Warm Up, hjääälp

Look for replays and levels and ask people's times.

Moderator: Moporators

body25
Kuski

Warm Up, hjääälp

Post by body25 »

Need some help with Warm Up. Been playing it alooot. Seems like 14.26 is my limit. Cant get any better.
So i figured it out its the start that, expekt from me, sucks ass; however no matter how i do it it doesnt get any faster.

I press gas before pressing "play again" and immediately (or like at the same time) after that space and of i go.

Well something is fkd ap! My dream in this life is to get below 14.18!

Hiiiilfffffeeeeeeeee!
Attachments
01426bia.rec
(11.91 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
Igge
38mins club

Re: Warm Up, hjääälp

Post by Igge »

for starters:
press both space and gas before you press enter, ez saves some milliseconds i guess.

anyway no elma, so cant watch your rec, but all you need is good timing. when your back wheel leaves the ground after the second bump, be quick to brake, alo, turn, and gas again, and then to turn and start gasing again when you hit the ground, but not too long before you hit the ground either.

but still, i suck at warm up, and i faking hate it, so dont trust me.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
western
Kuski

Post by western »

hmm, maybe you could turn vsync off, buddy.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

western wrote:hmm, maybe you could turn vsync off, buddy
orka tuning. seriously. seems like nabs tend to be more interested in tuning than actually just playing and developing their skills. like instead of just playing, they immediately go like "omg what the best fps for bowling? tell me so that i can make 1.18.xx!!124"

like, unless youre really going for some really good time, where hundredths really matter, just fak the tuning, and just play.
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

YEAOH tuning is for the pros and pros are we not so shatefak
western
Kuski

Post by western »

...but the grip! :)
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

i think you should simply merge your replay with another better
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
western
Kuski

Post by western »

Mawane wrote:i should simply merge your replay with another you think better
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

WTF, DON'T EDIT MY QUOTE!
this is MINE, I have a copyright on it (C)
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
body25
Kuski

Post by body25 »

Im no nab,i just suck.

Started before all you kids.

Oh really merge with another?! did that but doooossssnnnntt heelppppp!
whats tuning?
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

doesnt matter. like i said, nabs tend to think tuning is the answer to everything? why? because it's seems like an easy way to cut time. however, it only affects your time by maybe a few hundredths, and still, if you're not going for a wr or so, there's no fuckin need for tuning. seriously.

just play. play, play, play and sooner or later youll get a lucky ride, where everything feels smooth and clean, and then youll fuck up just before the end. however, if you continue playing after that fuckup, youll see that what you concidered a lucky run before, is becoming like default, and youll just get better and better.

don't trust tuning to do the work for you, cause it wont. skill will always beat tuning, at least when it comes to, not bad times, but not wr runs either. seriously. there is only one sollution to your problem, and thats to hoyl.

play, play, play and then, play some more, and you might not notice it at first, but you will get better. your average will slowly but surely drop, and before you know it, 14.26 will be your average.

even if it feels like you're not making progress, you are. just play. thats the only way. just play.
western
Kuski

Post by western »

have you ever tried tuning yourself? I've just uncapped the fps in tag and myself doing some crazy tricks... just a thought! ;)
body25
Kuski

Post by body25 »

thanks a lot for your efforts but doesnt really help much when this idiot doesnt understand what TUNING is
:beer:
western
Kuski

Post by western »

western wrote:- when vsync is left on (as it is as default): fps is stable and equals the monitor's refresh rate;
- when vsync is turned off (via driver options): fps is unstable and differs from the refresh rate.
here's for the idiot ;)
body25
Kuski

Post by body25 »

edit:crap
western
Kuski

Post by western »

if you've studied computing, you should know where to find these "driver options." ;)
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

Release the gas a bit just before your backwheel hits the first uphill, that should do the trick. Setting vsync off does help pretty nicely in warm up.
western wrote:if you've studied computing, you should know where to find these "driver options." ;)
And since he obviously hasn't, he doesn't know. Unless you have crappy laptop like me, you should be able to change vsync off with a program like Fraps.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Igge i'm terribly sorry for yelling at you twice in two posts, but tuning affects more than just two milliseconds.

you can't shelf life s/c with vsync off, but your run is auto 1-2 seconds slower with vsync on, no matter what, Uphill Battle Brutal is 10000000x easier with vsync off, and nearly impsy with it on.

Warm Up - you get a ton more grip at the turn on the wall with vsync off, so make sure it's off, and make sure you copy the recs keystroke for keystroke, it can save ms ez.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
western
Kuski

Post by western »

Orcc wrote:
western wrote:if you've studied computing, you should know where to find these "driver options." ;)
And since he obviously hasn't, he doesn't know.
I haven't the habit of defending myself, but whatever: he said he "studied computing" right before editing his post. I fount that funny that when my post was sent, it was written "edit: crap," meaning he had found. :)
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

either way, tuning should not become your main focus, but it does help on warm up. Bear in mind though that px drove some 14.60 on warm up first try on elma in 2000, and people managed to get awesome times without any notion of tuning and alovolt and br00tal etc.
Crazy
The Höylä

Post by Crazy »

body25 wrote:Need some help with Warm Up. Been playing it alooot. Seems like 14.26 is my limit. Cant get any better.
So i figured it out its the start that, expekt from me, sucks ass; however no matter how i do it it doesnt get any faster.

I press gas before pressing "play again" and immediately (or like at the same time) after that space and of i go.

Well something is fkd ap! My dream in this life is to get below 14.18!

Hiiiilfffffeeeeeeeee!
For start - just as Orcc said about first hill - don't tap brake (you'll not gain anything by doing that if you're not tor). Then you need to get a grip as soon as possible after second hill. For the wall, go as far up ass possible before turning. For ending - do zweq ending. Practice in this lev if not want to make WR if accidently great run...

Practice ending

edit: Nicholas style/ending should be more appropriate
ARTISTRY is in the eye of the Beholder -||- TT Höylä Mission: 10.48.43 -||- Best Times: Tutorial1 -||- höylä
body25
Kuski

Post by body25 »

body25
Kuski

Post by body25 »

This tuning sync off fraps thing seems fine. Cut three 100s wihout doing anything.

Smaxa knows one or two things about elma
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

SmaXa wrote: you can't shelf life s/c with vsync off, but your run is auto 1-2 seconds slower with vsync on
yes, you can.
Morgan
36mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Morgan »

what time in real lev is 06:20 here with perfect first part ? :P
Image TT - 36:53.16 || 17 Polish Records || SPEED