Elasto Mania II is apparently out

General discussions related to the official Elasto Mania 2 game and the iOS version.

Moderator: Moporators

ArZeNiK
37mins club

Re: Elasto Mania II is apparently out

Post by ArZeNiK »

-T0ny- wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 02:57 can anyone confirm if pipes are a thing ?

*asking for a pipe addict friend*
they are a thing if you create teh properly drivable imo
hi im arzenik :>
elmzuke.lev is the greatest piece of art ever created
umiz
Kuski

Post by umiz »

How does it develop Balazs?
[i cruise, i lev, i live]
balazs15
Creator of Elasto Mania

Post by balazs15 »

I write this post because about a year ago I was talking about a possible January time for doing something about the game. Now I'm still working on the very same project I was working on at the beginning of the year and I'm still not finished. That project takes way much longer than what I anticipated. Now unfortunately I have no idea when I will work on the game. I'm very sorry for saying something and then doing nothing about it.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Nice to hear you haven't completely abandoned the game. This game would definitely have some potential with some work done on the physics. Spinning was completely killed in elma2, for me personally that was the worst change.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Will you make an update to support the new iPhone screen sizes (iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone XS Max)?
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Schumi
39mins club

Post by Schumi »

balazs15 wrote: 4 Nov 2018, 17:29 I write this post because about a year ago I was talking about a possible January time for doing something about the game. Now I'm still working on the very same project I was working on at the beginning of the year and I'm still not finished. That project takes way much longer than what I anticipated. Now unfortunately I have no idea when I will work on the game. I'm very sorry for saying something and then doing nothing about it.
Hi Balázs!

In the meantime, could you please at least release Csaba's levels? I guess it would still be fun to play with those.
thanks!
Elasto Mania - 34:22.20 | #416 - 12. April 2021
Ancient Internals
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Is this what you are referring to?

http://www.elastomania.com/packs_win_new.html

There's a collection of Csaba's levels there.
Schumi
39mins club

Post by Schumi »

Almost :) I am referring to "Csaba has more levels..." part
Ancient Internals
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Schumi wrote: 16 Dec 2018, 12:49 Almost :) I am referring to "Csaba has more levels..." part
Oh I see :) I didn't read what it said on the page. I just remembered there were some levels by Csaba on the website. :)
ofta
Kuski

Post by ofta »

elma 3 when?
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

ofta wrote: 10 Feb 2019, 15:11elma 3 when?
judging by the current pattern, approximately 96 years later
balazs15
Creator of Elasto Mania

Post by balazs15 »

Earlier in this thread I was talking about something I planned to do about the game. Now I sold the game and the rights to it so I will not do any more work in connection of the game. I'm very sorry for saying something and then doing nothing about it.

By the way I sold the game to Daniel (you can reach him at info@elastomania.com). I met him a few years ago when he had some plans about creating some new things about the game. I have the feeling he will add to the game much more than what I would add.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Not that it matters anymore but I don't support this decision, we have a community full of programmers and many of us were willing to buy the game, I know for a fact some people that belong to our community have contacted you.

Only if we knew about these plans.
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

I'm very sad the community wasn't approached about this.
ToMaT
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Dear Balazs,

I want to express my sincere disappointment

Love,

Elma Fan
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

balazs15 wrote: 20 Apr 2020, 12:03 Earlier in this thread I was talking about something I planned to do about the game. Now I sold the game and the rights to it so I will not do any more work in connection of the game. I'm very sorry for saying something and then doing nothing about it.

By the way I sold the game to Daniel (you can reach him at info@elastomania.com). I met him a few years ago when he had some plans about creating some new things about the game. I have the feeling he will add to the game much more than what I would add.
elastomania.com wrote: Dear fans,

I am Daniel from the (newly formed) Elasto Mania Team. We have recently acquired the rights to the game from Balazs, the original creator. While I don't want to divulge our long-term plans just yet, I'd like to take this opportunity to say how happy I am seeing the support and love this game gets from its followers even 20 years after its original release, and make it clear from the start that we are fully supportive of the community around the game and have no plans to interfere with any of the fan creations related to it.

If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to contact us at info@elastomania.com

Best regards,

Daniel
I think this might be a good thing for Elasto Mania. At least something is happening at last. Welcome, Daniel!
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

It's an utter shame Balazs wouldn't engage in negotiating with offers from community members over the years but this is ultimately a better situation than the limbo before and I believe Daniel's and community's interests can align well. Welcome!
39:37,91
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

I think if I were Balasz, a 50-something year old man used to the old ways, I would also sell my game to a good guy I met in real life rather than some Discord punks that have been pirating the game for like two decades, making fishy patches and who didn't even like the sequel.
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

But Abula met with Balazs in Budapest or somesach as far as I recall??
ToMaT
umiz
Kuski

Post by umiz »

Interesting! Welcome Daniel!
[i cruise, i lev, i live]
zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

Look at www.elastomania.com
It seems to have a new design and there is already "community highlights" section with all the most important links :)
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

zebra wrote: 24 Apr 2020, 08:03 Look at www.elastomania.com
It seems to have a new design and there is already "community highlights" section with all the most important links :)
That's promising! Cool that they actually link to EOL.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Starting to look great, thank you Daniel. I think it is safe to say at this point everyone are unanimously excited about this. The initial reaction was the opposite because based on the information available there was valid concerns about you just doing your own way and publishing some own version of elma, and our version of online elma (EOL or successor of EOL) never becoming legal and widely available. Now it appears that we are working together, which is exactly what we have been hoping for.
Schumi
39mins club

Post by Schumi »

This design is just simply awesome! Very 21st centurish :)
Ancient Internals
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Super weird to see a new design of the website after all these years.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Schumi
39mins club

Post by Schumi »

Maybe its time to move back the WR table to the official site? :roll:

btw here is the first snapshot of old site:

https://web.archive.org/web/20000520003 ... mania.com/
Ancient Internals
Schumi
39mins club

Post by Schumi »

We are now allowed to use the community logo from the official site:

https://elastomania.com/files/community_logos.zip
Ancient Internals
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

zebra wrote: 24 Apr 2020, 08:03 Look at www.elastomania.com
Damn, that is so cool. Balazs never really officially acknowledged community-made stuff on the site. This is very promising start.

stoked
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Bludek wrote: 24 Apr 2020, 18:22Damn, that is so cool. Balazs never really officially acknowledged community-made stuff on the site.
Apparently not completely true!
https://web.archive.org/web/20030207153 ... /links.htm
But true in the last few years at least :D

But yes, the website looks super neat, and the logos too! Should probably incorporate them somewhere :)
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

pawq wrote: 24 Apr 2020, 19:08
Bludek wrote: 24 Apr 2020, 18:22Damn, that is so cool. Balazs never really officially acknowledged community-made stuff on the site.
Apparently not completely true!
https://web.archive.org/web/20030207153 ... /links.htm
But true in the last few years at least :D

But yes, the website looks super neat, and the logos too! Should probably incorporate them somewhere :)
Ah, great memories! I used to download thousands of levels from the websites mentioned there.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Apparently there were some even in the last version :o

go to elastomania.com -> "old Elasto Mania website" on the bottom -> "Old version" -> "Links"
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

I hev to say, ofc I'm still sad Balazs didn't go to us first. But I must say Daniel has handled it all very well so far. Hopefully good collaborations to come. )))
ToMaT
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Which direction do you guys think this will most likely go? Perhaps it will come to steam, and then the amount of players might grow a bit.

I haven't played much for many years, but I'm very interested where this is going to go. We see old games being revived again and again. Maybe David manages to revive Elma into the next Angry Birds? :P
The gaming industry is bigger than the movie and music industries combined, so there is big potential there. If he goes this direction then it will mean ads/heavy monetization though.

Think: Elasto Mania p2w or cosmetics. Buy tokens to unlock things. New kuskis and/or bikes would cost some special token to buy. Otherwise log in daily to get free tokens. Collect flower pots to buy new shirts/helmets. Trade rare items with other players. Buy new special bikes (mono-bike, rollator, tricycle), power-ups and boosters. There would be tokens, but with names related to flowers, motorbikes or elasticity. Peony, Roses, ..., Chains, Gearbox, Brakes, Fuel, Wheels, Tires, Springs.

Or to take inspiration from other popular games, such as infinite runners, introduce an infinite side-scrolling mode, see who can reach the furthest, share with your friends by logging in with Facebook/Apple.

Anyways, no reason to hate on Balazs for selling it to someone he knows. He has given us so much.
If you don't like whatever David will make of Elma, then you can always go back to the current version.
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

Xiphias wrote: 28 Apr 2020, 10:07 Which direction do you guys think this will most likely go? Perhaps it will come to steam, and then the amount of players might grow a bit.

I haven't played much for many years, but I'm very interested where this is going to go. We see old games being revived again and again. Maybe David manages to revive Elma into the next Angry Birds? :P
The gaming industry is bigger than the movie and music industries combined, so there is big potential there. If he goes this direction then it will mean ads/heavy monetization though.

Think: Elasto Mania p2w or cosmetics. Buy tokens to unlock things. New kuskis and/or bikes would cost some special token to buy. Otherwise log in daily to get free tokens. Collect flower pots to buy new shirts/helmets. Trade rare items with other players. Buy new special bikes (mono-bike, rollator, tricycle), power-ups and boosters. There would be tokens, but with names related to flowers, motorbikes or elasticity. Peony, Roses, ..., Chains, Gearbox, Brakes, Fuel, Wheels, Tires, Springs.

Or to take inspiration from other popular games, such as infinite runners, introduce an infinite side-scrolling mode, see who can reach the furthest, share with your friends by logging in with Facebook/Apple.

Anyways, no reason to hate on Balazs for selling it to someone he knows. He has given us so much.
If you don't like whatever David will make of Elma, then you can always go back to the current version.
he seems MUCH more clear-minded than to make elma a standard 2020 video game
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

Who is David?
Team SPEED

ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

its daniel, he typoed
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Sorry I wrote the wrong name. Does anyone have more info? I see Daniel mentions an Elma team. Anyone from the community that is on that team or is going to apply for work there? :p
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

Xiphias wrote: 29 Apr 2020, 07:06 Sorry I wrote the wrong name. Does anyone have more info? I see Daniel mentions an Elma team. Anyone from the community that is on that team or is going to apply for work there? :p
we dont really know anything about the elasto mania team but we can directly talk to daniel via discord so there's that (username kalmard)
Schumi
39mins club

Post by Schumi »

Just for the record, he is a Hungarian guy. Kalmár Dániel I guess from his nick.

Btw we have News!

Code: Select all

HAPPY 20TH BIRTHDAY ELASTO MANIA!
The days of floppy disks, CRT monitors and dial-up internet are long gone, but our old school favorite outlived them all. Where have you
been 20 years ago? Some of you have stayed with us from the very beginning and the most hardcore among you might even remember
Action SuperCross, the predecessor of Elasto Mania. A lot has happened in the past two decades, in the meantime this teenager of a
retro pc game grew up to be a fully formed cult classic, and there is no stopping here. We hope you will be in for the ride and follow the
game in this exciting new chapter as well.

Code: Select all

SHARING IS CARING
We love to see your gameplay, social media posts, anything and everything related to Elasto Mania. Use the following hashtags and
help us find you: #elastomania #elma.
Ancient Internals
ofta
Kuski

Post by ofta »

i'm happy, seems daniel got the heart in the right place, hopefully this can push things in interesting directions, somehow
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

ELASTO MANIA ON STEAM - RELEASE IN 2020
The final countdown has begun, Elasto Mania will take its rightful place among the most popular video games out there. Stay tuned for the launch and make sure you have a Steam account.
If you're interested in helping out with the Steam release before launch, please sign up as a beta tester here.

- 1st of May 2020 https://elastomania.com/
There it is. First step towards a new era.
Schumi
39mins club

Post by Schumi »

I would sincerely ask to move this complete category under general or new versions... imo completely useless since the happenings of last weeks noone will care about elma2. Opinions?
Ancient Internals
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Dunno, I agree that nobody cares but then somebody might, and it's a pretty separate thing from normal Elma, so maybe best to keep isolated.

Or move to thrash and testing xD
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Some might care about Elma 2, I don't think it does any harm to keep it. But maybe a new one for Steam Elma should be considered?
Rules | FAQ
Schumi
39mins club

Post by Schumi »

in case you have not seen this yet:

https://olka.design/elastomania.html
Ancient Internals
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Schumi wrote: 1 Jun 2021, 18:31 in case you have not seen this yet:

https://olka.design/elastomania.html
Very interesting!
Rules | FAQ
dawid
Kuski

Post by dawid »

Official Elma on Android, seems to be publicated few days ago https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... mania.elma