Annual WR Updates

Look for replays and levels and ask people's times.

Moderator: Moporators

gimp
Kuski

Annual WR Updates

Post by gimp »

I have been concerned lately that px has been working too hard and needs a long break from updating WR table. So I propose that he only does it once a year now. Elma and WR table is probably stupid to him by now and it is kinda like a booger he can't flick off his finger for the last 10 years or so.

This will also make wrs less of a priority since they are a waste of time now (impossible) anyways and people can spend time else where, i.e. call of duty, candy crush, or other more main stream games, Elma is no longer worthy. Also it WILL make GAA super easy to find best WR category as well or best internalist.

I propose we make the date in August since that was our last WR update.
God Bless America
Mika_27
37mins club

Re: Annual WR Updates

Post by Mika_27 »

Really, wrs update is very laborious process. That's why once a year.
VALDO
Kuski

Post by VALDO »

or like the Olympics, once every 4 years
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Or just freeze the table, it's perfect the way it is now anyway!
Kiiwi
37mins club

Post by Kiiwi »

gimp wrote:I have been concerned lately that px has been working too hard and needs a long break from updating WR table. So I propose that he only does it once a year now. Elma and WR table is probably stupid to him by now and it is kinda like a booger he can't flick off his finger for the last 10 years or so.

This will also make wrs less of a priority since they are a waste of time now (impossible) anyways and people can spend time else where, i.e. call of duty, candy crush, or other more main stream games, Elma is no longer worthy. Also it WILL make GAA super easy to find best WR category as well or best internalist.

I propose we make the date in August since that was our last WR update.
Yes, very good. You can't make a wr, so let's just forget the whole damn thing and shutdown the world record system altogether. It still is to some ppl important, or the only thing in the game. Not necessarily world recording, but the internal scene.
Image "It's good to be having fun, but it'd be funnier to be good"
jamppa
37mins club

Post by jamppa »

Wait for me to beat Kiiwi in int 27 and then freeze the table plz
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

TIL People that quit smoking have an increased chance of becoming trolls.
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
iltsu
37mins club
Team: EF

Post by iltsu »

wait for next table cuz madness will be kicked out on that one, then freeze table pls, oke?
Tm
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Tm »

I see this topic as a desperate sarcastic effort to raise discussion about wr tablet updating issues. Nice one gimp ;)

I'd volunteer to update tablets if some mysterious jury reaches an agreement to that. But I won't, because I'd want to do some wring in the future. Any other volunteers that might have motivation + respect points from community + px acceptance? Constructive arguments are welcomed I believe.
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

There is only one issue about the wr updating that people keep asking over and over and over and over and over and over and over again osv.
"WHEN??????"

I don't see any problem with frequency of updates, atm at 2-3 months it works quite nicely with the frequency of wrs. Maybe 3 months is a little long but then again 2014 is much more active compared to 2013.
All we would need to get everyone to stop the whining is to schedule updates, for example, update the second sunday every even month at 12pm Eastern Australian Winter Time.
Always post news at this date:
"No new wrs to be updated" or "8 new wrs" osv
More frequent updates would spam 1 wr tables and "No new wrs to be updated" news posts and I don't find this fun at all and it would be annoying to keep track of everything.
Imagine if there were weekly updates and spef did one wr every week for 5 weeks, then infrequent igge comes around and now has 5 tables to watch and think about and gz about and everything, it's easy for igge to only check 4 tables and miss spefs 10:35 time in int10, especially since it's not a gurantee that wrs happen weekly and that there are 5 new tables and wrs osv.

Should the updates be automatic? I don't care as long as someone manually checks the replays and stuff, which would require some manual step in the updating. osv.
Should someone else do it? Please god no, I would only trust SveinR or Kopaka. Kopaka has enough to do already and SveinR is even more infrequent. The multi wr table has been down for over 6 months and it's been over a year since someone drove a multi wr without update.

However there is no point to do anything since all the wrs are impossible and the game is dead and zweq retired to play candy crush and anpdads brain stopped working so there are no new styles in elma osv.
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

Gotta go with the golden mean, which would be something like maybe around 1 month between updates these days. Ofc spamming tables (or spamming "No new wrs") weekly isn't good and means just useless extra work. On the other hand this 3 months is way too long; people are eager to see the new times in the official table, tt drops etc. Would also suck if a man never gets his wr time in the official table because someone beats it after 2,5 months.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

I agree with bene. If someone is too lazy to read the whole post of his, here's a shorter version for you:
bene wrote:The updates should be regular osv.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

y, should adapt and make it monthly or bimonthly update. Back in 2003-2004 even weekly update wasn't enough sometimes, now it's very different.
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

bene wrote:TIL People that quit smoking have an increased chance of becoming trolls.
Actually smoking decreases your amount of trolling and now that I have quit I am reverting back to my normal troll state as a non smoker. To date I am 67% back to normal of what a non smoking me would be as a troll. This is all according to my cessation app though so quite speculative. I've heard swimming WILL increase this percentage more quickly.

TIL what TIL means.

Thank you bene.
God Bless America
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

bene wrote:I would only trust SveinR or Kopaka.
Please let Kopaka do it!
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

God, poor Kroppkaka always has to to everything..) I would also trust some Markku with sach, seeing as he never hoyls for WRs anyway (maybe plays some int along with other kuskis in EOL if new style is discoevered, but I haven't seen him actually hoyl for a WR in a long time).

Still, updating WRs takes great amout responsibility, and also a certain amount of dicipline to retain abstinence from using the styles yourself. I for instance could never do it because I know I'd want to try a new WR style if I came across one. Being handed all WR recs also this means you can't really think of new styles yourself since you will see them all as soon as someone else does, or if you did have a style in mind and were playing it yourself, if someone else sends it in as a WR all of a sudden you can't share it, even if you found it first.

This post probably makes 0 sense. Sorry, im very tired.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

So who's going to try and talk to Abula or px about this. We can talk all day about who should do it but it won't solve anything until we tell them tactfully that we don't want px handling this sh*t anymore.
God Bless America