to find the right LP-feeling again and hoyled on and off for almost 3 weeks before I got 2.14 - which was my goal. However, merges show that it's still highly improvable.

Raven managed something a bit more remarkable, to remove TorInge's oldest WR from the table. As already told, on Slalom, a level where there's no room for error he improved the old WR by 4 hundredths of a second. To enlighten you with the info about this WR, from the player himself, I sent him a few questions to answer.

Interview with Raven

..: So, you just became the second guy below 39 and beat TorInge's oldest WR. How do you feel right now a week after the update? :..
I feel kinda good, but I'm hoyling for another WR now and I'm bored to the max. So don't expect any nice answers in this interview. And of course it was nice to be second guy under 39 seconds :)

..: Talk us through the run. Was there any part that had that little extra to help you get the WR? :..
It was just hoyl, hoyl and hoyl. I shadowed Tor's WR three times before getting 38.92.

..: Why Slalom? :..
Some year ago i was hoyling for Slalom WR but i got only 39.19 and couldn't get better. And few weeks ago i somehow got motivation to try Slalom, after one week of hoyling i finally got 38.92 and it felt max :)

..: Tell us about the hoylingprocess. For how long did you play? Any messed up WR-runs? etc :..
As i said, i hoyled for one week before i got the WR. I had many messed up WR-runs where i did some bögbounce ( few of those runs was ez .8x runs ;o ) :d

..: What would you say is your limit in Slalom? :..
I think i'll never ever play that level more, but i say it's 38.80 - 38.85.

..: Are you going to play more to reach that limit? :..
No, i don't think so :D

..: Can we have a peek at your top 10? :..
Level 22, Slalom:
00:38:92 xXx
00:38:96 xXx
00:38:96 xXx
00:38:97 xXx
00:38:99 xXx
00:39:00 xXx
00:39:02 xXx
00:39:02 xXx

There you go.

..: A tough one, rate your own WR on a scale 1 - 10 :..
Since i haven't got many WR's and i think this was better than Steep Corner or Preca WR, i would say 8.

..: Future plans WR-wise? :..
You'll see in few weeks ;)

..: Any last words? :..
TALLI DOES WRS MOAR!!1 ps. i luv you john<3

<3

That's all for now. See you after next table. :)

/John 2008-08-25
John
first 35tt

WR-table #289

Post by John »

Ok, so last night four new WRs were updated, quite many by todays standard. Some statistics and three interviews heading your way.

Number of WR's beaten: 4
Old WRtt: 35:51,29
New WRtt: 35:50,85
Total improvement: 0,44 seconds

04. Over and Under
Previous WR-holder: Zweq
Old time: 29,83
WR-age: 8 tables
New WR-holder: Zweq
New time: 29,78
Improvement: 0,05 seconds

28. Bounce Back
Previous WR-holder: talli
Old time: 50,45
WR-age: 4 tables
New time: 50,13
Improvement: 0,32 seconds

44. Freefall
Previous WR-holder: Bokhylle
Old time: 11,53
WR-age: 114 tables
New WR-holder: mr
New time: 11,50
Improvement: 0,03 seconds

54. Apple Harvest
Old time: 1:15,25
WR-age: 24 tables
New time: 1:15,21
Improvement: 0,04 seconds

Maybe the most sensational WR this update is mr's Freefall, beating Bokhylle's old WR by 0,03. It may not be much irl but in Freefall it's quite crazy. Stini is now the owner of the oldest Elma-WR ever.

The three remaining WRs of #289 isn't too bad either, but as you will see in the interviews the players who drove them are quite certain they can improve their times.

Interview with Zweq

..: It's been quite long since you had any updated WRs, where have you been? :..
I've been doing the same stuff as always before, just less elma and stylefinding hasn't been too succesful.

..: What's your limit on these two levels? :..
I'm fairly certain I'd be cabable of getting 29.6x on OaU. BB I'm totally unsure about.

..: I guess you will try to improve at least Bounce Back even more, am I right? :..
That is quite likely as 50 second break is very near and that's also the target in abula's 34wr tt times list.

..: Can we see your top 10s? :..
Level 4, Over and Under:
00:29:78 Zamppe
00:29:83 Zamppe
00:29:88 Zamppe
00:29:88 Zamppe
00:29:90 Zamppe
00:29:90 Zamppe
00:29:91 Zamppe
00:29:92 Zamppe
00:29:92 Zamppe
00:29:95 Zamppe

Level 28, Bounce Back:
00:50:13 Zamppe
00:50:32 Zamppe
00:50:38 Zamppe
00:50:42 Zamppe
00:50:47 Zamppe
00:50:63 Zamppe
00:50:74 Zamppe
00:50:75 Zamppe
00:50:96 Zamppe
00:51:29 Zamppe

..: Rate your Over and Under from 1 - 10 :..

..: Rate your Bounce Back from 1 - 10 :..

..: Do you have any future WR-plans? :..
I try to find styles and avoid hoyling whenever it's possible. A new style can motivate me to do quite sick hoyling sessions,
while hoyling some old style is more or less impossible for me nowadays.

I don't really plan to find style on level x, because if I do, it almost never gives desired results. Best styles were found
accidently or by cruising.

So, no I don't have any WR-plans(beside the possible BB improvement).

..: Anything else you would like to say? :..

dont fuck with mila, hes too pro to fuck with.

Interview with mr

..: You beat one of two oldest WRs in elma history and got yourself and your team back on the table, it must feel pretty good right now? :..
Yea, it feels good. But sad that it doesn't feel that good as in old good times(tm).

..: We've seen before that you have an incredible determination when hoyling, how long have you been playing for this one? :..
I think it was a bit over a year ago when I höyled for Freefall WR for some weeks (read months:)). Those days I got only 11,53. After that I've played (cannot even say höyled) that now and then. The WR time was real surprise. Not the WR because I though realized (tajusin (Karlis tm) something and I got my third 11,53 and third 11,54 before 11,50.

..: Do you have any future WR-plans? :..
Pipe bounce WR ;)

..: Can we see your top10? :..
Yes,
00:11:50 Mikko
00:11:53 Mikko
00:11:54 Mikko
00:11:55 Mikko

..: Bokhylle had 11,53 for 114 tables and you beat his time by 0,03 seconds, is it even possible to improve anymore? What would you say is your limit? :..
As I said at team irc channel I'm not improving this WR. But I don't say it's unbeatable. Even by me if I change my mind. My limit is 11,50 at this time :)

..: Rate your own WR from 1 - 10 :..
Hard to rate own WR. But if I consider that Freefall is one of my favourite tracks and how long I've played it since elma released so maybe 9 is my grade.

baj

Interview with Raven

..: That was quick, you said a week ago that we had to wait a few more weeks to see what you were up to WR-wise. Have you hoyled much the past week? :..
Yes, it was quite quick. I really didn't hoyl very much past week. When i started to play apple harvest, it took only one day (2-3hours) to get 1.16.91 time.
After that i realized the WR could be ez to beat. When i really started to hoyl it and spent many hours without getting any finishes
i almost went completely mad and started to hit my head to the wall (nat reallyz ;)).

..: I know from talking to you few days ago that your average is above average (hoho), do you mind showing your top10? :..
Level 54, Apple Harvest:
01:15:21 xXx <- This is not lucky run, just decent finish which i got, not very good though :)
01:15:63 xXx
01:15:73 xXx
01:15:73 xXx
01:15:75 xXx
01:15:85 xXx
01:15:93 xXx
01:15:94 xXx
01:15:94 xXx
01:15:96 xXx

..: Like last week, what would you say your limit is and are you going to hoyl more to reach that limit? :..
My limit with current style is something like 1.13 with decent run. 1.12 could be done with clean/perfect run. But those runs i got only like 1/1000, and then
i fucked up the triangle place somewhere around 55secs, you know? :D

..: It's your second 0.04 improve in two weeks, are you going for hat-trick? I mean, do you have even more WRs planned? :..
I think I'm not going for a hat-trick, I'm currently hoyling Ramp Frenzy under 45.00 so that takes my internal playingtime i guess.

..: Rate your Apple Harvest from 1 - 10 :..
Hmmm, 9. Not satisfied with the run, but Apple Harvest WR is Apple Harvest WR =)

If someone beats this time, i will get it back, I'll promise ;) I have still power and touch.. :DD

... Let's wait til power and touch are gone then ;)

/John 2008-09-01
John
first 35tt

WR-table #290

Post by John »

Sorry about the delay but here is the most recent WR-stats and interviews. Let's start off with the stats as always.

Number of WR's beaten: 7
Old WRtt: 35:50,85
New WRtt: 35:49,75
Total improvement: 1,10 seconds

07. Hi Flyer
Old time: 30,66
WR-age: 25 tables
New WR-holder: talli
New time: 30,38
Improvement: 0,28 seconds

15. Serpents Tale
Old time: 52,03
WR-age: 37 tables
New WR-holder: Bjorn
New time: 51,80
Improvement: 0,23 seconds

21. Hangman
Previous WR-holder: zyntifox
Old time: 14,46
WR-age: 35 tables
New time: 14,41
Improvement: 0,05 seconds

25. Precarious
Previous WR-holder: Raven
Old time: 24,41
WR-age: 57 tables
New time: 24,26
Improvement: 0,15 seconds

28. Bounce Back
Old time: 50,13
New time: 49,78
Improvement: 0,35 seconds

44. Freefall
Previous WR-holder: mr
Old time: 11,50
New time: 11,48
Improvement: 0,02 seconds

52. Hang Tight
Previous WR-holder: Kazan
Old time: 24,72
WR-age: 9 tables
New time: 24,70

Interviews

Interview with talli

..: You've just recently started to get your first WRs, though quite impressive ones, how come you make all these WRs now all of a sudden? You have after all been in the scene and achieved respectable externalresults for quite a few years now :..
I had always seen internals full of cool and difficult tricks which I thought were impossible for me to succeed.
But after growing my skills past years by playing externals (mostly battles), I began to think that maybe it's possible and started hoyling the most interesting styles to me.
After finishing few hard styles I realized how 'easy' some wrs might be, mostly the new styles which weren't perfected yet. So that's the reason I wanted to try brutals.

..: Hiflyer, not the easiest of levels... How long have did you have to play before getting the WR? :..
Practiced the brutal 2-3 hours in training lev to have a consistent feeling about it. After that it took me about 5 hours (really hard to say since played it 5-30 minutes every now and then) in real lev to make it.
Luckily the first successful brutal was the wr. Wasn't actually trying to get the wr, just to make the style.

..: Can we see your Top10? :..
Level 7, Hi Flyer:
00:30:38 Talli
00:34:82 Talli
00:34:93 Talli
00:35:45 Talli
00:35:52 Talli
00:35:57 Talli
00:35:63 Talli
00:35:63 Talli
00:35:75 Talli
00:35:77 Talli

..: What is your limit and will you try more to reach that limit? :..
Haven't planned playing the lev more. Most likely that will be my best time forever, unless even faster style comes out.

2: no new styles and couldn't think of any other wr as easy for me at that time. Extra point for the rarity of the players making the style.

..: Anything else you would like to say? Write it here :..

Interview with Bjorn

..: Congratulations to your first WR. Was the feeling of getting a WR as you thought it would be? No running around campus or such? :..
Thanks! Yes it was as I thought, nothing special but of course it made me max glad and stuff. No running around campus or such.

..: What made you start playing Serpents Tale and for how long did you play it before you made this WR? :..
I started playing serp because i think the lev is fun and i knew i could do better than my crap 56, my goal was some 54 at least I guess.
When i found this for me "new" style I quickly realized it was very possible to make 52 after enough hoyl. I played all together maybe 7 days.

..: I've heard you're not satisfed with your ending so can we expect an improvement anytime soon? What do you think you could get? :..
No i'm not satisfied with my end but i have a lot of school work shiat to do, so that better time will come some other time in future.
I think i could do some 50 with perfect run. Though very hard to make perfect, as always =)

..: Could you share your Top10? :..
Yes but i won't.

8, my very first WR! Not the greatest time but still it's a 51! =D

I made 37TT today =D

Interview with Raven

..: You are the most frequent target of my interviews, and now you drive two new WRs to one table, does these interviews trigger your hoyling in any way? ;) Actually, my real first question is about your strong "WR-update-presence" the last few weeks. Have you overcome some mental block, gained more skill or just sat down for real WR-hoyling? How come so many WRs lately? :..
Hehe, frequent target i amz :P And nah, your wr interviews didn't trigger teh, you just came in right time with this idea :)
Answer for the 'real' question is: I don't really know. Wr's coming so much easily than before :D

..: You told on lauta that you drove Hangman WR in no time at all, tell us more about that. Did you do Hang Tight WR just as quickly? :..
That hangman WR was really quite a WTF-feeling. I just sat down to my comp and started belma.. There weren't quite many people, just some st6 etc..
Then i tried to make some finish to hangman and first finish came up after ten minutes and the time was 14.50 which was 0.10 better than my
last record. I wrote to belma chat, "i got 14.50 on Hangman, ez wr" or something like that. Someone, might be orcc, said, "still long way to go".
I hoyled for 20 minutes more and then 14.41. Was kinda surprised ;p

Hang tight was lots of hoyling. Really i need to thank \DC for this wr. \DC was hoyling for better time on Hang Tight and he asked me to show
few runs there. It took only some ten minutes (again:D) to get some 25.1x run, then real hoyling started. Played for one weekend and luckily
i got the WR on Sunday :)

ps. Got new style which inspired me to play for WR:)

..: Do you mind showing us your Top10s? :..
Yes, as always :D

Level 21, Hangman:
00:14:41 xXx
00:14:48 xXx
00:14:50 xXx
00:14:55 xXx
00:14:60 xXx
00:14:60 xXx
00:14:63 xXx

Level 52, Hang Tight:
00:24:70 xXx
00:24:78 xXx
00:24:82 xXx
00:24:82 xXx
00:24:85 xXx
00:24:85 xXx
00:24:86 xXx
00:24:88 xXx
00:24:88 xXx
00:24:90 xXx

..: Rate your new WRs from 1 - 10 :..
Hangman: 2, cool time but kinda not deserved WR here ;X sry gimp :F
Hang Tight: 8, actually it was funny hoyling process :)

..: Do I have to interview you after the next update too? :) :..
Let's see what i can do today ;)

I realized, the levels are named Hang.... :Dd
+ I got these WRs within one week, what is kinda good achievement for me :)

Interview with Zweq

..: First guy under 50 seconds in Bounce Back and a minor decapitation of the previous Precarious WR along with climbing up to first place in "Number of Improvements"-statistics. Do you care about statistics like this or do you see it as just two more rows saying your nickname on the WR-table? :..
Only reason I play internals is the statistics, but I don't care too much about the number of improvements. I'm more into the number of wrs in a table, absolute wr improvements, different wrs and so on.

..: Any chance you will improve these levels even more in the nearby future? :..
No. Unless I lose Bounce Back, which won't happen.

..: Why Bounce Back and Precarious? :..
Back to the statistics, I needed them for different WR's list.

..: Do you mind showing your Top10s? :..
Level 25, Precarious:
00:24:26 Zamppe
00:24:41 Zamppe
00:24:45 Zamppe
00:24:62 Zamppe
00:24:63 Zamppe
00:24:63 Zamppe
00:24:66 Zamppe
00:24:68 Zamppe
00:24:70 Zamppe
00:24:72 Zamppe

Level 28, Bounce Back:
00:49:78 Zamppe
00:50:02 Zamppe
00:50:13 Zamppe
00:50:32 Zamppe
00:50:38 Zamppe
00:50:42 Zamppe
00:50:47 Zamppe
00:50:63 Zamppe
00:50:74 Zamppe
00:50:75 Zamppe

..: Rate your new WRs from 1 - 10 :..
Preca is 9, it's really good, I like it very much, but I guess 24.1x is ez anyway so...
Bounce back is 2.

..: Rising stars and new players on the recent WR-tables, do you think it's good for the scene or do you hate having to defend your WRs? :..
It is a mix of feelings, I love and hate it. I'd rather lose all WR's than not see any WR's for months, the whole point is competition.

Interview with mr

..: Was this improvement planned? I mean, last week you said you were happy with 11.50, was that a white lie or did this time surprise you after some cruising? :..
Yes or no. I don't stop playing even I've got the WR if I like the level. Because I care much of top tens/average also.

..: Yet again, are you going to improve any further or are you happy now? :..
I'm happy of course :) But as I said I'll drive top ten as tight I can. So there could be some more mistakes (read WRs) ;)

..: It seems awfully far away but is Abula's forecast of 10.13 realistic? Have you been trying any different styles like bounces and such? :..
I'll skip this question ;)

..: Could you share your Top10? :..
Level 44, Freefall:
00:11:48 Mikko

I leave rating to audience.

Please don't play freefall..

/John 2008-09-28
John
first 35tt

WR-table #291

Post by John »

Sorry once again for the delay, it was harder to get a hold of all the interviews this time + I'm in the middle of exams. Oh well, excuses excuses, let's get down to business.

Old WRtt: 35:49,75
New WRtt: 35:49,30
Total improvement: 0,45 seconds

26. Circuitous
Old time: 21,99
WR-age: 5 tables
New time: 21,89
Improvement: 0,10 seconds

40. Double Trouble
Old time: 1:23,04
WR-age: 17 tables
New WR-holder: Kazan
New time: 1:22,72
Improvement: 0,32 seconds

44. Freefall
Previous WR-holder: mr
Old time: 11,48
New time: 11,46

52. Hang Tight
Previous WR-holder: Raven
Old time: 24,70
New time: 24,69
Improvement: 0,01 seconds

You can see Raven is still going strong on internals, trying some new styles and making WRs. Besides taking my WRs he also just few days ago became the first one to reach 54 World Class-times in Targets 1.3 Final. Clearly, he has more to give than what we've already seen so far.

Kazan is another player I strongly believe will reach 36 mins club in the not so distant future. Raven and Kazan are just seperated by a few seconds in TT (thread) so maybe we can expect a bit of good old TT-competition to the limit. Raven has been improving very rapidly lately, we'll see if Kazan manages to hang on in this rate of improvement. Anyway, while Raven is leading in TT, Kazan kind of "won" WR-table #291, bringing 2 new WRs to it. Among them a very quick recover on Hang Tight on which Raven beat Kazan on the previous table #290.

Last but not least we have mr still steadily improving Freefall. Bokhylle's 11,53 lasted 114 tables and it seemed almost unbeatable (of course this is Elma - no times are impossible to beat though), but little did we know. Table #291 is mr's third consequitive Freefall-improvement. Will we see another improvement on #292 or will he move on to Pipe? mr told us few weeks ago about his future plan of making a wr on Pipe using the notorious Pipe-bounce. So far all Pipe-bounces has been too buggy to be accepted as official WRs, will mr manage to pull a valid one? Future will tell.

Interviews

Interview with Raven

..: Tell us about the hoylingprocess. For how long did you play? Any major f*ckups that would have been faster than 21.89? etc :..
Played for one week. My time before hoyling process was 23.97, so i wanted just under 23. But when i got under 23, i thought
WR would be maybe possible to beat. I missed like 10 WR runs before i got WR, but with those runs i would have got some 21.9x so
i'm quite happy with .89 :)

..: Why Circuitous? :..
Was nice lev, had to improve my time on it :)

..: I know you have a goal in TT, to reach a certain limit before a certain time. Could you tell us more about that? How is it progressing? Do you have any sort of plan on what levels to play and so on? :..
My goal is 36 TT club before the end of the year. I'll try to get 54 WC times this year too. At the moment my TT is 37:21,84 and i have some very easy times to beat, so i stick to them and get my TT under 37 ;)

..: Speaking of TT and times, do you mind showing us the top10? :..
Level 26, Circuitous:
00:21:89 xXx
00:21:99 xXx
00:22:02 xXx
00:22:02 xXx
00:22:04 xXx
00:22:05 xXx
00:22:09 xXx
00:22:10 xXx

..: What do you think about the WRs you shared the #291 -update with? :..
mr's freefall is sick, i thought bokhylle's time is unbeatable
Kazan's hang tight, not very sick, ez to beat.
Kazan's Double Trouble is nice, but still i think Kazan could make it under 1.22.5x.

..: Rate your Circuitous from 1 - 10 :..

Girlfriend back on tuesday :'(

Interview with Kazan

..: You are the one behind all of Russia's most recent WRs despite Russia having a large Elma-scene of it's own, how do you feel about being the only russian WR-player these days? Do you see any upcoming WR-players in russian scene? What happened to proDigy? :..
In Russia there are many players who could make WRs.
Prodigy could have had many WRs, if he didn`t quit elma. Cap will show himself when his skill grows enough. Many other good players just dont want to play internals and to hoyl one lev to the max :)

..: For how long did you play Double Trouble and Hang Tight before you got these times? :..
Hang Tight - it took me few hours to make 24:72, and to get 24:69 i took me few days.
Double Trouble - with new style i did 1:22:72 for several hours.

..: Did you have any plans on improving Hang Tight or was your improvement a direct response to Raven beating your time? :..
Of course it was the answer to Raven :)

..: What times are possible for you to get at these two levels? :..
Hang - 24:5x
DT - 1:22:4x

..: Do you mind showing us your top10s? :..
Level 40, Double Trouble:
01:22:72 Kazan
01:22:80 Kazan
01:22:96 Kazan
01:23:00 Kazan
01:23:04 Kazan
01:23:04 Kazan
01:23:07 Kazan
01:23:11 Kazan
01:23:11 Kazan
01:23:16 Kazan

Level 52, Hang Tight:
00:24:69 Kazan
00:24:71 Kazan
00:24:72 Kazan
00:24:73 Kazan
00:24:74 Kazan
00:24:75 Kazan
00:24:76 Kazan
00:24:76 Kazan

-

..: Rate your WRs from 1 - 10 :..
Hang - 8
DT - 6

-

Interview with mr

..: Third update in a row where you improve your Freefall. Tell us about your Freefall-hoyling. How much do you play each week? Any major f*ckups where you would have gotten a better time than 11.46? etc :..
Not so much. About a hour a day or something. It's so short and strange level that it's hard to say even when it's good ride :) So I haven't got any "would have been ez 11.3x" rides in my mind. Or I've have one it's not that after watching replay :)

..: Do you mind showing us your top10? :..
00:11:46 Mikko
00:11:47 Mikko
00:11:47 Mikko
00:11:49 Mikko

All WR's have been impossible for me for long time so I'm not ready to rate them. I don't know exact WR styles hardly routes of them.

..: How is Pipe-bounce progressing? :) :..
I haven't got time to even think about it. But it's possible! ;)

..: Rate your Freefall from 1 - 10 :..
9 untill someone beats that..

..: Do you know where Karlis is? Any chance he will get back to WR-table again? :..
Karlis is in crowd nowadays. I'm glad if he even notices team WR :) In truth he supports me when höyling with his comments. Of course there's chance to get him back in business but it's quite low chance. Once Elma player always Elma player.. At first we need to get him install Elma back to his computer..

You didn't ask me anything about improving Freefall again or is it matter of course that Freefall is 11.44 next table ;) I can say 99.9% sure it's not gonna happen by me..

Thanks to dorTrus for helping me out.

/John 2008-10-21
John
first 35tt

WR-table #292

Post by John »

Hey, it's time for another update in this thread.

Number of WR's beaten: 2
Old WRtt: 35:49,30
New WRtt: 35:49,19
Total improvement: 0,11 seconds

14. Loop-de-Loop
Old time: 17,63
WR-age: 45 tables
New time: 17,61

18. Spiral
Previous WR-holder: Phillip
Old time: 44,51
WR-age: 108 tables
New time: 44,42
Improvement: 0,09 seconds

Interviews

Interview with Zweq

..: Tell us about the hoylingprocess. For how long did you hoyl? Did you have any possible WR-runs before 17.61? etc :..
I can tell much about it. In fact I'm gonna check .rec dates for more accurate time period.

Isn't it true that when talking about hoylingprocess, you kind of have to take much longer timescale than a "ez made WR in 5 mins", a week or even a month. In my opinion all the old information counts. I'm gonna go as far back in time as possible.

The truth is that I was a complete n00b in loop-de-loop for 10 years, seriously always hated that lev. One could even call it a CUNTLEV. It has no cool styles, it takes a great deal of hoyling to understand what's the secret for ez under 18 times. Pretty much the only good thing about the lev is that it's really easy to finish, dying is a really rare case in loop-de-loop.

I can remember I had a time of about 18.5x around 2002-2003. I can honestly say I sucked at the lev, definitely far from my favourite list of levels. I remember my first more serious hoyling session in loop. I think it was the spring in 2003 and I hoyled the current midstyle, which was new to me. I believe I had a solid few hours on it and managed a 18.1x time. After that I didn't have any nice hoylingsessions on the lev for years, just random 15min-1h sessions maybe twice a year, sometimes improving, sometimes not. Can remember getting a 18.0x time around 2004-2005, then probably a 17.9x. The first seriously good results on the lev I got during the last year.

This is the oldest loop rec I've got:
14z1779.rec, modified 18. May 2007, 18:09:07.
I remember this ride, it was lucky as hell, my 2nd time was a 17.9x. An avg run of mine would still have finished for about 18.1x, in other words, I was a complete n00b on the lev. Still, getting a good time made me more interested about the lev. Because, you know, confidence is a strange little thing. Even if you were lucky to do something in the past, you think - hey, I've done it once, I can do it again.

Level 14, Loop-de-Loop:
00:17:79 Zamppe
00:17:94 Zamppe
00:18:03 Zamppe
00:18:03 Zamppe
00:18:06 Zamppe
00:18:08 Zamppe
00:18:08 Zamppe
00:18:14 Zamppe
00:18:14 Zamppe
00:18:17 Zamppe

I could say the "real" hoylingprocess leading to the 17.61 started when I decided to try the lev a bit in last spring.

14z1778.rec, modified 24. March 2008, 20:14:46
14z1770.rec, modified 24. March 2008, 20:32:59
14z1769.rec, modified 24. March 2008, 21:37:57
14z1769b.rec, modified 17. April 2008, 15:59:24 -looks like some random riding after almost a month break

Rec dates dont tell the whole truth though, an old stats.txt:

Level 14, Loop-de-Loop:
00:17:69 Zamppe
00:17:69 Zamppe
00:17:70 Zamppe
00:17:71 Zamppe
00:17:71 Zamppe
00:17:72 Zamppe
00:17:73 Zamppe
00:17:74 Zamppe
00:17:74 Zamppe
00:17:75 Zamppe

When merging these rides with eachother and with john rec, I was sure the WR is possible. I wasn't really interested in hoyling back then though, but stuff changed after getting WR on the few hard hoyl levs such as steep and preca.

14z1768.rec, modified 2. September 2008, 21:36:46.
This is when, I suppose the "official" hoyling started. It was just cruising around at this point, the more serious hoyling to be followed.

14z1767.rec, modified 13. September 2008, 21:02:05.
14z1771.rec, modified 15. September 2008, 21:43:07
14z1769c.rec, modified 15. September 2008, 22:00:03
14z1772.rec, modified 16. September 2008, 15:26:36
Ok guys, we've got a clear, obvious sign of hoyling here. Trying to improve time one day, then continuing in the next day? Now that's nerd.

14z1771b.rec, modified 18. September 2008, 22:34:32
14z1770b.rec, modified 18. September 2008, 22:50:39
14z1767b.rec, modified 18. September 2008, 22:52:23

14z1765.rec, modified 22. September 2008, 17:15:00
wow! hard work finally pays off, a huge 0,02 improvement. A kind of funny how improving always feels easier after having a longer break. But damn, still not even close to the WR.

14z1766.rec, modified 24. September 2008, 18:15:52
14z1765b.rec, modified 24. September 2008, 18:39:33
Another day, another attempt to steal the WR, that started to look incredibly hard at this point. No luck.

Please bare the boring stats, we're getting to the point now!

I gave up the more serious hoyling, I lost my confidence and motivation. I only had some random tries between battles, 5 mins in sunday mornings and stuff like that. The only good time worth mentioning is one lucky 17.65 ride on multi which shadowed my PR. Luckily I didn't make the WR on that ride. Then again 0,03 felt much on loop at this point. Things were about to change in 15th of October.

So, after a dozens of hours I decided to try the last resort, tuning. John had told me that the middle front flip is really nice to do on 60 FPS, I decided to have a try on that then instead of maximum FPS.
14z1773.rec modified, 15. October 2008, 21:08:54
14z1765c.rec modified, 15. October 2008, 21:20:23
14z1761.rec modified, 15. October 2008, 21:22:33
I think it's ridiculous.

The truth is that the 17.61 felt crap compared to some of my 17.65 runs on max FPS. Awesome game. I really tried maybe 20 mins on 60 FPS :(, damn, all the time wasted.

..: When did you realise that the run you had was a WR-run? Was it during the run or at first when the run was over? :..
It was a surprise, I can tell you that much. I was only having an "ok" start, but felt like a good middle. Then I saw the timer stopping at 17.61.

..: We know you like statistics and people have been speculating and asking if Hangman is next so - is Hangman next? (for those who doesn't know Hangman is the missing link for Zweq having all WRs between 01 and 28 at some point in his Elma-career) :..
Hangman isn't the next nor in the next 10 wrs I will make. In fact I'm planning hooked or hangman to be done last if I'll ever get that far. Maybe year 2009, Maybe 2011, who knows? I also lack headbanger from the list and I've got absolutely no idea how to motivate myself to hoyl it. The rest of the levs seem possible, if not "easy", hehe, enduro, pipe, fruit and so on

..: Can you show us your top10? :..
Level 14, Loop-de-Loop:
00:17:61 Zamppe
00:17:65 Zamppe
00:17:66 Zamppe
00:17:67 Zamppe
00:17:68 Zamppe
00:17:68 Zamppe

..: Rate your Loop from 1 - 10 :..
I feel I could improve it, feels "easier" to improve than flat track or something. Maybe 8, maybe 7

..: TorInge is now down to only 4 WRs. What are your feelings about this fact? Do you miss the competition he offered? :..
That is a hard question. After all the whole point of doing WR's is the fact that other people do them as well. It is hard to be motivated yourself when you see something like 3 WR's done over 2 months. It would be rather interesting if TorInge made a comeback just to make sure he doesn't run out of WR's. I seriously doubt he'd care enough, he hasn't even been to #across for over a year.

I liked the TorInge who I was beating in 2003, but I didn't like the TorInge who made 14 WR's in 2 weeks period. The truth is, we never were 100% motivated at the same time. We were never hoyling WR's all free time at the same time. When I appeared to the scene, TorInge was rather inactive, doing only few random WR's. I was playing all the way from 2003 spring to 2004 autumn quite actively, but never saw this 14WR's/2w TorInge. I lost motivation when I had a 37.16 TT and TorInge 37.5x. Toringe started improving his TT incredibly rapidly, about a second / day pace. Abula was spamming about amazing TT battle to come while I was thinking -wonder what that guy is on about. I wasn't even playing elma, so once again we weren't active with TorInge at the exact same time.

Is it because we demotivated eachother? I don't know.

I came back in 2006 and fixed myself into 36 mins club, being hypermotivated and all, doing pure hoyling WR's like Jaws, New wave and downhill. Guess what, at this point TorInge quits. Yet again we aren't motivated at the same time. People, it is not possible for me and TorInge to have a decent battle, either it is a coincidence or we de-motivated each other. I did enjoy watching the john-tor battle in 2005-2006 though :)

Currently I am not very motivated to play elma, wouldn't that mean TorInge is making a comeback any time soon? We will see!

In case you read it, I hope it wasn't too boring =-D. But I just decided to write a bit longer, after all I had plenty of time while kazan was struggling with a dictionary :-D

Interview with Kazan

..: You just beat one of the oldest WRs in Elma with almost 0.1 seconds. Does beating such an old WR give any greater feeling of satisfaction than the other WRs you have beaten so far? :..
I don`t see a big difference among my WRs and i think many players can do this WR.

..: Why Spiral? :..
About a year ago i did good time on that lev - 44:57, but i didn't have enough skill to cut it further. So recently somebody has started battle on spiral and after that i thought i can try to get better time.

..: Tell us about the hoyling process. For how long did you play? Did you have any WR-runs that you messed up badly the last few seconds? etc :..
That wasn`t my hardest WR. I couldn`t get this time earlier, but now i have done it after few days. I think that it was only once when i fucked up the ending: in 44:51`run i got apple at 20:11, but in 44:42`run i did it at 20:24.

Level 18, Spiral:
00:44:42 Kazan
00:44:51 Kazan
00:44:54 Kazan
00:44:56 Kazan
00:44:57 Kazan
00:44:59 Kazan
00:44:62 Kazan
00:44:66 Kazan
00:44:66 Kazan
00:44:67 Kazan

..: Rate your Spiral from 1 - 10 :..

..: You are doing really well in battles, does your WR-hoyling benefit from all the battling? :..
It`s for sure my skill significantly grew since last year due to battles. So, now i feel better not only in internals but in champs too.

-

Thanks again dorTrus.

/John 2008-11-09
John
first 35tt

WR-table #293

Post by John »

Hehe, I always start these News-posts the same way, apologizing for the delay. Guess what... I'll do it again.. Sorry...
This News-post is pretty cool, it will give you the actual rec of one of the #293-WRs and it announces an upcoming WR on table #294. If you are impatient skip to the interviews, otherwise here's some quick statistics as usual:

Number of WR's beaten: 3
Old WRtt: 35:49,19
New WRtt: 35:48,82
Total improvement: 0,37 seconds

17. Labyrinth
Previous WR-holder: Cap
Old time: 54,32
WR-age: 6 tables
New WR-holder: OtorK
New time: 54,26
Improvement: 0,06 seconds

40. Double Trouble
Old time: 1.22,72
WR-age: 2 tables
New WR-holder: Quinn
New time: 1:22,42
Improvement: 0,30 seconds

53. Hooked
Old time: 17,14
WR-age: 50 tables
New WR-holder: Jarkko
New time: 17,13

Interviews

Interview with OtorK

..: You're not new to the WR-table (since you beat my Tricks argh) but you haven't had more than one WR before, is this WR on Labyrinth the beginning of some serious WR-hoyling? :..
I don't think so. I considered lab WR as easiest one in the table and I had already decent time there (54,8x from 2007) so I decided to try that WR after getting 37 TT. I think lab is still easiest WR in the table, others seems much harder (at least for me). I dont't even play elma now (especially because of my little daughter, also because of guitar and fallout). Nevertheless I enjoy playing elma much so I think I will play more again someday, but I am not sure about another WR hoyling (also I will need help with proper level choice in that case).

..: I've heard from qualified sources on mopolauta that 53.mid would be "ez", do you approve? If such a time is possible are you going to improve your time further? :..
My 54,26 rec is really bad, I think I drove all basic parts at least 0,1 faster each and ending even more better in other rides, so 53,low is definitely possible with current styles after some hoyling. When hoyled for lab WR, I thought I will continue after getting WR at least until getting under 54, but I finished few days later because of low motivation. Probably I will try to get better time after loosing of that WR (like I resumed Tricks hoyling).

..: Will we see another WR from you anytime soon? :..
I hope so but I don't try for any now.

Level 17, Labyrinth:
00:54:26 OtorK
00:54:43 OtorK
00:54:47 OtorK
00:54:56 OtorK
00:54:59 OtorK
00:54:61 OtorK
00:54:61 OtorK
00:54:63 OtorK
00:54:66 OtorK
00:54:69 OtorK

..: This is a new type of question I came up with and I'm going to ask it to every new WR-holder from now on. Did you use any special tuning for this WR? If it's too sensitive you don't have to answer. :..
No special tuning, vsync off and max FPS.

..: Rate your Labyrinth from 1 - 10 :..
2 (not 1 because it's not 0,01 s improvement, not 3 because of max unclean ride)

Watch this rec, beat it and send new replay to otork@centrum.cz, thanks. And excuse me for my English.

Interview with Quinn

..: So, Quinn, this was your first WR and you entered the table with quite a bang, improving Double Trouble by 0.3 seconds. How does it feel to get your first WR and how does it feel to get it on Double Trouble in particular? :..
It felt quite good, I thought ”about time”. Never thought DT would be my first WR cause my time was 1.27.4x before and I have never liked the lev that much . Only wanted to improve a couple secs and ended up breaking the WR :) (wasn’t that easy though)

..: We've been talking some in private and you've told me that you're not 100% happy with your time, is that right? :..
Yes, but I’m rarely happy with my times. When you play a lev long and know it inside out, you have a fair idea of your limits. Unfortunately I got bored of the lev before I got to my limit.

..: Are you going to improve more? :..
Not at the moment but will get back to it when I feel like playing the lev.

Later.

..: Now when you've gotten started are you planning on any other WRs anytime soon? :..
All depends if I have time to play or not, there are some WRs in my opinion that are easier than BT…

..: This is a new type of question I came up with and I'm going to ask it to every new WR-holder from now on. Did you use any special tuning for this WR? If it's too sensitive you don't have to answer. :..
I didn’t. Tried changing Hz which made some parts easier and faster but made rest completely impossible so I just played with normal settings. I don’t think you need any tuning for DT really.

..: Rate your Double Trouble from 1 - 10 :..

No.

Interview with Jarkko

..: Your stack of WRs are getting bigger and still none of your WRs are any longer than 20 seconds, how come? Do you like only the short levels, do you lack the patience needed for longer levels or do you simply like the challenge of having to drive every vertex to near perfection? :..
I simply don't have skills for long levels and don't like those either. Maybe it's a lack of patience as well, but I can still hoyl short levels for many hours. Those WRs that I have is precisely such a levels where you need to learn every vertex and every move perfectly. And that is the only way I can get a WR.

..: Do you have any new WRs in sight? :..
Well, better time in hooked, but not in other levels. I don't see any other suitable levels for me at the moment. There is still many shorter levels where I don't have even tried the WR style properly. We'll see, We'll see.

..: You've joined a team since your last WR, tell us more about that team. Are you planning to create a teamlogo? :) :..
I was kind of forced to join to NK :D. I don't really see the point of teams, but I guess it's okay to be in some team. There is nothing special to tell about the team, some very skilled players there. I already got the teamlogo from FinMan and it should be on the next WR Table.

..: Have you seen Zweq's alternative Hooked-style? Do you think it has potential? Have you tried it? :..
I have tried it a few times, but it felt too difficult. I don't see it has potential unless you get straight to the top apple and it seems impossible.

Of course.

When I first got the WR, it looked like this:

Level 53, Hooked:
00:17:13 Jarkko
00:17:20 Jarkko
00:17:24 Jarkko
00:17:25 Jarkko
00:17:26 Jarkko
00:17:27 Jarkko
00:17:29 Jarkko
00:17:30 Jarkko
00:17:30 Jarkko
00:17:32 Jarkko

Now it looks like this:

It's a little ahead of time for #293.

Level 53, Hooked:
00:17:12 Jarkko
00:17:14 Jarkko
00:17:14 Jarkko
00:17:15 Jarkko

Just vsync off.

..: Rate your Hooked from 1 - 10 :..

I would like to tell about the hoyling process.

I was always thought that hooked WR style is too hard for me and I had tried it occasionally over the years. Then in last october I give it another try and very quickly got the style and improved my time from old style 18.17 to 18.0x with very sloppy run. Then later improved it all the way to 17.57 and thought it was already good enough time for me. Then sometime later there was a battle in hooked that I won with some 17.6x time and that got me playing it again. I improved it all the time as the two wheel hang part and drop after it was becoming quicker and smoother. In next day I already had 17.26 and thought of WR was coming to my mind, as I knew that I can do 17.1x with good run. Then in next day I improved it first to 17.25, then 17.20, and finally and quite luckily jumped straight to 17.13.

/John 2009-01-18
John
first 35tt

WR-tables #294 and #295

Post by John »

Covering two tables in one post this time. The interviews for table #295 are made by Cap who jumped in as a guestwriter this time.

Number of WR's beaten: 1
Old WRtt: 35:48,82
New WRtt: 35:48,81
Total improvement: 0,01 seconds

53. Hooked
Previous WR-holder: Jarkko
Old time: 17,13
New WR-holder: Jarkko
New time: 17,12

Interviews

Interview with Jarkko

..: The internal scene has kind of stagnated lately, you're one of the few guys still making WRs these days, New Internal Times isn't as active as it was a few years back and so on. How do you relate to this state of the scene? Is it "Sweet, more WRs to me" or do you find it "sad" it's not as lively as it used to be? What's your point of view on belma? :..
Maybe more of the second option, but also the records are getting harder and harder and any new WR is very impressive. As for belma, it's fun sometimes.

..: You've already shared your top10 with the 17.12-time (see #293-News), have you improved your top10 further? If so, do you mind showing us? :..
Not played since 17.12 so...

..: I have vague memories of you saying that 16.xx was possible, 0.13 seconds to go, how possible is 16.xx really? :..
At least about 17.05 (or .03) is possible with current style, based on some of my recs. And there is always some little details to get it down to 16.99 or better. Maybe hard as hell, but doable.

..: Your tuning? Still only Vsync OFF? :) :..
Yes.

..: Hooked may not be the level most dependent on tuning but in general how much do you care about tuning? :..
If there is any notable difference, then of course I care. At least Flat Track and Sink comes in mind where I used VSYNC ON, but no fps limiting in any level. Or is there other ways to tune?

..: Rate your Hooked from 1 - 10 :..
Still 8. 17.09 would get it to 9.

..: Hypothetically, if your Elma crashed every time you tried to play a level less than a minute long, on what level would you try to get WR on then instead? :..
So only five horrible levels to choose. Probably Double Trouble, but I wouldn't try to get WR.

No.

Old WRtt: 35:48,81
New WRtt: 35:48,38
Total improvement: 0,43 seconds

07. Hi Flyer
Previous WR-holder: talli
Old time: 30,38
WR-age: 5 tables
New WR-holder: ap
New time: 30,22
Improvement: 0,16 seconds

17. Labyrinth
Previous WR-holder: OtorK
Old time: 54,26
New WR-holder: Cap
New time: 54,09
Improvement: 0,17 seconds

40. Double Trouble
Previous WR-holder: Quinn
Old time: 1.22,42
New time: 1.22,40

43. He He
Old time: 56,61
WR-age: 37 tables
New time: 56,53
Improvement: 0,08 seconds

Interviews

Interview with ap

1. Congratulations with getting your first WR! Most people know you only from records at skintatious.net, how come that you started hoyling internals? And in general, since when are you playing Elma already?
I haven't started playing internals,i just played hiflyer because i felt i could beat the wr.
i think i started playing on july 2005(although i knew the game since he came out),because i registered to
lauta on november , and i submitted my state on october,so july sounds about right.

2. Why did you choose Hi Flyer? That's not one of easy levels, but as i can say from my own experience, a fun one.
Well,it all started when i saw EDQ,and saw zweq's 30:66 on hiflyer.i really liked
the style and i felt i could pull it off,so i tried it back then for a few days,but failed .
then, two and a half months ago ,i was bored so i tried the brutal on train lev,made it pretty qucikly and started holying it.

3. Tell something about a hoyling process. How long did it take you to manage the style?
Well,i did the brutal on train lev suprisingly fast,like 10-20 mins after i started.
then i started playing the real lev, and i did 31:30 2 days later,which is about 5-6 hours of playing.
then i didn't have alot of time ,but still played here and there,so i did the brutal and missed flower
like a week and a half after that.then it started to get easy,so i did 31:07 the next day,another miss
the day after and finally the day after that, did 30:22 10 mins after i started playing that day.

4. Are you going to continue playing internals and are we supposed to expect new WRs from you in future?
I don't think i'll ever play internals seriously ,but i will try to improve this wr in the future.
i will go for another one if i'll find the right level.

5. Do you mind showing us your top10 on Hi Flyer?
Yeah:

when i did wr:
Level 7, Hi Flyer:
00:30:22 raz
00:31:07 raz
00:31:30 raz
00:39:15 raz
00:39:95 raz
00:42:51 raz
00:43:28 raz
00:44:81 raz
00:45:33 raz
00:45:40 raz

i did 31:35 (and 41:37 ) after i got wr so it's a little different now.

6. Rate your Hi Flyer WR from 1 - 10
3,because there's alot of room for improvement ,and there are 2 different styles that i haven't tried alot,
so there's alot that can be done with this lev.(and also because talli rated his wr 2 i think:)).

7. So, it appears that you're the first Israeli kuski to get a WR in internals! What do you feel about this fact?
Well, it's not a suprise because i'm the only one playing right now :O.but still some israelis played
and couldn't pull it off ,so a little respect .

8. Anything else you would like to say?
Yes,i would like to thank zweq for sharing the style!

Interview with Cap (questions by Mika[27])

1. Grats with a new WR, Cap. Keeping in mind the fact that you've reclaimed a WR at Zig-Zag, i haven't had any doubts that you'll get back a WR at Labyrinth too. This lev is quite technical. Was it hard to get this time?
It didn't take too long, i've played for a week, 2-3h daily. The first few days were spent on a training and warming up. The main hoyl took place in latter 3 days, when i've got 2 results: 54,36 and then 54,09 on a following day.

2) Are you satisfied with your run? Going to get a 53:xx?
In a moment when i finished this run i was very satisfied, but later i've checked/merged the rec thoroughly, and came to a decision that only the first 20 secs are good, and everything else isn't, especially the very end. Now i don't have any desire and time to try for 53, but i can change my mind later.

3) When you've got a lucky bounce, did you realise that you're going for a WR time?
Yeah, of course. I knew it since the first seconds of the run, because i've got immensely quick start.

4) Luther and Tor have said that 53 is ez in labyrinth. What's your opinion on the limit for this level?
My merges show that 53:2x is possible.

5) Do you mind showing us your top10 on Labyrinth?
Level 17, Labyrinth:
00:54:09 Cap
00:54:32 Cap
00:54:33 Cap
00:54:36 Cap
00:54:42 Cap
00:54:43 Cap
00:54:47 Cap
00:54:48 Cap
00:54:66 Cap
00:54:67 Cap

6) Are there any levels at which we can expect new WRs from you?
Not yet. Now i don't have any time for a hoyl, but when i sort out everything at school, i'll try to come up with something!

7) Anything else you would like to say?
I want a new compu =)

Interview with Kazan

1. You've improved quite nice Quinn's 1:22,42 time only by .02! Was this WR more difficult for you comparing to previous ones? Tell something about hoyling process.
This one was the easiest of my DT WRs. I haven't played this lev for a long time and thought that i wouldn't have been able to improve Quinn's time without new styles. But i drove 1:22:40 after only 2 hours of hoyl.

2. When Raven and Quinn took your WRs on 52nd and 40th internals, your response was immediate. Is it a matter of principle for you - not to let beating your WRs?
I dont like it when my wrs get beaten, but it would be fun to lose some wr just to be able to beat it again later :)

3. Do you have any plans on other WRs?
Yes, i do :)

4. Do you mind showing us your top10 on Double Trouble?
Level 40, Double Trouble:
01:22:40 Kazan
01:22:66 Kazan
01:22:72 Kazan
01:22:77 Kazan
01:22:82 Kazan
01:22:90 Kazan

5. Rate your Double Trouble from 1 - 10

6. What would you say about a limit in Double Trouble? Is there any possibility for new tricks or styles?
I know two complicated mini-styles, saving approximately 0.1 each, but don't see any need in using them now. And of course there are plenty of styles for DT, which aren't found yet. My limit is 1:21:xx.

7. What can you say about other kuskies who've got new WRs?
+

8. Anything else you would like to say?
When i was little, mommy didn't let me watch TV :(

Interview with Zweq

1. You've beaten one of TorInge's WRs. How long did it take to get this time? Tell something about hoyling process.
It took a lot of time. My first time under 57 was actually 56.67. I always knew it was an easy wr but it just didn't wanna come, never happened before for me in any lev to this extent. Every bad start - make insane end and finish 56.high. Every insane start - fuck up somewhere and finish 56.high. This happened, I think 70-80 times before getting WR, I'm not kidding, I wish there was top100 available, it would look really fun.

2. Are you going to beat 2 remaining TorInge's WRs to make your statistics better? Any plans on getting new WRs?
I'm not interested in the last 2 WR's of him, unless new faster styles are found.

3. Are you going to improve your TT? You could well be the first one in 35mins club! ;)
35 is only a number, it is a matter of enjoying doing WR's, finding new styles and trying to do maximum amount of different WR's(and some other statistics are fun also). If I had 36.02(wink wink) I would force myself to höyl 35tt, but 36.14 is really far off. It's just a matter of liking what you do. I don't like höyling total time. I just wanna play until WR in every lev, not just do some "best time!" for better TT and then quit, no way.

4. Do you mind showing us your top10 on He He?
Level 43, He He:
00:56:43 Zamppe
00:56:44 Zamppe
00:56:47 Zamppe
00:56:50 Zamppe
00:56:50 Zamppe
00:56:52 Zamppe
00:56:52 Zamppe
00:56:53 Zamppe
00:56:53 Zamppe
00:56:56 Zamppe

Yeah I've kept on playing it during bad battles, between battles, etc. A 56.2x would satisfy me and wouldn't play it again I think, now I'm just crusising the lev.

5. Rate your He He from 1 - 10
5, just mediocre (we are talking about the 56.53 wr)

6. So, do you have any future plans on elma career or you're slowly slipping away from the game?
Slipping away? I guess when that happens to anyone, wouldn't be around to answer such a question. Future plans, no, I'm an animal, I don't plan my life. Nah, actually I want to once more look at apple harvest at some point, hopefully this summer, it all always comes down to motivation anyway, really. Impossible to answer "will I be motivated in the future?".

Elma career is a wide subject though, and I only seem to cover internals in all my answers, such a strange tendency. But battles will never die, playing battles is like eating or shitting, gotta do it every now and then, and it feels good. You know what I mean.

The very near future is just about battling and cruising something, school's out in 2-3 weeks though, just about anything could happen after that.

7. Anything else you would like to say?
yes, I'd like to say nothing.

/John with the help of Cap 2009-04-13
John
first 35tt

Multiplayerpatch revolutionizing Multi WR-table soon?

Post by John »

While the community is getting bigger and bigger as of new players entering the belma-scene we're now about to enter the next era of Elma-playing. This time the whole community will be able to mix up however they like and play cooperative multiplayer online. You might remember the EOL-patch which milagros published quite many years ago by now. It had some hype around it and people even managed to drive a couple of WRs with it despite it being quite laggy, but the patch seemed to die out relatively fast. This time I think multiplaying online is here to stay.

milagros has been working with the new patch for the last 2-3 months and is basically just doing the finishing touches to it. A few lucky guys from the scene have already had the opportunity to try it out and from what I've heard the gameplay worked just fine. What's left to be done before the actual release involve stuff like writing the right nick to state.dat, unwanted results if one player press ESC before the other one joins and adding stats such as throttletime, turns and volts to database.

"So what makes this patch so much better than the EOL-patch?" you might ask yourselves. The answer to that is pretty much "No lag". EOL needed really fast connections to actually be playable, the reason for that was the fact that EOL sent your keypresses to the other player's computer and then waited for the other player's keypresses to come to you. In the new multipatch frames are sent along with rec-info instead. Frames are sent at about 8fps and then the data in between is interpolated (just like in the current belma) and the rec-info includes information like which apples are taken and such.

Releasedate is unknown but until then you can have a look at the multiplayer WR-table prior to this possible multi-revolution:

http://www.home.no/sveinrune/multiwr/multiwr.html

And finally:

..: Rate your multiplayerpatch from 1 - 10 :..
10 \o/

Seems promising, so stay tuned.
John
first 35tt

#296-interviews

Post by John »

Number of WRs beaten: 3
Old WRtt: 35:48,38
New WRtt: 35:47,99
Total Improvement: 0,39 seconds

05. Uphill Battle
Previous WR-holder: Jarkko
Old time: 19,91
WR-age: 27 tables
New time: 19,89

12. Islands in the Sky
Previous WR-holder: Krus
Old time: 20,80
WR-age: 51 tables
New WR-holder: proDigy
New time: 20,78

43. He He
Old time: 56,53
New time: 56,18
Improvement: 0,35 seconds

Interview with Kazan

..: Both you and Zweq spread the news about your upcoming WRs ahead of the WR-table, don't you think the element of surprise is a fun factor of WR-updates? :..
Surprise would be cool when it concerning WRs with new style and significant improvement.

..: What do you think is the best thing about taking a WR? :..
When you get WR, you realized that you can get more.

..: Can we see your Uphill Battle top10? :..
Level 5, Uphill Battle:
00:19:89 Kazan
00:19:98 Kazan
00:19:99 Kazan
00:20:01 Kazan
00:20:02 Kazan
00:20:02 Kazan
00:20:03 Kazan
00:20:04 Kazan

..: Rate your Uphill Battle from 1 - 10 :..
I think it is 8, cause 19:7x is nevertheless possible.

..: When it comes to Uphill Battle, how important is tuning to you? What settings do you play with? :..
It is important to have not less then 300-400 fps when you play uphill, - otherwise you couldn`t get ideal brutal. It is better to have as much fps as you can get.
I always play with 640x480 resolution and after reboot of pc only. I had it about 500 fps.

..: Tell us more about your keyboard. What brand and model? How old? ps/2 or usb? Wire or wireless? Tell us about previous experiences with other keyboards. Throw out some recommendations perhaps :..
Logitech ps/2 wireline. It is usual keyboard without additional buttons, which I had brought 3 months ago. It is no very important for me what kind of keyboard I use I can adopt to any. But the one minus concerning to playing elma on this keyboard is that arrow buttons are very little. I use all four arrow buttons, so it took me some time to adjust to the keyboard.
My previous keyboards weren`t some special too. So I don't know what I can advise on this matter.

..: You're on the verge to 36mins club (question written in april), will you make any special effort to lower your TT those few seconds left or will you continue to hoyl for WRs and let 36TT come naturally? :..
I don't think about it yet.

-

Interview with Zweq

..: I heard how consistently you're driving 56.mid-times now, have you ever experienced a feeling of knowing a level inside out like this before? Tell us more about your assumed top100, estimate it if you can. :..
I haven't had this good touch in a single level before. Only over&under touch comes close to it, but no, never before. Someone might not stop for a moment after finishing 58.xx, I don't stop even at 56.4x, just play again. He He is cruisable level, only part that ruins the level a bit is the headbanging part after bounce at 20 seconds.

Top100? I have 41 recs sub 57. That's kinda the only fact that can support finding out 100th time and a couple of old stats.txt's.I have played He He really many days and every day finished over 10 times, almost always under 57. I haven't saved 56.5x rides lately anymore and stopped saving worse than 56.7x a long before. there must be a hundred of 56.6x-56.9x rides alone. I think my 100th time would be 56.7x or 56.8x.

..: Although you didn't announce your very latest He He-time we all knew there would be a new He He coming in the next update, don't you think the element of surprise is a fun factor of the WR-update? :..
I think so, most definitely, but it just got out of hand because I couldn't resist to show the 56.62-56.69 top10 to the mopolauta community, after that I wanted to share the progress, keep it public. Besides people have been spying me playing on belma, I was too lazy to hide myself because I don't use any new styles.

But yeah, normally I don't do this. And now that I finally made a huge leap in the best time, I naturally kept it secret.

..: What is the best thing about taking WRs these days? :..
Finding styles is the best thing, but an enjoyable lev can be fun enough to just höyl a wr on. Testing your own and the level's practical and theoretic(tricky one) limits. HeHe ended up as one of these "fun" levels, although it was a bit pain at the beginning. I just have to avoid short höyl levels like flat track and loop, after making those WR's really made me ask myself, what's the fucking point. Yep, finding new styles is fun and also brings something fresh on the table eventually.

..: Have you improved your top10 since the last News-update? :..
Level 43, He He:
00:56:18 Zamppe
00:56:36 Zamppe
00:56:38 Zamppe
00:56:39 Zamppe
00:56:42 Zamppe
00:56:43 Zamppe
00:56:44 Zamppe
00:56:45 Zamppe

This might be the final top10 for a while. However, Smibu's replay manager hints about 55.85, but that's no surprise to me.

..: Rate your He He from 1 - 10 :..
8, sub 56 I'd give a 9, but it's pretty hard with current touch, maybe if it's still possible to progress to a higher level where every finish is 56.2x

..: How dependent on tuning would you say He He is? What settings do you play with? :..
I've played all the time with max fps my computer can handle, except I've tried 150 fps for 10 mins but didn't notice any significant difference. It is very hard to say what's the best fps unless test every value for 10hours. Normally you can only say the difference of low fps and high fps and in hehe it didnt seem to matter at all.

..: I remember you had a very old keyboard a few years ago but you told me today you had bought a new one since then, what kind of keyboard is that? Is it ps/2 or usb? Wire or wireless? Tell us about the history of your Elma-keyboards, throw out some recommendations perhaps :..
I have had two good old keyboards that were from the 80s, from a 386 or so. I had a keytronic one which I used in 2003-2005. It made the legendary nix nax sound when pressed, as abula and mr noticed when visiting my place and later wrote about it. It was a very good keyboard, just about as good as my current one. Unfortunately I hit the circuit board into pieces and had to find a new keyboard. Abula asked me to give it for Elma museum some years ago, but I guess he couldn't care less nowadays. It still should be around somewhere.

Later on I found a MITSUMI which also was a keyboard from the 80s, it was pretty good, allowed about 5 simultaneous button presses. but the buttons were inresponsive. Sometimes when I was cruising, throttle suddenly went off because I didn't press the button hard enough. I tried to fix the keyboard, but only managed to break it, story of my life kind of. This happened in 2008 autumn.

So I went mad at the years lasting keyboard problems and ordered a 100e keyboard called steelseries something. It's pretty good, 5 000 simultaneous keypresses, buttons last five thousand million BILLION hits, programmable macro buttons and the last but not the least feature which I found pretty interesting. It _rides_ WR's for you, pretty cool.

When my mitsumi keyboard broke and it was plugged in comp, I couldn't get to OS anymore. I only got a message "Keyboard error, press F1 to continue" on startup, He He. TRUE STORY, ASK BISMUTH!

There it is. I tried to get a hold of proDigy as well but with no success back then. I don't orka do these interviews anymore. Perhaps someone else could do them from now on?

/John with the help of dorTrus 2009-07-18. Edited 2009-07-19, thank you Pawq
John
first 35tt

proDigy's interview

Post by John »

Looks like proDigy's interview found it's way back to me after all. This is the last interview I'll be posting in a while. Thanks Cap.

Interview with proDigy

..: Despite having the 4th (soon/already 3rd?) best TT out there this is only your 3rd WR. You are obviously very talented so my question is, how come you haven't driven more WRs? :..
Perhaps because of that game, I did not pay a lot of time

..: What do you think is the best thing about taking a WR? :..
Hmm, do not even know =) Well, I am heartened to observe my name in the WR table =)

..: I don't know much about Islands but it can't be that dependent on tuning, or is it? What tuning did you play with? :..
Well presented, of course varies, but will not say that very much, IMHO. I played the Vsync Off about 500 fps

Yes, of course you can =)

Level 12, Islands in the Sky:
00:20:78 proDigy
00:20:80 proDigy
00:20:81 proDigy
00:20:82 proDigy
00:20:83 proDigy
00:20:84 proDigy
00:20:85 proDigy
00:20:86 proDigy

..: Rate your Islands in the Sky from 1 - 10 :..
Well, somewhere in the 7 is good, IMHO =)

..: Since the keyboard is the most important component to an Elmaplayer (besides the actual computer) I was wondering what kind of keyboard do you have? Is it PS/2 or USB? Wire or wireless? Tell us about the history of your Elma-keyboards, throw out some recommendations perhaps :..
Well I have a normal keyboard, wired, PS / 2. Manage my standard, no change ;) I am so easy =)

..: Is there anything else you would like to say? :..
What more to say, dick knows =) asked, I would say =))) Good luck to all! =)
John
first 35tt

WR-table #297

Post by John »

I'm just the messenger here, all these interviews are made by Cap (a long time ago, sry Cap)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

=========
Raven
=========

Raven, you continue to please us with a continuous stream of new and emerging WRs, and therefore wants to begin an interview with this question:

..: What motivates you to put the new WRs? This competition (such as in 52 with Kazan), new or previously implemented styles (such as 8) or anything else? :..
With Kazan it's nice to compete and that motivated me quite much. But the feeling when i see my new wrs in the table, makes me feel good -> best motivator :)

..: Your Tag WR surprised by a good cut with the past-present-a. Go to 0.11. Later, watching videos WRs on your team, it became clear so that they were played. Say it was difficult to make this the ending? :..
When i had 21.01, i got pretty good run.. One day talli said about different startstyle so i tried it and got it as fast as zyntifox's different style. Then
I played few hours and got the end. The end is very random; I've made it only once, and that was the 20,71 ;p

..: Slalom also very good. How much you spent time to get this result? :..
I saw Bjorn playing slalom. He was going under 39 so i had to start playing it again. I thought .92 is unbeatable but with 2 hours i really noticed that it might be ez under .80.

Back to ontopic: I played one week. 2-4h/day :)

..: Impressive duel between you and Kazan in Hang Tight. Factor rivalry added you desire to regain the WR or you just feel that you can throw off here yet? :..
My old wr didn't have good bounce so i just thought it will be ez wr.

..: In the 52 wrap-up time depends on the strength of the bounce in the end. The higher the fps the more arrows, but the harder press wheel. How many fps you chose to Hoyle this level? :..
Hmm, i think it was my default FPS, so somewhere around 300 i guess.

..: Write a top-10 for 8, 22 and 52 levels :..
Level 8, Tag:
00:20:71 xXx
00:20:82 xXx
00:20:90 xXx
00:20:91 xXx
00:20:92 xXx
00:20:92 xXx
00:20:93 xXx
00:20:94 xXx

Level 22, Slalom:
00:38:73 xXx
00:38:81 xXx
00:38:83 xXx
00:38:84 xXx
00:38:84 xXx
00:38:85 xXx
00:38:85 xXx

Level 52, Hang Tight:
00:24:66 xXx
00:24:71 xXx
00:24:75 xXx
00:24:75 xXx
00:24:76 xXx
00:24:77 xXx

..: Which of these 3 WRs was the most difficult to place? :..
Easy question. Hang tight. Took almost 2 weeks :D

..: What in your opinion the minimum possible time in these levels of current styles? :..
Tag could be under 20.50 someday, Slalom maybe 38.60 and Hang Tight with fast mid some 24.30.

Hello:)))

========
Zweq
========

Zweq, gratz. The interview would be with this question:

..: Judging from the levels that you have improved and that from these levels was not enough to throw off a lot, you get the feeling that your main goal at these levels, Hoyle was the last to beat WRs, remaining TorInge? :..
I have been playing gravity ride since 2007 every now and then, 10 mins some random evening etc and I always knew it is very easy wr. But still somehow never managed to pull any serious hoyling session.

In may I was in alanya, Turkey and I had laptop with me to browse finnish news via the hotel wlan, but one evening I tried playing some elma for 10 mins. I was thinking what wr could I possibly beat on this shitty laptop in 10 mins. Then I thought, damn, gravity ride is the only possible one that can give a wr with JUST one lucky ride, and it happened also. I was so rofl rest of the evening "ME MEGAROFL))))" literally. First and last wr made on turkey ground? It went straight to my top3 of most memorable WR's, if warm up wr is the best memory, this gravity wr is 2nd best and 3rd best probably first bumpy wr

When I was home I decided to try the new hang style in upside down, I had maybe 59.3x then suddenly got 58.63, I was like w00t that was ez wr o_o

So, just 2 lucky rides. I wasnt thinking much about the fact they were toringe's last ones.

..: In Gravity Ride time is very close to the next sec-break. So to say "magic numbers" for you has any value? Will try to make 22.hh or the main point is that there is a WR and you? :..
Second limit break would be nice, but I wont bother. Clean ride would be 22.9x, very good ride 22.8x. Even if it's a damn bad wr still, it's nice to have name mentioned on table as many times as possible. I guess it is by far the easiest wr I am holding.

..: Directions TorInge 20 internals looked very clean. It was hard to kill it and how much time it took for this time? :..
Like I explained in first question I just suddenly got WR that's all. And yes Toringes ride looks smooth, like all his recs, but in reality it was quite slow. Only his 30-36 sec part was really sick, rest kinda normal riding or even bad(end)

..: You're close enough to the door in 35 min Club. This adds you wish to put new WRs? :..
Actually the reaction is exactly the opposite. When being close to a minute break, hoyling only for easiest improvements and changing levs often is the natural way of improving tt and that usually doesnt lead to WRs

..: Write a top-10 for 11 and 20 levels :..
Well, upside looks different than when #297 was published

Level 11, Gravity Ride:
00:23:07 Zamppe
00:23:18 Zamppe
00:23:20 Zamppe
00:23:23 Zamppe
00:23:35 Zamppe
00:23:42 Zamppe
00:23:62 Zamppe
00:23:73 Zamppe
00:23:77 Zamppe
00:23:81 Zamppe

Level 20, Upside Down:
00:58:14 Zamppe
00:58:37 Zamppe
00:58:63 Zamppe
00:58:96 Zamppe
00:59:14 Zamppe
00:59:38 Zamppe
00:59:42 Zamppe
00:59:55 Zamppe
00:59:58 Zamppe
00:59:59 Zamppe

..: Which of the WRs set in the table has made the greatest impression on you? :..
New wave 1.23.67 was sick nice improvement and also it is quite tricky to get clean ride on the lev. Nowadays the time doesn't feel unreachable, but requires a lot of work to beat I think. Must be pretty clean rec

Was hard to write this interview while rofling at the grammar of the questions =D

=========
Kazan
=========

Kazan, congratulations with the regular WRs. Very good times on the long levels, and also very impressive time on Shelf Life. The first question you want to ask this:

..: Where is easier for you to do WR? In a long level, with many places for wagering, but need a constant concentration throughout the level or in a relatively short? :..
For me, probably no difference at what level to put WR. As you can see I had the records and in the long and short levels. But short rates are much better hoyled, and therefore WRs at high levels, is easier to beat.

..: Bounce at the start of Shelf Life Share was still quite a long time. But before you them by themselves, no one played? What do you think why, if this option is obviously faster start? :..
1) Shelf Life is not a very interesting level for driving.
2) We have to change the fps to 100-200
3) This does not bounce at the start much faster.

..: In the 16 internals you threw the previous one with a record more than a second. Obviously the availability of new chips. And most significant is Darmo-Hang. How many took the time to perform well all the new elements of style and get this result? :..
With the new styles of New Wave has become easier to pass, and I quickly made a 1:24: xx.
At 1:23: xx It took a couple of days.

..: Which of these 3 WRs was the most difficult to place? :..
The most difficult part was the 35 th, as he longest =)

..: Write a top-10 for 16, 27 and 35 levels :..
Level 16, New Wave:
01:23:67 Kazan
01:24:01 Kazan
01:24:11 Kazan
01:24:30 Kazan
01:24:38 Kazan
01:24:46 Kazan
01:24:51 Kazan
01:24:53 Kazan
01:24:62 Kazan
01:24:72 Kazan

Level 27, Shelf Life:
00:34:27 Kazan
00:34:34 Kazan
00:34:35 Kazan
00:34:40 Kazan
00:34:43 Kazan
00:34:44 Kazan
00:34:48 Kazan
00:34:48 Kazan
00:34:49 Kazan
00:34:51 Kazan

Level 35, Labyrinth Pro:
02:14:21 Kazan
02:15:28 Kazan
02:15:30 Kazan
02:15:40 Kazan
02:15:54 Kazan
02:15:67 Kazan
02:15:74 Kazan
02:15:76 Kazan
02:15:85 Kazan
02:15:93 Kazan

..: Raven once again overtook you in 52 levels. The spirit of rivalry is inapplicable adds motivation to a desire to regain the WR. Are you going to do it? :..
You're right, but the time Jarkko too good =)

..: Total time for you has any value? Or more importantly you a specific time at a particular level? :..
Probably WRs still more important than TT =)

======
talli
======

talli, regular WR technically sophisticated level. Indeed a very impressive result.

..: For you interested to put WRs is for the technically complex levels (7, 33)? :..
I like tricky levs, and when you can make wr only by finishing a style is a good challenge.

..: What part of this level was the most problematic for you? Mid-bounce, a new style start or could something else? :..
New start style is the hardest trick in lev, combined with mid-bounce it wasn't so easy to finish

..: How do you see the minimum possible time at this level? :..
This is impsy to say yet, need lots of hoyling and polished styles, 53 quite surely possible with current styles.

..: Write a top-10 to 33 level :..
Level 33, Zig-Zag:
00:55:65 Talli
00:56:62 Talli
00:56:69 Talli
00:59:58 Talli
01:00:21 Talli
01:04:84 Talli
01:05:73 Talli
01:05:81 Talli
01:06:64 Talli
01:06:86 Talli

..: What do you think is there now in the table WRs "dead" time? Or continue ez WR at any level? :..
There are still quite ez wrs on the table, but recently i've had no motivation to try beating them.
Only improving tt every now and then.

hmm, i go eat

========================
Thanks for help to Mika [27]
========================
John
first 35tt

A brief summary of internals 2009

Post by John »

A brief summary of internals 2009
Sorry for the crappy layout

The following table is made by Cap:

########  #294 #295 #296 #297 #298 #299 #300 #301 #302 #303 #304  ######################

Zweq      #### 0,08 0,35 0,08 #### 0,29 1,20 1,22 2,25 #### ####           5,47 Zweq
John      #### #### #### #### 1,93 0,14 #### 1,26 0,12 #### ####  (-2,02)  3,45 John
Kazan     #### 0,02 0,02 2,19 #### #### 0,01 0,02 #### 0,25 ####  (-2,96)  2,51 Kazan
Raven     #### #### #### 0,33 0,74 #### 0,08 #### #### #### ####  (-4,32)  1,15 Raven
Cap       #### 0,17 #### #### #### #### #### 0,46 #### #### ####  (-4,84)  0,63 Cap
talli     #### #### #### 0,26 0,30 #### #### #### #### #### ####  (-4,91)  0,56 talli    
Bjorn     #### #### #### #### #### #### 0,06 0,11 0,11 #### ####  (-5,19)  0,28 Bjorn
Jarkko    0,01 #### #### #### 0,04 0,10 0,04 0,04 #### #### ####  (-5,24)  0,23 Jarkko
zaraptor  #### #### #### #### #### #### #### #### 0,20 #### 0,03  (-5,24)  0,23 zaraptor
adi       #### #### #### #### #### 0,14 0,08 #### #### #### ####  (-5,25)  0,22 adi
ap        #### 0,16 #### #### #### #### #### #### #### #### ####  (-5,31)  0,16 ap
JayTea    #### #### #### #### #### 0,04 #### #### #### #### ####  (-5,43)  0,04 JayTea
Madness   #### #### #### #### 0,02 #### #### #### #### 0,02 ####  (-5,43)  0,04 Madness
proDigy   #### #### 0,02 #### #### #### #### #### #### #### ####  (-5,45)  0,02 proDigy
Xiphias   #### #### #### 0,02 #### #### #### #### #### #### ####  (-5,45)  0,02 Xiphias
Tm        #### #### #### #### #### #### 0,01 #### #### #### ####  (-5,46)  0,01 Tm

########  0,01 0,43 0,39 2,88 3,03 0,71 1,48 3,11 2,68 0,27 0,03  ######################

WRTT#304  35:33,79                                                        15,02
WRTT#294  35:48,81                                               (-15,02)

Sub-40 minute breakers:

35mins club
John
Zweq

36mins club
Bjorn
Kazan
Raven
talli

37mins club
Cap
Madness
Mika
Morgan
York

38mins club
adi
Dynamo
ExTeC
Leeland
Memphis
Mielz
Morgan

39mins club
alvin
DaFred
Frosty
GRoB
Mielz
ramone
TTechnik
Uncle Milty
zelter
John
first 35tt

Zweq is the new leader in TT

Post by John »

Didn't expect News to be updated when you woke up this morning, did you?

We recently got a new leader in internal TT as Zweq passed the 35.45 mark (35.44.99 at the moment). I thought it would be interesting to read his thoughts on the matter so I put together an interview. Let's skip right to it.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Interview with Zweq

..: So, you are once again #1 in Total Time. How does it feel to be back up there? :..
I felt happy about it for some time, but in the end I'm #1 only because there is not much competition nowadays. Also I felt like the times I improved lately were incredibly crappy, so I think some 35.2x tt would be achievable in couple of weeks with proper motivation.

..: You are also the leader of most of the "heavy" WR-statistics charts. Do you feel like you are at the top of your Elma career at this point? :..
It happened kind of accidently, I guess I've just been the most consistent internalist in the last years. You know, people come and go, zamppe stays. These days are so very different to back in 2003, when I played 4-5 times more, but the wr holder statistics could change rapidly. It's very difficult to say whether I'm on top of my elma career, I guess I was on my top in 2003 when I broke a tt minute limit ( yes I value those very high )

..: One of those "heavy" charts you lack the #1 spot in is "Most WRs in one table". Currently at a highly respectable 17 WRs there's still quite a long way to go to top TorInge's 27 WRs. Has it crossed your mind to make a serious attempt of breaking that record too? :..
Of course I have thought about it, but not for a few years. Perhaps if there will be a good opportuntity in the future. However, the recent wrs in flat track and twin peaks prove that no WRs are safe, so a 28 WR attempt would need to be striked in one table. I had kinda forgot about the wr statistics, because they haven't been updated recently. I don't really worry about not being on the top on certain statistics, because some statistics are impossible to top nowadays, such as the biggest improvements statistics.

..: Recently there's been a russian injection to the WR-table. Kazan has improved rapidly and fiercefully, both WRs but also his TT. What's your personal feelings towards his progression? Will he one day be #1? :..
Kazan will undoubtedly have the best tt in the future, as long as he keeps playing. The future will tell if there will be more sick russian kuskis popping up in the future, I mean it's entirely possible in 2 years someone called tchaikovzki leads with 34tt. I'm also excited to see how Grob will progress, will he continue his elma career, will he get more into the internals or stick to the cups etc. Also Björn is a good threat to Kazan, but I'd like to see him playing more, it seems like Björn does sick rides extremely easily, he's just lazy(?). Of course John could just start playing again also and get back on top ;P

..: What keeps you still playing the game these days? New styles? Addiction? Just plain love for the game? The community? Or a mix of those? :..
I play the game, because I like to play it. It's just such a "pro" game. There are so many layers in elma skill, that it feels like I'm not done with the game yet. For example in 2015 I will think that my times from 2010 were just total crap. Also the new tricks in last few years are so nice, especially the 999 fps uber alobrutals (don't know what else to call them)

..: New styles keeps popping up and from my point of view, from a quite distant view, it seems like there's been an increase in the number of new styles lately. Am I right? Being an acknowledged style finder yourself, what's your thoughts about this seemingly endless style finding? :..
My thoughts are that people are brainwashed. People learn the game by watching recs and mimicing them and they end up using the same styles for years without really thinking "why am I using this style" or "why is this style the fastest". Some people are so skilled they start to think "why?", such as kazan, björn, john, talli, zaraptor, anpdad, grob and of course milagros. (I'm sorry if someone felt like his name should be here :( ). I could imagine some extremely skilled externalist that has never played internals could come up with a lot of new styles, but that has kind of never happened, I guess it's possible to happen with eol though.

..: Having achieved so much already and not really that many positions to climb any higher, what goals have you set for yourself now? :..
I haven't set any goals for myself in ages, at least not any major ones. I will do my best to enjoy the game!

..: Where will WRTT be in a year? Where will your personal TT be in a year? :..
in a year? öh, in some thread I guessed wr tt will be 34, but let's say about 35.08.14 in one year. And my own tt will be 35.3x
______________________________________________________________________________________