Record Times???

Look for replays and levels and ask people's times.

Moderator: Moporators

ArcticCat580

Record Times???

Post by ArcticCat580 »

I've looked at the record times people have and honestly unless people cheat somehow I dunno how its done. I think I'm pretty damn good at elastomania and most my times don't compare to the record times. I've played this for years, I just wanna know is there something I don't know, like cheats people use or things in the game to make it go faster?
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

dude i thought the same thing at first when i saw elasto mania which was like 3 or 4 or years ago was just like OMG Jeppe owns. Until you watch pro replays though and then try to mimic them then you can't see the times possible. What are your times on some good lvls and total time just curious? and where you from? Now a days tor and John own.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

ye, just download the pro replays from moposite (and put the rec files in your elma Rec folder in order to watch them in game).

basically, when a bunch of pros play these levels for years and try every possible style, you get pretty good times, as you see.

actually when i first came here i expected to see some crazy times, and there were, so that's why i joined the scene as "WorstKuskiEver"... my tt (total time) was about 1:30h. god, i didn't even finish the whole game.
but after trying some faster styles for every level, you start improving. no shortcuts i'm afaraid.

oh and btw, there is actually a move that you don't know about and might improve some of your times - alovolt (some kind of a stronger rotating to the right). nothing new there, it's already in the game, but there's a software that gives it a separate key.
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
jaytea
37mins club

Re: Record Times???

Post by jaytea »

ArcticCat580 wrote:unless people cheat somehow I dunno how its done.
they don't, people have been filmed playing by others, and there's a variety of anti-cheat tools out there used by those who help maintain moposite
ArcticCat580 wrote:I think I'm pretty damn good at elastomania and most my times don't compare to the record times.
you might be, amongst your friends and others you've seen play the game for the first time. but we're talking about the best players in the WORLD now, standards are much higher
ArcticCat580 wrote:I've played this for years, I just wanna know is there something I don't know, like cheats people use or things in the game to make it go faster?
played it for 'years' and only now have bothered to research elma on the net? you sure you're not exaggerating a little :p?
Xiphias
39mins club

Re: Record Times???

Post by Xiphias »

ArcticCat580 wrote:I've played this for years, I just wanna know is there something I don't know, like cheats people use or things in the game to make it go faster?
played it for 'years' and only now have bothered to research elma on the net? you sure you're not exaggerating a little :p?[/quote]even I joined the scene 3 years after i started playing.
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..