The most legendary levels

Look for replays and levels and ask people's times.

Moderator: Moporators

Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

The most legendary levels

Post by Orcc »

Which levels are the most legendary to you? Here my

Internal: I've never been too interested in internals, but I guess it's headbanger. The pipe shortcut was such legendary back in the days, when not many people had the skialz to drive it. Also Enigma gets a little status here, the wr back in Across was such ball-dropping that I couldn't believe you could drive it without cheating.

External: This is actually quite tricky. Possibly HEJ levs in the first levelpacks, they were quite nice challenges.

Cup lev: Easily that old King Cup lev with the pipe shortcut. Everyone thought it was impsy, but dz managed to finish it. Karlis also höyled it like hell, but only managed to die two(?) runs at the exit of the pipe. :mrgreen: Also the first wcup event where I got points (one point) was a bit special.

Battle lev: Possibly my first mopobattle victory. I also remember Juish claiming that he beat my wintime when he played the lev, but luckily he missed the real battle.

Own lev: I've never spent that much time making levs. Yet I remember my first full version Across levs, I really spent long time designing them. Also it was nice to get a level to OLP, #05 Sikasakitus. The lev wasn't anything special, but that very tricky start brutal was kinda nice find to it. Actually it wouldn't have been possible in the original level which I sent to MUe, but he edited the start to be more annoying and with that also gave more speed to make the brutal possible.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
abruzzi
Kuski

Re: The most legendary levels

Post by abruzzi »

nice topic but why not upload levs/recs to support your stories?
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

Mm yeah why not. I just have to search for them, since I don't think I have any (except the OLP one).
NoobSty2-competition

ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

And why is this in Replays and times??
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

Code: Select all

Replays and times

Look for replays and levels and ask people's times.
NoobSty2-competition

Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

my legendary levs:

internal: ez win WU. absolutely.
external: i lost all of my loved legendary levs when reinstalling elma 4 years ago... it was some cmC´s levs and some levs noone else has, cuz made by my cousin, in that time great elman, even he never played online... cant find them again.
cup: didnt play many cups, but in the MC3 were nice unreachable levels/times which i admired...
My level: it was one grunt, dunno which, when ramone was hoyling it 2 hours after balle ended and got sick time. i will upload later.
Battle lev: one ramone´s RAM or ONE or sach that i was the only i found teh styl and made great time (sum 2-3 secs better) just few second before balle ended. Was so excited then... oh, memories... and also fumad702.. nice lev, even no pictures and grass which i appreciate much, but i could handle teh lev without it.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Tankkivankki in across, felt like some super impsy lev as a kid, played for days to finish teh. remember getting some 6-8mins. Of course mandatory speed trap deaths, missable apples and invis polygons included.

Bumpy journey is legendary obviously, höyled for months to get my first wr, then suddenly everything was much easier. Nowadays the stereotype of a shit lev, but hey you can love even the retarded child if try real hard.

Serpents tale is legendary, remember höyling like uber mongo and had top10 1.00.07 - 1.00.40ish then boom 59.37 at 4.00 AM, next morning was going to countryside for couple of days so I had to get under min before teh. Also good old toringe/magicman bounce styl höylage 52.44 and the newest nab 48.xx. Cant wait to höyl teh 44.xx style in 2016. Undoubtedly one of teh best internals.

MOPOCO15 of course. never really liked it too much, but it was there on every computer of nuorisotalo and every kid was scared of teh lev.

I cant remember anything else right now
Attachments
MOPOCO15.lev
(22.65 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
TANKKIV.LEV
(12.13 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Zweq wrote:Serpents tale is legendary, remember höyling like uber mongo and had top10 1.00.07 - 1.00.40ish then boom 59.37 at 4.00 AM, next morning was going to countryside for couple of days so I had to get under min before teh.
Reminds me of when I, was going to teh countryside the following day, and also stayed up to late AM hoyling to get 49.xx tt. I did enigma nab style first for some 26.xx(?) or sach. Then had like 10 seconds to go, so I hoyled steppes for probably 3 hours more (previously I had hoyled like enigma 1h, steppes 1h, enigma 1h, steppes 1h etc). In the end I managed to get 15.03 and got my tt down. That night felt like such a success.

Edit:

Internal: Bowling is probably the most memorable for me. A friend of mine was stuck on bowling when he first introduced me to the game. We'd play it multiplayer, but we disagreed on which route you were supposed to go. He went up first, I went down. We played for maybe 1 hour or so and never finished. Still, it was very fun dying and then watching him play and see if he'd make it and vice versa. I remember a couple of days later we downloaded the moporec and I was pleased to see I had chosen the correct route. His counter to that was that his route was funnier, which we both agreed upon. 8)

External: Said friend and I played the MOPSI levels quite thoroughly. Especially the adventure level by BarTek and the chainlev. Again, we'd play multiplayer. Adventure lev was especially fun exploring together, but chainlev was fun when we realized we could play it with actual multi styles, where one player or the other would skip certain apples to get ahead and then catch up etc. I remember we failed many, many runs at a certain part, though right now I can't check whose it was. It was a wavy uphill in the top right corner I think, right after xhomaz(?) part. I'll check when I get home, or maybe someone else can help with this?

Cup lev: I don't really play cups so it's hard for me to say, at least on a personal level. I'd have to agree with Orcc about the KingCup(4, was it?) level. There are some levs from cups like MK3 I remember vaguely as having quite an impression on me, but I can't really say. I'll edit if i can think of anything in particular.

Battle lev: I remember some elmasite battle levs were quite cool, but I don't remember one that really stood out. Just like cups I have never really been that into balles, so again it's hard to say. Maybe one time when I beat both zweq and jt in order to win some random balle when I still was quite new to belma. Was like my second win overall as well. 8)

Own lev: I suppose this category should be the one I have most to say about, but I never really appreciate my own levels enough to actually remember them. Sure, if I play some random level I made 4 years ago I'll definitely recognize it immediately, and sometimes even remember making it, and in very rare cases I'll even remember what music I was listening to while making a certain part of it. Still, it's not like I remember them well enough to keep them in mind; they all just kinda lurk there in the back of my head. That being said, I do remember a few that have left marks on me. I'll start with the more obvious ones. (I'll edit with links to levels and recs when I get home!)

- VSK056. It wasn't until I made this level and saw the subsequent hoylage that I realized what making levels really was about. It was one of the turning points of my "levelmaking style", so to say. When I first made it I saw only one route, like your average nab levelmaker would (or like me nowadays when I make some badongo style but overlook the mega-ez, mega-annoying crapfuck style that's 10 secs faster and ruins the entire level thank you very much). Then I started playing it more and noticed you could pipe the beginning instead of bouncing. It made getting to the second apple a lot harder due to a lack of speed, but nevertheless it was possible. Boy did I feel like a motherfucking genius figuring that out!

I started creating a little buzz about the level on elmasite (I always uploaded my new VSK levels there regularly), and sure enough I got some more people to check it out. Many new styles were found and hoyled as I watched this once single-route level evolve into something I had never seen before in one of my own levels. Then AKB happened. After seeing this replay I realized what levelmaking is all about.

Designing is not about making a level that's fun to drive. It's about making a level that's fun to explore. Creating a level doesn't end with saving it and starting it as a balle or releasing it in a pack; the level will continue to be developed by the players, and will never cease to do so. Making levels is all about allowing players to mold the level however they want. A good level will not play out like you want it to. It will be deformed into something you could have never anticipated, and no matter how ugly it is there's always a beauty behind it. Forget everything I said about crapfuck styles that are faster than the intended one. That crapfuck style is what makes elma such an amazing game. It doesn't matter if the new style is less "satisfying" to drive - it's still a style that was there all along, but too hard, or sometimes even too obvious for you to see. Still, someone had the game sense and experience (or sometimes lack thereof) to see something you could not. They magically took your level and turned it into something completely different just by looking at it from a different perspective - a different angle. How something so plain as a 2d map based on random polygons can have such depth is what fascinates me the most about elma, and is why the game will never get boring.

This is the very reason people still play internals as well. The internals aren't fun because Balazs made a couple of levels and had everyone drive them the way they were supposed to. What makes the internals so amazing is the amount of molding and re-shaping by hundreds of players that they have undergone over the years. Let's face it - hoyling a certain style can be fun, of course, but nothing beats just playing around - exploring - and coming up with a completely different way to drive a level. It doesn't even have to be obvious. I'm sure even Jarkko has had several revelations while hoyling uphill that have, in a relative way, drastically changed the way he's driving the level. Be it a couple of milliseconds worth of gas, or some slight alteration of rotation, it's still something you find eventually, and that gives you that mindblowing feeling. When you realize you've been doing something wrong all along, and then it just hits you, and the level will never, ever be the same again. You took what Balazs first made, and what had then been recontstructed for many many years, and then you changed it yet again. That feeling is amazing. That feeling is what Elasto Mania, this simple 2d motorcycle game, is all about.

Sorry if off-topic.
Last edited by Igge on 10 Feb 2012, 13:25, edited 1 time in total.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Tigro: CMc's levels http://cmcelma.webs.com/ Most nostalgic levels for me =)
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Internal:
Headbanger, Labyrinth Pro or Apple Harvest probably. A very difficult choice since each one has their distinct "personalities". Headbanger has a very literal name, easy to remember, an (most likely) accidental shortcut and a bunch of sections bound to be hiding faster styles. Labyrinth Pro is "that long labyrinth level". Mastering it and getting ~WR-times requires patience, skills and consistency. Apple Harvest is another distinct personality level. Platforms everywhere, WR-times dropping and dropping without knowing where to stop, small tweaks and completely new routes (Kaz/anp) are still popping up.

Another choice if you use another point of view would be Warm Up. The first internal which absolutely everyone who has ever touched an internal has played. Players all around the world has hoyled it to their max, yet the WR is stuck at exactly 14.00. The player who breaks the barrier will surely be remembered.

External:
EASY... MOPOCO15

Own level:
Far from legendary but I do think the 10-15 most recent JoPis are the best levels I've made :)
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Max post Igge, was nice read.

for me:

Internal
Most memorable internal for me is probably Shelf Life because it's probably the only level i've hoyled properly. First time in elma that i had that feeling when you know you can do a world top 10 time in a level and you hoyl like hell for it. I made 11th in the world and couldn't beat my time no matter how much i played, even though it was so improvable. Eventually i went inactive and lost touch. Years later, my hoyling partner (Kiiwi) now has sick time there.

External
Maybe the Vibi levels cause they were first i played, but my favourite to hoyl... EOL pack is the only thing i've hoyled at all. Some Crazy Hoyla too.

Cup Lev
TEH03 by Igge was my favourite ever Cuplev. By a long way.

Battle Lev
Some old battle by Ismo (don't remember levname) in #battle. My first ever battle. Came last. :D

Own Lev
Not really sure to be honest.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

The most legendary lev for me is a "kingkong" level. There is a huge king kong on the right side, and a flower on it. There are some cars (wheels are killers) on the ground, and you have to reach the king kong on a zig zag way. I played on this lev about 10 years ago, when i was a child. Furthermore there is a big building, it could be the start place.
If you know what I am talking about, please help me to find out which lev is this. Would be fucking nice! Thanks for advance:)
Lousku: Snajdig, forgive all my subtle and not so subtle hostility towards you in the past. I can't go on harassing anyone who produces sach sweet wisdom.
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

This is all I can think of.
Attachments
bigboy.lev
(57.46 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

The Rickroll of Elma.
NoobSty2-competition

roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

Can only fill two categories:

Internal: Not a great internalist so don't have much to say about internals. Probably the most legendary one for me is Precarious, the only lev I actually have a decent time. Just started hoyling the shortcut as a nab and it wasn't that hard. Was suprised when I got some pretty good times and eventually after max hoylage got a world top 10 time which was huge for me. Nowadays wouldn't prolly even manage the shortcut =D

External: Probably some of the Kopasite levs I hoyled for half a year before joining Belma. Veezay hoyla pack was awesome.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Igge wrote: What makes the internals so amazing is the amount of molding and re-shaping by hundreds of players that they have undergone over the years.
Very many yes! Nowadays if you start a 60 min battle level, optimal route is most definitely found, and if it's a smooth level, then all the moves will be optimized also. It's quite amazing and sad at the same time! Need more unsmooth levs, take a look at tunnel terror, it goes up and down, not from speedloop to speedloop, it is unsmooth lev, which is why many small tricks have been found throughout its history. Flat trackish and uphill levs generally don't get too optimized during a battle. I think unsmoothness on "larger scale" is something to think about.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Zweq wrote:
Igge wrote: What makes the internals so amazing is the amount of molding and re-shaping by hundreds of players that they have undergone over the years.
Very many yes! Nowadays if you start a 60 min battle level, optimal route is most definitely found, and if it's a smooth level, then all the moves will be optimized also. It's quite amazing and sad at the same time! Need more unsmooth levs, take a look at tunnel terror, it goes up and down, not from speedloop to speedloop, it is unsmooth lev, which is why many small tricks have been found throughout its history. Flat trackish and uphill levs generally don't get too optimized during a battle. I think unsmoothness on "larger scale" is something to think about.
The thing is, though, people will always come back to play the internals. If you start a random balle lev that's really good, there will still be at most 2-3 people who play it afterwards and try to perfect it. Cup levels are the closest thing to the ints i'd say when it comes to hoylage, but even there when the event is over most won't even try to improve their time after seeing some faster trick done by someone else. Because of this you're left feeling like you kinda have to make the balles a bit "easier" than the ints in that regard. At least that's how I feel. I don't want people to have to figure out every little volt timing perfectly in a 1.5 min level when there are really hard bounces and whatnot too, since they have only less than an hour to find the style and get a decent run.

I guess external packs are the only place where you can make such levels, but there are not many people who play them. :I
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

Internal: Hill Legend? :D but seriously i mean it, it was on elma demo and was great.

External: absolutly MOPOCO08 i always wandered how someone could finish a level like this, well now i know. But cost me lot of years.
pa26le01.lev by olliz i never liked but still played it since i have memory.
JoPi13 <3 and Moszat01.lev didnt finish yet but i will.

Battle lev: Cap first finish levels so wtf nice and he starts like 1 per year)

Own lev: My very first levels i made, not so long ago i merged the best ones in a level pack you can find in http://www.kopasite.net/records/pack/Pab/
Attachments
Moszat01.lev
First ground bounce level i know
(1.28 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
My Youtube Channel Level Stats Maker Battle Notifier!

Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Internal: Can't say for the whole scene, but for me i think it my most 'wtf' moment ever was when zweq did 42 on ramp frenzy. and i hoyled that lev a lot myself too, till i did the shortcut

External: Hcem, Hcot and Hcpa pack! must've spent hundreds of hours playing those levs when i was a nab. and also there were some 5000 levs levpacks on this elastomaniac site. i think the levs were just called from x0001 to x2800 or dunno what. but i haven't seen these levs since 2003, does anyone still have some of these packs?

Cup lev: Wcup507: Crisscrossing by zebra, one of my favourite levs ever, and awesome rec by (i think) luther.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

Pab wrote: and Moszat01.lev didnt finish yet but i will.
hmm, i just tried this 2 mins and finished 23.98, and saw only grob had a time in eol some 3x. have people played this a lot without finishing, really?

my memory is not too good for this topic. but one memorable level was jokkes wcup 4 level, where raider had a really cool style, that i just was not nearly skilled enough at the time to pull off. i should try it now.
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

Moszat 1 was played in belma so best times are lost, i just cant do groundbounce but many did

Edit: 22.34!!!! finaly did a ground bounce )) im happy
My Youtube Channel Level Stats Maker Battle Notifier!

Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
infected
Kuski
Team: LOS

Post by infected »

Internal: By far Hill Legend! me and 2 friends used to fight over best time on it (was the only lev we played). did some 20.xx and thought i was pro so decided to try to get a decent TT. realized that most internals where quite boring so went back to int13, did some 17.xx with 55TT and entered world top10. was max proud and got after that i got addicted to the game.

External: This is hard... but i think TW (tricky world), was a challange to only complete all of the levs. Also KZB and MC by Mcleod (best levpack ever made, to bad people dont know about em). Still remember when me and Boomer discussed styles on MC and the constant fight who had best TT on em.

Own: Made so many shit levs in my days. But i guess infpi01 is the one im most proud off. John wanted a pipe to play, so i made one for him. But ended up making it longer and longer. Even remember John had probs just finishing it. Now people just cruise through it becouse of average skill has raised so much

KZB
MC
TW
infpi01
geomatric hallucinations
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

Igge wrote: Cup lev:I'd have to agree with Orcc about the KingCup(4, was it?) level.
Actually it was KC02. I could only find edited (trainlev) version of it in EOL database, but I edited it back a bit so you can check out that pipe shortcut.
Attachments
KC02pie.lev
(7.81 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
NoobSty2-competition

SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

snajdig wrote:The most legendary lev for me is a "kingkong" level. There is a huge king kong on the right side, and a flower on it. There are some cars (wheels are killers) on the ground, and you have to reach the king kong on a zig zag way. I played on this lev about 10 years ago, when i was a child. Furthermore there is a big building, it could be the start place.
If you know what I am talking about, please help me to find out which lev is this. Would be fucking nice! Thanks for advance:)
The only thing I can think of is the level LostPRA by Mandel, which certainly is a legendary level in its own right, along with other great Mandel levels like DiZZy, BigBoy and mrSun. It doesn't follow your description to the fullest though, so it's probably not the correct level.
Attachments
LostPRA.lev
(45.87 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

it's not the correct level.
:cry:
Lousku: Snajdig, forgive all my subtle and not so subtle hostility towards you in the past. I can't go on harassing anyone who produces sach sweet wisdom.
Thundr-
37mins club

Post by Thundr- »

The PRA levels definately uber, also the Riz/Psy collaborations levels were mega (only think there are 1-2?). I especially favor Olliz levs too, simply because the old elastomania.com levpacks mostly were full of 10000 shitlevs and olliz visually nice designed and backinthedayclevertricksy levs sticking out like a monster negrocock amongst a bunch asian wieners.
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Internal: Level 19 in trial version.

External: Olliz's "Eve.lev" almost makes me cry. Sad level but beautiful design, legendary!

Cup lev: Last Mastercup 3 level.

Battle lev: They all suck because nobody puts good levels anymore.

Own lev: AKB00023.lev Simply because it started off as a drawing, and a huge adventure. Used maximum pictures, apples, and level size. 347KB Probably the largest Elma level, but definitely not the longest. It was mega fun to play and some parts were even slightly challenging to get right! Needs a special LGR to play, but worthwhile!
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

A.K.B. wrote:Own lev: AKB00023.lev ...
Was ez to finish first try :) It is a broodmother of nab levels, but kinda enjoyable..
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

External: Olliz's "Eve.lev" almost makes me cry. Sad level but beautiful design, legendary!

omg akb i'm really crying, reading this. a beautiful level. also, there is really none NONE none other levmaker whose levels actually LIVE they really are like something touchable, cannot even express that
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

Can I get anywhere some collection of Olliz levels? I hope someone has at least 50 of them (hopefully much more), coz I have only very few.. :(
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

Bludek wrote:Can I get anywhere some collection of Olliz levels? I hope someone has at least 50 of them (hopefully much more), coz I have only very few.. :(
Boomik to teh rescue))

http://www.jappe2.net/upload/sxnqbfvbow ... levels.rar
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

abruzzi wrote:External: Olliz's "Eve.lev" almost makes me cry. Sad level but beautiful design, legendary!

omg akb i'm really crying, reading this. a beautiful level. also, there is really none NONE none other levmaker whose levels actually LIVE they really are like something touchable, cannot even express that
I can't even remember who Eve was... but I agree, Olliz's levels were something tangible, living breathing pieces of expression that should forever be immortalised in the canon of Elma.
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Tigro wrote:i lost all of my loved legendary levs when reinstalling elma 4 years ago... it was some cmC´s levs and some levs noone else has, cuz made by my cousin, in that time great elman, even he never played online... cant find them again.
they weren´t actually CmC´s, but eLe´s.
Bjenn wrote:Tigro: CMc's levels http://cmcelma.webs.com/ Most nostalgic levels for me =)
OH GUYS O,o

I just found all the levels i thought they were lost. I was revising all untitled CDs in my shelf and found a CD with all elma stuff I had when I was starting, along with the very first levels I have ever played. These are the LEGENDARY levels for me. The quality of levels isn´t rally high, but its soo nostalgic that I wanna cry.
http://kopasite.net/up/ssdfy1no0hnx8d7/ ... elPack.zip
edit: the king01.lev was the first autolev I have ever played, even it was very FPS-dependant, so I have never finished it. I think this is the most legendary level for me.