please help with Tag (not how to pass it)

Look for replays and levels and ask people's times.

Moderator: Moporators

Segosa
Kuski

please help with Tag (not how to pass it)

Post by Segosa »

Me and my friend are both quite new to elma, we both started playing it at the same time, and we are having a competition of who can get the best time in tag, well his time is 41:xx and mine is 42:xx, I am trying to get lucky like that replay at moposite, does anyone know how to do that? i've tried so long and i dont wanna lose this competition :P can someone help me...
Last edited by Segosa on 25 Apr 2003, 07:07, edited 1 time in total.
Bonobo
Kuski

Post by Bonobo »

Try to not go around a lot of times... take the apples under the platform without going up again...
[TT=1:01.67] || < [AC] >, Go
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Is that the bounce-style? It will be a lot easier to get a decent time with other styles...from www.gamers.dk for example.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Sick_Mambo
Kuski

Post by Sick_Mambo »

Just do this http://www.home.no/mambo/tagdude.rec

Shouldnt be to hard
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

ok man i'm beginner JUST LIKE YOU and I have 28,07. now listen :
pass the hilly area and jump to the 2nd floor. take the apple (it's not the difficult part, right ?). now, drive fast to your right and in the little bump, jump as far as you can, and take the second apple in the same jump. now turn to the flower and touch it.

the hard part is to take the apples, but with good salta you can take it anytime. I didn't saved a replay, but now i'm going to hoyl this level for a new pr and i'll save my record and upload it.

now, if it's too difficult, you can always hang on the 2nd floor and take the apples, it's giving you about 31:xx I think....

ok, now my pr is 26,96, and this is my replay :
replays of 26,96 in the first style, and 34,xx in the hang style

(right click, save target as)
Last edited by WkE on 24 Apr 2003, 18:31, edited 3 times in total.
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

i could not be more annoyed from your stupid long links, can't you do something about it? :cry: :cry: :cry:
(not offensive) :wink:
Segosa
Kuski

Post by Segosa »

I got Level 8, Tag:
00:32:03

:D thanks guys! I think Im gonna win this competition
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

dz wrote:i could not be more annoyed from your stupid long links, can't you do something about it? :cry: :cry: :cry:
yeah this server is so dumb !
HOW can i make a linking-word ? like : "click here" and if you click on the "here" you see the page...
please someone help.....

and segosa, what style you used ? the hang ?
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
Segosa
Kuski

Post by Segosa »

WorstKuskiEver wrote:
dz wrote:i could not be more annoyed from your stupid long links, can't you do something about it? :cry: :cry: :cry:
yeah this server is so dumb !
HOW can i make a linking-word ? like : "click here" and if you click on the "here" you see the page...
please someone help.....

and segosa, what style you used ? the hang ?
I used Sick_Mambo's Style! :) ... your replay doesnt work :(
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

here's how to do it

Code: Select all

[url=http://blablabla.com]BLA[/url] 
BLA

have fun :wink:
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

WorstKuskiEver wrote:pass the hilly area and jump to the 2nd floor. take the apple (it's not the difficult part, right ?). now, drive fast to your right and in the little bump, jump as far as you can, and take the second apple in the same jump. now turn to the flower and touch it.
You don't actually have to take the apple in that last jump. If you turn around fast enough you can get it on the way back.
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

zworqy wrote:
WorstKuskiEver wrote:pass the hilly area and jump to the 2nd floor. take the apple (it's not the difficult part, right ?). now, drive fast to your right and in the little bump, jump as far as you can, and take the second apple in the same jump. now turn to the flower and touch it.
You don't actually have to take the apple in that last jump. If you turn around fast enough you can get it on the way back.
way tougher... anyway, thanks dz.
and i'm trying to fix the link...
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

You can do a miniature brutal-ish thing and get the apple easily on your way back to the flower.
Hard to explain. Just kick a bit off from the floor under the apple.
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

MagnusB wrote:You can do a miniature brutal-ish thing and get the apple easily on your way back to the flower.
Hard to explain. Just kick a bit off from the floor under the apple.
1. don't forget that we're talking here about beginners, not about the best style... as a beginner i know that i don't like to do too much brutal volts tricks, it's just too complicated for me (except enigma, i like it :P ).
2. I fixed the link
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

It's not really a brutal volt. You just push a bit from the floor. Really easy.
Anyway, taking both apples in the jump is easy too, just push left when you go down the last bump of the right loop.
Segosa
Kuski

Post by Segosa »

No matter what i do i cant get the 2 on the bottom in the same jump :(

#EDIT#1: awwww no! my score is 30:xx but my friend just got 34:xx!! he's catching up! i desperately need 2x:xx!! and that wont happen unless I do what was in those replays! i've studied them but i just Have the worst luck!!!

#EDIT#2: ok i can get both in 1 jump now.. all i need now is to be able to brake fast enough to get 2x:xx :|

#EDIT#3: OH YES YES YES!!!!!!!! I got it in 27:00 Seconds exactly!!! :D :D :D :D
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

Segosa wrote:No matter what i do i cant get the 2 on the bottom in the same jump :(

#EDIT#1: awwww no! my score is 30:xx but my friend just got 34:xx!! he's catching up! i desperately need 2x:xx!! and that wont happen unless I do what was in those replays! i've studied them but i just Have the worst luck!!!

#EDIT#2: ok i can get both in 1 jump now.. all i need now is to be able to brake fast enough to get 2x:xx :|

#EDIT#3: OH YES YES YES!!!!!!!! I got it in 27:00 Seconds exactly!!! :D :D :D :D
congrats :P
he he in table #130... new sick wr by segosa... 19,99 in tag !
lol just kidding.... good luck NEway

btw, i don't know what about you, but xx,00 isn't kinda record that you can sleep well with it... :?
devin
Kuski

Post by devin »

I didnt know tag could be so complicated :?
-brag
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

Tomorrow's Lucky Run Solutions Today
Flowertouching Men
Segosa
Kuski

Post by Segosa »

WorstKuskiEver wrote:
Segosa wrote:No matter what i do i cant get the 2 on the bottom in the same jump :(

congrats :P
he he in table #130... new sick wr by segosa... 19,99 in tag !
lol just kidding.... good luck NEway

btw, i don't know what about you, but xx,00 isn't kinda record that you can sleep well with it... :?
Lol.. 19:xx would be nice.. :p but impossible lol
xx:00? Why not? coz it looks too "exact" almost fake? I suppose so.. i wish it was 26:99 coz then people would think of it as 6 seconds :D

#EDIT#1: My replay of Tag, 27:00 Secs!

#EDIT#2: Just watched your replay karlis, thats what i tried to do originally when i couldnt pass the level at all :P But i realise my replays are all more than 25 secs coz the last bit, the end, braking, turning around and getting into that hole in the least time possible, if i did that i would have less than 25 secs.. but no.. i always mess it up.. id ont aim right :(

Oh yeah and WTF Is höyling??
Flyrre
Kuski

Post by Flyrre »

Segosa wrote: Oh yeah and WTF Is höyling??
It's when you play a level over and over agian and if you make a misstake you just "Esc" and try again! :wink:
[GF] ;)
Segosa
Kuski

Post by Segosa »

Guess what happened today in school :wink:

Level 8, Tag:
00:26:83 Sean

:) :) :) :) :) :)
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Great! I guess you win this little battle of yours then..
Rules | FAQ
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

1. it would be nice to watch the 27:00 and the 26:96 in merged replay, don't you think ? :)
2. xx,00 is just too... breakable... you know, there is much more different when you have 26,99 or 27,00... but you broke your second limit, now you can feel good with yourself :)

btw, what is your friend's time ?
Segosa
Kuski

Post by Segosa »

SveinR wrote:Great! I guess you win this little battle of yours then..
Yeah... And it's all thanks to you guys!! Thanks!! :D

My friend said "I'll let you keep your record" lol... :)
1. it would be nice to watch the 27:00 and the 26:96 in merged replay, don't you think ?
Good idea.. but i wont be able to until next week.. I left the replay in school :oops:
2. xx,00 is just too... breakable... you know, there is much more different when you have 26,99 or 27,00... but you broke your second limit, now you can feel good with yourself
:D I am :D

My friends time is 34:xx, I dont know exactly, whenever i beat him he always talks as little as possible about elma, and always says I beat him coz i play 24/7.. Like thats a bad thing! 8)
Last edited by Segosa on 25 Apr 2003, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

I just watched the merged replay.... god, you led all the way, but only in the finish you had this fall....

now do contest on other level... Islands in the sky sounds good :)
Segosa
Kuski

Post by Segosa »

WorstKuskiEver wrote:I just watched the merged replay.... god, you led all the way, but only in the finish you had this fall....
You mean i really f*cked it up at the end? yes... I do that.. a lot :cry:

#EDIT#1: I downloaded some of the professional levels, and played them, and i surprised myself, i found myself automatically doing crazy professional loony thingS! lol And i found the trick to Pipe Driving, well not really a trick but im MUCH better at it now and its becoming very fun :) :D
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

Segosa wrote:
WorstKuskiEver wrote:I just watched the merged replay.... god, you led all the way, but only in the finish you had this fall....

#EDIT#1: I downloaded some of the professional levels, and played them, and i surprised myself, i found myself automatically doing crazy professional loony thingS! lol And i found the trick to Pipe Driving, well not really a trick but im MUCH better at it now and its becoming very fun :) :D
1. pipe driving is cool... try the 17th event of WCup 3, finish it :wink:
if you want a cool very-short pipe level I made, here's the link :
the level
my replay of the level

2. you can improve your rec in tag ! If i did it, you can too !
come on, show your friend who's the boss... you have the style, just hoyl it. 8)
Segosa
Kuski

Post by Segosa »

WorstKuskiEver wrote:
Segosa wrote:

1. pipe driving is cool... try the 17th event of WCup 3, finish it :wink:
if you want a cool very-short pipe level I made, here's the link :
the level
my replay of the level

2. you can improve your rec in tag ! If i did it, you can too !
come on, show your friend who's the boss... you have the style, just hoyl it. 8)
I beat your Pipe drive time on that level.. "Michael" :P

I dont think im gonna get a better time in Tag, its hard :(
GuyB
Donator duck

Post by GuyB »

Segosa wrote: I beat your Pipe drive time on that level.. "Michael" :P
what was your time ? . I got 6.25 very easy

my replay

GuyB[rdk]
Danish elma and across-site. Home of the OLDSCHOOL contest AND Hibernatus´ old ACROSSLEVELS
sonic_fruit
Kuski

Post by sonic_fruit »

GuyB wrote:
Segosa wrote: I beat your Pipe drive time on that level.. "Michael" :P
what was your time ? . I got 6.25 very easy

my replay

GuyB[rdk]
awesome
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

maybe i'll change my name to "WorstPiperEver" ?
coz i don't know what about you, but it took me about a hour to finish this level !

EDIT

ok i saw your style... piece of a cake. but your RECORD is hard... mine now is 6,29... i'll hoyl this level later :?
Last edited by WkE on 26 Apr 2003, 15:55, edited 1 time in total.
KickZ
Kuski

Post by KickZ »

An hour 8O . You definitly are "WorstPiperEver":lol:
But keep on hoyling. You get better.
Member of team TAH| TT: 45:15,77
http://www.freewebs.com/kickz_elma
Play teh pipes!
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

KickZ wrote:An hour 8O . You definitly are "WorstPiperEver":lol:
But keep on hoyling. You get better.
look at my edit. now my top ten is 6,3x mostly.
anyway, try to finish this level with my style, and let's see how much time it's takes to you. (and of course what is your result... :twisted: )
KickZ
Kuski

Post by KickZ »

purepipe.lev 00:06,24 KickZ
Last edited by KickZ on 26 Apr 2003, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.
Play teh pipes!
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

KickZ wrote:purepipe.lev 00:05,24 KickZ
1. hmmm i know that every second post here belongs to me... sorry about that :wink:
2. WOW !!! if you asked me b4 this result, i would say that under 6 is impossible... upload the replay, if you saved...
3. super-pipe level ! WAY longer.... actually the longest i can, it's all the wide of the editor....
the level
my best time replay, 16,46
Segosa
Kuski

Post by Segosa »

well i've only got 2 mins on the comp so I decided to try the 2 pipelevels again, i got 6,73 on PurePipe, and 16,37 on the long one, note i did this in less than 5 tries
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

ha ha 16,15 !! seems impossible, uh ?
well, here's the replay

kinda new style ? maybe if you drive with your head that's low the drive is faster...
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

16.04 in superpip.
Rules | FAQ
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

KickZ wrote:purepipe.lev 00:05,24 KickZ
Whaat? You can't be serious?! Are we playing the same level here?
I would very much like to see that replay.
KickZ
Kuski

Post by KickZ »

oops, hehe. I meant 6.24 :lol:
Play teh pipes!
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

If anyone's interested:

superpip.lev 16.01 http://www.geocities.com/sveinrunesaxrud/spipesve.zip

purepipe.lev 6.12 http://www.geocities.com/sveinrunesaxrud/ppipesve.zip

I'm telling you, that superpip.lev can't be driven much better than that. I got 16.01 pretty quickly, but didn't save it (I had a save of 16.03), then I got it again, also not saving it. So I just "had to play" to get 16.01 again. I had hoped to get under 16, but...what the hell. So now I have three times 16.01 and rest + many more 16.02 :P Man I have little to do....

Btw how this this topic came to be about pipelevs? :)
Rules | FAQ
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

SveinR wrote:If anyone's interested:

superpip.lev 16.01 http://www.geocities.com/sveinrunesaxrud/spipesve.zip

purepipe.lev 6.12 http://www.geocities.com/sveinrunesaxrud/ppipesve.zip

I'm telling you, that superpip.lev can't be driven much better than that. I got 16.01 pretty quickly, but didn't save it (I had a save of 16.03), then I got it again, also not saving it. So I just "had to play" to get 16.01 again. I had hoped to get under 16, but...what the hell. So now I have three times 16.01 and rest + many more 16.02 :P Man I have little to do....

Btw how this this topic came to be about pipelevs? :)
1. :cry: you're evil ! 16,0x.... ok i'll download the replays in a minute and will brake your records....
2. maybe segosa could change the topic name to "tag & pipe levels" :D
btw, don't even think that i like impsybility levs, i love only pure pipes, not too complicated.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Back to topic, please.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Segosa
Kuski

Post by Segosa »

yeah good idea change the title to Tag & Pipe levels, if its possible :)
vartan
Kuski

Post by vartan »

6.11 purepipe.lev :twisted: 8) :twisted:
16.05 superpip.lev :?
Segosa
Kuski

Post by Segosa »

vartan wrote:6.11 purepipe.lev :twisted: 8) :twisted:
16.05 superpip.lev :?
how did you do that 8O
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Probably same as me, the replays are up there some six posts.
Rules | FAQ
vartan
Kuski

Post by vartan »

the first lev did it myself without dowloading the replay,
the second lev i downloaded the replay but i knew the style.
Dance like no one is watching !
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

Hehe... I`ve got 24.5x in Tag without that bouncy thing.
39:37,91