Cream Pie Cup 2021 Announcement

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

barryp
Kuski
Team: CMR

Cream Pie Cup 2021 Announcement

Post by barryp »

Hello you wonderful people. For a number of years now, I’ve been seriously considering hosting a pipe cup that separates the men from the boys, a ‘world cup of pipes’ sort of thing. After many vicious bouts of severe procrastination, I have finally managed to get my arse in gear (mainly because of the virus, every cloud has a silver lining), and I am thrilled to announce the first ever Cream Pie Cup, hosted by yours truly, barryp.

Over the last month or so, I have been beavering away in the background trying to line up some epic pipes with some of my favourite designers of yesteryear, with some rising stars making the cut too. I must say that the buy-in I’ve received so far from the community in terms of level making and setting up cup (Kopaka is god) is a little overwhelming, so thank you to all of you creative souls and moderators out there.

So without further ado, it is now time to prepare to find the best piper in the world presently. The Cream Pie Cup will start in just 3 weeks’ time, starting on January 10th 2021. I bid you all good luck ladies and gentlemen.

“So barry, what about the format” I hear you cry? So the cup will have 20 events (a monumental number, I know) with two events per week, with a 1-week break after 5th week. So total number 11 weeks. Two levels will be uploaded to elma.online cup site each Sunday evening, leaving you to play both at your own leisure throughout the week. See link for the official cup site below:
https://elma.online/cup/CPC

Please play online and upload your replays before the deadline on this cup page. Replays are required in this cup. Note that apple results do count, so even if you don’t make it to the flower, your furthest run with most apples will count. Points system is the same as was for World Cup 8. Given the sheer volume of events in this cup, there will be a total of 3 skips available to each player (17 best results count).

How to participate

- Go to the Cream Pie Cup website on https://elma.online/cup/CPC

- Download both current events from events tab or frontpage

- Play the level online in EOL

- Upload your replays on the Cream Pie Cup page before the deadline

- Wait for the results to see how you placed

Unfortunately, my bank account won’t allow for any physical prizes, but supreme bragging rights in community and within teams should be more than enough to justify playing hard and well!

Note: As was the case in recent World Cup 8, people are forced hidden in each of the cup levels (still can choose to show yourself to team mates) and best times are hidden automatically as per usual in cups.

“Yo bp, Can you tell us about the levels?” Sure, I have provided direction to all designers involved to not make the pipes too hard, as I want the cup to be as accessible to all as is possible when talking pipes. I have also set a limit of circa 100 seconds on length of each level (after playing Sierras masterpiece wc810 lev back in November, I’m not sure if anyone is ready for another marathon like that!). This is mainly due to the fact that 2 levels will be released per week, and I want to ensure enough time is dedicated by players to each lev.

Also worth noting that the designers involved are not limited to designing only, they are able to play cup (if they want to of course). Only difference is designers will have to skip their own lev. This is also the case for myself too. I have asked that designers DO NOT send me their levels yet, instead these will be sent to me 1h before they are due for upload to cup site for a final sense check, i.e lev name is correct, internal name also. Apart from this, levels will be completely up to the designer, with no tweaks from anyone. Reading between the lines, this is mainly due to selfishness and my wanting to play in the Cup. Level creators will be kept secret until each level is released.

“barryp, why should I play? I hate pipes” Hey look, I get it. Some people just don’t care for pipes, usually because of repeated head donking and lack of pipe brain. That is fine. But have you considered that this could be a perfect opportunity for you to work on those skills? As stated above, the levels should all be fairly easy, and what better way to blow off the post world cup blues than jumping head first into another cup? I can almost certainly guarantee that you will enjoy yourself when playing, given the designers involved. Also, if you really don’t want to be involved then that’s cool. But try not to be all ‘bah humbug’ about it, all I’m trying to do is bring some new year fun to the elma community!

“barrik, can I support in any way?” Please please please help get the word out, I would love to see as many players as possible taking part! Tell friends, old kuskis, and discuss on online chat, discord and mopolauta so people become aware! Any further questions / queries / discussion points please ask away on this lauta thread. Or feel free to direct message me at any time, best place to catch me is probably discord.

Let’s get this party started, I hope you all are as stoked as I am for the Cream Pie Cup!
Rest assured, blood, sweat and tears (and flits of enjoyment dotted throughout) await all players involved! Have a cracking Christmas and see you all in the new year for some cup fun.

Best wishes,
barryp
I usually would if I could, but I can't, so I won't. Pipes rule. Get over it. :beer:
tomator
Kuski

Re: Cream Pie Cup 2021 Announcement

Post by tomator »

Absolutely perfect!
My new years resolution is going to be to get better at pipes!

I know you said no cash prize but I was wondering if you would be willing to open up the possibility of donating for it? I would gladly give some euro when you put in the work for such an amazing cup.

Also sick name btw :)

HYPED!
barryp
Kuski

Post by barryp »

Hey tomato - I would totally be willing to make some financial contribution if others were too, i only didn't suggest as really don't want to put any pressure on anybody. I suppose though, seeing as you have asked - would any others be interested in making €donations?

Cheers,
bp
I usually would if I could, but I can't, so I won't. Pipes rule. Get over it. :beer:
tomator
Kuski

Post by tomator »

Maybe Possible to have hidden totals until cup starts? That way less like fundraiser and more like little bonus for playing well. Also no need for many mans to donate.
umiz
Kuski

Post by umiz »

Coool barryp!
Pies are always fun and challenging! :beer:
[i cruise, i lev, i live]
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

pipe
status:ONLINE - - -  drinking:GOFE - - - iq:85 - - - elasto mania ranking:#1
tej
Kuski

Post by tej »

May the best biper win

abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Hail Harry!!! cannot wait for teh, thank you for the effort
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

barryp wrote: 20 Dec 2020, 17:56 I have asked that designers DO NOT send me their levels yet, instead these will be sent to me 1h before they are due for upload to cup site for a final sense check, i.e lev name is correct, internal name also.
I think this could backfire in few different ways:
-designer not being available at exactly 1hour before event start. Or maybe not even that day coz of IRL stuff.
-a big flaw in lev which needs more than 1 hour to fix
-a small flaw in lev which needs to be communicated properly with OG designer
-designer sending horrendous lev that cannot be used. At least have some backup levs.

Postponing events sucks big time.
Otherwise this seems like a lot of fun!
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Could be sik cup. GL all!
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
BlaZtek
Kuski

Post by BlaZtek »

STOKED!
[13:22:24] (ImagebEAT) blaz super pro
[17:06:15] (ImageRamone) ok I suckj. blaz rules
barryp
Kuski

Post by barryp »

Hi bludek, thanks for your comments i do appreciate them! See responses below in blue:
Bludek wrote: 22 Dec 2020, 10:57
barryp wrote: 20 Dec 2020, 17:56 I have asked that designers DO NOT send me their levels yet, instead these will be sent to me 1h before they are due for upload to cup site for a final sense check, i.e lev name is correct, internal name also.
I think this could backfire in few different ways:
-designer not being available at exactly 1hour before event start. Or maybe not even that day coz of IRL stuff.
bp> this has been considered. I have the ability to 'mix and match' designers from week to week based on availability. Each designer chosen to submit for the following weeks events will be notified earlier in the week (say Wednesday). I will ask then for confirmation that they will make themselves available on Sunday evening for submit deadline. If for any reason, a designer suddenly is not available (even when they have said they would be) there will be a 3rd member of design squad notified and confirmed on the Wednesday beforehand, who will act as protector of the realm (i.e be on standby ready to submit their own lev).
-a big flaw in lev which needs more than 1 hour to fix
bp> If a big flaw in lev, standby designer's pipe will be uploaded to cup site, and the OG designer will be given another week to fix.
-a small flaw in lev which needs to be communicated properly with OG designer
bp> If a small flaw in lev, say a badly placed killer or some such instance, but the lev is still playable, this will be on the designers head i'm afraid, and their fate will be sealed in the elma history books forever. Note to designers: no idiot mistakes!!
-designer sending horrendous lev that cannot be used. At least have some backup levs.
bp> As said above, I will have a back-up designer for each cup week. I also have 2 reserve designers who have pipes ready for such an instance, as well as a backup lev of my own for a cataclysmic event! i.e anything shockingly bad from my reserves too :P .

Postponing events sucks big time.
bp> Agreed, as well as my worst nightmare!!
Otherwise this seems like a lot of fun!
I hope that calms the nerves a little!
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

Wouldn't it make sense to give levels to someone who doesn't play and he can upload them?
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

I think most email clients allow scheduling mails (so you can set it to send the lev in 6 hours from now and go to bed without worrying about anything). The PC doesn't have to stay turned on either.
ROKKEBOL
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by ROKKEBOL »

Pipe is elma cancer but i very like to watch recs, it is art, so go on!

jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

cream pipe cup has started
status:ONLINE - - -  drinking:GOFE - - - iq:85 - - - elasto mania ranking:#1
barryp
Kuski

Post by barryp »

Yes, yes it has. DL the first two levels here: https://elma.online/cup/CPC

Remember to submit your recs by 6pm on Sunday 17th to be counted.

Good luck! :beer:
barryp
Kuski

Post by barryp »

Hi all - for anyone not on #events thread on discord, some further information to make you aware of (sorry for yet another long, boring administrative Cream Pie Cup post here):

1. - I plan to use the discord #events thread to share the Renaults of each event. Events close at 6pm GMT on Sunday (please dont forget to submit replays!), and I hope to have both sets of results ready for you guys by 6.30pm, however there will be a number of recs to check, so please bear with me if these are a little later than planned. One man can only do so much. I will endeavour to make the next two levels available for DL as soon as renaults have been made public.

2. - At the request of a number of kuskis who have slid into my DMs over the last few weeks, I have put together a paypal donations page for the Cream Pie Cup and thrown some money in there myself too to reward the top players (and a bonus for best designer too). Please please please do not feel any pressure to donate at all, we have already got a little pot of cash going, and hopefully that will be enough of an incentive for players pushing to make sick replays (which at the end of the day is what we all want to see, isn't it?!). Its also just kinda fun to make a prize fund of sorts, I thought about trophies and diplomas and stuff, but seems like hella admin. Winners of bounty can always buy their own trophies after all, but i would prefer to think the community bought that man a giant pizza or something as a reward for efforts.
Having said all the above, if you are interested in donating for any reason, you can add any amount that works for you in the Paypal pool here: https://paypal.me/pools/c/8vYqYqNfg1 and this will find its way to the winners. Be aware that donations are in £GBP as i'm UK mans and it wouldn't let me change to €EUR. Further details will be available shortly on the 'Blog' tab on the cup website here: https://elma.online/cup/CPC
OK, shameless promotion of CPC complete, sorry for any inconvenience caused!! barryp, over and out.