What do you think of WC4 so far?

Look for replays and levels and ask people's times.

Moderator: Moporators

magicman
Kuski

What do you think of WC4 so far?

Post by magicman »

So what do u think of this WorldCup so far?
1: Best so far(lvls)
2: Has it been tough competition this WC?
3: Did u enjoy this WC much? :)
4: Best wc lvl?
5: worst wc lvl ?
Team: CF || wc4 pos. 6th || tt: under 42 duno || Metallica... ImageImage
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

It have been to long I think

But it was fun, I GOT POINTS !

Best lvl must be the 4 03 and the worst 4 04
Bonobo
Kuski

Post by Bonobo »

This world cup made me play Elma. I was looking for new replays and saw that a world cup was active. Then I started play Elma. If it had been no wcup, my life wouldn't be worth living. The hardest levels is the best for me. Short, easy levels is real höyl-levels. I'm not a good höyler so I've got the most points when only a few completed the levels. Mopo
[TT=1:01.67] || < [AC] >, Go
MP
Hat Tricker²

Post by MP »

Mopo? ..OMG you are my soulmate! :beer:
Bonobo wrote:The hardest levels is the best for me. Short, easy levels is real höyl-levels. I'm not a good höyler so I've got the most points when only a few completed the levels
heah can this be true, sounds just like me
Position in wc | total time | site | hi
KD
Kuski

Post by KD »

I didn't play much, coz wcup levs still suck (just look at hungarian cup levz!!) :) But there were some good ones now, i have to tell ok. I hope next time i will play the whole cup.
Thinking is not entertainment but an obligation! - Strugatsky bros
MP
Hat Tricker²

Post by MP »

Good ones now? ..I think good and bad levs have been mixed quite well

here is my list of the best: 03, 04, 06, 07, 10, 12, 14, 16
and the worst: 02, 05 maybe (even though I had very low höyling spirit then), 08, 09, 13, 18
Doddddy
Kuski

Post by Doddddy »

Well, I only participated from 14 event but i saw the others. The best i think it was 16 for me. I don't like short ones like 19 or boring ones like 17. In 16 i also got the most points :D . I like, not the hardes levels, but the levels with most styles. I like to find diferent styles. I think i would like to participate at a mopobattle, but i never had the chance. I don't know when they are planned :?
Reliance upon others is weakness for the strong, but strength for the weak.
KD
Kuski

Post by KD »

I still say skint's lev was best :D (that's why i participated only this event)
Thinking is not entertainment but an obligation! - Strugatsky bros
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

i think holding off the level is a brilliant stratagy by the moposite crew to attract sponsers and get people interested in wcup
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

01 was too megahöyl
02 was a bit annoying and everybody hated it, except me, I think it was ok
03 had a good idea, but the fastest way was too easy to find and the end was OMG

04 was very good lev, it had something that I liked, dunno what it was
05 was quite good höylälev, I had the fastest start, but my end sucked, damn

06 was too speedy and tisk invented omfg hard secret fm bounce, but it had something funny too. but still, I won't ever forget that one run of mine where I missed the last apple with few pixels and had 42.2 on the flower(kuiva, the winner, had 42.6)

07 was barteks headbanger, I don't like headbangers, so I didn't really like this one either, though it started to be funnier after höyling..

08 pexi's mini rollercoaster, höyled like hell, top-10 inside 0.05, but with wrong style, omg, bad memories......ugh

09 rollercoaster part 2 was even.........oh well, I don't wanna talk about this one. once I again I had the fastest start, but who cares, you need to be fastest on the whole lev ok

10 was too long for me and I played too little, like whole FM. CF with the lead of MP really owned this one, lev was actually quite good if you forget the end part

11 had nice gfx's, but The Ball was too annoying and end too......omg

12 was really cool lev after learning the start, once again we(FM) had wrong style but we still did quite good

13 ...........omg, this lev was something beyond the hell, really n00b lev, everyone höyled this one......and I sucked so bad ok

14 The Pipe tradition started in wcup3 and it seems to continue, everyone knew beforehand who would win this one and he didn't let us know, 50 apples OMFG SICK! I had really hard time with this, had kinda love/hate relationship

15 this lev didn't get me play until saturday and that's why I kinda sucked, check jokke's winning rec, it was nice, lev was ok, though the start was annoying

16 Jokke's first lev ever turned out very good and I had nice time höyling it, though when I was having sunday morning last höylings I heard dmd had 5 secs better time I didn't feel like höyling tenths away from my time anymore, congrats DMD, r0x0r style

17 was nice lev by skint, very höyläble and r0x0r

18 was once again a n00b lev, my worst position ever with very wrong style I used a lot of time for höyling without getting even a good time, I won't ever touch this lev again, if I had the right style this lev would've r0x0r0r0r I think

19 well well, one of the best levs imo, so enjoyable höyling time I had with it, can't find words, rulse ok!

20 can hardly wait..........must be so annoying lev :)
Tomorrow's Lucky Run Solutions Today
Flowertouching Men
kuiva
Kuski

Post by kuiva »

karlis GOD DAMN! my winning time wasn't 48,6... it was 48,54! =)
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Well, Karl wrote 42,6.
And if he almost made 42,2 I must say damn good :wink:
Heah. I saw that rec of Karlis... pretty cool.
That level was the best WC level I have played, and only WC level I tried to get good on, still I didnt win :cry:

Nostradas winning rec was multiCool, we has so much fun playing that level. My biggest elma LOL ever during that level, Nos fucked up so hard and after seing that rec I could play for over 10 minutes, I tried but then his ride came to me and I just started to laugh over and over again. Could play at all. Haha.
ALOMYASS.rec

hehe (I might tell the storie one day)

ps. the lev I did (5?) completely sucked, most changed wc level ever, nothign of my level was left as I did it. And then... blah, px even messed up my grass :P
Elasto Mania - ez better
px
Moporator

Post by px »

Sure I did :P
| TT astonishing 47:08,75 | moposite.com | pxx.fi |
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

i think i hated the rollercoaster levs most, i only tried to participate in event 1 but as soon as i saw the times of some people i didnt even try again....
but first lev was cool i think, and the latest one... and the ones i forgot surely sucked/ruled
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

My targe was top20 and help FM to get team victory. Done. I came 9th and FM won. In the beginning I was even 5th at some point (not 100% sure) but then hoyling power get lost a bit. Only bad thing is that BarTek and magicman beat me.

Download my replays. Read the description and watch the replay. Maybe some entertainment for you >>

1. Maybe my best run in whole cup. I hoyled like the first days and had 0,01 better time than Hibernatus when he published his replay. I was damn angry. Luckily he had worse style so we thought it doesn't harm much us. Next day I got this 30,20 time. I was very happy and proud of it. But of course I hoyled the rest week but didn't improve. I still can't understand better times than mine and Jokke got almost half a second better. WTF. Watch my rec, pure perfecto. Not great level but not so bad. And remember the number of participants. Over 200 and I came top10. Whee I must be pretty good player then ;]. Good start to cup, much better than I expected. People were lying times much during the event and we kind of believed them. We had correct styles since Jokke won the event. We didn't trade replays but zyntifox gave some poor replay to us in the beginning of the week. Luckily it contained a faster and new style to us :P.

2. I'm not so good at this kind of struggling. I remember I had problems in the beginning and end of the level. The middle part I was good but of course in my best replay I fucked up the middle. We had almost correct styles. Ok level again. No any major feelings. Whole FM did pretty bad result.

3. My best position during the cup the still I have almost only bad feelings :|. We had wrong start and I fucked up the end drop. I was able to make the end pipe once out of 3 tries approximately. AND. When I got my best time I went to brag to psy. I thought he already had stopped playing and then he imroved a bit in Sunday morning and passed me. I didn't give him any styles or so but he claims that he thought "How even Abula can have better time me, must improve." He had luck. The rest FM sucked. I liked the level for sure.

4. First half of the week I trained that stupid jump style in 47-50 seconds (MGen used it in his best run). It was a mistake. Too hard and not so much faster. I had bad end, other parts were ok. Got same time than Tisk. Very hoylish level after all. With a good end I would have been top3-4. Karlis was our hero and DarMoeD got crazy time. Level was nice after some lgr editing (poor background). FM got good results.

5. Smooth run, especially the very end. I got this time in Saturday night and at that time it was second best in FM. I was happy and went to party to drink. When I got drunk I started to call my team mates. First was Karlis I think. He told that all Jokke, he and mr had passed me. I was like omg. Then I called them all, got a bit upset and partyed to the end. On Sunday I was sad because I didn't hoyl more but I had some fun at party too :]. But but. I don't have any big mistakes in my run so it wouldn't have been too easy to improve anyway. In this level everybody thought they have a great time (psy, MP, us etc.) Strange level.

6. I liked the level but somehow didn't manage to do the final run. Also Tisk's ruelze style was found too late. FM would have rocked if we found that sick bounce earlier. Very bad event for us. The beginning of FM's downhill.

7. Might be my favourite level. I liked to hoyl and did it much. In my replay only the end is bad (and some tiny adjusting in beginning). BUT. We made an awful mistake and missed that obvious hanging in middle. Damn I got angry. Only FM and one other guy (was it Jalli?) missed the style. It saved 2 seconds at least. Even top3 would have been possible but no :(. Very disappointed. DarMoeD's run was perfect.

8. Second suxorest level in my opinion. Everybody knew there will be a rollercoaster but this was a catastrophy. Especially because we didn't have the style. So hoyla level and of course we hoyled like hell. Even px beat me?!? FM so bad. I have only bad memories.

9. What the hell, same level again? I almost thought about stopping the cup here. Luckily it was a bit longer level and actually our old style was faster in this one (px edited it a bit). Bad the second half of the level was so rubbish. No places where to save time. Only throtling towards to flower. I have never been good at these levels. I think I don't have to mention whether I liked the level or not. FM again poor. I don't see any mistakes in my replay.

10. Rulze level but wrong style again. MP's popular hat trick started here. FM was losing the hope. We decided the do a tiny joke trick. Karlis faked his top10 to some unbelieable good times (under 2 minutes and very hoyled). We had 2:10 times ourselves back then and didn't even think that someone could have under 2mins for real. So Karlis pasted the top10 "accidently" to #across. People believed it and were shocked. Later we heard that actually MP had about same time for real and he just feared that Karlis will pass him. On Sunday people laughed at us and we were sad :'(. My run is medium good. Nothing special, normal me though I didn't use the cool bounce at 1:30. Sob, sob, poor us. I wonder how many fucked up their best drives to end hanging. It was so mean. I was almost the last FM, even Tisk beat me.

11. MP's second. The worst level in the cup. I didn't play it at all (maybe 10 hours), almost a boycott. No one hoyled it much. FM sucked very much. My ride doens't have many mistakes, just general badly driven.

12. MP da king, his third. Everybody waited that he wins and under pressure he made it, very superb. The 31 seconds was fun to drive. I had bad end. We tested all different styles and ended up to slower one. We were sure we have the correct style and will collect much points and again CF owned us. Sa-Su night I hoyled 6 hours and improved 0,05 or something. Damn I felt depressed. Cool level.

13. Doh. Not my level at all. We had almost correct style, at least under 31secs but then I only got 31,44. Again I hoyled the last night and improved 0,05. FM was so low then. We didn't see a light in the tunnel. No doubt that this level was our worst performance. Personally I don't like Zebra's levels.

14. Impsyjallity. Ok. I expected this and hoped this will be a new start of the wcup. I thought more people would have gotten tired to Wcup but no. Especially Jalli had amazing energy to hoyl. Everybody waited his victory and so he did, with luck everybody must admit. His replay is one the sickest ever driven. I'm pretty good at these levels and I design this one. My goal was to reach 47 apples and I did it. Almost the only time during the cup I was happy of my result. Too bad that so many other people also reached it I got only 6th place. Jokke and whole FM did very well, much better than we were expected. Praise top4 people. Only a very few people can do 48 or more apples in Elma history and future. Watch kuiva's replay if you have it and laugh. I had pretty fast run, no big mistakes there. Good ride. Great level except the end but px made it so it's normal ;). It's a pity that no one will ever finish this impsy version without cheats. FM is again in mood. I got that 35 apples point about 200 times. 37 apples 100 times. 42 maybe 7 times and 45 once.

15. Jokke's plan in 14 was to play lots of in the first week and then rest. Very good plan we must say because the 15th level came one week before 14's deadline was. So he was able to hoyl the 15 whole week and also got the mood. Jokke is Jokke and he won the event. I had only 2-3 days time to hoyl and didn't get any good times. I didn't like the end at all though. Also that elephant part I drove very slowly. But I still was happy about that 47 apples so I didn't care much.

16. My favourite level. Jokke made it and it contained many cool styles (especially Raider's). Too bad we didn't use the boring fast style (DarMoeD and TomCat did). Maybe the best feeling during the 6 months period was that Saturday night at 3:00am when I was going to send in and decided to try once again and made about one second improvement and passed Tisk by 0,02. I'm sorry for him because it would have been his the only team's best time. 4th place in result was my second best position. Happy, happy, joy, joy. We had very hard end and you can wonder the pressure I had when I played the best time. I knew it was the last opportunity and had pretty good start (only some minor mistakes). Ah, I made it, wheeee. Feel the joy when watching the replay. The bounce at 35 seconds was very difficult, I made it only a couple of times during the two weeks. Tisk was in Oulu when the level was released and we hoyled some days and search for styles. Beside the fact we had wrong style I have still only positive feelings.

17. psy is back. Damn good braking. ZeiZei was catching me. I started to realize that my top10 is threaten and I need to hoyl more. But but. I had some other things to do and didn't make the best run. Level was nice. The final touch missing.

18. I made a lucky ride in first days and Karlis even said "Believe me, you won't improve anymore." I hoyled much but didn't improve. I have very nice bounce in my replay but the start is extreme poor and old style. I got 30th place (maybe the worst in whole wcup?) ZeiZei almost got me. Level was pretty ok, not so great nor bad. Entire FM sucked.

19. I faced the fact that NOW I must hoyl like hell to get top10. So I sat down and only played. Take a few lessons at university and hoyled the rest time. I even started to trade some replays and tricked people a bit (I didn't lie). I liked the level. I hoyled veeery much, maybe 25 hours. The last one-second-improvement made me happy. But by 0,03 better time I'd have gotten two positions better place. Cloud ruled. Top10 still not sure but I kind of managed to defend my place.

20. The last event and the last hoyling. The 6 months painful hoyling is over after this. Phew. But we needed to hoyl. Level was good. I got semi-good time and made top10. BarTek passed me, respects to him. Also Karlis passed Jalli and that was the biggest thing in this event.

Thanks to px for arranging the cup. Thanks to level designers. Thanks to Karlis, Tisk, mr and Jokke for support, styles and hoyling help. Hopefully I offered some help too. We had much joy during the months eventhough that took about 400 hours off my life. Maybe I could have made something else instead?

I don't wait World Cup 5. I'm not sure if I will ever again play this seriously again. It requires so much of me. I will help my team in all contests (except internal levels because I'm not allowed) though. I appreacite a lot people like Karlis and Jokke who have hoyled all the cups, how they bother?! In general I have to mention that FM didn't go in for replay trading. We traded only a few styles during the cup. We had great style inventors in our team and wasn't needed to. Maybe it could have helped us to better places in some levels of course because in the end we didn't have many famous secret FM styles (only that Jeppes, 4th, level and too late there also). We took the team victory and that's enough. No FM members in player final standings is a bit disappoinment but both Karlis and Jokke made top6 however. All FMs in top16. Finland took the country victory. Doesn't mean much to me but anyway. Ugh, who read this far?
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
magicman
Kuski

Post by magicman »

01: Was höyling it very much :) very nice lvl!!! I wanted top10 so much on that lvl... but camed 12th, but around event 13? then all cheaters was cought so I camed 10th on it :)

02: Was'nt my favourite... one of the worst i think, i dont like those slow lvls,+ it had terrible end wich I dont like :)

03: Kicked ass! omg was so many things to do in it... did'nt höyl it much at all do'h :\ but nice styles etc!

04: Was one of the bestest lvls, many styles(not to hard once) and memory from that was that MP did miss 75 points :\

05: Ramones lvl, was'nt my favourite.. have TOTALY wrong style :) camed 39th place i think it was = 11 points :P i think it was the most changed wc lvl too!

06: Jeppes lvl, was one of the best once, did'nt höyl it to much but it was gr8 styles etc... so funny :) (Tisk made an very GOOD bounce style too i remember, impressive!)

07: Barteks lvl... well this lvl ... said be4 Wcup that I did'nt want a headbanger likley lvl... but it camed.. so this was'nt my favourite... but I camed good place cus no1 did play it :) 9th I camed, also that Saturday I was drinking beers and got punshed in my fase :) what a memory :P lol

08: Was Px's first Rollercoster in this wc :)) well it was gr8! höyle lvl :)
2 hours be4 deadline I had sucker style nr1 ...traded it with "xxx" dude and in less then 2 hours I got 23.27 and I splitted points with 3 other guys :) on a 6th place (me, Karlis, dmd & TuA)... btw 2nd best rollercoaster!

09: rollercoaster2 in this wc.. not soo good to höyle.. I did 54.04 Karlis had 54.00 :)) could have made under 54, but luck was'nt on my side, i also gave my rec too dmd that round :P hoho did i get a rec from him later,,, ehm no ;)

10: MY FIRST WC LVL :)
I did a lvl that night be4, and I had'nt even drove it when it was finnished :P i forgot to take away help apples etc.. Was the first lvl with killer in WC4 :P and longest lvl so far in WC ever if I'm not wrong! I think this was the best wc lvl, lame to think that but I höyled it most and gr8 styles :) The lvl was edited so I did'nt get any extra out of it.. made that very nice style on pexi-made-part-of-lvl , and then me and MP did start to insande höyl it :) first MP win too! Bartek got nice to I beated DMD with 0,02 :))

11: Grav. lev... worst lvl no doubt! nothing more to say höyle, blä... ush

12: was nice styles.... top3 best lvl! I camed 2nd on it after some sick höyl that Saturday night :) MP did insane time in it cus I told times that was'nt "real times" :P... mp did Hartrick!! first in WC history and team CF was first in history to make team in top3 (correct me if I'm wrong)

13: Hyöle sick lvl.. but acctuly kinda nice i think :)

14: ROkxs+a0cxz9+09+r9e LVL :D top3 best lvl :) I was tierd of höylin @ that moment... so I höyled fast and picked 47th apple and was happy with it,, then when res. camed Beastpete beteaded me on that lvl with ,06 :PPPP JALLI did insane insane insane REC :)

15: c0olest lvl... PeXi houmor :))) nice lvl but 20 minutes be4 deadline I had this 58.xx run but died in end(could been 1 sec better).. so sad... so this is one of the lvl I regret most I did'nt höyl more on !! i could been like 5 places better eaasy.. blaa REGRET THIS LEV MOST! :P that i did'nt höyl more!

16: Jokkes lvl was very nice(first Jokke lvl :P ?... ye anyway... I made a style(same as winner style(dmd)) but we in CF tought it was to bad :) then MP did a nice c0ol style.. with hard end.. I HAD SUCKIERTS time that saturday(drinked beer) so LUCKY as I was the deadline was moved a week(saved me MUCH thx thx,,, mail problems it was i think)! camed 10th

17: Skints lvl.. well ok lvl nice winner rec and nice that psy won!

18: Was HÖYLE lvl but kinda nice(hard tricks)... but I had wrong style :P
This was a lvl I splited points with dmd(place 15th) ,, also last wc4 lvl dmd played and he was winner after this1...

19: NOW it was close to end :) a very very nice lvl.. but I was tierd to höyl it.. but got kinda nice time at the end... Cloud camed and won it.. nice rec there to :)

20: Now it was just to struggle this last WC round:) omg last WC4 round.. @ round 10 I was tierd...
This lvl I höyled pretty much the 3 last days... but I did'nt get the drop part nice at all so I did'nt get nice time... but then Bartek camed and told his VERY nice time so I tought now I'm screwd now bart takes my 7th place... I counted be4,,, If bartek won I needed a 13th place... if it would been like that I would won over bart with 0,25 points :P lol well not I camed 12th with my sucky time... (if it would been first wc lvl I would been for sure 30th place :))... NOW THE LIVING HELL WAS OVER :))) WEEEE I CAMED 7th in WORLD and best SWE!!!

best lvls:
1: 10, [magicman]
2: 12, [Myrdhel]
3: 14, [Abula]

Worst lvls:
1: 11

--Cheato0rs got cought during this WC too :PP

Now it's over...
BIG SWEDISH players wich have won EVERY WorldCup be4 this... BLÄ... now we suck :P I'm best swe lol :)

>>edit>>
I will play Worldcup5(worldcup2005?) well anyway, even if i dont play elma, must just join one :), well let's say i must get points, if i'm not there when wc5 is, plzzz contact me somehow!!!
I have never givven such much time for anything be4, i really wanted too show what i was capable of i think i was supriesed myself how good i camed..., was aming for top15-20, and our goal with team(CF), dunno but around top5, we was in lead some of the last rounds, but FM beated us with maybe 100points :P so we camed 2nd, wich roxed :) imo... but we could have won :P
Hmmm, many was höyling this WC4, in last WC3 it was like 20ppl in the last 5 rounds only wich played :P wonder how big WC5 will be :]
Hope i cya next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--If it would be an WorldCup of -> :) <- i would easy win :P
Team: CF || wc4 pos. 6th || tt: under 42 duno || Metallica... ImageImage
MP
Hat Tricker²

Post by MP »

Heh, when ramone won kotm and we talked about the interview thing I also planned what I would put there. This wcup lev analysis was one of those things ...but too lazy to write here ;)

recs here