Converting demos to avis?

Look for replays and levels and ask people's times.

Moderator: Moporators

LLCoolDave
Kuski

Converting demos to avis?

Post by LLCoolDave »

Speed Demos Archive (http://www.planetquake.com/sda/) originally came into existence to cover up discussions and demos of records on the classic id game Quake. Not too long ago it was extended to speedruns and speeddemos of any game that can be done quick, providing videos to make these underground activities available and known to the wide public. ElastoMania fits perfectly in that category.

1.) First of all, I want to get a green light for converting the demos to DivX Videos that can be easily viewed by anybody, even those who do not own the game.

2.) I want to make sure I have the fastest known recorded times. Right now I'm using the demos posted on the Professional Replays and Multi Replays pages. If you know of any better demo than that, I'd like you to post here or send them to webmaster@thps3.net

Feel free to post comments and feedback.
Rez
Kuski

Post by Rez »

HOW THE FUCK WILL YOU CONVERT THEM TO AVI????
LLCoolDave
Kuski

Post by LLCoolDave »

First of all, by not shouting at me.

I'll probably be using a screen capturing device, most likely FRAPS. If that will turn out not working all too well (which I doubt) I will be recording to a VHS tape via TV output and recapture it with a capture card.
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

Its not many of the WRs that aare on the proffesional page, and you prolly wont get any much faster replays then thoose.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

One problem is that not all WR replays are published at the time they are fastest. So you can come like 0,1/1 sec close for a replay.
LLCoolDave
Kuski

Post by LLCoolDave »

That isn't exactly a problem as were not trying to cover the world records but rather the fastest recorded times.
Marvin
Kuski

Post by Marvin »

I have talked to Radix about Elasto Mania ages ago, but atleast back then he didn't want it on SDA because all WRs aren't official.

You're welcome to #qdq at quakenet to try and convince him...

Edit: You better catch him soon, because he's leaving and won't get back until sunday.
LLCoolDave
Kuski

Post by LLCoolDave »

"well if you do all the work i can post it ;-)"

I've talked about it with Radix beforehand. So I guess I'll be converting those demos then, but I'm not sure if I will have the time to do it this weekend. After all, Metroid Prime 2 will be out today, which is a good reason not to go to school tomorrow.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

search 'replay sharing' topic, there are some faster recs (zweq's)
i guess they will be updated in the next 'professional replays' update
[carebox]
LLCoolDave
Kuski

Post by LLCoolDave »

I'll check them out later.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

LLCoolDave, all WR's are recorded, but not all of them are public. But I bet you wont see any difference between some 0,1 sec difference.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

haha good luck using fraps in elma :lol:
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

noob fraps.. go look at some decent screen capturing software namely Snagit .. i cant be bothered to find URl