Elasto Mania II is apparently out

General discussions related to the official Elasto Mania 2 game and the iOS version.

Moderator: Moporators

ArZeNiK
37mins club

Re: Elasto Mania II is apparently out

Post by ArZeNiK »

jonsykkel wrote:
TGR wrote:How can I copy my best times from shareware to registered?
http://kopasite.net/up/6518md3a644xdhe/ ... ateDat.pdf
ty very much
hi im arzenik :>
elmzuke.lev is the greatest piece of art ever created
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

jonsykkel wrote:
can u merge 2 states lik in original elma?
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

jonsykkel wrote:
GAA post and very useful pdf
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
FinMan
36mins club

Post by FinMan »

wow pdf thank's for share
AndrY
38mins club
Team: .lev

Post by AndrY »

tried to make a lev)) who can finish?
Attachments
impsa01.lev
(241.12 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
My levs and other Elma things: sites.google.com/view/elma-andry + youtube
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

AndrY wrote:tried to make a lev)) who can finish?
http://kopasite.net/up/0/impsa01Xi.rec

Quick finish :) Very cool level!

New replay files are too large for mopolauta's max 300 kB limit.
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
AndrY
38mins club

Post by AndrY »

wowwow nice!
it feels you are know how that physics)) for me this is hard while. even simple things as get out from hang u need to do other way that in elma1
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

status:ONLINE - - -  drinking:GOFE - - - iq:85 - - - elasto mania ranking:#1
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

jonsykkel wrote:that was bad rec now for good rec
http://kopasite.net/up/q7kvqngvseb4wxu/impsa01jon.rec
:beer: Very nice :)
Schumi
39mins club

Post by Schumi »

jonsykkel epic avatar :D
Elasto Mania - 34:22.20 | #416 - 12. April 2021
Ancient Internals
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

thank u
Schumi
39mins club

Post by Schumi »

The moving platforms can push the wheels into the ground:

Ancient Internals
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Well I duno how the rest of the lev works but heer's a start style for real mans.
Attachments
impsa01start.rec
(48.59 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
AndrY
38mins club

Post by AndrY »

hmm
Attachments
impsa02.lev
(84.22 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
Schumi
39mins club

Post by Schumi »

max nice lev Andry, how to change ground color?
Ancient Internals
AndrY
38mins club

Post by AndrY »

ths)
change style index (from 15 to 22 maybe) of poly to 20 if need green

btw, i cant change distances of polys, that option in editor works very strange. anyway one poly is always foreground(
how it?
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

AndrY
38mins club

Post by AndrY »

ahahahahh rec :mrgreen: mega sik finish
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Bug: Wheel gets stuck on moving polygons weirdly sometimes. Coupel exampel recs:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... fwheel.rec
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... wheel3.rec
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

LEVMAKERS!

If you beleev that Elma 1 internals are magical because they weer made naively by people who didn't understand pasibilities, then right now you hev an opportunity to mayke equally legendary levs for Elma 2. AndrY already made 2 sick ones.
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

so the hyperaccelerating thingy that happens when braking in a narrow place still exists.
btw, what fps does the game run at?
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Balázs,

great to see you here and thanks a lot for the new game! I've finished almost all levels by now. Most of my points have been already said but to summarize:

The playbility and the bike control of Across / Elma1 is superb and it must be the core thing why the game got so popular (timer + editor too) because there is no better game in this area as far as we know. It's easy enough to finish simple levels but complex enough to improve forever. The popularity is not because of the moving killers or some other secret mysteries which many other games already do in better way. The automatic elevators etc. "cool things" might be funny to see first time but they decrease the playbility. Maybe Elma2 could have had different themed level packs: Trial pack, Adventure pack where Trial would have Across style levels where the bike control is the point and Aadventure having "cool levels" for new players.

I know that you didn't make the game for us but I think that we, the true fans, can be also quite good indicator if the game is any good. If we don't like the game, there is a big chance no one else likes it either. The "small game" industry is a totally different world now compared to 1997-2000 and a mediocre game can't succeed.

If you wanted to make money, I guess you would have more success with making "Elma3" with us, add it to Steam and ask for a small price. (I don't really know about this side but other people mentioned it.) If the game was superb like Across / Elma1 and it was easier to install, it could gather many new true fans who could pay a monthly subscription. There could be still an adventure level pack for the new players to get them hooked up. And a Community/History pack to introduce the last 20 years :).
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

balazs15 wrote:Where I'm at with my thinkings is that there is a good chance I can include the old physics into the game as a next step without spending too much development time. I mean doors, elevators and teleports would be in the game together with the old physics. But I will try to do that only in January.
Sounds very good :)

Balazs, it's very nice to see you here after 17 years! I have been waiting for you :) First of all I want to thank you for making my life so much more enjoyable by making Across and Elma 1. I think that Elma 1 is by far the best game ever! Almost all other games tend to lose their attractiveness after year or two when you have found their bugs and limits. But in Elma there is hardly any disturbing bugs which would ruin the gameplay.

And the editor, it's fantastic! I fell in love with it right away 17 years ago and I think it has been the most essential thing why I'm still interested in elma. The level editor and the simplicity of the level format (polygons, apples, flower) has taught me a lot and it's somehow part of me. I remember years when I practically didn't think anything else than level making :)

Abula is right that it would be very nice if we could create next version "together". If it's going to happen, I'm ready to design some levels ;)

Thanks!
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
umiz
Kuski

Post by umiz »

balazs15 wrote:Where I'm at with my thinkings is that there is a good chance I can include the old physics into the game as a next step without spending too much development time. I mean doors, elevators and teleports would be in the game together with the old physics. But I will try to do that only in January.
Bálazs! <3 Living legend. Fun to see you around.
[i cruise, i lev, i live]
Schumi
39mins club

Post by Schumi »

how much time would it be to implement improved graphic elements in the old game? (apples, killers, textures, new trees) and would you do that? :) or it is completely out-of-scope?

is there normally colored version of those trees btw?
Ancient Internals
balazs15
Creator of Elasto Mania

Post by balazs15 »

Sorry, implementing graphical elements into old game is not a high priority for me because people don't seem to like it.

The first thing I plan to do is importing the old physics into the new Windows version. This is because it is possible I can do it quickly. Probably in January I will have some time and try that. The other things would be nice too but surely not in next month. Developing software usually requires considerable amounts of time and this is the not straightforward thing for me. I will think about my possibilities, and now I don't want to say something heedlessly.

Amazing levs and recs.

Thank you for all the kind words!
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

When changing physics back to elma1 I think you should also look at possible changes to fix a few issues with the physics engine that have tormented our community for 17 years. It would be prime opportunity to do the fixes, because all levels will be new.

Biggest issues are
1. Varying timestep between frames affect gameplay. Timestep can vary from 33ms to 1ms and elma is entirely different game between those endpoints. Beginner players won't notice a difference though. The elma science has gone so far that for each internal world record FPS value is carefully picked, because having the correct FPS value can win up to multiple seconds of time. 31. Animal farm for example can only be played with 60~ FPS, nothing else works.

There have been some prototypes where rendering and physics engine have been decoupled and those have seemed to work fine. If timestep was always constant between physics frames the game would play the same for everyone. However, deterministic physics are easier to cheat on, for that some of the devs in the community have suggested adding some tiny random decimal (something on the 0.0001... scale) to gravity or such constant on each new ride, which would be unnoticable by human player, but would desync an "autoplay" attempts.

2. Bug bounces. Bug bounces happen when a wheel is near the center of the bike and throttle or brake is pressed. Some number is divided by distance of wheel from center of bike, if distance from wheel to center of bike is a small number the division results into a big number. The effect of a bugbounce is emphasized even more if timestep is big (fps is low).
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

ASPIRINKA wrote:First of all, I don't have any Windows machine at all: only iPhone and Macbook, so I don't have an opportunity to play this game. And - no, I can't install virtual machine on my laptop, because of working reasons. [...] I hope, some Mac version will eventually be released.
You can make a local Windows enviornment (called a "wrapper") on your Mac using Wineskin, and install Elma into that. It's quite a quick and easy process, if you want to know how just PM me and I can walk you through it. It's how I have been playing EOL (and other Windows games) despite only having a Mac =D
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Question: Times are not saved in external levels?

It is possible to open Elma1 levels in Elma2 editor and with some minor modifications you can play old internals in the new game!

I got low 12 on warmup so I guess 11.xx possible!
Attachments
OldInt02.lev
(9.85 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
OldInt01.lev
(7.46 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

Xiphias wrote:Question: Times are not saved in external levels?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9806#p258662
balazs15 wrote:Unfortunately I do not collect the best times for an external level in the lev file. Instead the game displays the time achieved by the rec file if the level was successfully completed.
I don't know how accurate the display of time is.
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
Schumi
39mins club

Post by Schumi »

balazs15 wrote:Sorry, implementing graphical elements into old game is not a high priority for me because people don't seem to like it.

The first thing I plan to do is importing the old physics into the new Windows version. This is because it is possible I can do it quickly. Probably in January I will have some time and try that. The other things would be nice too but surely not in next month. Developing software usually requires considerable amounts of time and this is the not straightforward thing for me. I will think about my possibilities, and now I don't want to say something heedlessly.

Amazing levs and recs.

Thank you for all the kind words!
thanks, we hope for the best :)

by the way, do you see any chance that Csaba could make us official levels packs, just like for Elma2? :)
Ancient Internals
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Is moposite going to add a record table for Elma II?
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
ile
Kuski

Post by ile »

is camera centered yet?
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

ile wrote:is camera centered yet?
He said many times he will work on it (and many other things) in January.
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Zweq wrote:When changing physics back to elma1 I think you should also look at possible changes to fix a few issues with the physics engine that have tormented our community for 17 years. It would be prime opportunity to do the fixes, because all levels will be new.

Biggest issues are
1. Varying timestep between frames affect gameplay. Timestep can vary from 33ms to 1ms and elma is entirely different game between those endpoints. Beginner players won't notice a difference though. The elma science has gone so far that for each internal world record FPS value is carefully picked, because having the correct FPS value can win up to multiple seconds of time. 31. Animal farm for example can only be played with 60~ FPS, nothing else works.

There have been some prototypes where rendering and physics engine have been decoupled and those have seemed to work fine. If timestep was always constant between physics frames the game would play the same for everyone. However, deterministic physics are easier to cheat on, for that some of the devs in the community have suggested adding some tiny random decimal (something on the 0.0001... scale) to gravity or such constant on each new ride, which would be unnoticable by human player, but would desync an "autoplay" attempts.

2. Bug bounces. Bug bounces happen when a wheel is near the center of the bike and throttle or brake is pressed. Some number is divided by distance of wheel from center of bike, if distance from wheel to center of bike is a small number the division results into a big number. The effect of a bugbounce is emphasized even more if timestep is big (fps is low).
3. Left alovolt
davidkuski
Kuski
Team: IEP

Post by davidkuski »

I think this the end of elma community. We should ignore this "game" and not play with that and buy it, rather give donation to Smibu. That is what we are waiting for. Balázs, you should not call this "game" as Elma2, because its totally different as Elma1.
I will not buy this "game". Could anyone upload to piratebay? Or send me by floppy disk? It seems we are in 2000's.
Im very dissappointed.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

wtf? Perhaps you could show some respect to the guy whose game you've been playing for god knows how many years, and whose new game many people seem to enjoy.
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

There have been some minor games which people have höyled for a while and then forgotten (eol+, amle etc.) and without major improvements Elma II will become one of them. I don't see any negative sides about it, mainly just possibilities.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

Well there is a lot of talk about how to improve things, but the only way to go is to make elma suitable for e-sport in the olympics. Of course it consists of elma physics (who said across was good?) and the improvements the community is requesting, but more so the olympic comitee.
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
balazs15
Creator of Elasto Mania

Post by balazs15 »

Abula wrote:Most of my points have been already said but to summarize: ...
I listened to what you told, thanks.
Zweq wrote:1. Varying timestep between frames affect gameplay. Timestep can vary from 33ms to 1ms and elma is entirely different game between those endpoints. Beginner players won't notice a difference though. The elma science has gone so far that for each internal world record FPS value is carefully picked, because having the correct FPS value can win up to multiple seconds of time. 31. Animal farm for example can only be played with 60~ FPS, nothing else works.
Interesting info. I think in the new version it is more of a constant 60 FPS, I but don't remember exactly how it is done.
Schumi wrote: do you see any chance that Csaba could make us official levels packs, just like for Elma2? :)
I will ask Csaba, but unfortunately he is quite busy in recent years (in addition he got used to the new physics and it is not easy for him to go back to the old version :) He did the new packs many years ago.
pawq wrote:Perhaps you could show some respect to the guy whose game you've been playing
I don't think I deserve more respect than somebody else, but I'm happy you said that, thanks!
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

Could it be possible to add a countdown for when you touch a trigger and platforms start to move? It can be hard to estimate when it takes several seconds.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
balazs15
Creator of Elasto Mania

Post by balazs15 »

Orcc wrote:Could it be possible to add a countdown for when you touch a trigger and platforms start to move? It can be hard to estimate when it takes several seconds.
Suggestion taken.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Played the game a bit now, finished about half of levels so far.

The good:
Some new mechanics which can reinvigorate the game. We're probably only at the crusp of what can be done with them in the editor, but we've seen some cool stuff done already by various people. Of course they can also easily be misused (much like gravity apples) but it's nice to see something new.

The bad:
Some issues with physics, as has been said by other. Most noticably the volts.

Lack of statistics. There's not even a stats.txt like in elma 1. Saving the stats in some dedicated files like that makes it possible/easier for the community to collect stats for record tables etc. The simplest way would be to add a stats.txt like in elma 1 (but not just top 10, could show all times imo) and also one for all external levels. A little more advanced could be to save it in a json format for example to make it even easier for developers. Optimal would be something like send stats to a server which will have an API, which will make editing your times harder.
Shadow
Beginner kuski
Team: noobs

Post by Shadow »

what happened?is Balazs here?is update cancelled, with few popularity of game?or?
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

Shadow wrote: 13 Feb 2018, 06:16 what happened?is Balazs here?is update cancelled, with few popularity of game?or?
imo rip elma
balazs15
Creator of Elasto Mania

Post by balazs15 »

I'm sorry for the long delay and to say that I did not do any further work on the game. And I think I will not have the time to work on it in at least a month.
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

balazs15 wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 16:53 I'm sorry for the long delay and to say that I did not do any further work on the game. And I think I will not have the time to work on it in at least a month.
It's nice that you care about us, at least.
edahl
Kuski

Post by edahl »

I tried the shareware version and it seems it is not for me. I feel like this is a missed opportunity to learn from the community that has kept this game alive for 18 years. I don't say that to be harsh, you made the game we all love after all, but if you ever get time to dedicate yourself to development Balazs, imo come talk to us here, on Discord or irc and let's talk about what the community wants and needs, which is maybe official online features like EOL, statistics, quality of life stuff, better level editor, more official levels, etc.

I get that would be a major commitment, but if you do that and put it on Steam or maybe even GOG.com, either as Elma 2 or Elma 1 Remastered, I think and hope it would do well.

If that does not fit with your vision and schedule, maybe consider talking to the Elma Online people and hear if there's something you could quickly and easily do to help them out because what they have done so much for the community.
New old newb :beer:
-T0ny-
Kuski

Post by -T0ny- »

can anyone confirm if pipes are a thing ?

*asking for a pipe addict friend*