Oldschool replays

Look for replays and levels and ask people's times.

Moderator: Moporators

jaytea
37mins club

Oldschool replays

Post by jaytea »

i hear a lot about these old school elma players like king kong, champi0n etc. but it would be cool to view a collection of their replays to see how good these guys really were. anyone have any very old miscellaneous internal replays that didn't make it onto the "Old WR replays" section? Would be interesting to see
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

its very hard to see their skills from the old recs I think, everything they did back then is done better nowadays. You should have been active back then to understand their mightiness
Tomorrow's Lucky Run Solutions Today
Flowertouching Men
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

there are quite a few pajen recs floating around that aren't on moposite, such as his famous Ramp Frenzy and tunnel terror

and moposite has loads of champi0n recs!
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

pajen never had any great ramp frenzy rec as far as i know
it might be mgen's 55.00, jeppe's 58.xx or jokke's 58.16 with various old styles
[carebox]
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

actually he had a great ramp f rec.. I was so keen into getting it back then and I think I got it at some point :roll:
Mick
Kuski

Post by Mick »

the great thing about pajens ramp frenzy was that he got 57,xx without going through the pipe. he used the old hang on the polygon style. it is the fastest still that anyone has ever done it that way. it was an amazing rec i believe, i couldn't believe the time when i first saw it.

edit: id just like to say that i think pajen was one of, if not the most skilled players ive ever known. i would show him a new style and the day after he would have beaten the wr by a second or more. thats exactly what happened with bowling and tunnel terror.
team EM - why not ok?
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

Indeed.. he was my favorite player when I started internals seriously.
He always suprised me with amazing times. I feel sorry for him for the replays of his that were spread via idiots.

And he's still one of the most mysterious star that has ever been because you could practically never see him online. Only once I managed to talk to him via ICQ. He's the one who inspired me most playing internals and finally taking the 40 minute limit. Sorry, just had to praise him, because I just think he deserves it.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

feel free to spread his amazing old style recs
i think he wouldn't have anything against it nowadays
[carebox]
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

It's weird, when i first started i thought jeepe was so insane i thought he was some bot, was pajen really good before jeepe? anyway i never really saw his recs but all i know is zweg is the new insane player. he has times in every top 10 except for 1 im pretty sure. zweg damit get a top 10 time in taht one lvl. hehe easier said then done but zweg can do it. dmd was damn good too all these years but he was too good to be real. when i saw his wc 14 lvl i think when he beat everyone by like 4 secs i was like omg but now it all kinda makes sence. Anyway i was bored and wanted to ramble on for a bit hope no one minds.
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

i have said it before, and it i will say it again. unfortunately it is not something that most people want to believe. pajen's Ramp Frenzy is overrated. merge it with Tor's rec and see it get beaten quite significantly over the first 20 seconds. and it's no use mentioning that pajen didn't have alo, because of course, no alo is used until the shortcuts. Is pajen still one of, if not the number one greatest kuski ever? Yes. Is pajen's time still very very good? Yes. But does this rec deserve the attention it gets? No way. 56,xx very possible with this style. There is a far, far more impressive Ramp Frenzy replay that is less famous, and that's Tor's 54,1x without the middle shortcut. That's a top10 time!

I hope I've brought some of the hype to light here.
Cloud
38mins club

Post by Cloud »

Yeah, you are right sierra. I always used to think it was a really extreme and unbeatable ride but it's not really, even I made better times with my screw-up rides that weren't good enough for the fast style.
(*_*) (*_*) (*_~) (~_~) ...zzzZZZzzZZ...
dunedan
Kuski

Post by dunedan »

Anyone who have the replays? It would be fun to look at them.
//dun
43 mins
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

http://www.mxb.dk/upload2/24paj.rec <-- 57,7x
http://www.mxb.dk/upload2/24t0r.rec <-- 52,6x

not gonna spread tor's 54,1x cuz i don't know if im allowed to